Please Explain Loving Wives

Made I laff. :D

Is that really right about the feedback? Loads of comments but nothing you can use constructively?

My April Fool's story has a LW theme, but I'm unsure about how hardcore I'm going to go. It's a bit nasty in places.

As a rule my stories don’t get massive comments anyway, and because I understand spelling and commas, I don’t need many nitpicky ones. But I do like to hear well-founded and thoughtful critique.

Nope. Not in LW.

That story (featuring a cheating wife that *gasp* enjoyed it) got deluged with comments, most of them related not to the story but to the commenters’ own hangups. A couple were along the lines of, “Good story! Reminds me of the time when...” followed by a mini-story of their own, piggybacking off my comment section.

No. Nothing constructive, I’m afraid.

I've seen LW tales of monogamous couples telling their life stories. No cheating, swapping, cucking, none of that. I wrote a high-scoring LW tale with divine BtB -- the cheaters were swept away in a mudslide. I wrote low-scoring LW tales where the cheating wife gets away with infidelity, and another where a pastor's wife makes a moral choice to cheat.

Hint: See how high-scoring LW pieces work. If successful authors can pander, so can you.

Since this was posted soon after I'm assuming it's a reply to me. If not, I'm sorry. When I said last date, it was a hotwife date with a man almost half my age. Not a 'date' with hubby exclusively. I'll edit the post.. lol.

I've seen LW tales of monogamous couples telling their life stories. No cheating, swapping, cucking, none of that. I wrote a high-scoring LW tale with divine BtB -- the cheaters were swept away in a mudslide. I wrote low-scoring LW tales where the cheating wife gets away with infidelity, and another where a pastor's wife makes a moral choice to cheat.

Hint: See how high-scoring LW pieces work. If successful authors can pander, so can you.

Most of the successful authors have been at it for years. They've built a following that can outvote the idiots. JPB for example has over 6000 followers. When they see a new story it probably gets hundreds of votes a day. Easily outranking the 20-50 he might get from the malcontents.

Only sharing, swinging, open relationships, cuckholdry, nothing of that is cheating for the persons/characters involved. Yes, even while any of it likely would be cheating in a "traditional" closed monogamous heterosexual relationship. What's cheating can only be defined within any given specific relationship as it have everything to do with principles, borders, trust and consent, and very little with a list of specific activities.

N9, It's cheating. Even if the other party knows about it. It's bound to have psychological effects on both partners which will lead to the end of the relationship. Don't call it anything for what it is,

Since this was posted soon after I'm assuming it's a reply to me. If not, I'm sorry.
Not picking on you. I was mainly responding to those over-stereotyping LW. What I like most about LW are well-written dramas -- which IMHO excludes most cuck-fetish pieces. But even as Sturgeon's Law ("95% of everything is crap") applies generally to LIT, that leaves 5% gold or at least bronze. I'll paraphrase the punchline from today's DILBERT: There are no wrong stories, only wrong readers.

N9, It's cheating. Even if the other party knows about it. It's bound to have psychological effects on both partners which will lead to the end of the relationship. Don't call it anything for what it is,

How's life up there on that High Horse for ya' Little Miss Intolerant?

Judgemental Bitches .... who needs 'em?

All you need to know about LOVING WIVES is: Its assholes post at the AH board and use numerous alts. PILOT will confirm this.

How's life up there on that High Horse for ya' Little Miss Intolerant?

Judgemental Bitches .... who needs 'em?

Actually, I'd say life is pretty damn good. At the very least, I've defined things quite simply. Whether your interpretation of it is positive or not is your problem.

And you need judges. How else will the crackheads go to jail?

And you need judges. How else will the crackheads go to jail?
♫ Each night I ask the judge who sets bail
Why must I be-ee a teenager in jail? ♫​
Note: The insipid Dion DiMucci who did TEENAGER IN LOVE was magically transformed into the roaring do-wop monster of RUNAROUND SUE and THE WANDERER. How? Heroin! Yes, becoming a junkie unleashed him. And unlike crackheads, he kept his teeth. Beware toothless singers and authors. Here, too. Like JBJ / FLP.

Back