Vampire story

The theory I've subscribe to is that, since they are dead, any sperm or ova are also dead.

That's reasonable to me, and probably what I'd do, but on the other hand if your vampire is a result of some kind of virus that could save or mutate the sperm and ova.

Hmm. MOST viruses need the life processes of their host to survive. But not all... i wonder, which illnesses could an undead type person catch?

They could decompose, right? Although I guess the blood forestalls that?

Man, sometimes I can think way too much about this stuff. :)

There is also the Balkan Mythologies.

Strigoi----full bloods.

Dhampir----half breeds.

Moroi----psychic/magical type.

Some can walk in daylight, but have no shadow. The rules are whatever you want them to be. But I agree, twinkly vegetarian vampires should have never existed.

I didn't see it, but has anyone raised the question of how a vampire without a beating heart and blood flow can have an erection? I suppose that might just be an issue for the male vampires.

Cold and limp just doesn't spell erotic to me. It spells salad.

I didn't see it, but has anyone raised the question of how a vampire without a beating heart and blood flow can have an erection? I suppose that might just be an issue for the male vampires.

Well, if you considered that vampires are fictitious, and we're writing fiction about them, you could just punt on this one and realize you aren't writing a medical text.

LOL

I believe I have read a story or two where when a vampire fed, and had new, warm, blood in him, that resulted in his heart beating, blood flowing, etc., and hence an erection was possible. And actually it would be an issue for female ones as well, right, since when a woman gets excited blood also rushes to her sexual organs? Last I checked anyway.

Well, if you considered that vampires are fictitious, and we're writing fiction about them, you could just punt on this one and realize you aren't writing a medical text.

Very true, but I for one find it interesting to try to think about some of these things when writing a story. I don't get hung up on it most times, but like I said, I find it a fun exercise to try to provide some kind of physical logic for what's going on, even though that logic would only be right for the fictional story.

Some people do get stumped by these things. I can't get past what I find the biggest logical flaw in Spielberg's War of the Worlds, which is that the alien ships are buried and we never find them despite sonar, radar, drilling for various things, etc.? Or in Signs -- these creatures can't stand water, yet come to a planet with a moist atmosphere and is 70% water? (Okay, this one I let slide b/c I think there's great atmosphere and suspense in Signs.)

So it's fun for some, indifferent for others.

Yeah, I can buy an undead, demonic organism that turns into mist, lives a thousand years, hypnotized his prey, drinks their blood, and jumps several buildings using his superpowers, but one with an erection? That's simply unscientific.

That's reasonable to me, and probably what I'd do, but on the other hand if your vampire is a result of some kind of virus that could save or mutate the sperm and ova.

They could decompose, right? Although I guess the blood forestalls that?

Man, sometimes I can think way too much about this stuff. :)
Zombies decompose. Imagine being a zombie vamp. That would be SO fucked up.

It depends on the "mythos" and style of the author's take on their vampires

For instance Anne Rice's vampires are not officially "turned" until they begin whining and whimpering and bemoaning their existence.

It depends on the "mythos" and style of the author's take on their vampires

For instance Anne Rice's vampires are not officially "turned" until they begin whining and whimpering and bemoaning their existence.

They become your typical Lit GM writer???? REALLY?

Hey, Pilot! Next time you are talking to your creator, tell Anne I love her stuff, K?

LOL

I believe I have read a story or two where when a vampire fed, and had new, warm, blood in him, that resulted in his heart beating, blood flowing, etc., and hence an erection was possible. And actually it would be an issue for female ones as well, right, since when a woman gets excited blood also rushes to her sexual organs? Last I checked anyway.

My vampires have the biggest baddest erections on the block--whenever it's convenient for them. :D

My vampires have the biggest baddest erections on the block--whenever it's convenient for them. :D

Read Brian Lumley's Necroscope series. especially "The Source" for the biggest baddest Vampire erections. These boys were even into hardcore BDSM sex

Zombies decompose. Imagine being a zombie vamp. That would be SO fucked up.

I'm a The Walking Dead fan, and also like to watch the talk show afterwards, The Talking Dead. After the second episode, on TTD they had a guy from True Blood, which I have not watched. He was Joe Manga-something -- I think he plays a vampire -- and at one point there was a discussion about what would happen if a zombie bit a vampire or vice versa.

I'm not sure they came up with an answer but it was fun to watch. :)

They become your typical Lit GM writer???? REALLY?

Hey, Pilot! Next time you are talking to your creator, tell Anne I love her stuff, K?

Actually not to long after I posted that remark, my daughter called and I realized that post exemplified her and her sister's teenage years.

Everyday there was a new reason the world (or at least theirs) was going to end in some socially humiliating fashion, yet somehow they endured:rolleyes:

I'm a The Walking Dead fan, and also like to watch the talk show afterwards, The Talking Dead. After the second episode, on TTD they had a guy from True Blood, which I have not watched. He was Joe Manga-something -- I think he plays a vampire -- and at one point there was a discussion about what would happen if a zombie bit a vampire or vice versa.

I'm not sure they came up with an answer but it was fun to watch. :)

You know what i think my problem is that I'm not a big vamp fan. If i could work with someone who was on this that would be great.

You know what i think my problem is that I'm not a big vamp fan. If i could work with someone who was on this that would be great.

Well, does it have to be a vampire thing? Can it be something else? Why write about something you don't like (if you don't have to)?

Well, does it have to be a vampire thing? Can it be something else? Why write about something you don't like (if you don't have to)?

Good point, its why I've never tried one.

Writing one about a witch now and am eschewing "preconceived mythos" and creating my own lineage with certain powers that I know don;t quite fall into the normal witches abilities

But screw it, its fiction and more importantly my fiction.

I was a bit of a fan of Rice's Mayfair witches and liked the genealogy, but again I feel she truly cannot create a "bad ass" character.

My "girls" are the equivalent of the supernatural Manson family.-

:D this thread is fab. Thanks Loq, for starting it.

I give a :nana: about werewolves. When I wrote my werewolf story it was just because I was looking for one with safe sex to review on my blog (see below), it seemed impossible but then an idea popped into my head about one. I had to do it! Anyway I had hair-raisingly horrible job interview the next day for a job I absolutely had to nail or my child was going to starve, this was the ideal way to prepare.

Some werewolf erotica fans loathe my story because it bears no relation to what they expect from the genre. It gets downloaded in the thousands. Some people do like it, not necessarily traditional werewolf erotica fans.

I did start writing a more serious longer story and I thought of reading some werewolf stuff but the idea of wading through Twilight made me yawn. I really admire Aussie Scribbler's vampire story for its loving closeness to the classic original novel and B movie versions of the story but I'm very lazy so I decided writing about some fabulous paranormal set of beasts shouldn't take as much grind and background literature review as my research evaluating the effectiveness of Sex and Relationships Education provision. (Convoluted academic paper due out shortly, folks, don't all rush at once!)

I can't believe that some people have come up with some ideas for a safe sex vampire story, my admiration for you all (already sky high) has rocketed into the multiversal polka-dotted orgasmatron pleasuredome realm.

Loq, if you are up for it, I will collaborate with you. (Unlike the werewolves, I do actually know a bit about classic vampire literature so I can't promise such a satirical take on the genre that it gets all the fans shouting, a string of one star reviews and lots of people rushing to download to see what the fuss is about as happened with my werewolf story - we can but try. And, yes, they wear condoms in my werewolf stories. Well, one of them forgot once ....)

:rose::nana::rose:

PS I got the sodding job.

I'm fine with vampires twinkling as long as it involves them being on fire.

Twinkly vampires making artificial blood so they can do safe sex with the biggest baddest erections in transvestite Transylvania - why the thing is practically writing itself on here!

:nana:

I've never been a particular fan of Werewolves, Vamps or Zombies. They mostly came over as 'unbelievable'.
But the idea of humour only recently stuck me.

The concept of a werewolf capitulating to the idea of "safe sex" is hysterical and opens up all manner of scenes (Claws & latex being one of them).
And as for the idea of a Vegetarian, it's a hoot.

I've never been a particular fan of Werewolves, Vamps or Zombies. They mostly came over as 'unbelievable'.
But the idea of humour only recently stuck me.

The concept of a werewolf capitulating to the idea of "safe sex" is hysterical and opens up all manner of scenes (Claws & latex being one of them).
And as for the idea of a Vegetarian, it's a hoot.

Of course, twinkly vegetarian vampires!

You must read Aussie Scribbler's Transylvanian Roulette. He's so lazy, it needs editing and I offered but he can't be bothered. He's a hilarious writer, although my real favourite of his is Lusting While Dusting (it's a housewife's dream fantasy!), available on Smash.

:rose:

As a child I was very fortunate to have surgery at the time when ether was what they used to knock you out or seriously sedate you. If youre conscious the experience is identical to schizophrenia, ie, a living nightmare. Imagine you and your computer in the midst of monsters and wild animals and other creepy forms. Its all blended into one scene. My clients usta say that their schizophrenia was like living in a nightmare starting when they were children. I knew what they meant.

And each form of schizophrenia comes with its own theme park. The catatonics live in a world where any movement is perilous, the paranoids live in a dangerous-lethal place ( and theyre constantly vigilant for threats), hebephenics live in the proverbial World of Shit, etc.

Well because it's a great idea with vampires, the feminist theme everything comes together with a romantic element. Look I'm not homosexualy inclined but I wrote a brief gay scene because it was needed, once, interacial, etc. I'm not going to compromise agreat idea because of my lack of understanding or appeal. I'll just need to expand at a pace that proves possible with my schedule. Until then I will reach out to out careing community.

PC restrictions remind me of Vacation Bible School. It was always antiseptic and a drudge. PC is the liberals trying to collar everyone.

Back