For Love or Money???

Seasidegal

Experienced
I've recently been made aware of a tricky situation that makes me ask myself- when considering your happiness and a future together- which is more important- Love or Money?... and which is EASIER to find???? Just curious as to the responses ill get....

Love is much harder to find....money is one of those that can indeed make your life better....but money cant buy love

Thank you, that was my feeling.... But apparently not "his"....
Glad to know I'm not alone. Maybe I'm too soft at heart??

If you have money it would presumably be much harder to give up than being poor, gaining love and still being poor/comfortable!

They are both hard to find!

Why do you have to choose?

Thank you, that was my feeling.... But apparently not "his"....
Glad to know I'm not alone. Maybe I'm too soft at heart??

nope not soft....you just believe what you believe...hang in ther eand stand by your beliefs

Poppadog- I was asked to provide or leave....

Sorry, wasn't judging you, please don't think I was.

It would be easy to say love over money but life is a bit more complicated than that isn't it?

You can spend all your time making money
You can spend all your love making time

Eagles - Take it To The Limit

Love is something that if REAL it will always seek out the best for all involved. Money however is something that can and has destroyed lives. Love in the true form could never destroy.

Poppadog- I was asked to provide or leave....

You were asked to provide the money or leave him?

Sorry dear, but a relation based on you bringing the money is not worth the trouble and heartsore it would bring you. Nobody should be in a relation just to bring the money.

I don't know that there's a right answer for that?

It sounds very simplistic to say you would choose love, but in reality that's not always possible. And even if you do choose love, the strain and stress and eventually the resentment of the other person will eat at that love.

Of course the ideal is if you have both love and money. And I'm not saying that money is more important than love, but each choice has it's own pitfalls and downside.

Money can't buy love, but also love doesn't pay the bills...

I guess I didn't answer the question, but to me it's like "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" There's no good answer

I don't know that there's a right answer for that?

It sounds very simplistic to say you would choose love, but in reality that's not always possible. And even if you do choose love, the strain and stress and eventually the resentment of the other person will eat at that love.

Of course the ideal is if you have both love and money. And I'm not saying that money is more important than love, but each choice has it's own pitfalls and downside.

Money can't buy love, but also love doesn't pay the bills...

I guess I didn't answer the question, but to me it's like "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" There's no good answer

Although what you said is true. Money should not be a condition of love! Real love will out last lack of money.

Although what you said is true. Money should not be a condition of love! Real love will out last lack of money.

I agree... my point was not that it should be a condition, but that it plays a role in the dynamic about how love evolves.

Trust me, I have been poor and in love. Some of the best times in my marriage was when we were first married and in college and lived off part time jobs and financial aid. But over time, I think that without growth (both on a financial level and a personal level) that things will begin to get strained and someone will be resentful.

I'm not saying that money is more important than love, but the OP indicated that it was get a job or leave situation, so I think that there is another issue at hand than just a simple choice of love or money...

OK but that is like saying that real life should not intrude on fantasy. It's all very loverly but entirely impossible.

I would agree as a principle but love and real life are intertwined and they both have to work together.

I agree... my point was not that it should be a condition, but that it plays a role in the dynamic about how love evolves.

Trust me, I have been poor and in love. Some of the best times in my marriage was when we were first married and in college and lived off part time jobs and financial aid. But over time, I think that without growth (both on a financial level and a personal level) that things will begin to get strained and someone will be resentful.

I'm not saying that money is more important than love, but the OP indicated that it was get a job or leave situation, so I think that there is another issue at hand than just a simple choice of love or money...

I concur. ;)

OK but that is like saying that real life should not intrude on fantasy. It's all very loverly but entirely impossible.

I would agree as a principle but love and real life are intertwined and they both have to work together.

Well I just believe that true love is unconditional. Not saying that money is not important.

Back