Hey Zipman, how 'bout that Israeli election?

RobDownSouth

Never Banhammered
The referendum on Bibi's infamous Lebensraum policy didn't go quite like he anticipated, did it?

Even when you add up all the right wing/ religious/ nationalist nutjob parties they only got half the seats. That's got to hurt bibi's ego.

I'm usually in favor of centrist coalitions, but I'm not sure it'd work this time. The difference between the left and right edge of one with Netanyahu in the (somewhat, but slightly right of) middle would be pretty epic.

With only 34 parties to choose from, one wonders how 2 managed to split the seats.

Even when you add up all the right wing/ religious/ nationalist nutjob parties they only got half the seats. That's got to hurt bibi's ego.

Worse, it would seem that the war-mongering ultra-Orthodox faction Bibi needs for support will likely lose their cherished draft exemptions.

With only 34 parties to choose from, one wonders how 2 managed to split the seats.
They don't. There are 13 parties in the Knesset, before this election. And Likud wasn't even the biggest.

Read up on parlamentary democracy.

Last edited:
Wrong again; your link shows 33 Parties fielded candidates in that election.
That's another thing. I was talking about the number of parties in the parlament... the same thing that your link dealt with.

That's another thing. I was talking about the number of parties in the parlament... the same thing that your link dealt with.

Wrong again.

You tried telling me I was wrong when I said:

With only 39 parties to choose from, one wonders how 2 managed to split the seats.

In fact, I was correct.

The voters had choices of candidates running for 39 parties.

The parliament happens after the election, you see.

Wrong again.

You tried telling me I was wrong when I said:

In fact, I was correct.

The voters had choices of candidates running for 39 parties.

The parliament happens after the election, you see.
You were wrong about 2 splitting the seats.

Duh.

They don't. There are 13 parties in the Knesset, before this election. And Likud wasn't even the biggest.

Read up on parlamentary democracy.

Nitpick: You mean proportional representation, that's what allows a multiparty system in Israel. Parliamentary democracy is a form where the legislature in effect chooses the executive, which Israel also has. A parliamentary system can still be effectively two-party if representation is based on single-member districts. Ask the LibDems in Britain -- they'd have nearly a third of the seats in the Commons if the system were PR instead of SMD.

Last edited:
Liar's not the sharpest tack in the box on this stuff, so type slowly.

True, it was two blocs of parties who split the votes down the middle, so you get a half point to my six.

Actually, you obfuscated the issue a bit by not specifyin' you were talking about two blocs to begin with.

In any event, Bibi has a much weaker coalition now, so it's very doubtful he'll be able to declare war on Iran without America's permission.

Agreed.

Bibi's still at the wheel.

More importantly, I trust he will remain a major irritant to that pulsating prick in the White House.

You seem to have quite a fascination with other guys' dicks.

Were you ever a Marine, by chance?

Was that today? Brb.
This election was about the economy which shows Israeli voters are more informed than American voters.

Israel is solidly behinfd Bib on his foriegn policy as should any fair minded indvidual

The Palestinians don't want peace let them rot

Back