The Official Fashion Fairy Thread

Lord Pmann

Lord
Joined
Mar 12, 2012
Posts
19,431
What up fuckers? This is the thread for which you all have so desperately been asking. Not necessarily in writing, but with your shitty eye for classic, beautiful shoes.

I figured we were derailing the old isolated blurt thread enough. Rainshine has a tendency to do that.

This thread will be similar to the make up fairy thread, except more rugged and manly. It will be the classiest thing around though, I swear it. It will ooze class out of every orifice. It will be like a class facial.

This will be where you can ask all your fashion queries and get them answered by someone with an eye for that kind of thing. I won't sugar coat things. I mean, unless you come in looking sexy as hell like Rainshine in a sleeveless jean jacket (not likely), I'm probably going to tell you to take your Cobra Kai fashion style back to the dojo from whence you came.

So feel free to ask as many questions as you like. Shoes, pants, shirts, knickers, etc. Whatever you need help with. Rainshine is constantly telling me I don't do any good for the world, so here is my chance. (She doesn't actually say that)

I'll also be giving you my own two grand on fashion advice, as I see fit. Yes, mine is two grand, not two cents. My advice is just worth far more. :D

I'll post my first fashion rant later.
 
hahaha.. having been a lurker of the other thread.. I'm tickled pink to have a forum where we can openly discuss the sexuality of nubuck oxfords.

(actually.. I might just still lurk.. but you guys crack me up)
 
Dear Fashion Fairy,

What shoes did you wear today?

I'm currently sporting a silver tipped, black suede ballet flat with dark grey slacks, a green top, and a black cardi, topped off with a classic, plastic ID access card clipped to my black belt. What do you think about that? Sounds awful, huh?

Sincerely,
Teen Wolf

I've seen you sick, tired and covered in your own vomit on FaceTime and I thought you looked good then, so no clothing item could make you look less than hot. Except TOMs (which will be my fashion rant, for today). The outfit you described actually sounds quite nice. I've yet to see you in anything that I would make fun of seriously.

What do I have on today? Well, I sent you a pic of the shoes. Feel free to post that and the one from yesterday, if you so choose. :D

Shoes- Allen Edmonds Maxfield moc toe loafer with tassels in a classic chili colour. A fine shoe, indeed. One of my favourites. Looks great with jeans, khakis or

Shirt- white, button up dress shirt (long sleeve of course)

Pants- okay, I'll probably get some shit for this. But I have on seersucker pants. No, Rainshine, that's seersucker. Not cocksucker. Now, I know it's well after Labor Day. But I do love in a very warm climate. It was actually pleasantly warm until last night apparently. I arrived at work this morning, clad in my arguably out of season pants, and I realized it was colder than a well-digger's bumhole. Yeah. So, my outfit is a bit of a faux pas today. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.
 
hahaha.. having been a lurker of the other thread.. I'm tickled pink to have a forum where we can openly discuss the sexuality of nubuck oxfords.

(actually.. I might just still lurk.. but you guys crack me up)

Don't lurk!!!! Post! We need fellow fashionistas here.

And what is your opinion on the sexuality of nubuck oxfords? *squints*
 
Yesterday's Outfit:

http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/pmann83/media/FASHION/Pic_002_zpsac591186.jpg.html

Today's Symphony Of Class:

http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/pmann83/media/FASHION/Pic__zps746ef241.jpg.html

There. I'm not a lazy bones. :p

And YOU suggested I be the fashion fucker!!! Now you wanna take my throne away! Nuts to that! All are free to contribute here to this fabulous thread. So, Teen Wolf, feel free to throw on your Members Only jacket and do a sweet breakdance for us while showing us your most trendy threads. :D

Sincerely,

The Fashion Fucker
Aka Fashion Fairy
Aka Pmann Glimmerwinks
 
I need to duck behind something, but I am kinda digging the seersucker--even though it is November. I would go without the sock though.

:)
 
oh.. wait... you're one of those

not matching your socks to your trousers.. you rebel
 
I'm kind of overwhelmed by the socks. The blue/gray stripe. . . . I'm just gobsmacked and the frighteningly white ones just started me.

Pmann how the hell do you get your whitey whites so white? I am very impressed by that. Don't get my wrong, my whites are white, but those are simply blinding.
 
Waaaait a minute. Does anyone have anything to say about the shoes???

LOL You already think I'm crazy because of the whole decorative towel thread, but I have to say, I like today's shoes.

Keep it classy, pmann!!
 
My socks actually aren't white. They are the exact shade of blue from the stripe on the seersucker.

@Tiny- are you recommending no socks? Or just not blue coloured?

@giggle- it's in the detergent. :D
 
Dear Fashion Fairy,

Do you think the trend for everyone to have perfectly straight hair is over?

Sincerely,
Hiding from the FlatIrons
 
I need to duck behind something, but I am kinda digging the seersucker--even though it is November. I would go without the sock though.

:)

As for it being November... I do live in a tropical place and it has been warm, albeit rather cold today. So, whilst I normally would not wear that outfit now, it was warm enough yesterday. Though, it's admittedly cold today.
 
Dear Fashion Fairy,

Do you think the trend for everyone to have perfectly straight hair is over?

Sincerely,
Hiding from the FlatIrons

I can't say that I was ever aware that this was a trend. I do not hear about flat irons nearly as much anymore.

It's funny, because girls with perfectly straight hair bitch about it. Girls with curly hair bitch about it. I say fuck you all as I don't have enough hair. :D

But I will say this in conclusion... I think that the lack of flat irons is an indication that yes, the trend is over.
 
This was written on my mobile, as are all my posts. So forgive the spelling.

My first anonymous question!!!

????? said:
Dear Fashion Fairy,

I'm uncomfortable with dressing in an explicitly sexual/seductive manner, but I'd like to change that. I generally dress in 'pants and a sleeved top' for most things, and long, flowing elegant dresses for any special occasion. How can I dress in a subtly seductive manner and become more comfortable with this?

Miss Unseductive

First, I'd say start slowly. Don't go from pilgrim to whore in one day. (Extreme examples) Start doing little things here and there that push your boundaries. Maybe a lower cut top than normal. Or tighter jeans. Or fuck me shoes. But start one thing at a time. And get used to it. Don't go whole hawg or you'll scare yourself.

Second, find what works for your body. Do you have a nice arse?? Show something that accents that. Big boobs? Display them proudly. Perhaps take a friend (with decent fashion sense) shopping with you. Or go to a reputable store and ask for help.

Third, a lot can be done with makeup. I am not a fan of gobs of makeup. However, smokey eyes or red lips can sometimes change an entire look.

Fourth, shop at places you wouldn't normally shop. Be appropriate. But most women are far more conservative than they have to be, in their view of themselves, if that makes sense. Some women might not shop in certain stores because they don't think things would fit or they'd feel intimidated when, in most cases, they'd be just fine. There are a few crazies that think they can squeeze their size 24 ass into a 2-4 skirt.

So, the main thing... Push yourself slowly. Get more comfortable showing some skin or wearing tighter clothing or whatever it is that you want.
 
Dearest Panda Eyes Glimmerwinks,

I'm confused. You're a chap, right?

It's just I remember this librarian from a few years back, and she dressed almost exactly the same as you. From the knees down anyways. Her name was Pat, or Terry... something very non-gender specific. Not someone you'd feel comfortable "bumping into" behind the stacks, if you catch my drift.

I just found it uncanny how your pics brought me back to that library.





Now my question (it's a two-parter):

When selecting an ascot cravat, would you go with a pre-tied or self-tied, and when choosing the color of these silken lady snares, would you color cooridinate with socks, or go the complimentary route?


Your Boutonniere Benfactor,

Thurston Howell III
 
Yesterday's Outfit:

http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/pmann83/media/FASHION/Pic_002_zpsac591186.jpg.html

Today's Symphony Of Class:

http://s1161.photobucket.com/user/pmann83/media/FASHION/Pic__zps746ef241.jpg.html

There. I'm not a lazy bones. :p

And YOU suggested I be the fashion fucker!!! Now you wanna take my throne away! Nuts to that! All are free to contribute here to this fabulous thread. So, Teen Wolf, feel free to throw on your Members Only jacket and do a sweet breakdance for us while showing us your most trendy threads. :D

Sincerely,

The Fashion Fucker
Aka Fashion Fairy
Aka Pmann Glimmerwinks

The first shoes are orange.

The second...well, tassels look good on golf shoes. Did you take the cleats off?

:D
 
Now my question (it's a two-parter):

When selecting an ascot cravat, would you go with a pre-tied or self-tied, and when choosing the color of these silken lady snares, would you color cooridinate with socks, or go the complimentary route?


Your Boutonniere Benfactor,

Thurston Howell III

I would never wear an ascot. But if I did, I'd probably colour coordinate the socks.
 
The first shoes are orange.

The second...well, tassels look good on golf shoes. Did you take the cleats off?

:D

Hey there Aquagal. Good to see you around.

The first shoes are actually red, not orange. Or "Orandge", as Rainshine says I pronounce it. :) I admit they look a bit orange in the pic, but that is not the actual colour.
 
Dearest Fashion Fucker Fairy Glimmerwinks, is the carpet part of the outfit?

Is that really corduroy you are wearing? How do you reduce the corduroy thigh chafing shuffle announcement?

Do not hold me accountable to the awful carpet at my office, please.

And no, not cords. Seersucker.
 
Back
Top