Sub Drop?

I will try that next time, thanks. She'll be coming by in a week or three to work on me again. Depends on when my neck issues flare up again.

Friend = "w"

She still came over tuesday night, even after what happened. She's special.

Homburg said:
A friend came over Tuesday and did some serious deep tissue work on my neck and shoulder girdle. My neck has been a trainwreck for weeks now (probably stress from, well, you know), and it took WORK. I was beat afterwards.

I was laying in bed about 30 minutes after she left and totally without warning I just felt miserable, lost, alone, and the whole events of tuesday morning with "w" came crashing back down on me. Pure fucking misery outta nowhere.

Deep-tissue massage drop. Ugh.

I've been thinking about this thread since then, and all the endorphins I had cruising in my system from the serious pain of the deep deep-tissue work she did.

Thank you Homburg for your post. Yes, it is WHATEVER gets the endorphins going and what can occur once they are gone.

Hope your neck and all are getting better.

kayte said:
Thank you Homburg for your post. Yes, it is WHATEVER gets the endorphins going and what can occur once they are gone.

Hope your neck and all are getting better.

Neck = hurts

Maybe at some point I can get my MT back over here. Thank you for you concern though =)

Last edited:
Good afternoon everyone! Hope it is a great one for you! :)

And so enters Captain Obvious

..defender of reiteration.

~ Summed up:
Scene. Enjoy it to the max. Expunge all other thoughts and fears while doing so. Take that mental/emotional/physical vacation.
Then after, Pyl should coax you back to "normal mode" as encorporation with aftercare to lessen the effects. The pyl should then keep busy (mentally, physically or both) thereafter. And in the event it hits before action can be taken, an emergency set of rules, actions and instructions should be left by the Pyl for the pyl to do as follow up after care in their absense. If all of THAT fails, then grab the item(s) associated with Pyl and head to/call your faithful and dependable scene-friendly emergency contact and get some coverage 'till you even out. This concludes the listing of resources needed to assemble and utilize your "Post-Scene Emergency Kit". Play hard, play safe.

Did I cover everything?

*growls in base of throat and bares teeth a little*

(don'tcha just hate tripple posts?)

twysted73 said:
(don'tcha just hate tripple posts?)

Good afternoon twysted ~ They are very annoying to say the least. Don't happen as often as they did a few years ago.

Hope you are having a great week.

Well that bumps the thread. :D

Finally found a name for the occasional crying and general lousy feelings the day after I experience something incredible. J's been telling me it's normal and not something I should worry about and that it doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed whatever we've experienced together.

The first time I had a sub drop it was a big one. I cried and wanted to pull myself away from J, because obviously it was him who had made me feel that way... It's also the only time I've seriously started having second thoughts about my submissiveness. J and I are lucky enough to live together, so he pulled me back to my normal self.
Now, after very intense scenes J will assign me chores and generally keeps me busy for the next couple of days and I haven't had a sub drop so dramatic since. I still sometimes feel kind of down the day after and I might cry a bit, but nothing like the first one I had. Then I really hit the bottom.

missy_me said:
Finally found a name for the occasional crying and general lousy feelings the day after I experience something incredible. J's been telling me it's normal and not something I should worry about and that it doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed whatever we've experienced together.

The first time I had a sub drop it was a big one. I cried and wanted to pull myself away from J, because obviously it was him who had made me feel that way... It's also the only time I've seriously started having second thoughts about my submissiveness. J and I are lucky enough to live together, so he pulled me back to my normal self.
Now, after very intense scenes J will assign me chores and generally keeps me busy for the next couple of days and I haven't had a sub drop so dramatic since. I still sometimes feel kind of down the day after and I might cry a bit, but nothing like the first one I had. Then I really hit the bottom.

Hi missy ~ Welcome to Lit and to the thread. I have been told by people that finding out that what they are experiencing is a physiological reaction, and normal is great. Guess that is why I keep bumping this thread. To spread the knowledge.

There are lots of suggestions on this thread for easing the drop, perhaps you and J may find other things to assist you. :)

I am so glad you have been keeping this bumped. I have had some wicked drops- just realized I have a story waiting for some editing and I briefly mention the drops. I don't have them much now, when I do I have attributed them to drinking too much or other outside influences.

I remember one really high night I spent the entire next day crying, I felt like I was drowning, my hearing went all muffled. I didn't see that guy again because I thought it was a sign that it was a bad thing.

Is there a way there could be a request for sticky-status?

CynMarie said:
I am so glad you have been keeping this bumped. I have had some wicked drops- just realized I have a story waiting for some editing and I briefly mention the drops. I don't have them much now, when I do I have attributed them to drinking too much or other outside influences.

I remember one really high night I spent the entire next day crying, I felt like I was drowning, my hearing went all muffled. I didn't see that guy again because I thought it was a sign that it was a bad thing.

Is there a way there could be a request for sticky-status?

Hi CynMarie ~ I am very glad to hear this thread is being a help to you. :) Giving it a "sticky status" is something that could be asked of one of the monitors.

I'd like to express a concern I have about your post. Using mind altering things isn't considered a good idea when people are indulging in extreme play. Please be careful. :D

kayte said:
I'd like to express a concern I have about your post. Using mind altering things isn't considered a good idea when people are indulging in extreme play. Please be careful. :D

Oh I don't use anything stronger than alcohol (even that is rare), I was thinking other things as in life influences to bring one down- like a big ol' stack of bills or said play being a one-night-stand and having all that societal pressure to say it was bad bad bad :p As for extreme, well, I haven't needed to use that word in quite some time, heh, not since being married.

sub drop 2 parts physical amd mental

Sub drop has two parts, the first is the physical. Part of the cold/ blah/ exhausted feelings have to do with dehydration and low blood sugar. Cure aftercare consisting of a warm blanket, hugs, water and something to bring the blood sugars back up. My fav is small bits of chocolate. But oj or anuthing with natural sugars will help.

The second part is mental. Going from the highs of a good session to regular life can cause a lot of emotional baggage to float to the surface. Cure again good aftercare to begin with, reassurance and just plain old contact and communication seems to resolve most of this.

Just my opinion
DomWoolf

I think I am experiencing sub drop.

I think I first used to experience it back when my Master and I were in an ldr and mainly communicated via im and phone. But since we have been together I think I have been suffering from quite powerful drops, both emotional and physical. They happen straight after a physical 'play' session or sometimes days after one...like this week when he has been away. At first I wondered if they were are a 'drop' or if I was just an emotional wreck lol.

After play, which can be intense, I have physical reactions and I also tend to get really emotional. I feel almost euphoric and then burst into tears. I have found the main thing that helps me is to be wrapped up in his arms afterwards and just held and stroked and talked to gently.
On the odd occasion we haven't been able to do that the drop seems really bad. I find the return to 'normality' and coming down quite difficult. Reassurance and contact really helps.

I guess I'm dropping.....?

minx1 said:
I think I am experiencing sub drop.

I think I first used to experience it back when my Master and I were in an ldr and mainly communicated via im and phone. But since we have been together I think I have been suffering from quite powerful drops, both emotional and physical. They happen straight after a physical 'play' session or sometimes days after one...like this week when he has been away. At first I wondered if they were are a 'drop' or if I was just an emotional wreck lol.

After play, which can be intense, I have physical reactions and I also tend to get really emotional. I feel almost euphoric and then burst into tears. I have found the main thing that helps me is to be wrapped up in his arms afterwards and just held and stroked and talked to gently.
On the odd occasion we haven't been able to do that the drop seems really bad. I find the return to 'normality' and coming down quite difficult. Reassurance and contact really helps.

I guess I'm dropping.....?

I've never had a really bad drop, because I think drop is just what happens after the "high" you get from the release of endorphins during a play session.

Sometimes if I experience something different in play - my limits pushed a bit - I will have a freak out afterwards, like you described. But I think that's different than a drop, which is purely a physical reaction, coming down from a high.

Sorry you're feeling down right now - maybe a bath, or something similarly soothing would help?

intothewoods said:
I've never had a really bad drop, because I think drop is just what happens after the "high" you get from the release of endorphins during a play session.

Sometimes if I experience something different in play - my limits pushed a bit - I will have a freak out afterwards, like you described. But I think that's different than a drop, which is purely a physical reaction, coming down from a high.

Sorry you're feeling down right now - maybe a bath, or something similarly soothing would help?

Thats what is confusing. Some here seem to describe it as physical, others emotional....mines like a mixture lol
I'm actually fine at the moment though *smile* though thanks for the suggestions

But I have had these sudden 'drops' after I have spent time (quite intense time) with my M...but maybe you are right, its just the low after the high??
I don't know lol.
At the end of the day whatever it is...it sucks, but I'll take it and try and minimise it.....rather than miss it all together!!

minx1, you mentioned that you are also having a difficult time with Him being away at the moment. I know that feeling quite well. I can assure you that this is very normal. You are not crazy. :)

I tend to believe that what happens to me is that I tend to push myself too hard and then feel like maybe I'm disappoint Daddy. Even though He assures me I'm not, I know that there are times that I have due to my medical limitations. So I'll get down. It does help, like you said, for Him to take me in His arms and hold me and comfort me.

Now when He's away, I start to get this lost feeling. Usually not at first, but definitely harder at night. You would think after being a military spouse for the last 19 years I'd be used to it right? Nope. Has been hard all these years, I just deal with it and go on. I've always owned a big dog and a gun... LOL. (Kidding about the gun folks, sorta ;) )

I'm sure that you can get through this. I assure you that what you've posted in no way seems to me out of the norm, so take heart you'll be OK. :rose:

dixicritter said:
minx1, you mentioned that you are also having a difficult time with Him being away at the moment. I know that feeling quite well. I can assure you that this is very normal. You are not crazy. :)

I tend to believe that what happens to me is that I tend to push myself too hard and then feel like maybe I'm disappoint Daddy. Even though He assures me I'm not, I know that there are times that I have due to my medical limitations. So I'll get down. It does help, like you said, for Him to take me in His arms and hold me and comfort me.

Now when He's away, I start to get this lost feeling. Usually not at first, but definitely harder at night. You would think after being a military spouse for the last 19 years I'd be used to it right? Nope. Has been hard all these years, I just deal with it and go on. I've always owned a big dog and a gun... LOL. (Kidding about the gun folks, sorta ;) )

I'm sure that you can get through this. I assure you that what you've posted in no way seems to me out of the norm, so take heart you'll be OK. :rose:

Thanks Dixicritter :rose:

I'm probably not explaining myself very well lol. I am actually fine at the moment...well apart from missing him a lot! lol I know thats me missing him and our time together rather than a drop.

I just wondered if the feelings I sometimes experience after we have spent time together is the whole sub drop thing. Not that it matters really in terms of me giving it a label....I guess the answer is that whatever it is...you just have to do whatever you can to minimise those feelings.

My goodness I don't envy you Dixicritter...that must be really difficult! Mine was only away a week! *giggles* Though we will have some time apart again very soon. Still I am determined to get through it and get through it well...so as to make him proud.

I think we are pretty similar in that I tend to give myself a hard time too...I am my own worst critic. But I would bet that neither of us disappoint our Masters in the slightest and that they are infact very proud of us.

minx1 said:
Thanks Dixicritter :rose:

I'm probably not explaining myself very well lol. I am actually fine at the moment...well apart from missing him a lot! lol I know thats me missing him and our time together rather than a drop.

I just wondered if the feelings I sometimes experience after we have spent time together is the whole sub drop thing. Not that it matters really in terms of me giving it a label....I guess the answer is that whatever it is...you just have to do whatever you can to minimise those feelings.

My goodness I don't envy you Dixicritter...that must be really difficult! Mine was only away a week! *giggles* Though we will have some time apart again very soon. Still I am determined to get through it and get through it well...so as to make him proud.

I think we are pretty similar in that I tend to give myself a hard time too...I am my own worst critic. But I would bet that neither of us disappoint our Masters in the slightest and that they are infact very proud of us.

I know what you mean...lol. I realized that you said you were OK right now, sorry I didn't mention that in my last post.

I don't think that minimizing how we're feeling is exactly the right way to go about it honestly. To me that's like saying we don't have a right to our feelings, which I'm pretty sure isn't what you're trying to say. It is really hard to explain here. I think what needs to happen is to acknowledge and admit what we're going through. That sort of goes along with open communication to me.

Daddy wants me to let him know when I'm in that "dark" place. So that He can be there for me, to help me through it. If I were to disregard it, then He couldn't help me. It's tough to admit it sometimes, I'll grant you that, but well worth it in the long run.

Of course this is all dependant on if your Master feels the same way Daddy does...LOL... which I would assume He probably does based on what you've already posted. ;) My advice is to (as hard as it is) not try and cope with this alone, let your Master know you need His help. Believe me I KNOW just how tough that is to do. :rose:

Back