"Doctor Who: Powers of Ten" (OOC)

Well I see 4's scarf right there.

On the left, there? :: squints :: Actually, I think that's a Gryffindor scarf.

(Which raises a whole 'nother set of questions, 'coz I'm pretty sure Barty Crouch Jr was in Slytherin House...)

I think at the moment that picture is shot, Ten is actually wearing Four's scarf while trying to figure out what else to put on. XD
 
GgZGMlG.jpg
 
Last edited:
the one thing I want to know is how someone that looks like Jack Harkness turns into a giant brown head

Now that I have a little time to sit and type this out, I think it's more than just someone undying aging over time. It may be that Jack has been altered by things that didn't necessarily kill him, extraterrestrial forces and such. It may be that Jack's deathless brain has been implanted into a form more easily preserved than a humanoid shape, a minimum of joints and such, suspended in the cushion of a low-gravity jar.

But I kind of subscribe to the neoteny theory. Like the axolotl in the linked explanation, and the also-mentioned ape character in Aldous Huxley's story, there's a notion here that if we live long enough, under the right conditions, we may discover that there's an evolution waiting to happen, a metamorphosis we never knew existed. Perhaps Jack, as a 51st-Century Human (or near-Human?) living from 19th-Century Earth to the year 200,000 (the earliest recorded mention of The Face of Boe) has realised this hidden form.

In any case, this is fantasy dressed up as sci-fi, and it's fun to think of Jack as being the sort of legend on which civilisations are built and sundered, it doesn't make much difference to me how he got there. :: chuckles ::

"Que sera, sera."
 
....traitor


lol... all I know is that Eleven is going to have be pretty fan-fucking-tabulous to get me past the fact that he's about my age.
 
....traitor


lol... all I know is that Eleven is going to have be pretty fan-fucking-tabulous to get me past the fact that he's about my age.

Oh, don't get me wrong.

Ten will always be best. Always always always. (EDIT: "IMHO.")

But I love The Walk of The Bad-ass he's doing, there. I dunno.

I won't love him like I love Ten, I sincerely doubt it.

But he's The Doctor. I trust him.
 
Last edited:
personally my fav is Nine... but I adore the character of the Doctor overall

which is why I'm hoping Mr. Eleven there doesn't screw it up somehow
 
personally my fav is Nine... but I adore the character of the Doctor overall

which is why I'm hoping Mr. Eleven there doesn't screw it up somehow

I love Nine, too. And you can take credit for finally converting me from "enjoy" to "love," there. XD

You pointed out his goofy grin and I was like... "huh."

So, fair play to you.

Even if Smith is awful, which he won't be, he's got Moffat writing him. Can do no wrong, yeah?
 
Even if Smith is awful, which he won't be, he's got Moffat writing him. Can do no wrong, yeah?

... I almost started ranting about Ella Enchanted there and my need to hunt down all involved with the movie and torture them with said movie with forced watching for days on end until they beg for mercy BUT I'll refrain.

long story short .. I've seen perfectly awesome things completely fucked over and my faith is tenuous at best
 
... I almost started ranting about Ella Enchanted there and my need to hunt down all involved with the movie and torture them with said movie with forced watching for days on end until they beg for mercy BUT I'll refrain.

long story short .. I've seen perfectly awesome things completely fucked over and my faith is tenuous at best

...

That's fair. That's totally fair.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about "X-Men 3" and the "Wolverine" movie.

So.

We will wait and we will see and we will rejoice at victory and we will share hemlock tea should our fair Doctor not receive his fair shrift.
 
well my computer is back in the land of the unliving... not alive yet. but at least it's up enough i can write.

and i'm off for work veryvery shorty so i shan't be able to see any reviews on my crappy writing until i get home.

also, there is a cat on vulcan. kinda like a tiger. i'd like to select that..

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Le-matya

if i have an animal spirit that is.

the sehlat is like a giant bear... and she's not bulky enough for a bear.

but a cat.. lithe..sensual..and deadly..


:rolleyes:
 
I do believe that Jack might be a serpent. A large snake of some sort. Not sure the variety yet.
 
well my computer is back in the land of the unliving... not alive yet. but at least it's up enough i can write.

and i'm off for work veryvery shorty so i shan't be able to see any reviews on my crappy writing until i get home.

also, there is a cat on vulcan. kinda like a tiger. i'd like to select that..

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Le-matya

if i have an animal spirit that is.

the sehlat is like a giant bear... and she's not bulky enough for a bear.

but a cat.. lithe..sensual..and deadly..


:rolleyes:

S'funny, I got my brain-wires crossed, because I totally thought the sehlat was a cat. So, yeah, Le-matya, I approve.

(It looks like a Vulcan version of Battle-Cat from "He-Man!" That's awesome!)

And, yeah, I dig the serpent thingy for Jack. "Cut off the tail, the snake still can bite."

"Redwall" references abound, now I'm thinking about Asmodeus...
 
Being mindful of Uumie's workload and her need to catch up, Var, I think we should hold off on any further exchange between T'Pol and The Doctor until she gets a chance to do that.

Also, Var, if you really thought your writing was crappy, would you have posted it? :cool:
 
Being mindful of Uumie's workload and her need to catch up, Var, I think we should hold off on any further exchange between T'Pol and The Doctor until she gets a chance to do that.

Also, Var, if you really thought your writing was crappy, would you have posted it? :cool:


see.. i did offend... the Doc is mad at T'Pol.. and I'm not allowed to post..
 
and ye i post crappy stuff. often. just to prove my stuff is crappy.
 
see.. i did offend... the Doc is mad at T'Pol.. and I'm not allowed to post..

:: chuckles :: Look, no worries.

T'Pol has, unfortunately, tried to kill The Doctor while he was trying to save her, has done a very interesting little dance on his pelvis, which would put anyone on their back foot, and then she-- through no fault of her own, mind you --has successfully dredged up some seriously loaded memories.

The Doc is a good guy, but in no sense is he a one-sided coin, and in no way is his goodwill without limits. Life with Ten is never a bed of roses.

(Besides, he's freaking about Donna, give him a break!)

So, not-to-fret, I was just writing the character, and I'm sure once they get the handshaking process over with they'll get along fine.

With regards to not posting, I know UM's already working on her reply, and I don't want to get so far ahead of her that she has to completely rewrite the thing, it's just courtesy.

You are not in trouble.
 
and ye i post crappy stuff. often. just to prove my stuff is crappy.

If I thought your stuff was crappy, I never would have invited you along.

That having been said, there's no harm in taking a little extra time on something if you think it needs more work, we're in no hurry. Don't post just for the sake of posting, if you need time to fine-hone something, say something in the OOC, and we'll gladly hold up for you.

But if you think it's good enough to post, post it!

You should be happy with your work.
 
i'm never.. happy.. with my work. Never ever. I'm just satisfied. It's like making food. It's aint chataue briand with a duck wine glaze.. it's just a burger and fries.

wish i could write better. Like chas writes.. that would be awesomeness. But, i'm just burger and fries..
 
i'm never.. happy.. with my work. Never ever. I'm just satisfied. It's like making food. It's aint chataue briand with a duck wine glaze.. it's just a burger and fries.

wish i could write better. Like chas writes.. that would be awesomeness. But, i'm just burger and fries..

I'll have you know that burgers and fries can be a work of art.

See also: Red Robin, for the burgers, and Boise Fry Company for the fries.

To be honest, I'm always going back and editing my posts. I'm never satisfied either. But that doesn't mean you can't be proud of the stuff you do create. And it doesn't mean you shouldn't be proud of the stuff you do create.

No-one says this stuff has to be perfect. Least of all me.

But there's a difference between "this sucks but it's better than silence" and "that's okay for now!" There's a point where you can like your stuff even if you can see areas for improvement.

I'm hardly the benchmark for exquisite storytelling. Just you do your thing your way, that's why I asked you along. But it kills me to think that you're unhappy with the words you're smithing.
 
i think i'm just having a bad day.. i'm off taday.. and home alone..

it hurts

iy hurts so fucking much and it won't satop it just won't stop hurting.
 
Back
Top