What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My final exam for Gothic Lit, which was only supposed to be 8 or 9 paragraphs long turned into 3 pages with out much effort. Though I did take the full 2 hours, and probably a bit more even.

Fark headline:

"2013 Miss Korea Contestants: [copy] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste] + [paste]"
Smile/Laugh from the Fark headline as much as the pic and the story itself.

Okay, if eight identicals are octuplets, what are 20? Ventiplets? Clones? Zombies?

THE MANUSCRIPT FOR THE SECOND BOOK IS OFF TO THE COPY EDITOR!!!!!!!

Oh man, I am zoinked. Not sure what to do with myself now. Clean this messy house? Drink wine? Eat cupcakes? Dance? Do my taxes?

How about...

*cartwheels naked across room while hooting like a mad woman*

Oh man, I am zoinked. Not sure what to do with myself now. Clean this messy house? Drink wine? Eat cupcakes? Dance? Do my taxes?

How about...

You knew this was coming, right? Pics, or it didn't happen. :D

How about...

Ditto.

LOL. Yep, knew that was coming.

I celebrated by showering (that is a treat, lol) and going to visit L on the jobsite with sugary goodies. Then I did something a very rarely do and bought myself a fast food lunch with fries and gravy and other disgustingness. It was horrible and decadent and I loved every minute of it. Although I feel like poo now. :rolleyes:

Ahh, it just feels good to be one step (and 621 pages!) closer. :)

I celebrated by showering (that is a treat, lol) and going to visit L on the jobsite with sugary goodies. Then I did something a very rarely do and bought myself a fast food lunch with fries and gravy and other disgustingness. It was horrible and decadent and I loved every minute of it. Although I feel like poo now. :rolleyes:

NOM, GRAVY FRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and congrats on finishing your draft, too. :p

It's a bit of a drive, but I have added a place to my Must Eat Here list that's closer to you than me: Dolls and Fries Food Truck. Next time you're in the mood... :D

It's a bit of a drive, but I have added a place to my Must Eat Here list that's closer to you than me: Dolls and Fries Food Truck. Next time you're in the mood... :D

Ooo! Cute truck!

NOM, GRAVY FRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and congrats on finishing your draft, too. :p

Thanks BB! The fries were yummy and worth the tummy ache. :)

The news gets better. We got our very first piece of actual fan mail through our website today!!!!!

Honestly, could this day get any better?

This lovely woman wrote a very long, very wonderful email extolling the virtues of the novel in great detail. She also wanted to know how soon the next one would be ready. Appropriate.

Man, I want to do cartwheels again! :D:D

Waking up to find the whole household had migrated to my bed in the middle of the night. Boyfriend sprawled across the blanket, youngin wedged between, one cat on the pillow above me, one on my chest, one beside my leg and one sprawled at my feet, and the dog snoring on my boyfriends pillow.... it was sooo peaceful...until the alarm went off, the dog barked sending the cats in multiple directions, the boyfriend fell off the bed and the kid stretched and hit me in the head. Gave me the giggles all morning. :rolleyes:

Waking up to find the whole household had migrated to my bed in the middle of the night. Boyfriend sprawled across the blanket, youngin wedged between, one cat on the pillow above me, one on my chest, one beside my leg and one sprawled at my feet, and the dog snoring on my boyfriends pillow.... it was sooo peaceful...until the alarm went off, the dog barked sending the cats in multiple directions, the boyfriend fell off the bed and the kid stretched and hit me in the head. Gave me the giggles all morning. :rolleyes:

That is cute :)

Watching the moon come up. It was a beautiful sight.

Morning coffee with a co-worker and watching him talk himself out of doing something he just decided to do. Some very amusing mental contortionist tricks going on there!

My daughter got a text from this creepy girl at school who thinks they're best friends. My daughter, fyi, is 14 and so's her friend. Her friend texted her that she's getting married. My daughter assumed she was joking, but her friend insists that her boyfriend, of three days who lives in KS (we live in OR), asked her to marry him and that they're getting married this summer!

My daughter said 'yeah, and what reality show is this going to be on?'

I spewed. I mean literally. I'd just taken a huge gulp of iced tea, and it ended up all over my steering wheel. We're lucky to be alive.

I spewed. I mean literally. I'd just taken a huge gulp of iced tea, and it ended up all over my steering wheel. We're lucky to be alive.

Good one, gracie! I remember those wistful days, just not so "cyberly creepy"
lol...

My daughter got a text from this creepy girl at school who thinks they're best friends. My daughter, fyi, is 14 and so's her friend. Her friend texted her that she's getting married. My daughter assumed she was joking, but her friend insists that her boyfriend, of three days who lives in KS (we live in OR), asked her to marry him and that they're getting married this summer!

Prediction from the great and mighty Seenitallknowitall: The KS boyfriend is 37, lives in his mother's basement after five years in prison and is a registered sexual predator.

Prediction from the great and mighty Seenitallknowitall: The KS boyfriend is 37, lives in his mother's basement after five years in prison and is a registered sexual predator.

Very possible. Her friend does attract creepy weirdo's.

And for today's smile from *me,*

H
O
M
E
!

for two and a half days before meandering back up to the back of beyond for more fun and games with the poison- and radiation pushers :rolleyes: Seriously, though, everyone in the two establishments (chemo and rads) is absolutely wonderful. They are cheerful, friendly, helpful - sometimes beyond the point of belief! - and always always always positive. If there are saints on this earth in the present day, these people are among them.

And now, it's just about time to go hug my pillow (and YK) for the night, and know that I'll wake during the night to find one to four cats sprawled around the bed with us. Yes, three permanent cats have become four. Cricket, our little terrier-bitten foundling last summer who at the time could sit quite comfortably in YK's hand and is now the largest of the four, despite the fact that he's only about 9 months old, wriggled his way into being *my* cat. For some reason, he finds my lap *just* the right place to be quite often while I'm in my recliner eating or watching TV. And he's good about begging... or not begging, rather. If I have food, he looks at it, looks at me, and if I say, "Mine," he just lies down and curls up in my lap, and is quite satisfied if I let him lick the plate/bowl afterward; and if I don't let him (ingredients, whatever), he doesn't get at all upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back