What's the best lube for sex?

KY's pretty worthless, IMNSHO. It's intended to be a medical lubricant, not a personal lubricant. My experience with it is that it gets sticky and gummy. And as for anal--forget it!

I'm anxious to try a silicone-based lube.
 
We use baby oil for all-purpose. What is the name of a silicone-based lube and where can we get it?
 
Forget the silicon... it sucks. Astro glide is great but we stumbled onto some stuff in a blue bottle that comes in a "Light"! Hands down the best lube we've ever found....i'll get back tp you all w/ the name.
 
I just got my silicone ID Millenium, and it's awesome. Prior to this, we used Original Wet, which was good, but doesn't compare to the ID. With silicone, very little goes a LONG way, you don't need to reapply, and it's silky and ultra-slick. It's water-proof, so shower, hot tub, and pool fun will work wonderfully. Plus, it's great for shaving, moisturizing all over, and massages I'm kicking myself for not trying this sooner.

There are two drawbacks to silicone: It's not compatible with silicone toys (though we dont' have any), and it only washes off with soap and warm water. The washing isn't a problem for me because the lube's such a great moisturizer.

I price shopped silicone lubes, and THIS was the best deal I found anywhere. As I said, you only need a bit, but considering the number of uses, I'm really glad I got the big bottle. Silicone doesn't degrade or harbor bacteria like other lubes, so it's a great deal. :)
 
Last edited:
SweetErika said:
I just got my silicone ID Millenium, and it's awesome. Prior to this, we used Original Wet, which was good, but doesn't compare to the ID. With silicone, very little goes a LONG way, you don't need to reapply, and it's silky and ultra-slick. It's water-proof, so shower, hot tub, and pool fun will work wonderfully. Plus, it's great for shaving, moisturizing all over, and massages I'm kicking myself for not trying this sooner.

There are two drawbacks to silicone: It's not compatible with silicone toys (though we dont' have any), and it only washes off with soap and warm water. The washing isn't a problem for me because the lube's such a great moisturizer.

I price shopped silicone lubes, and THIS was the best deal I found anywhere. As I said, you only need a bit, but considering the number of uses, I'm really glad I got the big bottle. Silicone doesn't degrade or harbor bacteria like other lubes, so it's a great deal. :)

Be sure to read Erika's review at the link she posted... I'm sold and my bottle is ordered!! ;)
 
Well...WET was the name. Wetried their original silicon & didn't like it....but w/ reviews like this....we'll definitely give it a try. Any comparison to Wet's original silicon - their first attempt I believe but not called millenium? For clarification our lube of choice has been WET Light.
 
SLOBOY3000 said:
Well...WET was the name. Wetried their original silicon & didn't like it....but w/ reviews like this....we'll definitely give it a try. Any comparison to Wet's original silicon - their first attempt I believe but not called millenium? For clarification our lube of choice has been WET Light.
I haven't tried the Wet Platinum (their silicone lube), only the water-based Wet Original, which I guess is a bit thicker than Wet Light (though it's really not thick at all).

What I'm speaking of here is ID Millenium, which is produced by Westridge Laboratories. You can check out their website at http://www.idlube.com . I considered the Wet Platinum, but it didn't get as many good reviews as the ID Millenium, and out of all of the silicone lubes I looked at (just about every brand on many sites, including eBay), this ID was the best deal, hands-down. So, unfortunately I can't compare the ID to the Wet Platinum, or any other silicone lube, though I have heard the Pjur lubes are the best on the market (unfortunately they come with that price tag though).

For those who are interested, many sites and adult stores sell single/few use pillow packs of the different lubes, and you can usually get a variety for easy comparison. It's not a bad idea before you pony up the money for a whole bottle of something. Lube is such a personal thing that opinions vary widely. I couldn't be more pleased with the ID, but I'm not foolish enough to say that'll be the case for everyone. I'd be happy using it for just one purpose, and originally got it for anal and handjobs, so hopefully if you find you don't love it for everything, you'll find something you do like it for. :)
 
i prefer waterbased lubes just for ease of cleanup (though i agree for super smooth baby soft buttcheeks, the silicone based lube s great as a moisturiser :) ) I found a lube called Doc's Anal Lube (not to be mistaken for doc johnson's anal lube) that worked well for me. it was great for long play it was really thick, clean to use/apply, not stringy or go glumpy/gummy after time
from experience: Steer clear of Maximus...if you don't want to burn off parts of your nether region...and my personal favourite lube name "Probe", if you don't want your lube to dry before it can even be applied to desired surface.
 
asian_princess said:
i prefer waterbased lubes just for ease of cleanup (though i agree for super smooth baby soft buttcheeks, the silicone based lube s great as a moisturiser :) ) <snip>
Clean up with silicone was definitely one of the things I was concerned about; what a pain to have to wash everything with soap and water afterwards. However, we've found that the residual lube doesn't bother us at all because it does moisturize so well and doesn't seem to stain or anything. We actually feel more of a desire to wash water-based off hands and other parts, oddly enough, but maybe we're just weirdos that way. :D
 
Foreplay

You can foreplay all you want but when it comes to anal i,m not getting in without lube
 
twintooth said:
You can foreplay all you want but when it comes to anal i,m not getting in without lube

LOL well you could try after getting a swift hind kick to the balls but i don't like your chances... :p
 
There's an extensive Lube comparisons thread

in the Blank manual.

That said, I've used Maximus and not had adverse results. We originally got it for anal and it did reasonably well at that. It's best characteristic is that it's THICK and stays pretty much where you put it.

Astroglide is nice and light, but can dry up fairly quickly and I don't recommend it for anal since it's pretty runny and can go places you'd rather it didn't. That said it's cheap compared to most lubes and I use it for masturbation and occasionally for ass-play with toys since I don't own a vagina and don't have to worry about it going anywhere it's not supposed to.

O'My is the favorite of my ex. My opinion is that it's about the same as Maximus in terms of performance. It's made at least partly from a hemp product and is supposed to be really kind to vaginal Ph levels, which was the reason my ex liked it.

For the anal Sex Afficionados there is Boy Butter. Yep. You read that right :)

It's a vegetable oil based lube and is NOT compatible with condoms (or with vaginas) unless they're silicone or stricly being used on toys. But it very much stays exactly where you put it (Crisco-like consistency) and it's an excellent lubricant for anal sex. It does require a little extra clean-up and because it's white, it can look rather icky if you get it on your sheets. But definitely worth it for butt-sex fans.

I haven't had a chance to try a silicone lube yet...maybe that will be on my next toy shopping run :)
 
The Difference

For water-based lubes, definitely Astroglide rules.

Silicone-based lubes are ruled by Eros and ID, and one more that I can't remember... comes in a dark blue-ish bottle, gold writing... :confused:

The silicone lubes last so much longer because the water in the water-based ones evaporate. Also, the water-based lubes often contain glycerin, which is a sugar. Obviously, sugar-water is sticky and tacky and messy.

I've never heard anything about not using silicone-based lubricants with silicone toys. Indeed, that doesn't make any sense to me. If anything, you'd think it'd be safer!

As for KY, they've come out with a few varieties now. My sister uses the warming one and seems to like it, but then I'm not sure she's tried too many. They've got a few others, too... I remember seeing a display in the pharmacy. *shrug*

Hope we've helped!
*S
 
Just wanted to pop in and plug WET products, there are pros and cons to all lubes so shop around and find what you like... but if you're looking for a dependable product .... anything WET puts out is incredable.

silicone lubes have their set backs (have a hand towel ready to assist in clean up)
good for anal, especially first timers and beginners.
wet origional is a more gel like consistancy but is long staying and non tacky
good for both vaginal or anal, I find it a little thick for vaginal though, (i'm wet enough for the most part lol)
wet lite is a bit thinner but is the most natural, long staying, non tacky lube
more for vaginal then anything else imo, but can be used if you like to.

there are warming, and flavors ... they (Trigg Labs) also do massage oils in the line called Inttimo which are also awesome to have.
 
Erm... granted, I haven't tried many, but I can tell you which one I hate, and unfortunately that would be WET.

All around generally not happy with it, and won't let it touch me again.
 
Back
Top