drawn image rejected - I feel rather good about it

D

DriftWood75

So yes a little bit of a weird thing to feel pleased about having an image rejected but I kind of like the reason.

The image is below, and it was rejected due to it being a photo manipulation....

Only....

This is a drawn image using sketchbook mobile! The only after care given was a filter pop on photolite express and a border added.

And I don't think its a great peice either but posted it anyway. Kind of feels good to be told one of your drawings is so life like it looks like a photograph :D

tumblr_n0bdm5lIob1sawn2wo1_400.jpg

EDIT: after leaving a little note and resubmitting the image has now been accepted. The system works!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I'd like to see some "Work in progress" shots before it was finished.

None available on this image but my next pic I will certainly take screen grabs and post it on the thread.

I don't really know many artists who do not do some digital enhancements of images for posting on website. OK, if you just want to use a camera and shoot a picture of a canvas, I guess you qualify under these rules. I am not saying that they should weaken criteria, I am just saying that they need to be more pragmatic if they want to encourage people to post.

I don't really know many artists who do not do some digital enhancements of images for posting on website. OK, if you just want to use a camera and shoot a picture of a canvas, I guess you qualify under these rules. I am not saying that they should weaken criteria, I am just saying that they need to be more pragmatic if they want to encourage people to post.

Its more to do with copyright and getting themselves sued because someone decided to use a picture off of playboys website and added a filter (emboss seems a fun one with some of the posters I have seen in this forum) claim they have 'painted it' If that gets posted then playboy can sue for copyright infringement if they feel like that want to.

There are photographs on the erotic images what they had to do to get them posted there who knows.

But mine is certainly drawn albeit digitally then enhanced through filters simply because I downloaded the app and wanted to mess about.

So here is a little something, something that I am working on.

I have done some screen grabs to show the progression so far.

1.this is the main bulk outline, no real detail just an idea of where I want everything to go
tumblr_n0bpyoI6UZ1sawn2wo1_400.png

2. I then create a new layer and a new colour then work in a bit more detail, more defined outline, appendages etc.
tumblr_n0bpzhnONZ1sawn2wo1_400.png

Over time and heavy use of the erasure tool I am left with what will be the main outline...the blue layer will be deleted.
tumblr_n0bq07viUr1sawn2wo1_400.png

Okay I tend to colour in defined blocks that is, an appendage or price of clothing at a time but to start with I lay down my main skin tone, this is done on a new layer so I don't loose my outline.
tumblr_n0bqupHArr1sawn2wo1_400.png

Now I will focus on each part individually starting off with the arm
tumblr_n0bqvfMTLS1sawn2wo1_500.png

A closer look
tumblr_n0bqw2Ajs61sawn2wo1_400.png

As you can see I am not bothering to keep within the lines there is no need too as the erasure tool can sort it all out when I am happy with the shading.

Colour wise I am using the Coptic colour system on sketchbook mobile. For skin tone I go for babyskin pink, light suntan and dark suntan...when I need to go darker I will use the mixing pallet to make dark suntan an even deeper shade.

Tool wise paintbrush all the way with this one. Thickness will just depend on how close I zoom in opacity is set near the lowest I can get so that's a 0.10 to 0.15 so as not to make the shades too blocky.

tumblr_n0bqwtl3Jz1sawn2wo1_400.png
tumblr_n0bqxhm57P1sawn2wo1_400.png

So once the arm is done the breasts are next...no nipples yet because I am having a big problem getting them right using sketchbook at the moment just check out a couple of my other posts. The below image shows the arm and breasts roughly completed (I will add a lighter tone for highlights towards the end) I have used the erasure to clean it up a little too.
tumblr_n0brbflC1T1sawn2wo3_400.png

After that it is onto the face...this one is proving a little tougher and at the moment she looks a little too much like a white walker so chances are I will wipe over and re-do if I cannot save it.
tumblr_n0bsnrgU761sawn2wo2_400.png

Okay so I decided as I continued this image that I just was not feeling the love for it....I abort lots of pictures at a lot of stages simply due to not "feeling it"

tumblr_n0iq93sUw51sawn2wo4_400.png

Lots of layers in play and still I managed to go over my outline layer.
tumblr_n0iqahvgLO1sawn2wo1_400.png

And this is as far as I got before giving up on it, like I said just not feeling the love for this one
tumblr_n0iqahvgLO1sawn2wo2_500.png

Its more to do with copyright and getting themselves sued because someone decided to use a picture off of playboys website and added a filter (emboss seems a fun one with some of the posters I have seen in this forum) claim they have 'painted it' If that gets posted then playboy can sue for copyright infringement if they feel like that want to.

People can (and do) violate copyright with drawings just as easily as photos.

The reason the site doesn't allow photos has more to do with USC 2257, which requires sites hosting explicit photos to keep records to prove that the models were over 18.

http://www.literotica.com/support/2257_info.shtml

So yes a little bit of a weird thing to feel pleased about having an image rejected but I kind of like the reason.

The image is below, and it was rejected due to it being a photo manipulation....

Only....

This is a drawn image using sketchbook mobile! The only after care given was a filter pop on photolite express and a border added.

And I don't think its a great peice either but posted it anyway. Kind of feels good to be told one of your drawings is so life like it looks like a photograph :D

tumblr_n0bdm5lIob1sawn2wo1_400.jpg

EDIT: after leaving a little note and resubmitting the image has now been accepted. The system works!

Yes, you fooled me! It looked like a photo! Amazing. :rose:

The Erotic Art and Comics section is a place for people to showcase their artistic skills. While we recognize that photography is an art, we deliberately have not included photos in this section because we want to focus on non-photographic art - i.e. painting, sketching, CGI, etc.

The Erotic Art and Comics section is a place for people to showcase their artistic skills. While we recognize that photography is an art, we deliberately have not included photos in this section because we want to focus on non-photographic art - i.e. painting, sketching, CGI, etc.

Not meant as a "high jack", rather a "related diversion"...

Laurel~
How long will The Erotic Art and Comics section be in "beta testing"? Will it go to "gamma testing"? "delta"? :D

(I know, I know, it's LITerotica not Picerotica)

Don't say amazing my ego cannot stand more positive comments!

And agreed with Throbbs take it all out of beta...let us roam free across the grasslands of imagination and dirty images.

Thanks for sharing your process. Im new to drawing on my ipad and have no idea what im doing or what app to get so this is motivating.

Thanks for sharing your process. Im new to drawing on my ipad and have no idea what im doing or what app to get so this is motivating.

There are loads out there and most of them free I used about 4 before finding sketchbook mobile and pro was the right fit for me.

Back