Choose your Own Adventure Styled Fantasy - 5 Players

Characters

Apologies for taking so long setting this up, but part of this comes about with characters.

I don't really want to begin until characters have been created so if people want to come now with characters, if three people arrive before the previous three have invented theres I will swap over and assume the other three don't wish to partake any longer.

Sorry if that seems mean.

Three is possibly enough for a roleplay, but a team of five just seemed fun.

Also, so far no one else seems to be replying either... so... I'm gonna give it until Monday and then start this no matter what

I'm an old hand at AD&D, but never played online. But I'm willing to give it a go.

I don't know what to do with this, as it seems at one time only one person is ever replying, and for it to work we need a reliable group of individuals, no offence.

I don't know what to do with this, as it seems at one time only one person is ever replying, and for it to work we need a reliable group of individuals, no offence.

For what it's worth, 'Boots and I are still interested in the thread but we were waiting to see what was going to happen with it.

Well, that makes three of us. don't give up yet. after looking through the other threads. once this one gets going. it will be a hit.

I'm still in, it is just that no one else posts there profiles, and I already did. I'm just waiting.

I apologise so much for the late reply. I may just begin then, with those who are interested just going ahead. If I forget anyone etc, blame me.

Could you IM me if you are definitely interested, then I can find you amongst the posts. Then I'll get going.

OK, here is my submission.

Name: Yorvik
Race: Halfling
Class: Rouge
Hair: straight and black
Height: 2’9
Weapons: Although Yorvik is proficient with all simple weapons. He prefers to arm himself with only a couple of short swords, some throwing daggers and a sling which he uses to throw lead pellets that he keeps in a pouch tied to his belt or hidden under his cloak.

Biography: At age 20 Yorvik applied and was accepted into a thieves guild and began his training to become what he likes to be call a “gentlemen’s thief”. Under their tutelage, he has learned the art of the sneak attack, finding and disabling traps of all kinds, dodging attacks with uncanny ability, and how to con people.

Description: Like most Halflings. Yorvik is a wanderer. Going from place to place, town to town, In search of opportunities to fill his pockets with gold and jewels so he can lead a life of luxury to this end he has become a thief. On the surface, his opportunistic attitude seems like larceny. But to those who know him, know he is worthy of that trust and are certain their money is safe from him.

Last edited:
Sorry, blackpenman, but you're quite impatient. You imply I'm never going to return. I was just away for the weekend.

Let Us Begin

Welcome to the Country of Astravadia, warm in climate and exotic in sensibilities. Built along the River Vos, this Venetian paradise exudes the magic of the kingdom. In her high tower of White Gold, sits The Flustered Queen, who rules through sending gilded letters throughout the city to her consorts and workmen. None have seen the Queen for many years, and none know of why she is hidden within the multistoried, leaning pillar at the centre of the city.

But YOU, gentle adventurers, begin in a tavern, a bar, a home of ales and fine liquors. The Angels Doorstop, found on the edge of the River Vos, busies itself with keeping the drinkers drunk (a collection of mostly humans, some halflings and a something other in the corner).

Outside the heat of the city has excited the thieves and those in wild gowns, and this picture of Rennaissance High Fantasy blooms into life...

You may all be sat together, or at different places around the bar, depending on your sensibilities. The place smells of fine ales and the woody aroma of adventures to be had. Some barmaids in frilled attire hand out little glasses of shorts for free after a man at the bar purchased one glass for everyone present. Inevitably one of them will reach you.

As well as the barstaff, there are three other tables of interest.

The first are a group of burly mercenaries - you can tell from the clothes, all buckles and leather - drinking from huge tankards of something dark and thick. They speak in a hushed and delicate language at times, though you know this is only for private matter between each other.

To another table, are seated three individuals in white cloaks, hoods up to hide their faces, from this angle even their genders are impossible to estimate with all the garb encircling them. They drink nothing, heads bowed, in silent meditation.

The last is the thing in the corner, all limbs and spider eyes and shadow, drinking something from a tall long glass.

OPTIONS:
SPEAK WITH ONE ANOTHER
SPEAK WITH THE BARGIRL HANDING OUT SHOTS
SPEAK WITH THE MERCENARIES
SPEAK WITH THE HOODED FELLOWS
OTHER

(SPEAKS WITH THE BARGIRL HANDING OUT SHOTS)

A halfling walks in dressed in simple deerskin outfit with a soft boots. a dark cloak hanging from his neck. Looking around the place he smiles with satisfaction..*this is my kind of place* He thinks to himself.

Taking the whole place in, He moves over to a table and sits down with his back to the wall and motions to the barmaid..."Shots.. is that all you sell here?..cause I could go for a tankard of spiced wine" he says in a high pitched Halfling

(SPEAKS TO THE MERCENARIES)

A burly, strong warrior entered the bar, and upon seeing the mercaneries, sits down to join them. He grunts to them, his only form of greeting, and takes a random shot, draining it quickly. He sets down the glass with a smack, satisified. He continues doing so, and soon he has drunk five, not caring he hasnt bought them. He than makes things interesting. He puts down five gold coins on the table. "If i dont make it past 15 shots, its all yours. If i do, you each have to pay me the same amount." he bet with them.

(OTHER - I'm going for the creepy spider-eyed guy in the corner!)

Lynn grabbed her tankard and steeled herself. Whatever was in that corner might be lonesome; it might also be a horror from beyond, just waiting for a pretty little half-elf to come over and try to talk to it before pulling her into a hell dimension the likes of which she'd never dreamed of. The odds were in her favor.

She took a long pull of the hard cider she'd ordered and walked over to the dark corner, her free shot in her other hand. As she got closer, nothing really resolved in the dimness over there - unusual, since her eyesight was at last a bit better than most people's. "Beg pardon, friend," she said softly, "but I wonder if you might want some company? If not, I'll head off, but it's rare to see someone different in a place like this."

(OTHER - talking to Lynn and the thing in the corner)

Things were getting more interesting by the minute. Tel couldn't help but grin as he leaned against the bar, downing his free shot in a quick move and sighing. The free ones always tasted better. The red haired man was taller than almost everyone in the bar save for the hugely muscled man who entered but he was lean and quick rather than bulging and brawny.

The halfing, the muscley guy, the pretty elf girl, the thing in the corner, the weird robed fellows, all very interesting. What was an enterprising young man to do with so many intriguing folk about?

He grinned and shrugged. He tended to be an outcast; why not see if his fellow outcast wanted some company? Besides, the pretty girl had already gone over there.

The acrobatic rogue turned to the barkeep, "Another for the many legged fellow or lass in the corner, and the blond's next on me as well." With that he then leaned off the bar and moved into motion towards the corner.

He raised a hand and called out well out of arm's reach. "Good evening to you both, friends. My name's Tel, and if you're of a mind for some company, I'd be glad to join you as well. I'd wager none of us is from around here; non-locals need to stick together, I always say."

Note: things in bold may lead to adventures or be important
Note 2: With different story lines in one go, expect less developed replies to each of you, a lot is going on at once from my end, which I don'tmind, but I warn you its harder to keep up with if you keep splitting up.

(SPEAKS WITH THE BARGIRL HANDING OUT SHOTS)

A halfling walks in dressed in simple deerskin outfit with a soft boots. a dark cloak hanging from his neck. Looking around the place he smiles with satisfaction..*this is my kind of place* He thinks to himself.

Taking the whole place in, He moves over to a table and sits down with his back to the wall and motions to the barmaid..."Shots.. is that all you sell here?..cause I could go for a tankard of spiced wine" he says in a high pitched Halfling

The bargirl, a buxom blond thing with a wicked look, bit her lip upon the arrival of the halfling. Being quite small herself, finding someone who was that much shorter than her gave her a little thrill. She gave him another shot, and leant over for obvious effect, "You even speak the old Halfling tongues. I thought they were only kept to the Halfling States." She spoke of course to the archipelago quite a few miles from here, where feuds were prevalent. "But I think I can get ya something, will cost though."

(To AcerbusX, I can't find you in the original list, so can you construct a character biog so I know more about you. I'll also add you to the list of players!)

(SPEAKS TO THE MERCENARIES)

A burly, strong warrior entered the bar, and upon seeing the mercaneries, sits down to join them. He grunts to them, his only form of greeting, and takes a random shot, draining it quickly. He sets down the glass with a smack, satisified. He continues doing so, and soon he has drunk five, not caring he hasnt bought them. He than makes things interesting. He puts down five gold coins on the table. "If i dont make it past 15 shots, its all yours. If i do, you each have to pay me the same amount." he bet with them.

The other Mercenaries immediately turn to the head of the table, wondering how their leader will take to such a rude entrance. At first, silence, before the head guy grunts in response and chuckles heartily, "They call me Oldbone Jaxx. Who are you?" He holds out a huge hand, the axe on his back jangling slightly, a brunette barwoman bringing the shots as required.

(OTHER - I'm going for the creepy spider-eyed guy in the corner!)

Lynn grabbed her tankard and steeled herself. Whatever was in that corner might be lonesome; it might also be a horror from beyond, just waiting for a pretty little half-elf to come over and try to talk to it before pulling her into a hell dimension the likes of which she'd never dreamed of. The odds were in her favor.

She took a long pull of the hard cider she'd ordered and walked over to the dark corner, her free shot in her other hand. As she got closer, nothing really resolved in the dimness over there - unusual, since her eyesight was at last a bit better than most people's. "Beg pardon, friend," she said softly, "but I wonder if you might want some company? If not, I'll head off, but it's rare to see someone different in a place like this."

(OTHER - talking to Lynn and the thing in the corner)

Things were getting more interesting by the minute. Tel couldn't help but grin as he leaned against the bar, downing his free shot in a quick move and sighing. The free ones always tasted better. The red haired man was taller than almost everyone in the bar save for the hugely muscled man who entered but he was lean and quick rather than bulging and brawny.

The halfing, the muscley guy, the pretty elf girl, the thing in the corner, the weird robed fellows, all very interesting. What was an enterprising young man to do with so many intriguing folk about?

He grinned and shrugged. He tended to be an outcast; why not see if his fellow outcast wanted some company? Besides, the pretty girl had already gone over there.

The acrobatic rogue turned to the barkeep, "Another for the many legged fellow or lass in the corner, and the blond's next on me as well." With that he then leaned off the bar and moved into motion towards the corner.

He raised a hand and called out well out of arm's reach. "Good evening to you both, friends. My name's Tel, and if you're of a mind for some company, I'd be glad to join you as well. I'd wager none of us is from around here; non-locals need to stick together, I always say."

The Spider Creation lifted the drink a little in quiet response and hello before shifting so they could sit on the little stools near him. He would speak in a language recognisable but not understood, a language known as Clicksnap. Upon the table before the creature, a leather bound volume of Spirescitt Fairy-tales, the creature before you one such Spirescitt. It looks them both up and down upon their arrival, going quiet, perhaps even smirking, albeit vertically.

(note: neither of you speak Clicksnap, it is a rare language not taught or learnt by many)

Jake took the mans hand a shook it. "And they call me Jake Solomon." He saw Oldbone Jaxx flash his ax, and he flashed his sword, slightly moving his coat so it could be seen. He took another shot, and banged it down like before. "You in the bet? Ive already taken 6 shots." he reminded the mercenary.

Last edited:
Tel raised his eyebrows at the unfamiliar language and the following silence of the spider-like sentient. Great; they couldn't talk to him. Well, he...or she? It. Anyway, it had offered them a seat at least.

The red haired man slid onto a stool, pulling out the other for the slender blond woman's benefit. "Thank you, friend for the moment." He didn't want to presume after all. "Afraid I don't speak your tongue, and I mean no offense by asking, but if you know ours, I'd appreciate talking in it. Otherwise, I'll just have to enjoy the company and hope you have some idea of what I'm saying."

Leaning forward. Vol eyes the flirtatious barmaid with a playful grin and flashing eyes that lights up his cherubic face. "Normally I rarely speak the tongue of my race...but I find it is a great way to get the attention of lovely barmaids." he says with a slight wink.

"So..what can you tell me of these feuds?"

Lynn sighed inaudibly. Of course, it wouldn't speak the common tongue. However, the man sitting down with them did. That was something. "I'm called Lynn," she said, "and I don't speak Clicksnap either, I'm afraid. I'll be more than happy to babble away in Common, if you like, but unless we can use hand signals - er, sign-language, rather, it seems like Tel and I will be talking to each other."

She looked over the red-haired man apprasingly for a moment. He was fairly handsome, but that only counted for so much. "Either way, I'm surprised to see someone with a book of fairy tales in a tavern. I'd be curious about the reason for it, if you can and are willing to tell us."

Jake took the mans hand a shook it. "And they call me Jake Solomon." He saw Oldbone Jaxx flash his ax, and he flashed his sword, slightly moving his coat so it could be seen. He took another shot, and banged it down like before. "You in the bet? Ive already taken 6 shots." he reminded the mercenary.

The man just laughed and collared a barmaid, who promptly brought over 15 shots of Lil' Volcano, a couple of which would easily destroy the mind of Oldbone, "Nah, I think you're mistaken." His band of brothers laughed, "Your words were "if I can't do 15 shots, all yours." He taps the coins, "You never said I was drinkin', not what you were. Now drink up, or I'm takin' them due to the fact you gave up son." Oldbone, was savvy, can't ya just tell?

Leaning forward. Vol eyes the flirtatious barmaid with a playful grin and flashing eyes that lights up his cherubic face. "Normally I rarely speak the tongue of my race...but I find it is a great way to get the attention of lovely barmaids." he says with a slight wink.

"So..what can you tell me of these feuds?"

She, rather than leaning over the lil' one provocatively like before, stands up more straight, brow furrowed, "Well you tell me, you were there probably more than I was. Why do you bring them up anyway?" Because the lass had only inquired into the lads language choice, she hadn't used the word feud once. She adjusts her top a little and tries to ignore the people wanting their drinks, wanting to speak to him a lil' more.

Tel raised his eyebrows at the unfamiliar language and the following silence of the spider-like sentient. Great; they couldn't talk to him. Well, he...or she? It. Anyway, it had offered them a seat at least.

The red haired man slid onto a stool, pulling out the other for the slender blond woman's benefit. "Thank you, friend for the moment." He didn't want to presume after all. "Afraid I don't speak your tongue, and I mean no offense by asking, but if you know ours, I'd appreciate talking in it. Otherwise, I'll just have to enjoy the company and hope you have some idea of what I'm saying."

Lynn sighed inaudibly. Of course, it wouldn't speak the common tongue. However, the man sitting down with them did. That was something. "I'm called Lynn," she said, "and I don't speak Clicksnap either, I'm afraid. I'll be more than happy to babble away in Common, if you like, but unless we can use hand signals - er, sign-language, rather, it seems like Tel and I will be talking to each other."

She looked over the red-haired man apprasingly for a moment. He was fairly handsome, but that only counted for so much. "Either way, I'm surprised to see someone with a book of fairy tales in a tavern. I'd be curious about the reason for it, if you can and are willing to tell us."

The Spider flicked his eyes between them as they talked, and possibly smirked if mandibles allow. The snide little thing reached into a bag and withdrew a blue stone, cut by experts, you could tell from the grain, hitting the table with it with some force, causing the Tavern to humble to mumbles before returning to the excited drone of conversation once more. It spoke again in that horrific language and sipped away, with a newly expanding proboscis, at its drink.

(sorry I took so long, but there we go!)

Back