The Gambler's Ruin - (Closed)

"If you liked what we did, then, darlin, you're gonna love what I've yet to show you." Martin said, matching her hushed tone. "But, of course, Kate, the moment you feel uncomfortable, I trust you'll let me know, and I will stop. I promise you that." They entered the living room and Martin went about starting a fire in the fireplace. "Should we call Millie and Derry out of hiding and all share some mulled cider before bed?" Martin asked as he lit the dry wood he'd piled in the fire place, the flame growing quickly, crackling and sparking with life and heat.
 
Kate nodded, feeling the flutter of nerves tickle her stomach as she gazed up at Martin. He was so understanding and she believed he wouldn't harm her...at least not intentionally. Still thoughts of the past kept creeping in and she focused on shoving them back.

She watched him build up the fire and hugged herself, clearing her throat to call out for the others. Millie was the first to dash in, smiling at them and throwing her arms around Kate. They shared a laugh as she spun off and hugged Martin and then plopped herself down onto the sofa. “I think someone had a fun night, tonight...” Kate said, grinning as she slowly sank down onto the sofa as well.

Millie touched her tear stained cheek and gave her a slight worried look, but Kate only flushed and shook her head, leaning in close to whisper. “It's alright.”
 
Martin steadied himself against the brick work of the fireplace as Millie hugged him, chuckling. "Yes, it certainly looked like someone did." Martin said, giving Kate a knowing look and a slight grin before focusing on Millie. "We aught to invite Young Ryder over more often, don't you think?" Martin asked her as she just sunk deeper into the couch, blushing.

Martin chuckled again and looked into the fire. "Millie here knows how to make some really good spiced cider, maybe if we ask her nice, she'll make some for us all?" Martin asked, glancing back at her as she seemed to consider it for a time. He chuckled as he got to his feet and went over to a small sack he'd stashed away earlier, while no one else was around. Millie looked at him expectantly for a second before going back to her pondering just as he turned around with a small package.

"Is there nothing I can say or do to persuade you, m'lady?" He asked casually as he revealed that the package was a small box of chocolates. He pretended to sniff them and sighed. "Some gift, something sweet?" He asked teasingly. She stroked her chin, pretending to consider his bargain and gave kate a quick glance and then extended her hands to accept his tribute with a stately nodd.

She grinned from ear to ear as he handed her the gift of sweats to her and she sat them in her lap, admiring them at length before chosing one to daintily nibble at. She looked back at Kate with a grin from ear to ear and offered her a pick as Martin pulled out a jug of fresh cider from his bag. Millie took another bite of chocolate before plopping the fancy box of treats in Kates lap and dasing off into the kitchen to secretly make her blend of spices and get a hanging pot for the fire.

Martin shook his head and smiled, comming to sit beside Kate, putting his arm around her. Derry walked in and studdied them for a moment before going across from them and sitting in the rocking chair by the fire. "Its about time..." He muttered under his breath as he passed them. "So, Millie's going to work her magic with the Cider tonight?" He asked, smacking his lips and patting his belly. "Won't Young Ryder be pleased the night he gets a cup of that." He asked with a smile. Millie could be heard, faintly, making a disapproving groan from the kitchen. "Better be careful, old oak, she might turn you into a toad for saying that." Martin warned with a laugh.
 
Kate felt herself relaxing all the more. It felt so good to be around people who cared about her. Who accepted her despite her past and now were treating her like she was part of their family. They teased and jabbed at each other, but she felt their love. Warm and all encompassing and it took away her chill and made her feel alive again.

Nibbling on her own piece of chocolate, she alternated between listening to the men talk and watching Millie who seemed so at ease in the kitchen...almost as much as she was in the woods. She wanted to talk to Martin about her experience, but had made promise to keep it all a secret and so she would.

“I think Young Ryder would be happy with a glass of water as long as Millie was near.” She giggled and Millie turned to give her a little playful glare. Kate smiled innocently and bated her eyes and Millie 's glare turned into a knowing smile as she looked over at Martin and made a kissy face and bated her eyes.

Kate promptly turned read and looked away, making Derry chuckled. “She got your there, Kate!”
 
Martin only smiled and rubbed Kates shoulder with practiced ease at Derry's jibe. "We aught to find you a woman, Derry. The widow McCoulaugh has been sneaking stray looks at you after all." He suggested and they watched as the old man nearly choked on his freshly lit pipe. "I don't rightly THINK so... My time of woowing is long since over." He stammered with a bit of bluster and blush.
 
Kate burst into giggles and grinned, “I don't know about that now, Derry. You're still a handsome strong man. Isn't he Martin?” She teased in return and watched Martin grin and nod slightly. Millie giggled in the kitchen as Derry groaned.

“Well thank you Kate. Coming from a pretty lady such as yourself, I will take that as a compliment. Perhaps I have a few years left in me, but however, I like to leave all the thrills to the young ones now.”

Millie soon came in with hot apple cider for them all and Kate helped her pass the mugs out to everyone, then sat back down, this time with Martin right beside her. She smiled softly and let him sling an arm around her as she snuggled a little closer.

“So what is on the schedule for tomorrow?” Kate asked, trying to steer the conversation now to things not involving couples.
 
"Well, now that Derry's made them, I've gotta go put them on the stallion that threw his old one. And there's a pregnant mare what's due any day now that needs to be kept an eye on. But other than that, its feeding, brushing and training like usual." Martin answered, taking a sip of his cider. "Mmm, excellent job on the cider Millie." He said lifting his mug toward her appreciatively. "Maybe someday she'll share her secret with you, Kate." Martin leaned in and said quietly as Millie curled up with a somewhat smug look on her face.
 
Kate tasted the cider and sighed. “Oh it's wonderful.” She complimented Millie and smiled. “Maybe one day. For now I suppose I can just bribe you with chocolate.”

The girls exchanged smiles and laughed softly. Kate was looking forward to starting their dresses and showing Millie how to sew one to her specifications. She'd seen a picture in the book she had shared with Kate that sprang to mind and thought it would look perfect on Millie. The green material she had purchased would certainly make her look like a beautiful wood nymph and Kate hoped she could make her that one as a gift.

Quiet comfort filled the room and Kate drank her cider, sinking further against Martin without realizing it. The cider warmed her belly and made her feel sleepy after her long and emotionally filled day.
 
It wasn't long after they'd drank Millie's cider that Derry got up and stretched, saying. "Come along now, Little Milliepede, it looks like you're starting to dose off and aught to off to bed." He yawned. "Come to think of it, my old bones are ready to rest as well. Young Martin, Miss Kate." He said with a nod and a smile as Millie sniffed, and rubbed her nose, indeed looking a little drowsy.

She nodded and took Derry's hand as he helped her to her feet and sent her to bed before heading to his own room. Martin nodded back and ran his hand up and down along Kate's back. "How you doing, Kate? You look a little sleepy yourself." He said to her as he turned and looked into the fire.
 
Kate said goodnight to the two as they left and then sighed softly, gazing at the fire with Martin. "I am a little tired, yes...crying wears a woman down." She said and wrinkled her nose in distaste.

He flashed her a grin and chuckled. "Are you ready to go upstairs?" She asked him softly, looking at his handsome profile as he returned his gaze to the fire. "Or...would you rather stay down here?"

It occurred to her that maybe he didn't feel comfortable going to his old room, but they both had to take steps to heal the past and move on.
 
"If it means I get to stay close to you and feel your warmth, darlin, I'd choose to go upstairs." Martin said after a moments thought, staring into the fire. He turned to look at her then and caressed her cheek as he admired her beauty. "Do you still want to share your bed?" He asked softly, searching her pretty blue eyes.
 
Kate bit her bottom lip, her eyes big and bright as they stared up at him. “Yes.” She whispered softly, still not quite believing her own ears or her own feelings. Together they stood and Kate held his hand. He motioned for her to take the lead, so she did, keeping a firm grasp on his hand as they walked up the stairway to her room. Her heart was pounding madly in her chest by the time they reached her room...his room.

The room seemed almost imposing now as she worried that she was making th right choice...but so far he hadn't steered her wrong. He hadn't harmed her, only saved her and he cared about her. She could see it in his gaze.

The bolts of fabric that had been unloaded earlier lay in a neat pile in the corner waiting for her hands to create. But other than that, everything was as it was. “I'm going to change and wash up.” She murmured and forced her fingers to let go as she quickly vanished behind the screen. Behind it, she was surprised to see a nightgown hanging. It didn't look anything like the ones that Maerrid had in the closet, delicately made with pretty lace and an almost sheer material. Had this come from town? Her face flamed at the thought of that kind older lady making her something so intimate.

Shedding her clothing, she washed her face and hands and did a quick swipe at all the important parts, wanting to be fresh and clean. She eyed the nightgown a little longer and then took a deep breath and slipped it on, unwinding her hair and brushing it out as she stepped out from behind the screen.
 
Martin sat in a chair beside the bed, undoing his shirt and removing his boots. He unbuckled his belt but didn't remove his pants. There was some luke warm water and some soap on the table next to him, so he took to washing his feet a little. He was drying them off with a towel as Kate slipped out from behind the changing screen, letting her hair down.

He looked up at her from her feet to her face, a growing smile filling his lips as he took the sight of her all in. "May I brush your hair?" He asked, setting aside the towel he'd been drying his feet with. Rising from his seat, he came to her and took the brush from her as he circled around behind her. He drew it through her long hair with careful ease.
 
She felt a little self conscious ass his eyes took her in...from her pretty little feet all the way up to her face. She was a little surprised when he stood and asked to brush her hair, but found no reason to stop him.

Kate let him take the brush from her and stood still, crossing her arms as he gently tugged the brush through her hair. He did everything with ease and gentleness, making her shiver as the bristles massaged her scalp. She couldn't remember the last time someone had brushed it. “Thank you.” She murmured softly.

She felt his fingers sift through the soft strands, gently brushed up against the back of her neck as he lifted it and ran the brush under. Goose bumps spread down her arms and her nipples tightened instantly. Closing her eyes, she dropped her head a little and let out a soft little sigh of contentment.
 
"Oh, this is as much a pleasure for me as it is for you Kate. The feel of a woman's silky hair through my fingers is a mighty powerful thing... At least to me it is." Martin explained with desire in his voice. "But is it what it does to me, or what it does to you that makes it such a joy?" He pondered in a soft voice, drawing closer to her, the heat of his body warming her.

His brushing slowed as the warmth of his breath grew closer and closer until he was kissing her bare shoulder. He encircled her with his arms, one drawing around her under her breasts, the other, holding the brush gently caressing her stomach. As his kiss drifted slowly from her shoulder up to her slender neck the bristles of the brush in his hand ran lightly along the sheer fabric of her night gown.
 
Kate gasped in delight as his mouth made contact with her slender neck and shoulder. Her body trembled, but out of growing desire as she stood pressed against him. Her knees felt weak as her pulse skittered uncontrollably. Everywhere he touched her, it felt...right. There was no loathing, no real fear, just a little curiosity and nerves of the unknowing.

"Either way...whatever works." She breathed, letting out another gasp as the bristles of the brush slid lower. It felt strangely good...sort of rough and yet silky at the same time as he made feathery strokes with the brush over her belly and one hip.

A shiver raced down her spine and she sagged back, pressing her thighs together and locking her knees in hopes of not falling. With her supple body pressed up against his, she felt his growing desire through his pants, bump up against her back and swallowed, her fingers grasping the arm that held her up for support.
 
Feeling Kate supporting herself with his arm Martin laughed softly against her neck as he guided her to the bed and let her sink down upon it. He pondered the brush in his hand for a moment and got a sly grin on his lips as he sunk to one knee before her and slid a hand between her knees, parting her legs gently as he ran the bristles lightly inward along her inner thigh. He looked deeply into her eyes as he teased her soft, smooth skin with another light drag of the brush. "How does that feel?" He asked, arching an eyebrow.
 
Kate felt shivered and gasped, grasping the edge of her gown as he exposed her legs and then ran the brush along her inner thigh and pressing it so that it covered the junction between her legs. Her body jerked as he toyed with the brush against her skin and made her giggle. “It tickles!” She squirmed and laughed, trying to grasp his wrist with one free hand. “Martin!”

His laughter filled the room as her cheeks turned a soft rose color, her own eyes sparkling. On one knee he was a little shorter than herself as she sat perched up on the bed. Leaning forward, she grasped his face and kissed him softly, her hair falling over her shoulders and front, framing the sides of her face.
 
Martin kissed her back, folding his lips over hers empassioned by her boldness. He rose from his knee and drew up beside her on the bed, laying her back. She hung sweetly from his lips as he cupped the nape of her with one gentle hand and ran his other along her inner thigh, the roughness of his palm soothing the ticklishness of the brush.

He deepened their kiss, offering her the heat of his breath, which was spiced with the remnants of the cider they'd drank as his hand drifted upward along her inner thigh, finding the crux of her femininity and caressing her firmly with his eagerly searching finger tips. He groaned from the heat he felt there and massaged his finger tips in a slow, sensual circle.
 
Kate was in heaven, melting all over as he kissed her back eagerly, sharing her breath, their tongues gliding against one another. She thread her fingers through his hair, forgetting to protect the junction between her legs. When his fingers touched her there, she gasped into his mouth and stiffened, then moaned, her eyes popping open.

Breaking off the kiss, she let out a soft mewling sound, pleasure making her ache fiercely. She wasn't sure if it was normal or not, but didn't fight him when her night gown bunched around her hips, leaving her bare and exposed. Her fingers slipped down, digging into his shoulders, her back arching slightly as her hips wiggled.
 
Martin touched and teased her in a way she'd never been before, taking his time and langourous kissing and nibbling all along her neck and shoulder as he slipped his fingers under the hem of her bloomers, through the silken thatch of pubic hair and down along the warm, damp lips of her sex, directly massaging her with slow, tender strokes.

He drew his lips reluctantly free of her neck and looked into her face as she arched her back and wriggled under his touch, drawing her nails lightly along his shoulders. "Look at me, Kate." He whispered, his eyes alight with aching tenderness, expressing things too potent for words. As they gazed into each others eyes Martin somehow mannaged to resist the urge to ravish her, though it was sore obvious from the look upon his face that he dearly wanted to.

He drew atop her as though he were about to, but got another one of those mischevious grins of his and instead of rising up to come into her, he slowly melted down, caressing her breast and nuzzling at it with a kiss and a playful nip of his teeth. He sunk still further, picking up where he had left off out in the yard, kissing the small of her belly, stealing the moment to slowly undo Kate's bloomers and draw them down past her knees.

He knelt at the edge of the bed again as he brought them off over one foot, then the other before setting them aside on the chair he'd been sitting in before. Looking back, he found Kate sitting up on her elbows, blushing and pretty as ever as she drew her knees together, uncertain of herself. Martin could only smile at her shy beauty as he gently eased her back and took her right foot in his hand, kissing the top lightly, giving her a seductive look of desire before parting his lips and brushing them up along her ankle to her knee.

At her knee, he placed her foot upon the bed, and turned his eyes upon the hot pink vee between her legs with a hungry sigh. Wetting his lips, he looked up at Kate as she covered her face in utter embarassment as she tried to close her legs. Martin held her knees apart firmly, but gently and whispered. "Kate, please, look at me?" He took on a look of burning desire, his eyes alight with that firebrand look of hunger. "May I drink of your chalice?" He asked, his voice as hot as glowing coals.
 
Kate trembled, both embarrassed and yet on fire. Her whole body burned with need...aching, tingling and between her thighs she felt wet. Never had she experienced any of this, confused and unsure, but Martin seemed to love every moment, his eyes now dark and full of longing for her. She felt both beautiful and yet shy. He couldn't possibly mean to go there, could he? And then he asked her...there she was, naked and exposed to his gaze, all a tremble.

“Is that...normal?” She asked softly, her breaths uneven and body flushed and lush.

He let out a short laugh, not meant to offend her. She jerked slightly as he caressed her soft inner thigh, turning his face to brush a kiss against it. He had promised to stop if he didn't like something. Biting her bottom lip she tried to keep her gaze on his as he continued to stare up at her, all mischief and longing.

Slowly she nodded, holding her breath as he slid up higher.
 
Martin's rough, warm hands parted Kate's legs wide as he slowly drew lingering kisses along her inner thigh. He leaned his face in toward the center of her slightly trembling and goose-fleshed legs and breathed a teasingly hot breath against her sex, so close to her most intimate of places that only his eyes crested the flatness of her belly as he stared up at her.

His hands curled up under her thighs and caressed her hips firmly before he closed the space between their... Lips, and he kissed her. Deeply, and more intimately than she'd ever dared dream a man could, all while loving her with his eyes. He eventually lost himself in the taste and sound and the feel of her pooling desire, his hands slipping up under her gown reaching up to fondle her breasts as he groaned and growled lustfully against her sex, like young pup enjoying a long awaited meal. He was careful, but hungry, so very hungry, and the more she writhed in pleasure, the more he wanted her.
 
Kate had never felt anything like it...it was sensual and sweet and oh so good that her body jerked and trembled as he fed on her. The first cry was sharp and full of surprised, followed by sensual soft moans and whimpers as she got used to the sensations he was creating. It was mind blowing...

Her body arched, her legs spreading without thought as her hips moved up to feet his hungry mouth while her small hands curled into the blankets and held on. “Oh Martin!” She gasped out, panting as her slender body writhed and quivered. Every flick of his tongue and draw on his mouth was making her wilder by the minute and the sweet pressure pulsed deep inside her, begging for release.
 
Even while Martin was lost to his passion, he still seemed to know just what to do to stoke Kate's body to further and further heights of pleasure as he drew his right hand free or her hip and carefully slid two fingers slowly into her molten depths. He reluctantly drew his mouth away from her sex as the tips of his fingers struck a place inside of her, sensitive and raw with sensation. He rose his head and looked down into Kate's eyes, his lips and chin damp from his hungry delvings. He smiled a little and drew his forearm across his chin before licking his lips.

"Do you trust me, darlin?" He asked, softly. "Cause this may get to feeling almost unbearable, but I wanna do something for you that..." He chuckled a little. "You ain't never felt before... You're going to have to trust me though." His fingers moved slowly inside of her as he pressed them more firmly against a place that made her nearly jump.
 
Back
Top