"Doctor Who: Powers of Ten" (OOC)

“Not now! I am trying to think!”

Okay, Uumie. Seriously, I held my breath through that whole post and then when I got to that line I threw my fists in the air.

(By the way, count those.)

Seriously.

Oh, man, Lunar, your Jack is so on the moolah, and Var, your T'Pol is just a ball of surprises, this is going to be amazing.

Okay, I'll quit gushing now, I know that gets old, but damn.

Just to check here, Var.

Did T'Pol simply absorb a bunch of memories from The Doctor, or is she reading those from his mind from a distance? Did he accidentally activate some sort of latent non-contact telepathy, as can exist in Vulcans?

Only I noticed she picked up Jenny's silent comment about the interesting friends, and she didn't say that out loud...

Is it a combination of the two?

mostly T'pol's simply processing the info. Much like Renette. But Vulcan's are telepathic, usually touch. Assume the mind reading T'Pol just did will fade in a few minutes..a.. side effect of having a time-lord traipsing through your skull.

Otherwise it was ok?????

:(

mostly T'pol's simply processing the info. Much like Renette. But Vulcan's are telepathic, usually touch. Assume the mind reading T'Pol just did will fade in a few minutes..a.. side effect of having a time-lord traipsing through your skull.

Otherwise it was ok?????

:(

That's perfectly fine!

I was going to make the Reinette comparison, too. Walking through doors in either direction...

Sybok had distance telepathy, I totally grok that.

If it makes you feel any better Var.... I almost had Donna commenting to Jenny's thought myself... until I realized it lacked parentheses.

If it makes you feel any better Var.... I almost had Donna commenting to Jenny's thought myself... until I realized it lacked parentheses.

:: sheepish ::

Sorry guys. I'll try to punctuate more explicitly.

(Oh man that sounded dirty.)

vXaOHlu.jpg

...I gots your "Who"/"Trek" crossover right here.

Last edited:
:: sheepish ::

Sorry guys. I'll try to punctuate more explicitly.

(Oh man that sounded dirty.)

Rule 34 demands it!

Colon trembled under the foreign feeling sheets as he waited. He'd never been to a brothel before. He wasn't sure what to expect beyond the bawdy tales he'd overheard. It was a stroke of luck finding those coins in the gutter and now. He was so excited, he was ready to burst into semi.

Then the door opened, illuminated a wide swath of the room. Colon drank in the sight of the barely covered, curvy number before him.

"Hi." she said. "I'm Percentage."

well, my primary comp just kicked it. reformating the drive and what=not now. meens i lost all my links.. a ton of pictures. some stories.. including my Lana/Chloe story i was writing with a certain sexy lady.

sigh... i can't believe the amount of bad luck i've had lately..

there is a scene in one of tennet's episdes. All the doctors introduce themselves.. and a lot of the companions say his name as well.. a LOT of them.. all saying "Doctor"

that's what i was thinking of when i wrote that T'pol scene..

Rule 34 demands it!

Colon trembled under the foreign feeling sheets as he waited. He'd never been to a brothel before. He wasn't sure what to expect beyond the bawdy tales he'd overheard. It was a stroke of luck finding those coins in the gutter and now. He was so excited, he was ready to burst into semi.

Then the door opened, illuminated a wide swath of the room. Colon drank in the sight of the barely covered, curvy number before him.

"Hi." she said. "I'm Percentage."

I'd like to calculate the absolute value of that, if you derive what I'm saying.

(Oh, man, talk about the lowest common denominator.)

This made my night, Uumie. As usual. XD

well, my primary comp just kicked it. reformating the drive and what=not now. meens i lost all my links.. a ton of pictures. some stories.. including my Lana/Chloe story i was writing with a certain sexy lady.

sigh... i can't believe the amount of bad luck i've had lately..

:: quietly :: This too shall pass, Var.

And there will always be more story where that came from. Don't you worry.

I can't do much for the pictures or the links, and I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

But I can help you find more story where that came from.

there is a scene in one of tennet's episdes. All the doctors introduce themselves.. and a lot of the companions say his name as well.. a LOT of them.. all saying "Doctor"

that's what i was thinking of when i wrote that T'pol scene..

I kind of saw that "thanks for the memories" music video.

:: frowns, though :: Man, what episode was that in? That's gonna bug me. "The Next Doctor" had glimpses of their faces in the infostamps, the older Docs. And there was The Journal Of Impossible Things, with sketches of some of them...

Lord, what was that in?

Last edited:
Foooooooooooor the record.

I have, to my shame, not heard any of the audio plays, nor read any of the novels, and have only seen a few of the comic books here and there. So most of this will be derived from that which is seen on the telly.

Much as I have started to loathe the idea of "canon," that's what I'm most familiar with, so I'm going to have to stick to that like glue. Episodes of "DW," and "Torchwood," and "The Sarah Jane Adventures."

There are exceptions, of course. The novel "Justicia" is explicitly referenced in Series One, and material from that is mentioned in the reference book "The Time Traveller's Almanac." So that's in, I just need to read it. Also, the fact that there used to be a Torchwood "Five" in India, in one of the audio plays, I like that idea so I'm stealing it. As for Torchwood Four, well, we'll get into that.

Bearing that in mind, if there's material addressed in any of the spin-off material that you'd like to re-address or take into another direction, please let me know and we can bandy those notions about. The place we're going next is kind of like that, an idea that's (sort of) been done before by Big Finish, though I had my idea for our next story arc before I knew Big Finish had (sort of) done it, and I think my take on it is sufficiently divergent that it's still worth doing.

That kind of ties in with the "spirit animal" question.

And I would kind of like those selfsame animals to be just... animals, yeah? Not mythological creatures, like dragons-- sorry Var --they can have symbolic implications, ties to mythology, spiritual iconography, Jungian archetypes, what have you. But bird, bee, moose, squirrel, that sort of thing.

Any creature that lives or has lived on the planet (or planets, heh, Var) of your character's origin. Fair game.

And, speaking of origins, let's see here...

Once the dust has settled from this little "Reunion Tour" prologue-kinda-arc thing, once we move into the first big story, I think I'd like us to put up character profiles after all. I'll put up examples for my Lord, Lady, and Feline when I get a chance, probably this weekend. If that's okay?

Anyway, this'll be strongly encouraged but not required.

I think that's it? I'll shut up now.

tardis.wikia is my friend tardis.wikia is my friend tardis.wikia is my friend *continues to mumble this mantra to herself*

For my part I've only seen all of New Who tv series, all of Torchwood, the first season of Sarah Jane(If someone can give me reliable links to the next two I would be delighted), and only a bit of that animated horror(I have no idea exactly why I find it cringe worthy but I do) with Ten and Martha running around on random adventures.

as for spirit animals.... I'm still kind of hanging on to a badger.... cute and cuddly it may look but they've been known to take on bears for goodness sake

tardis.wikia is my friend tardis.wikia is my friend tardis.wikia is my friend *continues to mumble this mantra to herself*

For my part I've only seen all of New Who tv series, all of Torchwood, the first season of Sarah Jane(If someone can give me reliable links to the next two I would be delighted), and only a bit of that animated horror(I have no idea exactly why I find it cringe worthy but I do) with Ten and Martha running around on random adventures.

as for spirit animals.... I'm still kind of hanging on to a badger.... cute and cuddly it may look but they've been known to take on bears for goodness sake

I've seen pretty much all of New "Who," some episodes of the classic series, all of "Torchwood," but nothing at all of "SJA" (though it occurs to me that the latter might be instant-viewable on Netflix). And I've seen "Infinite Quest," which did make me hurt pretty bad but at least Tony Head's voice was in it and that made me happy. ...but I haven't seen "Dreamland" yet.

Whenever there are blanks to be filled in, I've been consulting the aforementioned TARDIS Index File, tardis.wikia.com. My apologies in advance if I get anything wicked wrong.

I like the Badger for Donna, I really do. I remember reading the first "Redwall" back in grade school and Constance was my favourite character... XD

IDW is publishing an ongoing monthly! I have a couple of the one-shots, and they're pretty spiffy.

Also, Marvel UK had the rights back in the day, Doc Seven ran into Death's Head in their "Transformers" line.

Back