Pre-civil war Plantation scene

mnwild2001

Virgin
we are looking for people to co-write and erotic story about a pre civil war plantation
if you are interested email us

thanks and take care
John and mary

[Email violation removed per forum rules.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't ask for emails. Give all the details here. It will maximize the number of people working on your story and the number of possible stories you will get. Not only that but a lot of authors won't even bother to PM you because they know these rules.

If you're going to have a story about pre-Civil war south, learn the correct term: Antebellum, means "existing before war"

I like how they say thanks for the info, and then add zero information.

Exactly.

Same with when they say, "I'm new here" as if that makes their ignorance okay. Eight out of his nine posts had an E-mail violation in them.

If you're going to have a story about pre-Civil war south, learn the correct term: Antebellum, means "existing before war"

To be fair, if it takes place before the Civil War, neither term will be used, and it's not like their term isn't correct, it's just not the most common term.

To be fair, if it takes place before the Civil War, neither term will be used, and it's not like their term isn't correct, it's just not the most common term.

*smh*

Pre-Civil War south is called "Antebellum South"

Actually no, the south use the term south, or if the guy was trying to court a gal he was a gentile man of gentle persuasions to her friends. Do please not argue over something unless you actually know it. :rolleyes:

Pre civil war is an accurate term to us, then they didn't know it was coming and when they did it was simply a coming war. Most of the terms bandied about now, are from now about then, they were not known about then.

Hell if anything is even mentioned of the civil war coming it's 'that nonsense brought on by those north buffoons that need us just like this and are too dumb to know it so we likely will have a short little war'.

Both sides were quite sure in the rightness of their side and their short win. Nobody thought it would take that long and cost that many men.

Dangit, I forgot to mention one thing. At the time gentile was a term used on all men who are not boorish, overbearing, or happen to be drunk at the time. Unless he happens to be a nice drunk then he is a gentile drunk. This term was in wide use on the east coast and even to the Mississippi river. Past that it was always other terms but cities were actually rather rare except for one or two.

Gentile southern men was not a term that was looked at until later on where there are romantic novels written about there, usually by a southerner. This is after 'a real gentleman' was the wording of choice for men.

Last edited:
Actually, I was pointing out the term is still correct. And indeed, it's more accurate, since antebellum can refer to any war. It just happens to often refer to the US Civil War in the USA. But don't shake your head and act like there's one and only one way to refer to any given time period.

And because no debate on word usage is complete without the Oxford English Dictionary weighing in...

antebellum

Previous to the war, i.e. spec. the American civil war (1861–5), the S. African war (1899– 1902), or either of the wars of 1914–18 and 1939–45.

1862 M. B. Chesnut Diary from Dixie 14 June (1905) 188 Her face was as placid and unmoved as in antebellum days.
1879 A. W. Tourgée Fool's Errand xv. 82 Evidently thinking that his connection with this ante bellum barbarity had somehow increased his importance.
1882 Rep. Ho. Repr. Prec. Met. U.S. 306 One of the productive mines of antebellum days.
1905 Westm. Gaz. 4 Jan. 1/3 The ante-bellum negotiations.
1924 Contemp. Rev. Apr. 438 Deaths of infants from overlaying..were also only one-third of the ante-bellum number.
1955 Times 28 May 7/5 In the particular case of our basic raw material, paper, the ante-bellum price for certain grades has actually trebled itself.

So yeah, antebellum isn't strictly pre-US Civil War.

And because no debate on word usage is complete without the Oxford English Dictionary weighing in...

antebellum

Previous to the war, i.e. spec. the American civil war (1861–5), the S. African war (1899– 1902), or either of the wars of 1914–18 and 1939–45.

1862 M. B. Chesnut Diary from Dixie 14 June (1905) 188 Her face was as placid and unmoved as in antebellum days.
1879 A. W. Tourgée Fool's Errand xv. 82 Evidently thinking that his connection with this ante bellum barbarity had somehow increased his importance.
1882 Rep. Ho. Repr. Prec. Met. U.S. 306 One of the productive mines of antebellum days.
1905 Westm. Gaz. 4 Jan. 1/3 The ante-bellum negotiations.
1924 Contemp. Rev. Apr. 438 Deaths of infants from overlaying..were also only one-third of the ante-bellum number.
1955 Times 28 May 7/5 In the particular case of our basic raw material, paper, the ante-bellum price for certain grades has actually trebled itself.

So yeah, antebellum isn't strictly pre-US Civil War.

In American literary terms, the period BEFORE the American Civil War is called Antebellum. It also applies to the remaining plantation homes and houses built in the period between 1840 and 1860.

Okay everybody, lets put away our enormous cocks. Apparently nobody remembered a tape measure so we'll never know who's is the biggest. Perhaps we can work on the story?

Okay everybody, lets put away our enormous cocks. Apparently nobody remembered a tape measure so we'll never know who's is the biggest. Perhaps we can work on the story?

I don't think we should, since he's only had 9 posts, and as DP stated, many of them have violations. Seems to me he wants someone to write him a story.

If we were primarily thrashing the OP and not each other I'd be inclined to agree with you RJ. But he's mostly silent while the rest of us are complaining about the proper terminology of long dead people.

If we were primarily thrashing the OP and not each other I'd be inclined to agree with you RJ. But he's mostly silent while the rest of us are complaining about the proper terminology of long dead people.

I believe he's just a story thief, looking for someone to write him the story so he could use it later, under another pen name, on Lit proper, or on another writing board.

I believe he's just a story thief, looking for someone to write him the story so he could use it later, under another pen name, on Lit proper, or on another writing board.

Sounds about right. Anytime someone wants to "co-write a story," I just assume they're too lazy to do work, but like credit.

Back