Sybilrose - Far Above Rubies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloozeMan

oh, bugger
Joined
Apr 24, 2003
Posts
5,284
I told a fellow that I know only as Safety Dave that I would start a thread that would let those who are concerned about Sybilrose know how she is doing. This is proving to be a more difficult task than I imagined. My mind wanders as I try to compose the words, to better times, and to times not so good. I remember how we handled the good and the bad. Snapshots and snatches of conversation clutter my mind and before I know it, the evening has passed and I still have not honored my word to Dave. However, Sybs recommends him so I will do my best.

There are so many things I would like to say. I want to tell you about her, to attempt to help you know her as I have known her, to share the beauty of her, mind, body and soul. But it is late and I am tired. Today has been hard. Perhaps on another night.

We brought Sybilrose home today from her last doctor's visit. Further treatment has been canceled, new perscriptions for stronger pain medicine have been written and filled, and the hospice people will call tomorrow. All that is left is to make her as comfortable as we can - she never could tolerate a pea in the bedding.

I want to thank you all for having been a part of her life. She enjoyed each of you and the time you shared.

TheBloozeMan

:rose: ************** :rose:
Index

:rose:
 
Last edited:
I do not know her, but I hope for the best for you and her in what must be astoundingly difficult times.
 
I hope that you'll also post this where she "hung out" so that people who knew her will see it.


:rose:
 
Very sorry...hoping the best for you...sending you strength and good vibes.
 
TheBloozeMan said:
I told a fellow that I know only as Safety Dave that I would start a thread that would let those who are concerned about Sybilrose know how she is doing. This is proving to be a more difficult task than I imagined. My mind wanders as I try to compose the words, to better times, and to times not so good. I remember how we handled the good and the bad. Snapshots and snatches of conversation clutter my mind and before I know it, the evening has passed and I still have not honored my word to Dave. However, Sybs recommends him so I will do my best.

There are so many things I would like to say. I want to tell you about her, to attempt to help you know her as I have known her, to share the beauty of her, mind, body and soul. But it is late and I am tired. Today has been hard. Perhaps on another night.

We brought Sybilrose home today from her last doctor's visit. Further treatment has been canceled, new perscriptions for stronger pain medicine have been written and filled, and the hospice people will call tomorrow. All that is left is to make her as comfortable as we can - she never could tolerate a pea in the bedding.

I want to thank you all for having been a part of her life. She enjoyed each of you and the time you shared.

TheBloozeMan

Oh BloozeMan... my heart goes out to you and the rest of the family.

I am so crushed that my lovely Aunty Syb who has been such a wonderful friend and inspiration and a tremendous spirit and lover of life won't be with us for much longer. Of all my friends on Lit, I felt closest to her and we shared our love of photography of great old music, of herbs and stuff. She truly was an inspiring presence and definitely family to many and I thank you for sharing her with us.

I have attached a "family tree" from a ways back that I created with Sybil right on top. I am sure others members of this strange family will show up here before too long. "CRUD" actually stands for Chubby Red Devil.

Syb really loved playing with my pictures and loved my writing and photography and always inspired me to greater heights and I am attaching two of many manipulations that she made and posted once for me that brought such a smile to my face as I hope it will to yours too. :heart: :rose: :heart:

Thank you Rania for pointing us to this thread.
 

Attachments

  • CRUD Family tree 4.jpg
    CRUD Family tree 4.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 4,820
  • King of Corn.jpg
    King of Corn.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 4,084
  • Hong flow.jpg
    Hong flow.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 3,419
JinXed said:
I hope that you'll also post this where she "hung out" so that people who knew her will see it.


:rose:

I agree that this should be in Am Pics, but TheBloozeMan never really posted on Lit before and wouldn't know, and I am not certain how one would go about re-locating a thread to elsewhere..... I just hoping the GB trolls leave this one alone as it would be a dishonor to a most wonderful and genuine person.
 
I think maybe someone could post a thread in AmPics and link to this one.
 
hongluobo said:
I just hoping the GB trolls leave this one alone as it would be a dishonor to a most wonderful and genuine person.

I still hope that such persons notice that this is a serious thread.
 
I think we should contact ShyGuy68 and ask him if it's possible to move the thread into AmPics, as long as Blooze agrees of course.

Hong, you've said it all so well, I wouldn't know what to add.

Syb, you Sweet-Sexy-Funny-Crazy-Gutsy-Awesome Sis of mine... I have always wished for us to be real life friends.

:rose: :heart:
 
Last edited:
I haven't hung out on am pics for a while now, but I certainly remember Aunty Syb with fondness - her humour and artistic creativity brightened the day. I'm really sorry to hear about her illness, and my thoughts are with her and all that love her. :rose:
 
.



Sybilrose is a wonderful, warm and loving individual who always has time to say hi
and happily welcomes everyones' craziness to brighten our days!


SybilroseLove.jpg



My thoughts and prayers have been with her and Bloozeman and the rest of their family
and will continue to be through this difficult time!


:rose: :heart: :rose:




.
 
Last edited:
Dear Bloozeman,
I talked to you very briefly on Sunday evening when I called to talk to Syb.You will see in a very short time your special lady touched so many of us,her love of life and people,kindness and humor reached around the world.
At this most difficult time for you and your family we so appreciate you taking a moment to keep us informed.I hope in some small way you will find a bit of comfort and a smile or two as we share our stories and pictures and antidotes of our time spent with Syb here on Lit.
Kisses to you Bloozeman,we will hold you and your family in our thoughts.

:heart:
 
I know it's been posted at lit before ... I think syb even put it on her thread once upon a time. But it represents everything I've ever known or felt or believed about this special lady who had such a profound and lasting affect on so many of us here.

Epitaph by Merritt Malloy

When I die,
give what's left of me to children
and old men that wait to die.
And if you need to cry,
cry for your brother walking the street
beside you.
When you need me,
put your arms around anyone
and give them what you need to give to me.

I want to leave you something,
something better than words or sounds:
look for me in the people I've known
or loved.
And if you cannot give me away,
at least let me live in your eyes
and not in your mind.
You can love me most
by letting hands touch hands,
by letting bodies touch bodies,
and by letting go of children
that need to be free.

Love doesn't die; people do.
So that when all that's left of me is love,
give me away.
I'll see you at home in the earth.

My heart goes out to you and your family, blooze. I sincerely doubt that you need more proof of what a special woman you have with you, but perhaps if you read some of the words in this thread you'll at least find comfort in witnessing a completely different community that she cast her shining light upon.

And ofcourse my heart goes out to syb as well. To quote another one of my favorites, in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, syb is taking more love than any of us can express here in simple human words.

:rose: peace :rose:
 
Bloozeman,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Syb. I only got to know here recently. She's a firecracker and always put a smile on my face. Please remember all the good times.

Spaz :rose:
 
My heart breaks for you and Syb' Bloozeman'.

I cannot imagine the depth of you pain right now.

I love Syb' and knowing what she must endure has brought tears to my morning. I will pray for her often and try to keep only the happiest of thoughts for her. She is a great woman, one who I admire as much for her beauty as her wit.

I wish this world would never have to loose such a wonderful person.
 
Rania said:
I think we should contact ShyGuy68 and ask him if it's possible to move the thread into AmPics, as long as Blooze agrees of course.
Thank you all so much for your sincere responses.

I was just telling Sybs about the thread and asked her if there was anything she wanted to say.

She said, "Its too early..." Well, maybe later then. :)

I have no objection to this thread being moved if it would be more appropriate elsewhere.



:rose: ************ INDEX ************ :rose:

Wow! It seems like ages since this thread was first started. And now it seems to have become an important place to so many people, me probably more than anyone else. This is going to be an attempt to locate three types of data. There will be pictures, there will be individual posts, and there will be areas of conversation.

At first this will be somewhat self serving. There is stuff in here that I have tried to locate a couple times. As the thread gets larger and larger, it is getting more and more difficult to find these posts / pictures. But this index isn't just for me, just as this thread is not just for me. It belongs to all who are or will be a part of this ersatz group of fruitcakes (thanks Beamer!) known as Aunty Syb's Lit family. :D


Notes
03/29/07
It is a pretty good idea to read a page's worth of context on either side of these links, but in some cases, it could almost be deemed imperative - if you don't, you are really missing out. I have decided to mark those links with a bit of a flag (***) - and just for giggles, what do you have for the over/under before someone asks what the *** is for... I have under 2 weeks. :D




Pictures:
This will be somewhat flexible. There will be a link to the picture, and then a link to it's original location in the thread. There will be an attempt to keep from duplicating effort here. :cool:

Watermelon Drunk - Page 2
Pink Tank Dress - Page 4
My Love - Page 4
Splitter Gal; Sawman. - Page 5
Friday Night. - Page 5
My Love (Recent). - Page 7

It Is Done. :rose: - Page 7

She's Having Fun (+3). - Page 15
She's Having More Fun (+2). - Page 15
At Lumbar (Ran's edit). - Page 15
With This Ring 1. - Page 22
Sybs and the Austin Resonator. - Page 23 ***
A Bearded Blooze Man. - Page 24

Syb's Stuff - Page 33

Parrot Head. - Page 426
Happy Easter! - Page 428
The Cover of RollingStone!


Posts:
Listed as Title - by line; No by line means I prob'ly wrote it...

Real Life - by George55
Friday Night

It Is Done :rose:

Blue Monday
She Likes to be Watched
Stripping in the Headlights - by Sybilrose
Electrical Annie
Sparks in the Nursing Home
Hospital "Drive By"
Rocks And Stumps
A Future with no Twinkle
The Crazy Dance (Pt 1)
The Crazy Dance (Pt 2)
In The Early Years
Lesson Bumps
Things I've Done

Ask Me Some Questions!?
I read this entire thread the other night, stem to stern
It has many special things, words and moments, in it, and it pleases me.

But there is something missing - there are no questions.

Surely you have some, don't worry about prying - I'll let you know and won't be rude about it.

Sometimes I work best as a counter-puncher...

Just thought I'd put the invitation out there - don't feel obligated, please. :)

I copied this post here to re-emphasize the fact that this offer is still open.

$
How Anne and I Met ***


I Miss Buying Roses


Having a Beer with God

All that Remains, the Bottom

Dark As A Dungeon

The Harem

Maverick's Easter Picture



Conversations:
Every once in a while we catch lightening in a bottle and "moments" have happened on the thread. This purely subjective - if you disagree with my opinions on whether these are "those" moments, send me a PM - we'll sort it out. The link goes to the what I consider the first post of the conversation; I'll leave it to the reader to decide when it ended.

Shhhhh, Relax, and Listen

The First Coffee Klatch?


$
 
Last edited:
I hope I can express it well in English: It is difficult to find the right words. I miss auntie syb much and she was always helpful to me. I will always keep to my mind how often she kocked my ass. Explaning carefully many american things to me.

Is there something I can do for her, let it me know.

:rose:
 
True, I'm another one who has never had the pleasure of posting with this woman. She has obviously made quite an impression on those who know her here though...

I guess what I want to say is that Lit is a large web and while it may not be the so called real world, those who post here know very well how real it can be...

It always amazes me how close this community truly is, even worlds apart...

My sympathy to you and everyone here that loves her :rose:
 
TheBloozeMan said:
Thank you all so much for your sincere responses.

I was just telling Sybs about the thread and asked her if there was anything she wanted to say.

She said, "Its too early..." Well, maybe later then. :)

I have no objection to this thread being moved if it would be more appropriate elsewhere.


It is a bit early, but hey let's celebrate the wonderfulness of our dearest Aunty here!!! Have a family party in her honor :D

I have stashed away here and there some wonderful bits and pieces that Syb photoshopped and I am sure others have some too (Ran, I have an earlier version of the red room without Unkie's face being blocked out).

I hope you all don't mind if I re-size/rename and re-post some of these super wonderful things she has posted over the years here on my thread and on the family thread.
 

Attachments

  • themanthelegend.jpg
    themanthelegend.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 830
  • aunty nipps.jpg
    aunty nipps.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,171
  • rise and shine happy birthday.jpg
    rise and shine happy birthday.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 763
  • work_is_serious.jpg
    work_is_serious.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 672
Hee heee... I had been toying with the idea of a family party myself ;)

Yes, the Red Room photo passed several stages of editing if I remember well... each and every one would add something to it :D
 
Last edited:
Hey!! I just noticed that we are in AmPics!!

Thank you ShyGuy68 :rose:

Thank you Weenie :)
 
A Dear Friend sent me this... and others...

a few weeks back
after I had experianced a TIA..


was attached to a tribute to fallen hero's.


I know not who the author was...




This is why I always say I love YOU....


IF I KNEW

If I knew it would be the last time
That I'd see you fall asleep,
I would tuck you in more tightly
and pray the Lord , your soul to keep.

If I knew it would be the last time
that I see you walk out the door,
I would give you a hug and kiss
and call you back for one more

If I knew it would be the last time
I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,
I would video tape each action and word,
so I could play them back day after day.

If I knew it would be the last time,
I could spare an extra minute
to stop and say "I love you,"
instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.
If I knew it would be the last time
I would be there to share your day,
Well I'm sure you'll have so many more,
so I c an let just this one slip away.

For surely there's always tomorrow
to make up for an oversight,
and we always get a second chance
to make everything just right.

There will always be another day
to say "I love you,"
And certainly there's another chance
to say our "Anything I can do?"

But just in case I might be wrong,
and today is all I get,
I'd like to say how much I love you
and I hope we never forget.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,
young or old alike,
And today may be the last chance
you get to hold your loved one tight.

So if you're waiting for tomorrow,
why not do it today?
For if tomorrow never comes,
you'll surely regret the day,

That you didn't take that extra time
for a smile, a hug, or a kiss
and you were too busy to grant someone,
what turned out to be their one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today,
and whisper in their ear,
Tell them how much you love them
and that you'll always hold them dear

Take time to say "I'm sorry,"
"Please forgive me," "Thank you," or "It's okay."
And if tomorrow never comes,
you'll have no regrets about today.




Syb, Blooze, all the rest of "The Family"..
I Love You,
:heart:

Over the next while..

I will share the stories,
real and unreal..
that I can..
:rose:

Safety Dave
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top