The Last Daughter of Krypton OOC

TearsoftheWorld

Radical Dreamer
This thread is an alternative story to Supergirl's origins. Kara was but a mere child while rocketing through space, chunks of her home planet following her ship as they shuttled towards a distant world. Life in Smallville was about to change. As the people went about their daily routines, their little world would be shaken as the meteor fragments rained down on their town, causing destruction and mayhem everywhere.

Driving home in their new truck, Jonathon and Martha Kent veered off the road in order to avoid a collision with one of the falling rocks. As they struggled to catch their breath, having panicked from the sudden events, their eyes watched as one of the mysterious meteors created an extensive but destructive path in the ground. Getting out of the truck, the Kent's ran over to the part where the meteor had finally stopped. Amidst the smoking ruins, they discovered something far more startling... a ship.​

Last edited:
The thread mostly deals with their lives during HS and after, much like the TV series Smallville. There won't be any sexual situations so I see no reason why the characters can't start off at say 15 or along those lines.

RebeccaRose said:
Any preferance on age, love?

Depends where we start off.

If we start off as freshman in HS then 14 or 15. Ages would obviously go up if we start at a later date, I haven't decided yet. Whatcha think?

TearsoftheWorld said:
Depends where we start off.

If we start off as freshman in HS then 14 or 15. Ages would obviously go up if we start at a later date, I haven't decided yet. Whatcha think?

Freshman would be a plan, I think. I mean we have the senior year in the other thread so yeah for this freshman year would be perfect I'm thinking. Although I don't kno if you want this to go beyong the high school setting like the more recent Smallville eps. If so perhaps a later year?

Its up to you entirely, hun. :kiss:

RebeccaRose said:
Freshman would be a plan, I think. I mean we have the senior year in the other thread so yeah for this freshman year would be perfect I'm thinking. Although I don't kno if you want this to go beyong the high school setting like the more recent Smallville eps. If so perhaps a later year?

Its up to you entirely, hun. :kiss:

Freshman year it is then. Need more players though =(

Hmmm...Kara would need a mentor, someone to help explain to her the concepts of her powers. Something similar to Jor-El in the Fortress of Solitude. (I guess it would be Zor-El in this instance, huh?).

I'm thinking something along the lines of a displaced Kryptonian, one left behind on a survey mission from long ago. He's not one to use his powers very often, if ever. Rather, he is somewhat of a recluse and desperately blends in with the populace of Earth as a computer programmer, librarian, or some other mundane job.

But when he learns of a few things from a farm in Smallville, like some symbols burned into a barn or something like that, he seeks out the source.

Or, if you just don't like this idea, I will resort to being the Voice of Zor-El in the Fortress.

What ya think?

AmenRa said:
Hmmm...Kara would need a mentor, someone to help explain to her the concepts of her powers. Something similar to Jor-El in the Fortress of Solitude. (I guess it would be Zor-El in this instance, huh?).

I'm thinking something along the lines of a displaced Kryptonian, one left behind on a survey mission from long ago. He's not one to use his powers very often, if ever. Rather, he is somewhat of a recluse and desperately blends in with the populace of Earth as a computer programmer, librarian, or some other mundane job.

But when he learns of a few things from a farm in Smallville, like some symbols burned into a barn or something like that, he seeks out the source.

Or, if you just don't like this idea, I will resort to being the Voice of Zor-El in the Fortress.

What ya think?

Voices in my head
These are
The voices in my head

lalala

Anyways, I like the idea of a displaced Kryptonian, he'd be able to teach her about her past and where she comes from, what powers she might be able to possess, etc.

Superman1496 said:
What if I want to join? What character can I be?

Well as far as defined roles go only Kara and Lex are taken. It'd be up to you whether you want to use someone already in DC existence or a custom character. There will only be two Kryptonians, if AmenRa decides to play one, so other than that the skies the limit.

Ok, then, a displaced Kryptonian I am.

Name: John Smith (original, huh?)

6ft, 200 lbs, black hair, dark eyes. Standard Kryptonian look, chiseled features and all that. Smith wears his hair long, dark clothes, kinda Goth, kinda just leave me alone. Works as a librarian at Central Kansas University.

He was stranded on Earth many, many years ago. He didn't really miss his bus, you might say, but he did commit a big no-no and got involved with a human female. Jor-El warned him about that. When she followed him to the landing site late at night, he came out of the hiding place where the survey team was waiting to be picked up and went back with her. He stayed behind so the team could get away without being detected. And they never came back for him. Not that he expected them to, and he was prepared to remain on Earth.

Besides, he could always see the red sun of Krypton in the night sky. Until one night, it wasn't there anymore.

Ok, what if we added other "heroes" from DC? Like, Bruce Wayne when he's the same age? What about that?

Back