"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Twelve Oh, Desejo, Demure, n Tazz for comments on 'madness' I am still wondering if it is a ballad... I gave up counting beats and wrote what sounded right (or close to) in my thoughts
Harry
P.S. On to the next challenge????

Thanks to Tristesse for her mention of White Wolf in New Poems - I don't like it either and I agree it needs work. I had put in a note explaining that it was from the challenge and a condition of the challenge was to post it (which I did only to play fair) but the note was not posted online. Form poetry is not my forte and I didn't like what I came up with enough to perfect it. Sorry to waste everyone's time.

Thanks to Tristesse for her mention of White Wolf in New Poems - I don't like it either and I agree it needs work. I had put in a note explaining that it was from the challenge and a condition of the challenge was to post it (which I did only to play fair) but the note was not posted online. Form poetry is not my forte and I didn't like what I came up with enough to perfect it. Sorry to waste everyone's time.

Stop that this minute, it's a joy and privilege to read your work. White Wolf is atmospheric and very readable, it's only because you've produced better poems that I nit-picked.

Desejo, you are too modest (probably always have been) and Tristesse, you are an amazing contributor in terms both of comments and poetry. You are two of the writers who inspire me here, so . . . well some things just need said. Thank you both.

Desejo,

Your light shines bright!

You have been true to yourself.

You are good at being you, and that ( for many) is no easy task.

You and countless others here spread positive energy while reminding us to always look forward and UP!

Maria2394
Eve and Angeline, Tess and a couple others took me in and helped me so much.......

p.s.
I know beans about writing formal poetry, meanwhile
you set a good example of writing poetry about what you know
in good form

p.s.s ?
I bet Maria would say the same, only better!

:rose:

I do not

understand
how your few

words,
little bird

tracks
pressed into open

snow, stir
my dulled root

are you rain?

My personal interpretation of these "few words" lands well into the zone of erotic. ;)

Thank you Desejo for feedback on my recent poem.
A twenty-eight year relationship creates a vast amount of experience to draw/learn from.
(yes I was 18 when we met. barely lol)

Still love the one I'm with!

I appreciate comments and feedback.
Poetry can sometimes be case sensitive and in this case the interpretation was left too vague.
Sometimes my poems are based upon memories of times long ago.
Please consider that I was born in 1965, have memories dating back to before the age of 2 and at eighteen, met and am still with my best friend.
Life is good!

Thank you Desejo for feedback on my recent poem.
A twenty-eight year relationship creates a vast amount of experience to draw/learn from.
(yes I was 18 when we met. barely lol)

Last edited:
Tess, thank you for recommending my poem and thanks to those who commented. I'll always think of Boo as someone with great humor and eager to learn more more more. She is my kinda girl and writing the poem helped me deal with my sadness about her.

Thanks Desejo for recommending my poem "A Snowblind" and I liked your comment about making a word change and will do just that. Thanks to those for commenting as well. Much appreciated.

@ Ange, really, thanks for that poem for Boo, it really did resonate well with me. You're also right about writing a poem being a salve for grief. I've written many of those over the last few years and I do find it helps immensely. :rose:

Thank you to HarryHill and Desejo for their comments and votes on "Care".

Desejo-- a pantechnicon is current usage for a large lorry that will contain your whole life: ask any mover! Also, all the alternative words are very unspecific as to size or capacity. Besides, the word works rhythmically;)

Desejo-- a pantechnicon is current usage for a large lorry that will contain your whole life: ask any mover! Also, all the alternative words are very unspecific as to size or capacity. Besides, the word works rhythmically;)

Well. Maybe in the UK, In the US I am willing to be we just say "a big-ass truck" or something similar. Americans? Am I right? Or just uncultured? ;)

Well. Maybe in the UK, In the US I am willing to be we just say "a big-ass truck" or something similar. Americans? Am I right? Or just uncultured? ;)

"Care is a big-ass truck." Hmm, it has a certain something....;)

Thank you to HarryHill, Cinner and Tazz for your kind words on my Double Acrostic Tapestry :rose:

How long did it take to write that?
BY THE WAY...
Thanks to Ashesh9, MisterSade, and always Tazz317 for their comments on 'Three for Thee'...
The rest of you ..Phibbbitttt!

Last edited:
Thank you Tristesse2 for your comments and feedback.

Also thanks to HarryHill, Mo_B_Dick and Tazz !

:D

How long did it take to write that?
BY THE WAY...
Thanks to Ashesh9, MisterSade, and always Tazz317 for their comments on 'Three for Thee'...
The rest of you ..Phibbbitttt!

The Poem or this comment? I held off with the comment hoping I'd get a mention in despatches .......... the Poem not sure I had to go and cook dinner half way through!

The Poem or this comment? I held off with the comment hoping I'd get a mention in despatches .......... the Poem not sure I had to go and cook dinner half way through!

Love, Love, Loved the poem... was railing at the lack of interest in my submission... pretty fast then....sigh
despatches?

Love, Love, Loved the poem... was railing at the lack of interest in my submission... pretty fast then....sigh
despatches?

Sorry it is my bad I will go and find your poem immediately ....... I have read and remarked I hope it pleases :)

Last edited:
Thanks to Dora for the mention of "Carrion" in NPR as well as a belated one for "Pediatric Wing" and Desejo for "Curtains."

Thanks too to double H for his comments, Angeline, Sweet O. and the others.

You're right, Dora. This site keeps calling you back. Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego, AKA, 1201? I miss his acerbic wit and wisdom.

Last edited:
Thank you to Pandora for her recommend of "A Valediction:Forbidding Morning" and to SweetOblivion for the kind comment.

Btw, the submission process cut off my addendum, "With apologies to John Donne".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back