Soda Pop - The Next Tobacco?

People like you just can't stand freedom.

The dumbass motherfuckers and hoopleheads aren't real bright. What the world really needs are busybodies, common scolds, preachers and world-savers to protect them from themselves. Those people are morons and should be treated like 8-year olds.

The dumbass motherfuckers and hoopleheads aren't real bright. What the world really needs are busybodies, common scolds, preachers and world-savers to protect them from themselves. Those people are morons and should be treated like 8-year olds.

That's what I thought. :)

If you say so. :)

If you say so. :)

You're the quitter, I'm still here.

Prove I lied or own what you've said in the thread......any time you want and the discussion can continue.

I'm going to go make some more ritas.....bbs!! :)

You're the quitter, I'm still here.

Prove I lied or own what you've said in the thread......any time you want and the discussion can continue.

I already have. You can't admit it. It's right up there.

Dude... you're being a child.

For the reading impaired:

Originally Posted by adrina View Post
Why is the concept of responsibility only applied to the individual person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
Because that's generally the only place it resides or matters.

I am tired of your games. And if it takes me walking away and giving you the last word so that your penis feels properly long enough and you feel like you've won, I don't really care at this point. If that's how you feel you need to win - ignore points, lie about what you've said and be doggedly stubborn in the face of reality just trying to get the last word... please take the last word. Have it, hug it tight to your chest and cherish it.

Have a good time.

J32wgXN.jpg

This book is about the great moral issues underlying many of the headline-making political controversies of our times. It is not a comforting book but a book about disturbing and dangerous trends. The Quest for Cosmic Justice shows how confused conceptions of justice end up promoting injustice, how confused conceptions of equality end up promoting inequality, and how the tyranny of social visions prevents many people from confronting the actual consequences of their own beliefs and policies. Those consequences include the steady and dangerous erosion of fundamental principles of freedom -- amounting to a quiet repeal of the American revolution.

Both make sense.

I already have. You can't admit it. It's right up there.

No it's not.

For the reading impaired:

Originally Posted by adrina View Post
Why is the concept of responsibility only applied to the individual person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BotanyBoy View Post
Because that's generally the only place it resides or matters.

Yea so?

I didn't lie.

I am tired of your games. And if it takes me walking away and giving you the last word so that your penis feels properly long enough and you feel like you've won, I don't really care at this point. If that's how you feel you need to win - ignore points, lie about what you've said and be doggedly stubborn in the face of reality just trying to get the last word... please take the last word. Have it, hug it tight to your chest and cherish it.

Have a good time.

Sexist much?

I was just hoping you'd explain yourself and you went right to how I feel about my penis, which is rather neutral.

LOL were you raised by a Trump or something?

I equate it more with banging head against brick wall. Fuckers are thick as a brick!

If only you knew...

There are notions you are either unable or unwilling to click on. The summary of which preserves a better living standard by each knowing what's best for them and not blaming their lack of effort and/or education on pop & tart producers; nor tobacco for that matter.

Your Islamic ideology way of life is retarded, and only leads to regress. Try and figure how that is through your 'highly fluid brain'. :rolleyes:

The warning/recycling label? Christ. Batshitboy gets dimmer by the day.

It's an interesting problem. First, the big players in the industry are fuckin' weird and out of touch with reality. When you host Coke for a meeting, you are expected to remove any Pepsi products from the premises and line up rows of the dark stuff, Sprite, and Fanta. Vice versa if it's Pepsi visiting. It's ridiculous, and everything I hate about #brands. There is this creepy-as-fuck world domination vibe that permeates their ethos.

Check out this absurd Pepsi brand doc from their gazillion dollar logo redesign.

They are delusional and evil and so so so so so fucking rich.

Anyhoo, I do tend to err on the side of individual responsibility here and I'm skeptical about how much the gov could do. If you throw warnings on everything, they start to mean nothing, and nuance and long-term consequences are not super effective at changing someone's behavior in the moment.

That said, it's an absolute no brainer that the stuff shouldn't be in schools. Aside from that, I'd look to collective consumer power.

The warning/recycling label? Christ. Batshitboy gets dimmer by the day.

:confused:

Oh oh...you just wanted to talk shit.

Ok. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, I do tend to err on the side of individual responsibility here and I'm skeptical about how much the gov could do.

Now this new development into Phelia being an extreme reich winger is shocking.

I'd have lost had I bet on that.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have this really novel criteria for things I believe about the world - I expect them to be logical and supported by evidence. I recommend it!

Yeah, I have this really novel criteria for things I believe about the world - I expect them to be logical and supported by evidence. I recommend it!

Not me....it's all lies and irrelevant fuckery.

Evidence is manufactured all day every day and logic is flawed by emotion for even the most vulcan of us.

Sweetened carbonated beverages, aka Colas, orange, grape, lemon-lime in various brands:

I don't drink them and haven't for a great many years. I do drink the unsweetened flavored carbonated waters and sometimes the Gatorade/Powerade type drinks.

I would be OK with sodas being removed from SNAP/EBT eligibility as long as they left the others. In limbo are the ginger ale and seltzer type sodas; flavored, but not overly sweetened.

Not noted in the thread that I've seen so far is that soda sales are down quite a bit from previous years while flavored water and juice sales are up.

:cool:

No need for Nazis, right? ;)

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
C.S. Lewis

Back