What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're the last sum bitch in he world who ought to be talking down anyone's AV, a dunce discovering his first oat bag.:rolleyes::D

Guy, I already know you can't handle real titties, you don't have to keep telling me you'd much rather prefer tweaking and sucking on the man-nubs of your multiple BFFs here. :D

tumblr_mawzxdMHTI1qa6g1m.gif
 
Okay you two. If you aren't gonna fuck and get over it it's time to return to your corners.
 
French entrepreneurs have a new mascot -- the pigeon.

Using the bird’s role in French slang as the “sucker,” owners of startups have formed a group dubbed “Les Pigeons” to show that President Francois Hollande’s new taxes make them the fall guys for France’s economic woes. They are protesting the almost doubling of the tax rate on capital gains generated from selling a business in Hollande’s budget for 2013.

The group has gathered more than 34,000 supporters in less than six days on Facebook Inc.’s social network and spurred more than 3,600 posts under the “#geonpi” tag on Twitter, with the founders of Iliad SA (ILD), Vente-Privee and Meetic SA (MEET) throwing in their voices of support.

“The government thinks France’s entrepreneurs are pigeons,” the movement’s initiators wrote on a dedicated Facebook page. “Anti-economic policies are crushing the entrepreneurial spirit and exposing France to a big risk.”

Some business figures criticized Hollande’s tax move by voicing support for the “Les Pigeons” movement on Facebook. Xavier Niel -- who created Internet-service company Iliad and started selling mobile-phone packages this year under the brand name Free -- was one of them.

France’s small and medium businesses group CGPME said it has started a petition-signing project against the 2013 budget.

Pierre Chappaz, the Frenchman who founded comparative shopping site Kelkoo and sold it to Yahoo! Inc. for 475 million euros in 2004, wrote on his blog.

“I won’t be part of the protest since I’ve already flown away,” wrote Chappaz, who lives in Switzerland. “I do wish good luck to the birds that are still fighting in Paris.”

...

The reason of the protest is very well explained by Pierre Chappaz (a "serial" start-up entrepreneur), and very well reported by Vincent Benard (an excellent libertarian economist and blogger) in his blog (in French) Objectif Liberté Esprit d'entreprise: "Hollande m'a tuer".

The point is: this wave of taxes will kill any economic motivation to create a company. The main sentence (quoted by Pierre Chappaz)

"I do not know a single startup founder who accept the idea that creating a company, in which it will invest all his savings and years of effort often without a salary, must then give to the State 60.5 % of gain when he sells his company if he succeeds. It should be known that 9 out of 10 startups fail, and in this case nobody will refund the founder. Then, on the 39.5% that he will be left with, it will pay 1 to 2% per year, every year for the ISF ("Wealth Tax"). And when he dies, the state will take 45% of what remains."
Read more at http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/#azj6IGLRFpLA2st8.99

For everyone who claims the Obama administration wants a $1 trillion tax hike, Joe Biden has a message: Yes, we do.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...o-raise-1t-in-taxes-on-wealthy/#ixzz28Pxfe0QH

If it walks like a pigeon...
 
Regulations prevent and protect while not adding to the cost of ANYTHING!

Remington Arms has already moved much of their skilled operations and management to North Carolina because of the tax policies of New York state, and now it appears to be on the verge of moving the rest of its facilities, all due to microstamping legislation:

Microstamping, or ballistic imprinting, is a patented process that uses laser technology to engrave a tiny marking of the make, model, and serial number on the tip of a gun’s firing pin to allow an imprint of that information on spent cartridge cases. Supporters of the technology say it will be a “game changer,” allowing authorities to quickly identify the registered guns used in crimes. Opponents claim the process is costly, unreliable, and may ultimately impact the local economies that heavily depend on the gun industry, including Ilion, N.Y., where Remington Arms maintains a factory, and Hartford, Conn., where Colt’s manufacturing is headquartered.

“Mandatory microstamping would have an immediate impact of a loss of 50 jobs,” New York State Sen. James Seward, a Republican whose district includes Ilion, said, adding that Remington employs 1,100 workers in the town. “You’re talking about a company that has options in other states. Why should they be in a state that’s hostile to legal gun manufacturing? There could be serious negative economic impact with the passage of microstamping and other gun-control laws.”
Microstamping tooling is extremely expensive, prone to breakage, easily disabled, and ineffective on entire families of weapons. Let’s take a deeper look at what microstamping does, and how easily it is beaten.

Microstamping is a series of letters and numbers reverse printed on the firing pin of weapons. In theory, when a gun is fired, the firing pin will leave a mark on the cartridge’s primer (the rim of a rimfire cartridge), and the shell casing recovered at the scene will provide law enforcement information about which gun fired the cartridge. Cops will enter the microstamping code into a computer, which will check it against a database, and the police will know who the shooter is within minutes.

At least, that is the theory. Reality is another matter. For starters: microstamping fails to work on any firearm that already exists, something in the neighborhood of more than 300 million firearms. As firearms last indefinitely, it would be decades before they became a significant number of total firearms — even if the technology was foolproof.

But microstamping is not foolproof. Let’s look at the ways microstamping fails, beyond the numbers:

Microstamping does not work if shell casings aren’t automatically ejected from the crime gun. Revolvers, derringers, double-barrel shotguns, pump shotguns and rifles, and semi-automatic firearms that can be equipped with inexpensive brass catchers (common among some shooters) would leave no cartridges at the scene of a shooting.

Microstamping does not work because firing pins are inexpensive and easy to replace. The firing pin for most weapons are easily replaced by someone with a minimum of ability to read and follow the basic cleaning directions for his firearm. The expense of millions of dollars in retooling is thwarted by the purchase of a $12 part.

Microstamping does not work because the stamping is easily defaced. It would take a matter of a half-dozen passes of a standard diamond file, and less than a minute, to eradicate the microstamping.
Microstamping is incredibly fragile. The stamping would wear out over time through simple use of the firearm, or be thwarted by the normal powder residue that builds up on small parts.

Microstamping could easily be spoofed and waste police time — or worse, send the wrong people to jail. Most shooters do not reload their own ammunition, and leave their shell casings at the range. All it would take to turn microstamping to a criminal’s advantage would be for a criminal or one of his associates to pick up brass from a firing range in the same caliber as the weapon he carries. After he uses a microstamping-free weapon in a crime, he would merely drop the brass he recovered from Joe Citizen at the range at the crime scene. Joe will wake up with a SWAT team crashing through his door at 5:00 a.m., and if he’s lucky, innocent Joe won’t be gunned down along with his family pets.
Easily thwarted and capable of being used to a criminal’s advantage, microstamping is a horrible idea as well as an expensive one.

Remington and Colt are right to threaten to leave New York and Connecticut if ignorant Democratic politicians push forward with their demands for microstamping legislation. As for Colt and Remington, I’d merely offer that North Carolina is a much more gun-friendly and intelligent state, and they would be more than welcome to relocate here.
http://pjmedia.com/blog/gun-microstamping/?singlepage=true
 
BLS Jobs Report:

Unemployment rate drops to 7.8%. And 418,000 new workers joined the workforce as well.

Spin it AJ, spin it!
 
^^^HIGH FIVE, SCHMUCK

and 5% under Bush was the worst economy since H Hoover


Dont insult our intelligence
 
Unemployment rates were lower in August than a year earlier in 325 of the 372 metropolitan
areas, higher in 40 areas, and unchanged in 7 areas

bls.gov
 
U-6, real unemployment, remained unchanged at 14.7 percent.

They only get to 7.8 percent by removing people who gave up looking for a job.
 
Go ahead AJ......spin it

tell us how bad it all is

RAH RAH....The black guy has saved us all:D
 
The change in total nonfarm payroll employment for July was revised from
+141,000 to +181,000, and the change for August was revised from +96,000 to
+142,000.


C'mon guys, SPIN IT!!!
 
C'mon guys, SPIN IT!!!

it's weak improvement, and you know it. no spin is required.

i doubt even obama could spin it in a positive way, considering the full picture of the economy.

but hey, enjoy the 30 seconds of sunlight that's breaking through the rolling gray clouds.
 
it's weak improvement, and you know it. no spin is required.

i doubt even obama could spin it in a positive way, considering the full picture of the economy.

but hey, enjoy the 30 seconds of sunlight that's breaking through the rolling gray clouds.

It's a huge improvement over the sheer mediocrity of the fast few months. It's not where we need to be but there's no way you can argue it's a weak improvement.
 
Jack Welch tweets conspiracy theory over better-than-expected jobs number

October 5, 2012, 9:13 AM
.


Friday’s better-than-expected jobs report sparked stock futures and conspiracy theories.

The U.S. added a scant 114,000 new jobs in September, but the unemployment rate fell below 8% for the first time since President Barack Obama took office in a potential jolt to the election.

The results sparked sharp gains in stock index futures which indicated gains for the S&P 500 SPX+0.46% and Nasdaq COMP+0.36% of 0.5%.

The jobs report also prompted a tweet from former General Electric boss Jack Welch, who appeared to accuse the Obama administration of cooking the books:




Jack Welch✔
@jack_welch

Unbelievable jobs numbers..these Chicago guys will do anything..can't debate so change numbers

5 Oct 12 Reply
Retweet
Favorite

You can see some of the responses to Welch here:

-Tom Bemis
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top