Continental Privateer (Open PM First)

I could tell that them not really paying me mind and noticed he seemed pleased. Though I didn't really want special treatment of protection, I was a lot more then I appeared to be. I could break a mans balls just so easily if I wanted to. Which I wouldn't unless a man tried to rape me, then id never let anyone get away if they tried anything. But I finished dinner and walked right on out on the deck and walked over to the captain. I decided to try and strike up a conversation, a big smile on my face.

"So captain, is everything okay? Captain Allen seemed rather pissed, and before you ask no I wasn't ease dropping. But his voice travels and id hate to see you in trouble" I said being rather honest with him. I liked this captain he may not really be the most pure but he treated me with respect and that was really something. I looked up seeing that the storm was sweeping over them now, it was starting to sprinkle outside.
 
"Just fine, Lee. Mister Allen is an eager privateer and by the looks of it was not very successful. In just a few days time we will be in Trinidad and living the high life." Humphreys smiled and felt well assured that everything would be accomplished. Down below there was the commencement of the men's spirit rationand Lee was told to remain on deck with the captain. Below them one of the women that the sailors took onboard was dancing around the tight confines of the gun deck wearing a British redcoat that was too small for her boxum body and as the men drank they cheered her and raved that was so loud they could be heard above.
 
I had been told to stay with the captain which sucked since I had a feeling that everyone was having fun. I looked down at the water and rubbed the back of my neck, looking at the captain I just nodded happily. "Well I am glad that everything is okay, Ive grown to really like you Captain" I said happily and decided to be honest with him, in the short time we had together I was rather happy to spend time with him. So I never would complain about it.
 
Seeing Lee on the edge Humphreys approached and gently placed on hand on the small of her back and assured her that it was alright. "It is better for you be here and than down there. Sailors being sailors they are wild when with drink and women."

All the same as the men began to play with the woman.

For the captain and Lee they remained on deck as the weather began to change. The rain began to come and it startled out at a trickle and then a downpour but the wind continued to be the same brisk breeze as one serveant brought out a couple of rainslicks to cover the captain and Lee and stave them off from a death of cold as several men came out with open caskes to collect the rain water.

"It appears you were right on the money," the captain smiled to Lee, "Now we have clean water for a few days more."
 
I felt his hand on the small of my back and the feeling made me feel so wonderful, I had never felt a mans touch accept for a slap from my father. I got a warm feeling and looked up at him, and heard why he told me why it was best for me to be on the deck. Though a party sounded good I just nodded to him. I wouldn't say anything against his orders, and enjoyed the feel of the wind on my skin. Sighing happily I looked up at the sky and noticed the rain and I smiled hearing what he said.

"Ive always been able to tell on days when it was to rain, though I cannot give you times but I Just know. I was born on a rainy day and I just love the rain" I said happily to the captain and grinned.
 
"Well, i'm glad for that," Humphreys replied as the rain came down steadily as men with caskes continued to collect the water as the party down below continued to corouse with no chains as the woman begged for drink and for the men to please her. "What be of your mother?" Humphreys enquired, "I know of your father, yes, but you mother...if it's not a bitter subject to discuss."

The Dolphin was no longer able to be seen as the stars and the moon were completely blocked out by the thick clouds and then came the flash of lighting off to the north west and a couple of seconds later by the crack of thunder.
 
I looked at him and was taken back when he wanted to discuss my mother, looking down I hadn't discussed mother to anyone. Though I wanted to no one wanted to hear it, and I was surprised that he wanted to know. "I am surprised you wish to know about her, I mean every time I try to bring her up back home. No one wanted to hear it, and I don't know why exactly. Though it brings sad memories at times.." I said softly and looked up at the sky, closing my eyes and began to think of my mother.

"Well father was very abusive to me and mother, they were having a very nasty fight a few years ago. And she was heading down stairs but my father grabbed her arm, and pushed her down the steps. She was four months pregnant with my brother and both of them died"
 
Humphreys looked at her stunned. He said after a moment, "Your father killed your bother and your brother? Had I known this before I would have run my sword through him after he presented us the sterling at the water front." His hand dropped down to grip the handle of his sword that hung by his side as his blood began to course rapidly with the image of that ugly appearing governor fbeofre him, clad only in his night clothes. He was such an easy target that he was kicking himself for not killing him, even though me had the pledge to spare the twon if it was surrendered.

No matter. What's done has been done and now Lee was free to make her own choices.
 
I looked at him and I couldn't believe how angry he was, but it made me feel very special that he cared so much. I shook my head "Captain he isn't worth the energy, he may have treated me like shit and mother but. The town needs him, he is a shitty father and husband but he is damn good at what he does for the town. The man that is to take his place is a dick and a lot worse then my father. And you helping me get away is enough for me" I said happily and took a deep breath enjoying the crisp night.
 
"Well I should have honestly razed the entire town and denied its services to the King" Humphreys scoffed. He honestly felt these sentiments thus Lee's father was out of the job as would be his replacement as well as King George thus the only ones that woul win in the end would be the pirvateers.

When it struck ten bells the men on the off watch were ordered to their beds and after another glass of port Humphreys escorted Lee down to the great cabin for bed.
 
I smiled at him and could tell his blood was boiling on my behalf, perhaps he should have died. I wouldn't have saved my father, but figured him dying of a broken heart was what he deserved. Heading into the cabin I looked at him. "Captain you know I can sleep in the hammock or you can share the bed with me, I know it's not exactly made for two people but I can lay on my side give you enough space"
 
"I feel I must respect the honor of a young woman and not share the same with her unless she is married to me. Unfortunately, as much as I enjoy your fine company it would not be proper especially with us onboard this ship where we can be interupted at any moment," giving her a smile as he removed the sword from his belt and hung it beside the aft window and then removed his boots and felt the feet swell when they made contact with the air. "I discussed with Captain Allen that we would be proceeding to Trinidad and he would be happily meeting rendervous with us there , however, he was on the prowl for more merchantmen."
 
She sighed a little bit and was rather sad but she just nodded to him and laid down on the bed, she wasn't facing him as she closed her eyes and felt kinda lonely. She was like a piece of art no one wanted to touch. Brushing away tears that were forming, she silently began to cry but made it so she didn't make a sound what so ever. She was use to doing it since her father was a dick and loved it when she cried. She just didn't want to think about it any more, so she just relaxed a little bit wanting sleep but she was wide awake.
 
Swaying in the hammock Humphreys could hear none of it. Though he wanted to be in the same bed with Lee it would be imporoper and give it away to the crew about her identity and make her both loathed and sought after by the hungry men. There were over a hundred men onboard and just a handful of women that were possibly spent as of now, however, oce they reached St. Kitts then, they would be able to seel their captures and reap their bounty and the good captain weould be able to walk through the French controlled town with Lee in the open without fear of retribution.

Sometime after twelve bells there came a horrendous crash with screams with enough force that it nearly tossed the captain from his hammock. Shoving his feet into his boots and grabbing his sowrd he rushed onto deck without looking at Lee and found the place a mess. Lookouts pointed to three points off the larboard bow. In the middle of the rain there was a looming figure coming right towards them, "Tis a ship of the line!" the lookouts responded, "A English frigate!"
 
She pretty much silently cried herself to sleep not realizing that anything was up, she stretched out on the bed and when she moved her tears actually made the pillow wet. She was having a dream about her mother and she really enjoyed the dream, she loved to remember her mother in the happy times before the shit happened. She didn't realize they were coming up to an English Frigate and soon enough she would get some action but she didn't know it right now. She yawned in her sleep then it hit.

Hearing the bells she almost fell out of bed, she got dressed and grabbed a sword. It was just out of instinct to protect herself. Her eyes scanned the area and she looked at Humphrey's wondering who did this. "Any idea who did this captain? why on earth guess you pissed the wrong person off?" She smiled a bit and was ready for an attack if it was to happen, she knew if she didn't look at least like she was trying to do some good, people would suspect her that much she knew.
 
Humphreys ran onto deck and was getting the crew to their stations with them tpysy from spirits but once they shook off the shock of what was happening and realized the danger they rushed to their stations and ran out the guns loaded with triple shot as the British frigate came in close and began belching fire. A thick cloud acid white smoke clung to the deck in the rain as Humphreys shouted above the din what he wanted done. Grapshot struck the mast head as well as the main sail as lee come on deck and was grasped by the collar as Tisadale whom thrusted a cutlass into her hand to defend herself. The prospect of being boarded was likely as she needed to defender herself.

The Fusiliades prizes also continued to move forward and one began using their swivel guns to fire on the English frigate but a merchantman is no match for a ship of the line and one powerful broadside knocked the prize to down, cutting down all the masts as well as ripping of the rudder.

Despite this th privateers did not give up. They fired into the faces of their foe as the English frigate began tossing over grappling hooks.
 
Lee didn't know what to expect it was almost like everything was in slow motion, everything was drowned out by her heart. Her grey eyes were looking around and a look on her face of determination could be seen. But then a sword was thrusted into her hand, though she had never used one in her life. It felt like she had really, as her heart was the only thing that sustained her she looked at everyone. Watching them run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, and then it happened.

She saw the grappling hooks and she ran right for them, using her sword she watched the people getting to them. But she cut all the wires and watched the men falling into the sea, she was resourceful and it was easy for her to think on her feet. Nothing would stop her from her goal, and she looked around and was ready to react again. But she heard shouting and figured that they were being boarded, she noticed the captain was under attack and she ran quickly to his side.

Thrusting her sword into the way of the captain she blocked the attack that could have possibly hurt the captain, twirling around on her foot as she kicked him very hard in the side. And spinning her whole body around she slit the mans throat. Twirling the sword in her hand as she looked at the captain with a nod.
 
"Hurrah! Hurrah!" The privateers shouted when they saw the plucky Lee perform and fired teir cannons into the faces of the stymied foe as the British fired carronades from the weatherdeck and sharshooters from the top fired down. Despite the rain the muskets coughed as they seemed to be aimed right for Lee. Once the lines were cut the Fusiliade was freed and began to slide astern of the frigate and Humphreys was making all due speed to out distance themselves from the threat.

Working his ay towards the wheel Humphreys came upon Lee with her bright grey eyes and laughed, "You saved us!"

However the fight was not yet over as the cannons continued to bang away with fury. The English did not want them to escape.
 
Lee didn't know what got into her, but it was like she was meant to fight. Like something in her head clicked, but she didn't realize what was going on. She was so juiced up from the attack she expected another person to come up, but she heard the men happy for her. And she watched the captain coming up to her. Smiling at w hat he said to her, she nodded to him rather happy for what she did. Though she only did what she wanted, and that was to do her job and do it very well. Grinning a bit.

"Can you believe no one ever taught me how to fight, it's almost like I was born to fight you know?" She said with a happy smile on her face and she could hear the canons going off and knew this wasn't good.
 
"I can believe it," Humphreys replied as a faint boom from a cannon sliced through the main sail and sent the mass toppling down. Grabbing Lee and throwing her into a hatchway she was able to avoid the topply of the wood and canvas that sprawled over the deck and covered the crew on deck and ceased their fire and cut their speed until the deck could be cleared.

Picking himself up Humphreys crawled out from underneth the wreckaage and ordered it cleaned up and looked for Lee and found her where he put her as the British frigate came about and trailed the privateer whom was firing away with its bow chasers that sliced through the rigging that was slowing down the ship and certain captured seemed immeninent but still the refused to strike their flag. Privateers faced punishment worse than a convict if they were taken by the British to be locked onboard prison ships, hulks off the land to rot away and though Lee had staved off the first attempt the second attempt seemed to be the last.
 
It was a rather interesting moment and before she knew it things were getting rather hard right now, she feared that they might sink because they were getting hit. Her heart was beating even more and before she knew it they got hit and she was flung out of the way, she cried out as she hit the cover and hit her head. She had a rather bump on her head that was bleeding, since he had to fling her she lost her hat and she didn't really notice it. She got up and her black hair showed to everyone that was looking.

"Captain are you okay?" She panted and felt something warm trickling down her face, she put her hand up feeling something warm and wet. Looking at her hand she saw her own blood and she was bleeding horribly but head wounds no matter how small the cut or what not they bleed very badly.
 
"Lee! Lee" Humphreys cried out as the enemy frigate came about on the port side this time as Lee was stunned by the blow and the grappling hooks were tossed onto the gangways and the privateers brandished their weapons to repeal them. The chance of them succeeding in fending them off seemed to be a foolish dream. Turning to Lee and seeing the blood streaming down her forehead Humphreys ordered her to go below and save herself and to dress herself as a woman and hopefully she would be spared and to do it quickly as the first British sailors began to cliamber onboard as sharpshooters began to fire at them.
 
She brushed the blood and she looked at Humphreys and ran to him, she cut another rope that was connected to him. She worked quickly and she shook her head "Sorry sir but no I am not leaving you here to possibly die!" she gave him a rather determined look and growled at the man that managed to board, twirling around as she cut him down for size. And struck him right through as she pulled back. She had no idea who the hell was attacking them, she wondered if it was the captain from earlier.
 
Lee would not leave and the British Marines came in and began to push the men back towards teh poop and the blast of swivel guns were knocking down men left and right. Two British officers came forth with their swords in hand and Humphreys nand Lee held their swords and fought them as best they could with the crowded deck slick from teh rain as British Marines chased privateers around with their bayonets. The fighting was desperate but the English far outnumbered them and the privateers though fighting bravely could not win in this contest.

After slacing the face of his opponent Humphreys and Lee disabled the second officer and they retired to the wheel to make a last stand when to larboard there was a second frigate slowly coming towards them and their fate was sealed. The colors were struck and the ship was now a prize of King George though they did not go easily.

When the colors from the mizzen was taken down two more British officers approached them and demanded their swoards and were astonished to see the gray eyes of Lee and immediately realized she was a woman.
 
Unfortunately this battle wasn't there's to fight but she wasn't about to give up, she never gave up on anything she tried. But she would do anything to protect the captain who freed her from the enslavement of her father. She just hoped to god her father wasn't the cause for this, but before she knew it she saw the way the men were looking at her. And knew that everyone knew she was a woman now. Her grey eyes could pierce the night if she wanted them to, and she wasn't afraid of death either.

When they told them to give up there swords, she didn't know what to do right now. But her feeling was to protect her boss so she did just that. Her sword out in a defense position "Touch my captain and you are dead, you hear me!" She narrowed her eyes. "Who the hell do you work for, tell me!" she said in a rather demanding type voice.
 
Back
Top