Hair Washing

twister947

Mama Tried
Joined
Mar 7, 2011
Posts
5,165
I'm a guy, and when it comes to washing hair, barely evolved. There's no hope for my hair, but I'd like to learn how to wash my girl's hair. I will ask her, of course, but I'm also asking Lit. Any tips?
 
Can you be more specific? What are you asking?

Not really. It's just something I want to do for her, and I'm looking for ways to make it a good experience that both of us will look forward to. Now that I examine it, it seems kinda lame...
 
Not really. It's just something I want to do for her, and I'm looking for ways to make it a good experience that both of us will look forward to. Now that I examine it, it seems kinda lame...

Sorry I wasnt calling it lame. I would focus on adding conditioner to her hair, not so much shampoo. Conditioner is oily and slippery. Could start at he head and work your way down. Don't get it in her eyes!
 
Not really. It's just something I want to do for her, and I'm looking for ways to make it a good experience that both of us will look forward to. Now that I examine it, it seems kinda lame...

No no no, having somebody else wash one's hair is fantastic. Don't talk yourself down like that!
 
I do this from time to time with my boyfriend.

First, buy shampoo and conditioner that she enjoys the scent of. If you have a bath, you can sit behind her with her resting back against your body while you massage the shampoo into her hair. Keep in mind that over-massaging will increase oil production, so make sure she doesn't have oily hair before doing this. After shampooing, comes conditioner. This will smooth the hair out, but isn't as pleasant to play with as it makes the hair lie flat, so is more of a last step before rinsing. If you have a mobile shower head, have her tilt her head back and run the water back from her face. It's best if her head's supported, so she doesn't have to uncomfortably hold her head in that position.

Alternatively, you can have her kneel on a memory foam bath mat in the bathtub while you wash and condition her hair standing behind her.

Also, wash your own hair, you peasant!
 
"Also, wash your own hair, you peasant!"

Laughing. In boot camp, long ago, they cut off almost all of my hair, and gave me a bar of soap. That worked pretty well, so I saw no reason to change.
 
This is literally my favorite thing!! Here's how I do my own hair:

  • Massage shampoo on the scalp part only and then let it rinse through the rest of the hair.
  • Put conditioner on starting from the ends, and don't massage it onto the scalp.

These two things keep the top from being oily and the ends from drying out.

If you're gonna towel it dry for her, just wrap it in the towel and squeeze, don't rub or wring it.

If you're gonna brush it, let it air dry or blow dry it first, and then work in sections. Hold the section tight in your other hand so that it doesn't tug at the scalp. Start 2" from the bottom and brush down. When that's smooth, then start 2" higher than before, then brush down.

Brushing on the scalp feels nice, but watch out for the ears.
 
Not really. It's just something I want to do for her, and I'm looking for ways to make it a good experience that both of us will look forward to. Now that I examine it, it seems kinda lame...

It’s not lame at all! It’s a lovely idea. I know for me I absolutely melt if someone washes my hair or plays with it!
 
Good for you for trying and asking! I love my hair washed or played with
 
A woman I dated for a few years loved me washing her hair. It was such a simple thing but man did she love it. A quick shampoo followed by a slow conditioning was my method and I massaged her scalp and neck with the conditioner. 10/10 would definitely do this again.
 
its pretty damn easy as hell.

really easy.


only sad part is if you wash her hair right she gets allllllll sticky..



we were talking pubic hair right?
 
This has become a regular thing for us, something to be anticipated and shared. Win!
 
Back
Top