I love older men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor dear :(

It's summertime here ... not gloating as the situation will be reversed soon enough.

:rose:

No it won't, we don't get summer anymore, the last 3 years have gone spring, rain, autumn.....the summer bit seems to be ommitted totally!

M*A*S*H talk? I thought once they got rid of Frank, the show improved in several ways. Margaret became more human and less shrill. I also liked Charles because he occasionally got one over on the others.

Apparently Mr. Burghoff could be a bit of a pill and there were several not sorry to see him leave. Mike Farrell has said he tried to talk him out of leaving because he would never get a part that good again. He was right.

I am watching Alan Alda run for president right now as I am on the final season of "The West Wing". I am not at all surprised how well they hold up.

BrettJ in Canada

M*A*S*H talk? I thought once they got rid of Frank, the show improved in several ways. Margaret became more human and less shrill. I also liked Charles because he occasionally got one over on the others.

Apparently Mr. Burghoff could be a bit of a pill and there were several not sorry to see him leave. Mike Farrell has said he tried to talk him out of leaving because he would never get a part that good again. He was right.

I am watching Alan Alda run for president right now as I am on the final season of "The West Wing". I am not at all surprised how well they hold up.

BrettJ in Canada

LOL. Yep MASH talk.

I just never warmed up to Margaret.

I have always enjoyed Alan Alda; he is very talented. I to liked his West Wing character.

Arnold Vinnick. I would have found it tough to choose between him and Smits and liked what the writers of "West Wing" chose to do with him and Matt Santos, although part of that was due to lack of choice (for those who didn't follow the show, one of the actors died and many last-minute changes had to be made)

Loretta Swit's career more or less ended after the show. She did a few things, but nothing in several years. I wonder if she felt herself typecast.

I found myself getting a bit sick of Alda towards the end. Too many weeks were the "Hawkeye Pierce Show". I know he became the star, but I found episodes where he was more part of the ensemble far more enjoyable.

BrettJ in Canada

Arnold Vinnick. I would have found it tough to choose between him and Smits and liked what the writers of "West Wing" chose to do with him and Matt Santos, although part of that was due to lack of choice (for those who didn't follow the show, one of the actors died and many last-minute changes had to be made)

Loretta Swit's career more or less ended after the show. She did a few things, but nothing in several years. I wonder if she felt herself typecast.

I found myself getting a bit sick of Alda towards the end. Too many weeks were the "Hawkeye Pierce Show". I know he became the star, but I found episodes where he was more part of the ensemble far more enjoyable.

BrettJ in Canada

You are absolutely right about the last episodes!

I should also point out I watched all these shows on original airings as well as since.

BrettJ in Canada

I loved Henry as the commanding officer, I cried my eyes out when they wrote him out.
There were rumours that Trapper left when the writers made Hawkeye the lead character, but the storylines became grittier when BJ arrived so something worked!
I agree re Lorretta Swit, initially the character was one dimensional and rather annoying.
You gotta admire Klinger's style ;)

I loved Henry as the commanding officer, I cried my eyes out when they wrote him out.
There were rumours that Trapper left when the writers made Hawkeye the lead character, but the storylines became grittier when BJ arrived so something worked!
I agree re Lorretta Swit, initially the character was one dimensional and rather annoying.
You gotta admire Klinger's style ;)
Trapper left because he thoght his role would/should be bigger. Bt even in the original movie, Hawkeye was main character.

Trapper left because he thoght his role would/should be bigger. Bt even in the original movie, Hawkeye was main character.

Too funny the old guys, counting myself, have turned this into a MASH fetish.

Love how these things evolve...or is that "horse puckeys"?

Will sit quietly and wait for grown ups to finish talking...since have no idea of the conversation

Can I have a colouring book please? ;)

McLean Stevenson asked (like Gary Burghoff) to be written out in a way that he could not return. They did not tell the cast until a few minutes before they shot the scene where Radar tells everyone that Colonel Blake's chopper has been shot down over the Sea of Japan. The tears in that scene were real.

Stevenson's career floundered and never recovered. Aside from a few stints guest-hosting for Carson and two flop TV series, he never did much again.

Talking about TV shows we loved as a kid or young adult is fun. Get the 30-somethings talking about "Saved By the Bell" and you will see what I mean.

BrettJ in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back