As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a fun item: my urine supports breast cancer awareness.

Didn't thrill me much either.

A couple of good lines from the doctor. Explaining (unnecessarily) why she wanted me to pee in a cup, she included "we'd like to eliminate bladder cancer". I told her I'd rather like to eliminate that myself, not only for myself but all mankind. She seemed unimpressed with my humanitarian leanings.

Then she drops this on me: "Have you always had a heart murmer?" A fairly long pause ensued while I got over this shock. Then I told her that as far as I knew, my heart always had excellent diction.

A heart murmer is a valve problem, right? My mom had a mitral valve transplant in the '70's. We had to pay for the whole pig, from it's time of birth. And didn't even get any bacon out of it. Still, it was well worth it, it made a MAJOR improvement in her life. She went from having to stop to catch her breath twice climbing one flight of stairs, to taking the grandkids to Disneyland. Would not sit in the wheelchair I rented to push her around. I was very happy to have wasted the money.

Which doesn't mean that I am looking forward to this.

Meanwhile, the medication they gave me has interesting side effects. Nausea, diarrhea (fun), dizziness, lightheadedness, headache and trouble sleeping (which I already had in spades). But the one that caught my eye was tendon damage. ??? I cannot begin to imagine how that works, but it could really play hell with my exercise regimen.

I'm officially having a bad week.

Can't hardly wait to see what is next.

I wanted to be in a situation comedy, not a soap opera. 8(
 
I always thought I would be a cardiology nurse, it was my first love. It's understandable. :heart: And then I found out about trauma.

There are all kinds of murmurs, and I imagine that you have had the proper evaluation with the cardiology department. An echo, will reveal pathology.

I am glad the replacement worked well for your Ma.

Are you symptomatic? I hope you feel better.
 
I didn't have a melt down.

nurse-sign-rn-hospital-ordely-medical-doctor-vintage_300554754157.jpg
 
I always thought I would be a cardiology nurse, it was my first love. It's understandable. :heart: And then I found out about trauma.

There are all kinds of murmurs, and I imagine that you have had the proper evaluation with the cardiology department. An echo, will reveal pathology.

I am glad the replacement worked well for your Ma.

Are you symptomatic? I hope you feel better.

They are setting me up for an echo. We are working on the VA time scale... It will be a new experience. I've been trying to think of echo jokes. 8)
 
After the surgeon melts down a fiery anger rage at the nurse desk, we go back to business as usual as if nothing ever happened.
 
Janey: I'm going to park my little red car in your spot when you are not here.
Chief of Medical Staff: You can park in my spot even if I'm here.
I have just stumbled over you Janey and find I have another 2 years to catch up. I hope you have not retired....this is the best thread in Lit......hot hot hot
 
There are symptoms? I thought it was just audible through a stethoscope.

Please enlighten me. I doubt the VA ever will.
If there is a problem with a valve some symptoms may be shortness of breath, feeling dizzy, or tired. Sometimes there aren’t any symptoms at all. There are other causes of murmurs, and it doesn’t always mean that there is something acutely wrong with the heart. I hope this is your heart case. :heart:

The extra swishing sound can be caused by valves that don’t close all the way, or a backflow of blood in the wrong direction. This is called prolapse and regurgitation. Valves that are hardened and can’t open up all the way to let the blood flow easily is called stenosis.

The location and the quality of the murmur can give the doctor an idea of what is causing the sound. It’s kind of neat to listen to, I like listening to all heart sounds. :heart: If you have a stethoscope you can listen to your heart swish.
 
The greater my heart aches the tighter control I maintain over these rooms and flowsheets.

The bigger it hurts the smaller I write into these little boxes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top