The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Earth Day Contest Support Thread

I have just hit the 'submit' button for another ineligible oggbashan story.

There are too few entries for this contest.

But both my stories are ineligible. I think this latest one would be a good contender for the Authors' Hangout Last Place (tm) Contest. It is in the fetish category but there isn't much fetish. :D

But both my stories are ineligible. I think this latest one would be a good contender for the Authors' Hangout Last Place (tm) Contest. It is in the fetish category but there isn't much fetish. :D

I just opened your first one to read during lunch. The bell rang before I read the first word. :mad:

Later...

I just opened your first one to read during lunch. The bell rang before I read the first word. :mad:

Later...

Thank you for getting back to it later, and for leaving a PC.

Thanks to others for their PCs (or to most of you :rolleyes:) even if I was away without internet connection and couldn't respond at the time.

Actually there was internet connection through the site's WiFi, but last time I used it, it took me weeks to get rid of all the crap it dumped on my laptop. Some of it was just their advertising, but some was really nasty trojans.

I played safe this time, and left my laptop at home.

[size=+2]ASSOCIATION of INDEPENDENT READERS (A.I.R.)[/size]

[size=+2] LIFETIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD[/size]

184_450pxStatue_of_a_Satyr_1.jpg

the [size=+2]:D MANU :D[/size] award

Nominations are now closed. Ballots will be going out to all paid up A.I.R. members by email this weekend.

PLEASE VOTE IF ELIGIBLE

Who will be our 24th MANU winner and join these giants of erotic writing...

[size=+2]the MANU
LITEROTICA’S LIFETIME ACHIEVMENT AWARD
[/size]

BarondeSade
BOSTONFICTIONWRITER
Colleen Thomas
Daniellekitten
DG Hear

Goldeniangel
Harddaysknight
Just Plain Bob
Many Feathers
masterhypnotist

nikki_2021
PacoFear
rgjohn
ronde
samslam

SamuelX
Sarahhh
scouries
Slickman
Tx_Tall_Tales

TryAnything
Wm_Sexpear
youbadboy

Better ineligible than illegible, like most of my stories!

Just a bump as we're in the home stretch now. Deadline for submission is April 13. :)

Just a bump as we're in the home stretch now. Deadline for submission is April 13. :)

Thomas Jefferson's birthday. He will be 271 on that day. (They don't let us forget such things around my part of the country.)

Yeah only five days left for new stories to appear and we only have 25 stories and four authors have a pair each.

Maybe there will be a rush on the last couple of days.

Earth Day is usually the lowest total, but not by this much.

I wonder how the "non forum" authors know when it is? Contests used to be advertised on the home page a few days before they started, but that's no longer the case

Yeah only five days left for new stories to appear and we only have 25 stories and four authors have a pair each.

Maybe there will be a rush on the last couple of days.

Earth Day is usually the lowest total, but not by this much.

I wonder how the "non forum" authors know when it is? Contests used to be advertised on the home page a few days before they started, but that's no longer the case

I'm writing a third to make up the numbers. :)

The last two contests, the forum has had to notice that the formal contest announcement wasn't up in order to get one posted, so maybe that has cut into the nonforum-member interest. I guess someone doing statistics of nonforum-member authors in the contest over time might reveal something on that. The chatter on the forum thread seems down too.

My stories in the contest are being brutalized in the ratings a bit more than usual, but the numbers of reads and favorite votes are way up, so I can take the contests for what they are/have become.

Doubt it.

At most, we're talking about a day or two. The front page notice was never changed until the contest page was created and populated ( which used to be midnight on the start date )

So we're not far off from the status quo of years gone by, even with those lapses.

The last two contests, the forum has had to notice that the formal contest announcement wasn't up in order to get one posted, so maybe that has cut into the nonforum-member interest.

You go OGG!

I couldn't if I wanted to. I've been fucking around with the same story for six weeks now. Its become a damn mission at this point.

I feel for you. I have over 100 pending, part-complete, stories sitting on my hard drive.

BUT - I have just hit the submit button for Earth Day story the third. Number two is still pending.

Watch this space for 'Escaping Cybele' and 'Earth Maiden'. Both are aimed at showing how to write unpopular stories that would be contenders for Last Place (tm) if I wasn't ineligible for that too. :D

My stories in the contest are being brutalized in the ratings a bit more than usual, but the numbers of reads and favorite votes are way up, so I can take the contests for what they are/have become.

Interesting, I'm seeing the same thing with my story. Last four votes gave a total of 6 points, so that's either three 1 bombs and one 3* or two 1* and two 2*. (from 122 votes and average 3.99 to 126 votes and average 3.91, if anyone wants to know). It will certainly be interesting to see where it ends up after the end of contest sweeps.

But lots of views (way past 22,000), so no complaint there. And the bad stuff hasn't moved on to my other stories, so that's something to be grateful for.

Interesting, I'm seeing the same thing with my story. Last four votes gave a total of 6 points, so that's either three 1 bombs and one 3* or two 1* and two 2*. (from 122 votes and average 3.99 to 126 votes and average 3.91, if anyone wants to know). It will certainly be interesting to see where it ends up after the end of contest sweeps.

But lots of views (way past 22,000), so no complaint there. And the bad stuff hasn't moved on to my other stories, so that's something to be grateful for.

Just wait until the 11th hour, right before the end of the contest. There's always a surge of suspicious voting at the last moment.

The crap votes rarely survive the sweeps.

The good news is that if your other stories aren't being screwed with, it's just contest B.S. and not someone having developed a personal vendetta. So, once the sweeps run, you should be left with a net gain.

I've already seen my share of suspicious voting. :rolleyes:

So if Laurel follows her pattern tomorrow morning we may see some stories, but then every thing else on Monday

My third (and last) ineligible entry: http://www.literotica.com/s/earth-maiden

has started with a 1 vote. That could be genuine. It is an odd story. ;)

My suspicious votes are the other way around. For the category I feel my vote total is far to high. Either I manged to hit everything just right between title/tags/story etc.... or I'm being fucked with.

Also noticed I have maintained the same score for well over 200 votes. no raise or drop at all.

This contest reeks of Home is Where The heart is all over again for me. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Earth Maiden has had its second vote. The rating has improved from 1.00 to 1.5.

You can see why I have disqualified myself from the Last Place (tm) Contest. I'm too good at it. :D

Earth Maiden has had its second vote. The rating has improved from 1.00 to 1.5.

You can see why I have disqualified myself from the Last Place (tm) Contest. I'm too good at it. :D

Hey if you're going to be bad may as well be good at it.

Finished one & submitted it

I have two others about half done but won't make for this contest.
Please check mine out when it posts; I love feedback! It's called "Teasing Sister's Boyfriend"

Good luck all!

Didn't notice any new ones. Guess Friday/Saturday/Sunday submissions will all crop up on Monday.

I'm slightly puzzled.

I had an anonymous comment on each of my second and third Earth Day stories but both have been deleted by admin.

They were adverse comments, but not offensively so by the standards of anonymous. They gave a reason for the disapproval and were reasonably worded.

Was it that the particular anonymous was posting spam elsewhere and everything they posted was deleted?

It's odd.

Back