Alternate Blurting I: Wasteland

cute start to the day - then up for coffee and a nice cold piece of long john silver's. their batter has me hooked.

sun's awake and sort of shiny, birds abound in shades of red/blue/brown and getting busy at the feeders and creeping up tree trunks or flashing feathers across my sightline as i stand out there feeding the dogs, cats and chickens. gonna be a pretty day, maybe time to get out of my sleepwear and fluffy dressing gown... another coffee first, a kiss and another coffee, too, for H sat there with his bare feet up on his desk just drinking in the morning. :)

cute start to the day - then up for coffee and a nice cold piece of long john silver's. their batter has me hooked.

sun's awake and sort of shiny, birds abound in shades of red/blue/brown and getting busy at the feeders and creeping up tree trunks or flashing feathers across my sightline as i stand out there feeding the dogs, cats and chickens. gonna be a pretty day, maybe time to get out of my sleepwear and fluffy dressing gown... another coffee first, a kiss and another coffee, too, for H sat there with his bare feet up on his desk just drinking in the morning. :)

LJS had a franchise location here in Anchorage which I visited one time. The food was horridly greasy and unappealing. They didn't last very long.

LJS had a franchise location here in Anchorage which I visited one time. The food was horridly greasy and unappealing. They didn't last very long.

Oh my god it is. It's so greasy you pick a chicken strip up and the grease just drips off of it. I love it so much.

I get a box of just the crumbs and just fuckin shotgun them. Crumbs and hushpuppies. Jesus it's literally just flour and grease. I love it. I make hushpuppies like that, too, in my deep fryer.

Oh my god it is. It's so greasy you pick a chicken strip up and the grease just drips off of it. I love it so much.

I get a box of just the crumbs and just fuckin shotgun them. Crumbs and hushpuppies. Jesus it's literally just flour and grease. I love it. I make hushpuppies like that, too, in my deep fryer.

Gotta have the malt vinegar though!

Gotta have the malt vinegar though!

No! Just crumbs! Just grease flour right into my mouth like some sort of goblin. This isn't people food. No seasoning, no containers or silverware or any of that fancy shit. Grease flour from shitty paper to my mouth.

lol

i've not had the chicken. but there's something about the seasoning in their batter and that's what has my mouth hooked for it. i don't even know what fish it is - white fish. maybe cod. maybe anything. i don't care. :eek:

i love the flavour of their corn side dish, too.

now imma go rustle up something aromatic with pork and rice. :)

i did that too before i moved up here

cheering_minions.gif

us-1080x793-5c1c39f8f2b9c-1.png

NippyPerkyGlassfrog-size_restricted.gif

Oh, it got crazy, alright. Good shit, good shit. :D

We're seeing it next week. She thought Get Out wasn't going to be good or really scary and she damn near shit herself. I told her we're seeing US in the theater.

We're seeing it next week. She thought Get Out wasn't going to be good or really scary and she damn near shit herself. I told her we're seeing US in the theater.

It's a lot more straightforward with the horror than Get Out was. This is Peele's gift to those who didn't want to think too hard in genre. The main "twist" is also a bit predictable. Still, there's a good handful of messages within the layers that I think a second viewing will help reveal better. Lupita is really amazing in this, too. There's also unexpected humor in it, not just all blood and guts. I give it a 7.5. :D

Back