Flirtation at Work

She could feel her heart racing. She liked him a lot but she also didn't want to lose his friendship. He was an attractive man and she was pretty sure he didn't think about her as more than just a friend. She bit her lip softly knowing that she wanted to see him too. He made her nervous but the good kind of nervous. He made her heart race in a way that no other man had before.

"I'd love to. I'll see you at 1." She said, finding herself smiling into the phone. She hung up and tried her best to concentrate on her work the rest of the day but that was proving to be difficult. A little before 1, she headed into the women's bathroom and touched up her hair and makeup. Was she trying to impress him? She knew the answer to that.

She headed downstairs to the bench where they had met yesterday. This was just friends having lunch but she knew she felt something for him that went deeper than friendship.
 
Gary had been nervous all day. He had arrived at work and hung up the suit he would be wearing that night in his locker and then quickly got changed into his security gear. Attending the morning briefing had been a nightmare. he was sure everyone had been looking at him, somehow knowing his plans for that afternoon as well as the evening, but he had made it through. he was lucky in the sense that his sector enabled him to patrol alone. He completed his morning rounds and then sat back and studied his monitors.

By midday he was bored out of his mind and sweating like a pig. he freshened up in his bathroom/locker room and then headed out on his afternoon rounds. He always ended them in the atrium where he usually grabbed his lunch and ate alone. Today he would eat with Erika. He grabbed his usual Salad roll that Rebecca had ready for him, but instead of staying to chat with her he rushed up to the park bench.

Erika wasn't there yet so he sat down and patiently waited for her to arrive. Well he hoped she arrived and he wasn't going to be stood up. He realized he really liked Erika and he hoped that maybe she would give someone like him a chance.
 
Some of the ladies at her cubicle had been busting her ass all day when they saw she had brought in a dress that she was going to change into after work. They tried to inquire who her date was but Erika kept quiet. It wasn't their business who she was seeing and she didn't even know if dinner with Gary would be technically a date. While she hoped so, she didn't want to get her hopes up.

She stopped at the cafe to grab a salad before heading outside to the bench where they had spent some time yesterday. "Hey...." She smiled. When she saw him, it was like her nervousness vanished. She was glad he didn't stand her up because she nervous he might have. He looked as attractive as ever but honestly, there wasn't a day that he wasn't attractive.
 
Gary had seen her coming and had stood up as she had approached. When she smiled he had automatically smiled back.
"Hey yourself," he answered back as they sat down. "I'm glad you came. I was a bit worried you might not. I mean a woman as good looking and classy as you probably has a lot of high class guys hitting on her all the time so thanks for agreeing to go out on a date with me tonight. I really appreciate it you know."
Gary had been looking down at his hands as he had been saying this but finally he looked up and into Erika's eye's.
"I want you to know Erika that I think you are really beautiful. You are one of the few people here that treat me like a person instead of a slab of meat and I really appreciate that. I don't want to jeopardize our friendship but at the same time I want to find out if there is a chance we could have anything more. I know I am probably not the sort of guy you would usually date but would you think about it please?"
 
It was like something shifted since yesterday. She felt this wave of feeling run over her simply by just being in his presence. She knew she liked him much more than a friend but she also didn't want to risk their solid friendship. If she was being honest, he was the only person who actually listened to her when she spoke and treated her with respect

"You'd be shocked then. I don't have a line of men wanting to date me." She laughed but it made her a bit sad. She was very smart, relatively attractive but most men were after the smoking hot bombshell types. "I would never stand you up." She said, she felt his eyes meet hers and it was almost like her breath got caught in her throat. He made her heart race in a way no other man had been capable of doing.

She bit her lip nervously, blushing softly as he called her beautiful. "Gary..." She let her voice trail off. She couldn't even recall the last time any man complimented her like that. "I would never want to risk our friendship. You mean a lot to me. Hell, you're probably the only person around here who likes me for me." She explained to him. "But even so, I like you...a lot. And I'd love to see if we have the same feelings for each other."
 
Gary's heart felt like it was trying to escape his chest. She felt the same way and wanted to go out with him too. He couldn't wipe the stupid goofy grin off his face. Wow this week was just getting better an better. He unwrapped his roll and began to eat it, looking at Erika between every bite, wondering how nobody could see her beauty. Finally he just had to ask her.
"Erika I don't get it. I have been scared of asking you out for awhile because...well one you make a lot more money than me so I thought that might put you out of my reach, But mainly because you are so good looking that i just thought you would have a lot of guys chasing after you that I wouldn't stand a chance. Your answer made it sound like that's not the case though. Are they blind or what?"
 
She loved sitting with him. He made her feel special and it had been such a very long time since any man showed interest in her. He made her heart race and feel things that no other man made her feel in such a long time.

"I guess I'm just not the type men go after. They want the smoking hot, drop dead gorgeous women." She said. "And what about you? I know women here are almost falling over you on a daily basis. Not that I blame them. You're incredibly attractive but you're also very smart and genuine." She told him softly. She didn't know what made her do it. Part of her wanted to know if there was truly something between them. She let her hand brush against his softly and she felt a spark run through her body. She knew for sure that she felt something much stronger than friendship for him.
 
Gary felt electricity run through him when her hand brushed his. If this was an indicator he was hoping they might be more than friends.

"Erika you are the only woman here that has ever complimented me on anything besides my looks. In fact you are the only one that has taken the time to get to know me. All those other women see a piece of eye candy. You see a person and that's more attractive to me than anything else."
He looked at her and smiled, "I am really looking forward to tonight you know. You are the first really bright, intelligent woman I have met in a long time. The fact that you have a great sense of humor is just so much better."
 
She felt a shiver run through her entire body when she brushed her hand against his. She knew she felt something for him that went much deeper than friendship. She blushed a little as he complimented her. "You sure know how to make a girl feel special." She smiled at him softly, letting her eyes meet his. She didn't expect for something to happen between them but she could feel it, he made her heart race in ways no other man had been able to do in a long time.

She knew her lunch break would be ending soon and she wished it wouldn't. She liked his company and just talking to him. He actually listened to her when she spoke, something most people didn't do. She closed her hand against his and let her fingers gingerly brush against his.
 
He felt her fingers gliding along his and a shiver went through his body. Turning his hand around he clasped hers so that they were actually holding hands. He was surprised at how good and natural it felt. Looking into her eyes her smiled and gave her hand a little squeeze. it was like they were two little kids on the school playground but he didn't care. Kids hadn't felt the things he was feeling now.

Suddenly his beeper went off. It was set so he would know he had five minutes left for lunch. Looking down on it in distress he turned it off and then looked back at Erika. "I don't want to let you go, but if we don't we will both be in trouble." Standing up he helped her to her feet and then leaned in and gently kissed her on her cheek. "Until tonight then Erika. Just come down to my office when you finish your shift and you can change there."
 
The way he held her hand, it was like an electricity ran through her. He made her feel like some nervous teenager instead of a woman in her late twenties. She couldn't even recall the last time a man took an interest in her. But Gary was so much different than any other man she had ever known.

She was slightly startled when she heard his pager went off. Break periods always went by fast but especially today. She stood up as he took her hand to help her up. "Yeah, I wouldn't want to get you in trouble." She said softy, just unable to take her eyes away from his. She felt his lips against her cheek and that made her heart flutter like nothing else.

"I'll see you in a little while." She said softly. She knew she would have a hard time concentrating on the rest of her day given her amazing lunch with Gary.
 
He watched her walk away and it was if a part of him went with her. As she disappeared into the elevators he sighed and looked at his half eaten roll. Holding it in his hand he began to walk away towards the opposite end of the atrium to start his afternoon rounds. He could always finish it while watching the monitors later. The main thing running through his mind though was the thought that he only had to wait five more hours to see her again.

Two hours later and Gary was sitting at his desk staring at his screens. He had finished his rounds and made it back here quicker than he thought. Now he was bored and it was another hour until he had to start locking up areas. As he fiddled with the cameras he suddenly had an idea. Punching in a few numbers on a disused monitor, it flickered to life and Erika's office came into view. Panning the camera around he finally found the desk where she was sitting and left it focused on her. Over the next half hour he watched his monitors and her, noticing how hard she was working and how little some of the other ladies in her office weren't. In fact some of them were actually putting their work on her desk including her boss. Gary knew that egomaniac. Simon. He thought he was a walking sex machine and god's gift to women. He was good looking, had a good job, had money and was single. He tried to make friends with Gary only because he was good looking too and the women talked and flirted with him. He had been on a steady rise through the ranks in the company, but by the looks of it he wasn't the one doing the work. Maybe he would look into this, but he wouldn't tell Erika, she might get the wrong idea. Still he didn't like seeing her getting used like that. It just made him more determined to show her a good time tonight.

His alarm went off and he began his last rounds of the day. By the time he got back, it would almost be time to meet Erika again. He set off with a spring in his step thinking of her.
 
Erika thought a lot about Gary the rest of the day. She was swamped with work. It seemed as if everyone was dropping work on her desk. Simon, her boss, flirted with anything in a skirt. He had hit on Erika a few times but she was so not interested. Sure, he wa relatively young and kept in shape but he flirted with everyone and Erika wanted nothing to do with him. After she came back from lunch, Simon had tried flirting with her but she put a stop to that real quick. The only person she wanted flirting with her was Gary. She was glad when the day was over. She gathered her things, including her outfit for tonight.

She went down to Gary's office and knocked on the door. She hoped he wasn't having second thoughts about tonight. Because if he was, it would break her heart.
 
Gary quickly jumped up from his desk and opened his door. He had been waiting for Erika's knock for the past ten minutes and had hoped she hadn't changed her mind.
"Hi Erika I'm glad your here," he said smiling his heart racing at a million miles an hour. "Come on in."
He led her over to his desk and shut the door behind her. "I know you said you were looking forward to this at lunch but I still wasn't sure if you would show up or not. My mind has been going at a mile a minute thinking of all the things that could happen. Now that your here though I can't think of a thing to say."

Gary just smiled at her for a minute then noticing the dress in her arms for the first time he clapped his hand to his forehead and moved to take it from her. "Here let me take that and show you where you can get ready." He took her into his small locker room and hung her dress up on the small hook behind the door. Reaching into his locker he got her out his spare towel and grabbed the floor mat he kept in there. "Um here's a towel you can use. There's soap and shampoo and stuff in the shower. Basin and stuff over there and the power points right beside it. I have to go supervise the last minute lock downs so I should be gone for at least half an hour. I have to lock the door I'm sorry so if you need anything just use the walkie talkie on the desk, it's tuned to my frequency so only I will hear it. Oh and there's a toilet in the room next to this."
Gary smiled and exited the locker room and walked to the office door. "See you in half an hour Erika."
 
She smiled as Gary showed her where everything was. "See you in a half hour." She smiled as she watched him go. She was nervous and excited about tonight with Gary. She got into the shower and washed her hair, bringing the wash cloth over her body. She thought about telling Gary about Simon's pathetic attempt to hit on her but she wasn't sure because he didn't want him to go and confront Simon about it.

After her shower, she dried off her hair and began getting dressed. She slid on her matching undergarments before slipping up her purple dress that hugged her hips. She put on some light makeup, as she didn't like to put on lots of makeup like most women. She fixed her hair before slipping on her heels. She took a deep breath, she was so damned nervous. She headed into Gary's office and waited for his return.
 
Gary locked up everything and headed back to his office. He listened at the door but couldn't hear the shower going so he unlocked the door and walked in. The first thing he saw was Erika sitting at his desk waiting for him. She stood up as he entered and all the breath left his body.
She had been beautiful before, now she was simply stunning. She had done her hair a little differently and with her natural make up it made her face look gorgeous. Her purple dress looked like she had been poured into it, with it hugging every curve on her body and accentuating it without making her look cheap.
"My god you look absolutely stunning Erika."
Gary walked up to her and looked her over carefully. "You did this just for me, I am honored. I just hope I can do you justice. I won't be long I promise." Gary lifted up her hand and kissed the back of it before rushing into the locker room to get ready.
 
She had wanted to impress him and she smiled when he liked her outfit. She didn't know what it was about him but she liked him and she hoped tonight turned wonderful. "I'm glad you like it." She smiled. If she wasn't already nervous about tonight, she was now. "Okay, take your time." She said as she sat at his desk. She was still contemplating about telling him what happened with Simon but she didn't want him to overreact because Simon wasn't worth it.

She hoped she'd impress him. Her biggest fear was that after their "date", he wouldn't like he as much.
 
Gary had a quick shower, washing his hair and applying some body wash. Getting out he dried himself off then shaved himself and brushed his teeth. Applying his deodorant he then quickly got dressed in his charcoal suit and pale blue shirt. He had a choice of a red tie or a dark blue. He decided to go with the dark blue silk one. Slipping on his glossy black dress shoes he stepped out to show Erika. He hoped she approved.
 
Gary was already attractive as he was but she smiled as he appeared in his office. He truly did take her breath away. She got up from his desk and walked over to him. "You look amazing." She smiled softly. Her heart was racing . She felt something so strong for him, something she hadn't felt for any man in years. She brought her hand up to his cheek and looked into his eyes. She knew what she felt for him went way beyond friendship.
 
Gary caught her hand and looked into her eyes. What he saw there made him bold. He leaned down and gave her a small tender kiss on her lips. As soon as their lips touched it was as if he had been struck by lightning. He felt it all through his body, from the top of his head to the tips of his toes. Pulling back he whispered "Wow, you sure know how to leave an impression on a guy. That must be the best kiss I have ever had. We better go or we will be late for dinner. Shall we," he said offering her his arm to escort her to the parking lot.

He just hoped this evening went well because after that kiss his feelings for her had just gotten stronger than ever before. He just hoped he didn't screw this up somehow.
 
She felt his lips brush hers in the gentlest of kisses and she swore to God that sh felt the earth move. He took her breath away. She hoped she didn't screw things up with him tonight because he honestly liked him more than she had ever liked any other man.

She followed him out to his car and in a few minutes they were at the restaurant. She was nervous and excited all at the same time. If their kiss was any indication she knew there was chemistry between them.
 
Gary got out of the car and rushed around to open Erika's door. Helping her out of the car he again offered her his arm and escorted her towards the restaurant. He keyed his car locked as they walked away. Walking into the place he saw more than a few eyes swivel to watch them. As he gave his name to the Matre'de and they were taken to their table, even more turned to look. He couldn't blame them, under the subdued lighting of the restaurant Erika looked even better. As they went to sit down he pulled out her chair for her then sat opposite her.
"Would you like something to drink while we look over the menu Erika. Wine or something else perhaps?"
 
He was treating her like a queen. No other man had ever done that before. She couldn't take her eyes off him. He captivated her like nothing else. "Some wine would be wonderful, thank you." She smiled at him. She hoped that after tonight that he would still like her. She was just afraid of ruining things between them because she really liked him.

"I think the rest of the women here are extremely jealous that I have such a wonderful man with me tonight."
 
Gary chuckled softly "I think it is all the men who are jealous of me for having the most beautiful and intelligent woman here tonight."
He called over a waiter and ordered a nice bottle of wine for them. Then they started to look over the menu's. Gary was not a big red meat eater so he looked at the fish and chicken and decided on the Atlantic salmon. Looking over he saw Erika hovering over a few things and wondered if she was worried about the price of some of the items. "Don't worry about price tonight Erika, order whatever you want."

He looked at her pretty face as she studied the menu again and smiled as her lips curled up and her eyes crinkled in concentration. Even like that she looked cute. He better not stuff this up, he really wanted to know more about this fascinating lady.

Calling over the waiter he ordered his salmon, "And the lady will have..."
 
"You keep being nice to me like that, you'll never get rid of me." She laughed a little bit. She didn't know exactly where they would stand after tonight but she just hoped she wouldn't royally screw things up. The truth was she liked him a lot. She felt sparks when he kissed her earlier and she knew whatever was going on between them was real. It was just one of those things that you felt running through your bones.

"I'll take the Chicken Marsala." She told the waiter. The waiter wrote down their order and disappeared. She took a sip of wine. "So, how was the rest of your day since lunch?" She asked with a soft smile. She thought about telling him what transpired with Simon, hoping he wouldn't get all protective of her and confront Simon.

Erika wasn't interested in Simon. He was an egomaniac who slept around with anything and everything in a skirt. The only man she was interested in was sitting across from her.
 
Back
Top