The First Stone OOC

Room for any more? If so, I was thinking about an assassin... I'll put together a backstory. Alternatively, if you have a suggestion for a character that fits to the story line let me know and I'll submit something.
 
Room for any more? If so, I was thinking about an assassin... I'll put together a backstory. Alternatively, if you have a suggestion for a character that fits to the story line let me know and I'll submit something.

Yep, still plenty of room!
 
If I can join I would like to play a healer/cleric? Or is that too magic for the world? If so, a more healer (herbs and natural remedies) who uses a crossbow and a nasty bludgeoning weapon... I'm thinking flail or morning star.

I will work up a character JUST in case. :)

Thank You,
-emi
 
Would there be "plenty of room" for a rough-and-tumble female dwarf?

Sure, hop on in!

If I can join I would like to play a healer/cleric? Or is that too magic for the world? If so, a more healer (herbs and natural remedies) who uses a crossbow and a nasty bludgeoning weapon... I'm thinking flail or morning star.

I will work up a character JUST in case. :)

Thank You,
-emi

Absolutely no magic allowed, as stated in the OOC information.
 
My concept is for an assassin who reinvents himself after every kill - new name, new demeanor, new voice. He decides his own marks, and looks for men or women in power who are either tyrannical, ineffectual, or otherwise contribute to the problems of the people they are meant to rule. He has done this three times, and is currently in his next persona and trying to determine who he will target next. Post to come within a day.
 
Got you on the no magic, does this mean herbs and poultices etc are allowed? (Willow bark tea, and such. I can research a lot of herbs and their historical properties no problems.)

-emi
 
Name: Medica Olivia 'Livy' DeSantos

player: emipet

Age: 28 birthday: 2nd Harvest new moon during the reign of Philemon the Fat, son
of Shemyona IV

Kingdom of Origin: Montaje de Castillo

Looks: http://www.free-press-release.com/uploads/news/2009/10/22/1256246775_img1.jpg

Ht: 5ft 4in
wt: 124pds
Appearance: Long black hair, olive skin, a calm demeanor but has an expressive face.


Biographic Details: Olivia was born in the farming village of Rey de Puerto to an
honest and poor farm family. She was sold to the church and grew up studying healing and
history. (Women were not part of the religious hierarchy.)

By 22 she had learned a lot of healing skills and remedies and was noticed by the Royal Army
when she was giving effecacious poultices during a Spotted Fever outbreak. The local
garrison commander issued orders for her to join the Royal Army's nascent Medical Corps.

She served ably for 5 years then was given a small pension and started a practice in several
villages that were near the northern border. She'd travel with a small cart and pony with
her small facilities and remedy making equipments healing the sick and injured, all under
the auspices of The King.

She started this adventure because one of the villages she practiced in was eradicated and
she is wanting to see justice done for the poor villagers.

equipment: A light crossbow, 2 bolt cases (strapped to her thighs off low hanging
twin belts a la gunslinger style.), a military flail, leather vest with various pockets for
remedy packets and powders, light padded armor. She usually dresses in trousers and a shirt but has a nice dress for important social functions.

Cart, pony, remedy making lab equipments (flasks, retorts, mortar and pestles and wooded and stone work tops as well as various papers, inks and quills for writing.

Skills of Note: healing, remedy making, first aid, hunting, cooking, herb and plant
identification, pretty good with a crossbow, having won a few shooting contests.
 
Please disregard my request to join your RP. It looks awesome and I would love to have participated but I just got news that I got a job! :D

I don't want to commit to your thread only to back out if my schedule gets overloaded.

Thanks for the opportunity!
 
My concept is for an assassin who reinvents himself after every kill - new name, new demeanor, new voice. He decides his own marks, and looks for men or women in power who are either tyrannical, ineffectual, or otherwise contribute to the problems of the people they are meant to rule. He has done this three times, and is currently in his next persona and trying to determine who he will target next. Post to come within a day.

How does a "bad" character fit in with this group of heroes? I'm aiming this RP to be about "good guys" saving the world, so I think if your character was a "bad guy", he wouldn't really fit in much. :)

Please disregard my request to join your RP. It looks awesome and I would love to have participated but I just got news that I got a job! :D

I don't want to commit to your thread only to back out if my schedule gets overloaded.

Thanks for the opportunity!

No problem! Congratulations!

Got you on the no magic, does this mean herbs and poultices etc are allowed? (Willow bark tea, and such. I can research a lot of herbs and their historical properties no problems.)

-emi

Yep, that's totally fine.
 
Last edited:
interesting

& several members are people I know I write with well.

Got an idea but I have to figure a way to peel the magic off the character

(I'm going to port my Pathfinder Alchemist over from my home game. Gonna take a little work)
 
How does a "bad" character fit in with this group of heroes? I'm aiming this RP to be about "good guys" saving the world, so I think if your character was a "bad guy", he wouldn't really fit in much. :)

I was looking at it more from exploring the line of what a hero is - does a hero always necessarily work within the law? Can performing a crime such as murder for the greater good classify as a heroic act, or a heinous act, or both? Is the difference in attitude or the desire to atone afterwards?

But I get your point - it probably would provide some internal conflict within the party. I'll put my head towards another suggestion.
 
Victor Almain

Here is what has been mentioned about Victor so far:

Name: Victor Almain
Age: 25
Occupation: Minor (landless) noble
Description: Shoulder length hair, prone to wearing ostentatious regalia adorned with his house symbol
Family: Brian Almain, brother, Lord of lands relatively close to Drumgard (presumed to be a bannerman of the king); Sarah, bastard daughter, whose mother is a handmaiden to Lady Rhea of Almsford
Training: Years of formal, costly training in diplomacy, business, riding and martial training
Summary: Victor is very well trained and very well equipped. He is lacking in real combat experience but has experience in negotiations and in leading small groups of men.
 
Last edited:
The party is about to head out, so introducing new people might be difficult from here on out. If you're wanting to join the group, do so now before we get too far into the adventure. :)
 
Background Information: King Jordan the Noble

making_14.jpg


King Jordan the Noble, High Lord of Drumgard, Commander of Nightwatch.

King Jordan was born to King Pslomydes III and Queen Isoud the Fair. He was the eldest son of three healthy babes, also born was Princess Maronne and Prince Parsifal.

King Pslomydes passed away when Jordan just a boy, rumored to have been slain in an ambush by Talon Morholt, when he was traveling for diplomatic purposes between Helsfut and Drumgard. Queen Isoud ruled for her son until he came of age, then passed the crown to him.

He is known for his fairness, compassion and skill with the sword. Although some might call him reckless for going into battle with his Nightwatchmen, he was trained in the same schools as Captain Vincent and Oban Greysteel, and his prowess comes from the desire to avenge his father's death, and be skillful enough to defend if such an attempt was made on his own life.

King Jordan and the Nightwatch played a major role in The Battle Of The Kingslayer.
 
Last edited:
Background Information: Captain Vincent

Common-is-Hell-on-Wheels1.jpg


Captain Vincent Leavold, General of the Nightwatch of Drumgard.

Vincent was the middle child of five, born in White Creek, Ehdan, to Albin and Mitri Leavold. Albin was a Nightwatch soldier, and was absent much of his childhood. Their neighbors, the Greysteel family, had close friendship ties to the Leavolds. Oban and Vincent were the same age, and Oban's father acted as a Foster father to Vincent while Albin was away.

When Vincent came of age, he decided to follow his father's footsteps and joined Nightwatch. He trained at Helsfut's Sabre Academy , Drumgard's School of the Black, and Ehdan's School of Archery and Ranger-Arts.

His skill with the sword, natural charisma and tendency towards leadership, and impressive resume at Drumgard's School of the Black made him a natural choice for General of Nighwatch. King Jordan himself chose him for the position.

Captain Vincent played a critical role in the Battle of the Kingslayer.
 
Last edited:
Can everyone who is still actively posting in this thread check in please?

I notice that we seem to have lost some folks. I want to see who is still playing so we can adjust the party accordingly.
 
I wanna play!

Your posting history and name doesn't really make it seem like you're interested in an action-adventure RP. No offense meant, I'm just leery due to the evidence that you're only looking for sex.

Please send me an example of your RP via PM and I'll see if you're up to our standards.
 
Sorry I haven't posted before now, having some modem issues and the usual chaos of the kids. I did post though, finally! :D

I think Livy is getting a bit brave. (Or too big for her britches!)
 
Back
Top