Isolated Blurt Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I despise that I have to take these unnecessary classes. Let me just get on with my major and quit wasting my money and my time!

Come up to my office and take a look at my ... classes. :devil:

LOL, many of my students in the past took my classes because they had to do an optional extra and ended up so fascinated (with the topic!) they got into that subject as their major area of study.

LOL, many of my students in the past took my classes because they had to do an optional extra and ended up so fascinated (with the topic!) they got into that subject as their major area of study.

Now, if you taught maths or Radio, I'd be there in a heartbeat.
I'd have to start too far back with Sociology or whatever it is.
:rose:

I'll just come up during your office hours... :devil:

I've taken a couple really interesting classes not related to my major, I'm just frustrated at the moment!

I've taken a couple really interesting classes not related to my major, I'm just frustrated at the moment!

Frustration is one of life's little tests. If you pass, then you get to go to the next level, if not, then you get to start all over. ;)

Frustration is one of life's little tests. If you pass, then you get to go to the next level, if not, then you get to start all over. ;)

That's pretty literal for me at the moment; if I don't pass these classes then I get to retake them next fall...

Now, if you taught maths or Radio, I'd be there in a heartbeat.
I'd have to start too far back with Sociology or whatever it is.

No no, I want to come to your classes. Aren't they full of cubs talking about technical things about which a pussy cat can go *in a purring voice and while lowering her eyelashes*: "ooh, say that again, Sam, slowly and putting in extra bits about the widgets and wotsits."
:heart:

Yes, you just pop up, sweet thing, and we'll see what we can do about your frustration ....

LOL, hope you get some more interesting material come up in the classes and some good grades.

My undergrad Department Chairman disapproved of serious students taking too many Anthropology courses: "If you only listen to us," he'd say, "you can only tell us what we told you; we need new ideas and new insights."
He was right, of course, and it holds for every field: the more you know, the better you can do any job. Take as many different courses as you can...

My undergrad Department Chairman disapproved of serious students taking too many Anthropology courses: "If you only listen to us," he'd say, "you can only tell us what we told you; we need new ideas and new insights."
He was right, of course, and it holds for every field: the more you know, the better you can do any job. Take as many different courses as you can...

It's true.

I taught a class once to non Sociology PhD students, who were very annoyed at having to learn about other research methods. They wanted to get on with their Brilliant PhD studies. But I said to them, when you graduate, you'll have to engage much more broadly across disciplines. You may even get the chance of a job teaching research methods! so listen and learn all you can. One day (to be honest, I was at a bit of a loss what to do, we'd covered a lot of topics), I said, Let's go round and recap and see what you feel you've learned, how far you've come. Every one of them said how reluctant they'd been to start the course but they felt they'd gained so much from it and some of them were so fulsome in their praise that afterwards I had to sneak off to the Ladies for a rather unprofessional sniffle and cry.

:rose: for the lovely students. May you also be blessed with lovely students like you were, who appreciate what learning you bring for them to enjoy.

Estate Agents!

I have just looked through the Property Supplement of our local weekly newspaper.

Apart from disbelieving the prices asked for some unprepossessing houses, I winced at the spelling errors:

"sort after area" for "sought after area". "convenience location" for "convenient location".

But one property's description intrigued me. Among the usual facilities for a large country house such as 7/9 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms (3 en-suite) and 5 reception rooms, a separate 3 bedroom annexe for staff - it has a brewery room.

Who needs a brewery room? The property has extensive wine cellars. Is the brewery for the staff?

For £1.6 million it is yours...

If you have that sort of money I don't think you need to brew your own beer.

I have just looked through the Property Supplement of our local weekly newspaper.
one property's description intrigued me. Among the usual facilities for a large country house such as 7/9 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms (3 en-suite) and 5 reception rooms, a separate 3 bedroom annexe for staff - it has a brewery room.

Who needs a brewery room? The property has extensive wine cellars. Is the brewery for the staff?

LOL, Outlaw mom once told me in great glee about a house nearby for sale which it transpired had a completely fitted out dungeon in it! Nobody had realised what the couple who owned it were up to until the house came up for sale.

LOL, Outlaw mom once told me in great glee about a house nearby for sale which it transpired had a completely fitted out dungeon in it! Nobody had realised what the couple who owned it were up to until the house came up for sale.

Part of the extensive wine cellars would be suitable for conversion. :rolleyes:

Even the staff accommodation has a suitable cellar.

When we were househunting for our first home, one house just within our price range was unusual.

The cellars had more floor area than the ground floor and extended 20 feet under the front garden. The attic/loft had more space than the first (US=2nd) floor but most was unusable because of low ceiling height.

IF we could have adapted the attic/loft by installing dormer windows it would have been a suitable house. But we couldn't. The owners were selling because planning permission to adapt had been refused.

40 years on that house now has 5 bedrooms and three bathrooms. Later owners raised the whole roof by 6 feet to provide headroom without dormer windows - after six planning applications and one successful appeal.

The cellar now has an extensive model railway layout.

So many old faces still hanging out here.
Good evening to you all.

Glad to see you're still alive Ogg!

Now that a lot of negative influences have left my life, I find my creative energies returning to me. I'm playing and teaching music again, I'm recording new stuff for Youtube and I have that inkling to write once more. I've even started singing again! ^_^

Now that a lot of negative influences have left my life, I find my creative energies returning to me. I'm playing and teaching music again, I'm recording new stuff for Youtube and I have that inkling to write once more. I've even started singing again! ^_^

Yay for creative energy. :)

I got to use my three sectional staff at kung fu class last night. Normally it takes up too much room to use in a regular class, so I only get to use it when it is warm and dry outside, like it was last night :D

I need a new video of me using it. The old one is too slow (I was so much fatter back then).

Now that definitely sounds like fun! :p

LOL, I am just teasing you, TGP. I would like to see it if you get it sorted, and I promise to watch it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back