Just been circumcised (help)

xxxbob

Experienced
Joined
Feb 22, 2004
Posts
68
Wasn't sure to post this in the Cafe or not... who knows :( (long post sorry but please read and help)

Basically, I'm pretty damn miserable at the moment. Last Wednesday (about 5 days ago) I got circumcised. I had a slight phimosis of my foreskin which basically meant it couldn't be pulled back over the head of my dick. Five days on and I'm starting to get a little depressed about the whole thing and I have some questions that I'm hoping you guys might give me the answers to, as I'm after some.

Basically, it hurts. I can't walk without hands down my pants to stop the clothes rubbing, my erections are painful (and they seem to be coming more often at night) and pressure against the head is just not even funny :(.

I want to know how long it's going to take for it to stop being so bloody sensitive - I need to go back to University on Thursday (i've already had a week off) and quite frankly walking around is going to be a bitch. I can't take anymore time off. How long before I can wank, how long before I can safely see the girlfriend again, how long before the stitches fall out...

Any help will be seriously appreciated
 
sorry i can't answer your questions, but shouldn't the doctor have told you these things? If not I would talk to the doctor and/or nurse.

you could try some neosporin or something similar with gauze wrapped around the head, I don't know if this is reccomended or not, but that's what we do for babies!
Iwork with newborns that get circ'd but don't know anything about older boys

Sorry, hope you feel better soon
 
Man, talk to your doctor ASAP about it. For one, I'd worry about an infection. For two, get some pain killers to get you over the hump. If your in that much pain, demand them. Don't feel like a criminal for asking for them. They have legitimate purposes and this sounds like one of them. There are pretty decent ones now that aren't quite as addictive as in the past. Just be very careful with them!
 
It's not constant pain, it comes and goes. An infection doesn't worry me as I've been keeping it very clean (washed everyday), but it's just the rubbing of the clothes on it thats the main issue, walking (for any length of time) and driving is going to be an issue, standing still and upright can also be a bitch.

've booked a doctors appointment for tomorrow morning (guess thats today for me) so I suppose i'm going to get 99% of my questions answered, I just wanted to get some firsthand information really, as information from your peers can often be more useful.
 
xxxbob said:
Wasn't sure to post this in the Cafe or not... who knows :( (long post sorry but please read and help)

Basically, I'm pretty damn miserable at the moment. Last Wednesday (about 5 days ago) I got circumcised. I had a slight phimosis of my foreskin which basically meant it couldn't be pulled back over the head of my dick. Five days on and I'm starting to get a little depressed about the whole thing and I have some questions that I'm hoping you guys might give me the answers to, as I'm after some.

Basically, it hurts. I can't walk without hands down my pants to stop the clothes rubbing, my erections are painful (and they seem to be coming more often at night) and pressure against the head is just not even funny :(.

I want to know how long it's going to take for it to stop being so bloody sensitive - I need to go back to University on Thursday (i've already had a week off) and quite frankly walking around is going to be a bitch. I can't take anymore time off. How long before I can wank, how long before I can safely see the girlfriend again, how long before the stitches fall out...

Any help will be seriously appreciated
I am quite sure it hurts, however, it is quite worth while. once healed you girl will not be able to keep her hands off of it or out of her mouth. Stay tough
 
Thats the kind of help I wanted :p. Looking on the internet it's been all circumcision bad this, circumcision bad that - I didn't have a choice in the matter (it had to be done for sexual health and medical reasons), so I'm glad to see it's going to work out fine.

I will report back once I know what the docs verdict is in terms of time to heal is.
 
Does this happen often that older men have to be circumsized?

I live in the US, and work with newborns and probably 90% of the babies are circ'd, and I've slept with A LOT OF MEN and ALL of them have been cut, I've never even seen an uncut penis in person.

Anyway, if I ever have a baby boy, I was going to choose NOT TO HAVE him circ'd cuz I dont think it's necessary.

I know in other countries it's not as popular as here in the US
 
naughtygirl69s said:
Does this happen often that older men have to be circumsized?
i'm i the US as well, and wouldn't let my son be circumcized when he was born. If you actually do your research you'll find out that:

a) most uncircumsized adults do not need to have it done, with the exception of those with health problems directly pertaining to the foreskin
b) leaving the foreskin intact might help ward off infections (not STDs)
c) it can be more pleasureable for both partners during sex

No, it's not all that common, though.
 
It's probably too late, but get the painkillers and ask if you can use some kind of topical anesthetic cream or spray. Also, I know with many procedures they can give you an injection of local anesthetic that will keep it numb for days...maybe that's an option?
 
1: Do not masturbate without lots of lubrication. The scar tissue is very subject to tearing for quite a long time.

2: Sterile cotton wrap with topical anesthetic will reduce the pain and sensitivity.

3: The sensitivity will last for several months, at least.

A very good wanking Buddy of mine almost bled to death when he tore the scar tissue jerking it without lube as he had always done before.

It will always be a bit more sensitive than it was.
 
Not much to add, it'l take 5 - 10 days to heal completely. I used a vibrator to jack off for a while :) Fortunately they didn't remove all my foreskin, i have 75% off it still, it cured my condition(same as yours) but i can still jack off normally. :nana: I never understood why so many americans was circumsized until a read that some surgeons managed to convince the population that uncircumsized boys had a much larger risk of getting penile cancer (100% bullshit). Well they have made a lot of money on that since. :mad:
For those that'll now come running ad yelling "but it IS true" i can tell you that most Danes are NOT circumsized and penile cancer is VERY rare over here.
 
OK Its been a long long time since I was circumsized (I was just an infant). But I can tell you from experience, having had surgery in that area that you want to restrict the motion to a minimum.

First off, get pain killers. Thats going to be your life saver.

Second, and this is going to sound funny. But get yourself a pair of tight briefs and some sanitary napkins. The idea here is to use the napkin to provide some padding and the briefs will bind the area keeping the motion to a minimum.

For myself it was swelling that was the biggest problem. I honestly thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with nuts the size of coconuts. Tighty whiteys kept the area from being irritated by outside clothing, the napkin will absorb any blood that might leak.

As far as sex goes, forget it about for a couple weeks. Basically if you can rub your dick without lube and have no pain, you're ready to start having sex again. If the area is sore, or too senistive, then you're not ready.
 
Sometime back someone I know got a bad cut on his finger that he complained about hurting considerably. I suggested that cutting the finger off at it's base would rid him of the pain from the cut. :D

Sorry. I just had to. I'll go away now.

:cool:
 
Ok guys, thanks for a lot of the help - I just got back from the doctors and he said that everything is healing well. The stitches will drop out within 2 weeks (it's been almost a week already), which is good. I will be able to walk normally around the same time. Apparentley it's not that swollen (it's looking pretty sorry for itself at the moment!) but there is swelling there.
The doctor said that they don't issue antibiotics as a precaution, only as a cure. I am on painkillers (strong paracetemol about 4 times a day) which keeps the pain down, but I've been able to half my dose as it's already feeling better. Next step is walking normally and the stitches falling out.

At the risk of this turning into a circumcision good vs bad thread - I only had it for medical reasons, but I'm not sure of the percentage of UK males that have been cut.
 
The stitches will falling down for about 1 week after you have the operation,
almost 2 weeks after the operation i can wank (lol), at first it's so sensitive but after several days, everything ok, and it's cool ... lol..
 
xxxbob said:
Wasn't sure to post this in the Cafe or not... who knows :( (long post sorry but please read and help)

Basically, I'm pretty damn miserable at the moment. Last Wednesday (about 5 days ago) I got circumcised. I had a slight phimosis of my foreskin which basically meant it couldn't be pulled back over the head of my dick. Five days on and I'm starting to get a little depressed about the whole thing and I have some questions that I'm hoping you guys might give me the answers to, as I'm after some.

Basically, it hurts. I can't walk without hands down my pants to stop the clothes rubbing, my erections are painful (and they seem to be coming more often at night) and pressure against the head is just not even funny :(.

I want to know how long it's going to take for it to stop being so bloody sensitive - I need to go back to University on Thursday (i've already had a week off) and quite frankly walking around is going to be a bitch. I can't take anymore time off. How long before I can wank, how long before I can safely see the girlfriend again, how long before the stitches fall out...

Any help will be seriously appreciated

Oh boy! If you still have stitches in that sucker, don't you dare jerk off or have sex. When I was married, I wanted my husband to get circumsized, and he did. We were told not to have sex for 4 weeks. My crazy husband insisted on screwing in 2 weeks, and ended up at the hospital getting his head sewn back on. The stitches came out, and half of the head of his penis was turned to the side. Or should I say broken, LOL?! On a serious note: it will take time. The doctor should've prescribed you some pain meds. If he wont, take tons of advil. Also, when you sleep at night, do it naked. You'll heal faster.
((hugs))
 
I've only ever done anything sexual with 2 guys...

16year old - Cut
44year old - Uncut

Any idea why this is? Is it their ages?
 
Been there bought the T shirt... had it done myself about 8 months ago. There are a few trricks to help, when at home/college, sit in a towel or some form of rap.I used a sarong. DO NOT use any cream!! Under no circumstance..(pardon the circ..) Apply gauze and try and form a bandage that will hold it in place. As for the stiches, after about 8-10 days, if your able take them out, if not then get someone else to do it for you. It will be nearly 2-3 weeks before you can go driving hard with it. It is well worth it as being blown now is better than it ever was.... just so you have something to look forward to!!
PATIENCE !! ;)
 
Whoa First Post

hey guys
just to add... i hated my foreskin and it was such an irritant when i used to get hard on the train and somehow my pubes get caught amongst it.. crap it felt like wire was cutting through my skin... Sucks


But for the past 2 months, ive kept it pulled back 24/7.... it was sensitive as hell but now it feels great cleaner and plus... blows feel damn much better... also somehow the foreskin's shrinking.. and stays pulled back even when soft...
Cool eh
the girlfriend loves it
 
VirginDebs said:
I've only ever done anything sexual with 2 guys...

16year old - Cut
44year old - Uncut

Any idea why this is? Is it their ages?

If I'm understanding this correctly, I do believe it's their ages, but at the same time it has a lot to do with religion, and how they were raised.
 
Well the younger guy doesnt really have a religion...and his family arent religious either so that doesnt explain why hes been cut.
 
VirginDebs said:
Well the younger guy doesnt really have a religion...and his family arent religious either so that doesnt explain why hes been cut.

If they're not religious should explain it. Google it to understand. Type in circumcision and religion. I'm too lazy :)
 
Back
Top