With Friends Like These

ModelByDesign

Virgin
Joined
Dec 4, 2012
Posts
1
Please PM me for interest in joining the story as the Merchant Killer. :)

Catalina Rivera was perhaps one of the most feared female Assassin's since time began. She had trained beside the greatest of men, learned her craft and ultimately became one of the most deadliest women in the country. With that in mind, Catalina had fears of her own. She was wanted dead by a lot of people who were rich enough to hire a lot of muscle to get the job done. Equally, she was wanted for a lot more than just her dead body. Keeping her body very much alive was seen as better than having her dead and the prize in coin was immense compared to if she was caught and slaughtered in the bare hands of men. Speaking of such things, Catalina was taking care of business as always. She had a contract to fulfill by the time the week was up and she had no intentions of missing her opportunity. She was sent to kill a villainous merchant who thought himself better than most. He was corrupting all the people in the surrounding lands and Catalina was sent to put a stop to such madness. She had never liked the man, yet nor had she cared to take notice in his bad deeds. Today, however, was the day his deeds would come to a short and sharp end. She counted on it.

He was said to be quite young for a man in such power, though Catalina still didn't hesitate. She had a job to do and she needed the money it would bring once her kill was made. Her hypnotic green orbs scanned the area as she remained perched upon one of the many nearby rooftops. Her favorite dagger was shielded in its sheath and ready to be used. She waited as an Assassin would until she would strike down upon him. She was dressed in light attire, easy to maneuver in which made it easier to escape once the kill was made. Though, things were proving more difficult than she had first assumed. It had been a mistake on her part, though she didn't falter. The merchant was surrounded by guards, many of them, more so than usual. Had he been tipped off as to her expected arrival? Though, she had only told those who needed to know. Her green eyes narrowed into slits, her facial expression remained as focused as ever as her eyes stalked his every last movement.

Her heartbeat was racing as he stepped out onto the balcony of his manor. He had guests in the courtyard, but they did not matter to her. Her eyes never left him as he paced up and down on the balcony with guards either side of him and two stood behind to keep watch. She could have made a giant leap of faith and landed the dagger straight through his heart, but the townsfolk didn't need to witness such a thing. She was all about protecting the innocent, as that was her creed to stand by at all times. Though, it wasn't making it any easier on her. This had to be her hardest contract yet and even some of the earlier ones had proved a challenge so this certainly wasn't looking too good on her she would have to admit.

She soon decided against the obvious option of slaughtering the merchant killer in cold blood in front of everyone who was watching him currently. That just wasn't a good move to be thinking of. No, she straightened up atop of the roof and looked down at him, much like he was doing towards the townsfolk right now. She began to head towards the rooftop and down the wooden ladder she had made for herself, though what came next was much to her surprise. Four armed guards soon surrounded her dressed in heavy armor. How could this be? She wanted to take them on but soon found a blow to the back of the head had stopped her in her train of thought. She fell hard upon the dusty ground until two of the guards carried her off towards the back of the merchant's manor. She had completely blacked out for a good hour until she finally began to come round and as she opened her dazzling green eyes, the sight she saw before her wasn't a welcomed one for sure as the merchant killer stood before her; alone.
 
The merchant killer had made it a point to place fear into the hearts of everyone that lived in "his" town. His rules were the only rules to be followed. And his law was the only law. Anyone who seemed to disagree, or not abide by one of his requirements would soon find themselves dead. He had no issues in killing someone himself or sending one of his bodygaurds to fulfill the task. It had however come to pass that he received word that over the last couple of weeks, someone had put out a bounty on his head. He had sent his bodygaurds throughout the town to question the townsfolk regarding this. No one had seemed to know any information. Surely everyone in his town were too afraid to even think of trying such a matter. This must have came from the next town over.

Living in his manor, he had begun keeping more armed gaurds inside of his estate. The townfolk would never see these actions. While he would never show any inkling of fear over the situation, it was constantly circling in his head. Never knowing when or how someone may try to carry out the hit.

From his upper floor, he would watch through the windows. Looking over the rooftops and searching the streets below, looking for anything that would seem suspicious to him. Finally on this late afternoon, as the sun was beginning to fade. He stood in his study and gazed out over the town as was is usual actions as of late. He caught a glimpse of a smaller figure atop one of the rooftops clsest to his home. 'My my' He thought to himself. 'Could this be the feared assasin I have been waiting on?' He turned and called a group of his most trusted gaurds together. Without giving it away that he had seen the assasin, he ordered his gaurds to make their way to the building and capture him. Unknowing that the assasin was instead a female.

Once his gaurds were dispatched, he watched the rooftop closely giving his gaurds enought time to quietly reach the building. Once sufficient time had passed, he walked to his balcony doors and swung them open, careful not to look up again giving it away that he knew. He walked the length of his balcony with his lighter gaurd detail as he looked over the town and his courtyard, feeling much better that this situation was beginning to turn in his favor.

He returned to his study from the balcony and his gaurds eventually made their way back to him, informing him that the assasin was captured and tied to a chair downstairs. He said nothing. He simply looked at them and nodded his head and began making his way into the basement. He walked down and saw his gaurds standing on either side of a door. He walked up still without saying a word, one gaurd turned and unlocked the door and pushed it open. He stepped inside as the gaurd pulled the door closed again.

The assassin was sitting in the chair with his arms pulled behind the chair, wrists together and tied down. As well as his arms, his legs were tied to the legs of the chair. He looked at the form sitting and thought 'Such a small frame for a assassin.' He walked up and lifted the head up and looked into the assassin's face and smiled to himself as he saw it was not a man, but a woman instead. As he did so, he saw her eyes beginning to flutter open and he stepped back. She opened her eyes and looked at him. As she looked at him, he returned her gaze and looked into her green eyes. "Well, well. You are the feared assassin sent to end my life hmmm? Please allow me to formally introduce myself. My name is Stephen Duckett."
 
Catalina winced as the delayed pain from being hit on her head surfaced. She glared at the man before her, eyes taking in every minute detail about him. The clothes he wore, the confident way in which he held himself, and surprisingly attractive. Catalina frowned, not that things like that mattered. The blow to her head was obviously clouding her judgment. Her eyes narrowed at his introduction, this man obviously thought himself to be the most important man that ever lived. Catelina cocked her head, sarcastically mirroring his tone "Stephen Duckett hmmm? Funny...Of all the names I've heard you being called...that's not one of them. Assassin? But sir, I was merely taking a leisurely stroll along the rooftop." She smirked, flexing her hands behind her back. Testing the bonds that held her for any weaknesses.

There was no point denying that she was an assassin, the man wasn't an idiot or he wouldn't have made it this far without being killed already. There was alot of secrecy involved in what she did, she hadn't even met the person who wanted this man killed. The money and the contract had exchanged hands through a 3rd party. She always demanded half before and half after she was done. After all, there was no other assassin as skilled as she was. And people knew that. They trusted in her abilities. Which was why she felt infuriated and extremely embarrassed to be sat, bound to a chair with a man as her captor. No man or woman had ever gotten the better of her. Sure, there were times in the beginning where she'd almost been caught...but she'd learnt. She'd also learned to harden herself but god knows why but this man had instantly gotten to her, and he had but spoken a few words! Catelina's eyes flicked back to his, letting the deaths of her countless contracts bleed into the gaze.
 
He stared into her eyes waiting for her vision to clear even more so he could have her undivided attention. As soon as he felt her looking clearly at him, he turned and began pacing back and forth noticing her eyes watching him. She began speaking of the names he had been called and he interrupted her. "Haha. My dear girl. Do you really think I could give two shits about what you have heard me being called? After all, sticks and stones and what have you."

He began circling her and the chair as she began talking again. As he listened to her blatant lying, he could feel his anger creeping up his neck and into his face. He circled back around and stopped in front of her with his side facing her. Just as she finished her lies, he swung his arm and his hand landed against the side of her face, toppling her and the chair over on their sides.

He turned and knelt down to her, wrapped her hair in his hand and bent her head around to face him. "You come here with your lies and your kill orders and you end up here in my basement." He sneered at her. "You will tell me who you are as well as who sent you before long. Or you will die. Not by my guard's hands, but by mine. You think you are the first to threaten my life?"

He dropped her head back to the cold basement floor and rose to his feet. "You can call for me when you are ready to tell me what I want to know." With that, he turned and began walking towards the door.
 
Catalina stayed as still as she could in her chair as he circled her. Although it killed her to not be able to see him behind her, and as soon as he was in her line of sight she stayed on him. Of course he didn't care about the name calling. What arrogant man would? Catalina didn't see his fist coming but she felt it as pain exploded in her cheek, the sound echoing around the room. Grimacing as the back of her chair hit the floor. An involuntary groan leaving her lips as she had no way to break her fall with her hands tied.

Catalina clenched her teeth as he pulled her back by her hair, her eyes met his trying so desperately not to show any sign of pain or weakness. His words sinking in and sending a cold chill through her bones. She'd never been captured before, never known how she'd deal with the situation. She hissed in pain and anger as he dropped her head back. Catalina tried to stay silent, she really did but she couldn't help herself the man infuriated her.

"You will be waiting a long time for me to call your name Duckett! So go fuck yourself!"
 
Stephen smiled as he knocked and the guards opened the door. He began stepping through the doorway and stopped, turning sideways speaking to the guard so this assassin could hear. "Leave her just as she is. No food. No water. Nothing. I will return later."

With that, he stepped further forward then turned again and slammed the door shut himself. He again turned to guards. "Only if she calls for me are only one of you to leave this door." He turned and slowly walked off and began climbing the stairs back up into the house.

Thoughts were circling in his head wondering just who it was that had hired this girl to come after him. Of course this wasn't the first time he had been a target, but it was the first time a girl had been sent after him. He would give her a while and if force and desertion didn't convince her to talk, then he would use alternate routes.
 
No food or water? Shit. If there was one thing Catalina could not live without, it was food. She hoped her stomach would not betray her. She had to be strong or the bastard would win He hadn't even righted the chair and the stiffness and pain were already seeping into her bones, the cold floor not helping the situation. The sound of the door slamming echoed around the room. You'd think growing up in a poor household would have gotten her used to being hungry. But her parents had worked endlessly and the food that they had they would give to Catalina and keep next to nothing for themselves. She had always been a big eater, and as she'd become more skilled at being an assassin she had been able to raise her pay. Which meant more food, it was amazing that she kept in such good shape. But running and evading capture would do that to you.

Hours dragged passed and she hunger creep into her stomach and get worse and worse until it was gnawing at her. She hadn't eaten since breakfast the day before. She hadn't had the time, it had taken all her concentration and planning to work out how she was going to get inside this building. And she'd been carried in unconscious! She knew this man could have her killed without thinking twice. And to be fair she would have done the same to him for the money. But this was torturous. The longer time dragged on the more she thought of food,,,and water. And the pain and stiffness were causing her back to seize up in burst of pain now and again.

What felt like 10 hours in she broke. "DUCKETT!" she yelled, her voice breaking half way through. Catalina hated sounding weak. Hated that he had something to gloat about. But she was desperate.
 
In the early morning hours, Stephen heard footsteps running through the house headed towards his study where he spent most of his time when not sleeping. Sleep has escaped him tonight with the constant thinking about who and where she had come from. Then, there were knuckles falling against the door. He walked over and swung it open to see one of the guards standing there. "Sorry for the disturbance sir, but the girl is calling for you."

A smile crossed his face. "Very good. I will be there soon." With that, the guard turned and ran off again. Speaking to no one, he said "well, that didn't take as long as expected." He pulled the door closed behind him and headed downstairs. He stopped along the way and grabbed a glass of water.

He reached the door and nodded and the guard opened the door. He stepped through and the door closed. There she was still laid over on the floor. He pulled a small table over in front of where she was and set the glass of water in the middle of it. He walked around and set her and the chair back up and then walked around to face her.

"Hello again, my dear. You called for me?"
 
When Catalina thought she was just about to love her mind to insanity, the door opened and shut. Although she couldn't see him, she knew it was Stephen. The bastard had taken his sweet time to get down here, probably enjoying the fact that she'd given into hunger and pain. It killed her to be so weak. But she'd never been in captivity because she'd avoided capture. She'd was so good at her job that some called her ghost. She'd slip in, do the job and disappear before they even knew she'd been there. But if her enemies could see her now.

Catalina hear the sound of scraping as something was dragged towards her, and suddenly she was being righted, the blood in her bound arms rushing back causing a her to feel dizzy for a moment and shut her eyes to block out the little spots in front of her eyes. Her eyes followed him as he walked to stand in front of her, zoning in on the glass of water on the table and then flicking back to his.

"You know I called for you or else you wouldn't be here surely?" Even in her desperate state there was fight in her words. And she just couldn't let go and let him win. "I will give you my name if you are so desperate to know it...but that of the person who wants you dead...I cannot give as I cannot tell you something I don't know myself." Catalina swallowed, the dryness in her throat making it hard. "I will give you my name...but I cannot speak so much with a dry throat."
 
Stephen leaned on the edge of the table as he watched her gaze shift from him to the water and back. "My dear, of course I know you called me. Just as much as I know you see temptation sitting here on the table beside me."

He picked up the water and tilted the glass so that some spilled out onto the floor. "Oh my. What a waste." He smiled a sinister smile at her. "You see, I believe that you know more than what you are trying to tell me."

He leaned towards her. "Let's begin, shall we?" He held the glass to her lips and allowed her to take a small sip then pulled the glass away. "Ahh, there we go. Much better hmm? You give me information and you receive another sip. You avoid my questions, it gets wasted onto the floor, like so." He tipped the glass again and poured half of it out.

"What is your name and why have they sent you instead of someone more reliable?"
 
Catalina watched like a hawk as he picked up the glass, her tongue slipping out to wet her bottom lip almost subconsciously. Her eyes widened and then narrowed as the water seeped into the cracks on the floor. Resisting the urge to shudder at his smile. Catalina's whole body tensed as he leaned in close to her, resisting the urge to flinch almost expecting him to backhand her again. Catalina hesitated for a second as the glass touched her lips before opening her mouth, the cool liquid running down her throat but not doing much to quench her thirst before the glass was pulled away. She resisted the urge to scream in frustration as half of the water was tipped to the floor.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to push the anger down that threatened to overwhelm her, and through gritted teeth she replied, "my name is Catalina Rivera. And there is no better assassin than me, they knew the risk of me getting caught was great but it seems I was worth the risk. Most of my previous contracts have not felt the need to be so heavily guarded...they were confident in their ability to fight and to defend themselves. You were different." The meaning behind the words hung in the air, that she thought him weak. Catalina waited for her water.
 
"Ahhh, Catalina Rivera. Such a nice ring. I must admit, I do know of you. Your reputation precedes you. It is such a shame that we must meet under these circumstances. But as promised, another drink. After all, I am a man of my word."

He leaned forward to let her sip again. This one he allowed was smaller than the last before he pulled it away again. "But....what does bother me is that you think of me as weak." His tone had changed from calm to low and harsh and he began clenching his fist open and shut.

"These guards are not for my protection you poor, mistaken girl. These guards are simply for the fact that I usually do not keep time to deal with the likes of you. But in your case, I happen to make an exception."

His hand unfolded and he reached up and brushed his fingers across her face as his tone softened again. "Such beauty to be wasted in this line of work."
 
Catalina couldn't help the small rush of pride she got whenever anyone said that they had heard of her. She was proud of her reputation. she had worked hard at her work. Had been hurt many times with some of the contracts she'd carried out. But again to be captured was a first. She wallowed the water greedily, gasping as it was pulled away with her barely getting much water. Catalina's eyes flicked to his fist as he clenched and unclenched. Shifting slightly in the seat, bracing herself...But for what? She obviously got to him, and hopefully it would make him act foolishly and that was when she would strike perhaps.

"Methinks the man doth protest too much." She quipped, unable to stop her lips curling up slightly. But she flinched back as his hand came towards her face, the smile slipping instantly. Frowning at his words, she had thought the same of him...why was it that good looking men wanted to rule over everything? And were so desperate for power? Her eyebrow quirked, trying not to shiver as the hand caressed her inexperienced skin. Catalina had not had time for men. Other than killing them and the occasional woman, she had not partaken in actions of lust or love... His fingers along her skin caused her to blush slightly and she ducked her head in embarrassment.

"It is not a waste, I do not need beauty in the job that I do. As a matter of fact I know of no career in which beauty would be an asset. And women who have to rely on beauty to get by are idiotic. Not that you would know anything of idiocy." Catalina smirked, eyes locking with his- big mistake. Why had she not noticed his eyes before now? They were so intense, she felt as if they were reaching in and pulling out her most secret thoughts.
 
Stephen picked up quickly on her natural reaction to his light touch. A brief smile passed over his lips. He slid his fingertips down the side of her neck before pulling his hand away. "Oh, but my dear, beauty is always an asset no matter the line of work. You may refer to it as idiocy but great achievements can be obtained through beauty."

As their eyes met, he took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly then stepped forward towards her. He reached around and placed a hand on the back of her neck and brought the glass to her lips with the other. He let her empty the glass then spun and walked away. "I shall return shortly with a proposition for you." He walked through the door and again it shut. Without a slam this time.
 
A gasp left her lips as his fingers trailed down the side of her neck, her eyes fluttering shut for a second. Her pulse quickening and then all too suddenly his fingers were gone. Catalina swallowed hard, realisation dawning that this was going to be a problem... A very big problem. Violence she understood, she'd been around it long enough and it had become a part of her life. But this... Her traitorous body felt so responsive to every tiny touch. He planted on her skin.

Catalina felt trapped in his gaze and as he exhaled she found herself letting out her own shuddering breath. Her eyes widened as he stepped towards her and as she was bound to the chair she could not move away, her lips parted slightly as he held the back of her head the touch felt like it went straight through her body and she swallowed eagerly feeling like she'd been in the desert for weeks. A puzzled frown crossed her face at his words... A proposition? Was he not going to kill her surely? Before she could reply he was out of the room the door shutting behind him. Infuriating man! If he was going to kill her she'd rather be didn't drag it out like this. Catalina sat, contemplating what he could possibly have to proposition with.
 
About an hour had passed since Stephen had left the basement. He was debating with himself whether or not he should proceed with his thoughts. He knew Catalina's skill and while the kill wouldn't be easy, she would probably win in the end. No matter though, his mind was set.

He began his trek back to the basement with another glass of water and a knife sheathed to his hip. As he approached the door, the guards looked at him strangely. "Know your place gentlemen. Open the door."

He stepped through and walked over to where she sat still n thr chair and leaned again on the table. He saw her eyes fall across his naked chest and torso and then onto the knife at his side. He set the water in the middle of the table again as he looked at her.

"You have made it through the night and morning with nothing to eat. I told you I would return with a proposition. Your answer will depend upon whether you taste food again or remain here to die with even this water out of your reach."

He stopped long enough for her to think about what he said. "How much were you paid to come after me?"
 
Catalina felt the minutes dragging by each one a reminder of the hunger that still gnawed incessantly at her stomach and was driving her half mad. It was causing her stomach to cramp in pain. She wondered wha the rest of his house looked like, the basement itself was 3 times the size of anywhere she'd ever stayed in her life. But then she would never spend her money on petty things like expensive furniture and fancy rugs. But food... Food was always welcome. And right now she could do with a plate of it. She groaned, dreaming of food.

The door opened and her eyes shot to it, eyes widening to saucers as Duckett walked in topless. her eyes slid along his muscular stomach, nibbling in her lip, unable to think clearly and then she noticed the knife at his hip, frowning. Here eyes shot up at the mention of food. Could it really hurt to tell him how much she'd been paid? After all, she didn't actually know who had asked for him to be killed so telling him how much she had received wouldn't hurt.

Catalina eyed the knife, "500 to take the contract, 1000 when I kill you." She smiled at that. "Someone wants you dead...desperately. Now my turn- what's with the knife... And where did your shirt go?" Not that she was complaining but it was pretty damn distracting when she was trying to keep her wits about her.
 
Stephen's brow furrowed when she answered him. "1000? Surely my life, or death, is worth more than that. But...so be it." He rose again from the table and withdrew the knife. "Now that I have my answer, what shall I do?"

He leaned over and placed the point of the blade to her neck and stared into her eyes. "You are hungry, yes? Ahh. Listen to me. Of course you are." He slid the point around her neck as he circled her and stopped at the back. He pulled the knife away from her and dropped his hand, cutting the ropes that tied her to the chair. Then he walked back around to face her again.

"My proposition is not complete yet. It will continue upstairs. Derik will take you to a room to change and then you will join me to continue our conversation. If you try to escape, I know your name and your look. I will find you."

He walked to the door and once opened, he stepped through and Derik entered. He told her to come with him and led her to a room on the main level and stopped at the door. "Mr. Duckett has requested for you to dress in clothes he has prepared for you and I will take you to him."
 
Was he actually offended that someone did not offer her more for his death?! Surely he should be more offended that someone wanted him dead to begin with! He obviously had a big ego and there was no way she was going to stroke it. Why had he come to her topless? It was driving her slowly crazy, her eyes kept flicking glances at his bare skin when she thought he wasn't looking. After all, he was the first man she'd ever seen topless.

Catalina whimpered in alarm as the knife pressed to the soft skin at her neck, scared to swallow it was so close. He stated and she stated right back. If this was the moment he was to end her life she'd go down with dignity. But then she frowned at the mention of food once more, her body stiffening as the knife circled her neck, letting out the breath she was holding the moment it left her skin. And suddenly there was a tug and her arms and legs were free. Catalina rubbed her wrists where the rope had been for some time, wincing as the blood rushed back to them .

Catalina regarded him through narrowed eyes, wondering why he would suddenly trust her. Surely he knew that she would eventually kill him if he did not kill her first? It was what she knew. Catalina said nothing as he threatened her, knowing it to be true. And when derik led her to her room she remained silent. With an irritated sigh she went into the room and stated at the outfit on the bed. He must have been kidding?! On the bed lay a red gown, obviously fitted and cut low in the front- so low that her cleavage would be on display alotof cleavage. Catalina ran her hand across the fabric, gasping at the luxurious material. Surely it wouldn't kill her to put it on? She'd been in the clothes she was in for too long now and they felt grimy on her skin.

With a sigh she began removing her clothes, they were quite masculine and his the soft supple curves of her body. Her body was slim from fight training and her breasts although much more than a handful- weren't huge and worked with the rest of her body. It was a body she was proud of but for her work it was better to blend in. Catalina carefully pulled the dress over her body, eyed widening as she took in her appearance in the mirror. It clung to her perfectly, pushing her breasts together and up and draping to the floor. It would be a pity to get blood on such a pretty garment but it was bound to happen... Whether it be hers or his.

Catalina walked back out with a sigh, allowing Derik to lead the way to the big I am. She hoped he had put more clothes on or it would be even harder to think of a plan. As they walked she noted every turn they took, where the exits were and anything that could be used as a weapon, anxious to know what the hell was going to happen.
 
After he left the basement, Stephen went directly to his room on the upper level. He knew that a combination of the knife as well as no shirt on had unnerved her slightly. He thought it would since he felt her pulse quicken when he slid his fingers down her neck earlier. However, lunch was no place to sit around half clothed. He pulled on his plain white button up shirt and slipped his jacket onto his shoulders with a red handkerchief in his breast pocket to match her dress. She could not see it but he still had the knife strapped to his side. After all, you can never have enough protection when dealing with an assassin.

He was already in the dining room when Derik led her in. "Oh my, you are simply stunning in that dress. Do you like it?" He walked over and touched her arm and led her to the table. Once seated, he walked around and sat across from her. Once he sat, two men came from a side door bringing food and sat in in front of her. One disappeared and returned with wine and brought both of them a glass. He watched as she ate and waited until she finished.

"Now my dear, I feel our conversation must continue. I will offer you a considerable amount more than what they have offered in order for me to live. I would, however, not want a bad mark to go on your record. So, what is the proof that they require? A picture? Blood? Do tell as I am so very curious."
 
Catalina's eyes swept around the room. It was very impressive, high ceilings and a fire that was burning steadily near the long dining table. Her eyes traveled down Duckett's outfit as he approached her, he didn't scrub up too bad. Not that she'd say that but she could think it all night long. Catalina shrugged, acting nonplussed. "The dress is nice I suppose, although I thought the clothes I had on sufficed." She swallowed hard as his hand held her and led her to the table, trying to concentrate on putting one foot in from of the others with those fingers on her skin again.

Catalina's eyes went wide as the mountain of food was placed in front of her and she wasted no time in eating every single delicious bite. The wine sweet and rich on her tongue. It should have made her suspicious but who knew if this was her last meal or not? So she should take advantage of it.

Catalina's eyes widened. Why would he do that for her? Sure he wanted to live but why would he give a damn about her reputation? There was something she wasn't getting. But if e was talking about more money and keeping her alive in the protest... Surely it was a deal worth risking for.

" And if if I said the proof they needed was the thing between your legs?" Catalina was shocked at herself, this is why she should never ever drink wine. Bad things happened when she drank the stuff.
 
He leaned back in his chair and she finished eating and began to speak in response to his questions. He could feel his face contort and his anger rise as she came out with her snide remark. He came up out of his seat so fast that it toppled backwards and he threw his half full wine glass which smashed against the wall.

"The thing between my legs? THE THING BETWEEN MY LEGS??? Young girl you have no idea what is going on here. I am offering you the chance of a lifetime. Or maybe you would prefer going back to the basement to rot for the rest of your natural life. I don't care either way. Surely that was a good enough meal to be your last should you choose to keep up this charade."

He stood at the long side of the table glaring at her waiting for her response.
 
Catalina realised her mistake too late as his face changed and twisted into a mask of fury. And she felt herself shift back in her chair. Bracing herself to run or fight if she had to. She'd done hand on hand combat and she was damn good at it. Catalina jumped in surprise as he quickly stood up, the chair clattering a gasp escaping as he thee the glass, smashing it against the wall and she found herself reacting on impulse. She stood up, backing away slightly to make room. Her arms coming up into a defensive fighting stance. Feet spreading apart as put herself in a better position to fight if she needed to.

In the calmest voice she could manage she replied, " believe it or not... That was my attempt at humour . I'm not used to drinking wine and I find myself unable to concentrate in your presence."

Caralina's eyes widened at her admission, damn that wine. She shouldn't have gulped it down as if it was water. It was making silly.
 
Stephen watched her jump up and back way as if ready to fight. His hand went into his jacket to his knife as a natural instinct. He never pulled the knife out and regained his composure as he watched her standing before him. He raised his hands and straightened his jacket then held his arm out pointing back to her chair.

"You will forgive me for not being a humorous man when it comes to a subject as such. Please come back and have a seat. As to you not being able to hold your mind in my presence, I will work towards containing myself."

He stepped over to side of the table closest to her and took a seat within arms reach. "Now where were we? Ahh yes. The proof. What was it they asked for? Surely a picture would suffice, hmmm?"
 
Did he really not know why she couldn't concentrate in his oresence? Was he unaware of how good he looked with no shirt on? It would drive any woman to distraction and she was almost glad he'd out his clothes back on... Almost. Catalina watched him walk towards the chair and sit down narrowing her eyes at him. Guessing that she was safe once more for now... She sat in the chair once more. Not relaxed like she was before. Her back tense and her eyes taking everything in. She was very aware of how close he now sat, so close she could reach out and touch him.

Catalina shrugged, "I always take a picture, it helps if there's blood in the picture to make it look authentic although not essential."
 
Back
Top