FAQ's - Read Before Posting Help Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was getting ready to scream over the fact that I couldn't figure out the avatar thing...and then I read this.

Saved me a lot more grief! :D

lipsofanangel said:
I was getting ready to scream over the fact that I couldn't figure out the avatar thing...and then I read this.

Saved me a lot more grief! :D
We're glad you found it helpful, and welcome, Angel!

And it's nice to know that at least one person's looking for the answer before asking why their AV won't upload for the millionth time. :D Smart newbies are always a welcome addition to our community!

SweetErika said:

And it's nice to know that at least one person's looking for the answer before asking why their AV won't upload for the millionth time. :D Smart newbies are always a welcome addition to our community!
Oh yes indeedy. :rose:

SweetErika said:

Hey now ... some of us did the same :D ... this FAQ thread and others similar to it were a god-send when I first started posting. I was *terrified* of pissing people off. :eek: Thankfully I've kept that to a minimum, :)

Gypsybyrd said:
Hey now ... some of us did the same :D ... this FAQ thread and others similar to it were a god-send when I first started posting. I was *terrified* of pissing people off. :eek: Thankfully I've kept that to a minimum, :)
I don't get pissed off, however if I :rolleyes: much more they will probably fall out. :D
It's nice to hear from those that have found this thread useful, it means I can :) instead of :rolleyes: .
Thank you. :rose:

quoll said:
I don't get pissed off, however if I :rolleyes: much more they will probably fall out. :D
It's nice to hear from those that have found this thread useful, it means I can :) instead of :rolleyes: .

LOL ... you're welcome!

quoll said:

I have found so much of the reference resources useful at Lit. They are all bookmarked! This thread, the Blank Manual, the BDSM Library~! These have been quite remarkably helpful...so THANKS everybody! A lot! :) :rose: :D

poppy1963 said:
I have found so much of the reference resources useful at Lit. They are all bookmarked! This thread, the Blank Manual, the BDSM Library~! These have been quite remarkably helpful...so THANKS everybody! A lot! :) :rose: :D
You're very welcome Poppy. :rose:

Damn...this site has been around a long time!

I was just wondering...why it says that my Join Date is Dec 1969?

I neither joined in December or obviously in 1969. Amusing yet confusing.

Can this be changed?

thegreatlb said:
I was just wondering...why it says that my Join Date is Dec 1969?

I neither joined in December or obviously in 1969. Amusing yet confusing.

Can this be changed?
It's a glitch in the system - I think it happened to people who joined while upgrades were taking place. AFAIK, it can be changed manually by the Admins, but don't bet on that.

Your best shot is PMing Manu and asking if it's not too much trouble to change it to your real join date. :)

Thanks anyway

SweetErika said:
It's a glitch in the system - I think it happened to people who joined while upgrades were taking place. AFAIK, it can be changed manually by the Admins, but don't bet on that.

Your best shot is PMing Manu and asking if it's not too much trouble to change it to your real join date. :)

Thanks SweetErika. I'll probably just leave it as it is though. If anything, its a interesting conversation starter.

merlinsapprentice said:
Hi Quoll,
When I try to log in on the main page Sweet Erica suggested
http://english.literotica.com:81/members/main.php
Nothing happens...it just returns to the same log-in box repeatedly.
I have to type my name into the forum site everytime to log on.
I have changed my password a few times, but it's always been like this ever since I joined. I wasn't too worried because I could always get on....but I can't change details on my biography. I can change avatar, profile pic, signature line....But I guess I'm always going to be the same age, size, sexuality and live in the Uk....I guess one out of 3 aint bad lol.

Just seen this, so you have probably solved the problem.

If not, try this. I had the same problem and the people on the site were aware of it but could not help. The problem seems to be the 'com:81' suffix which gets blocked by a lot of firewalls.

After a lot of trial and error, I disabled my firewwall, logged on the main story site perfectly, the re-enabled the firewall again. Never had a problem since.

Hope this helps.

Titles

ok got 1001 posts but still can't change title ...has the amount changed?

ok sorry nevermind I just had to log out and back in! heh

my stories

Hello this is my 1st time and im kind of confused of where to post my stories at. Can someone help me with that.

msharris39 said:
Hello this is my 1st time and im kind of confused of where to post my stories at. Can someone help me with that.
Msharris, go to the main site, http://www.literotica.com, and click on the 'Stories' link. There is info on how to become a Lit author/publish stories on that page.

You can get ideas, feedback, talk about writing and find a volunteer editor in their respective forums on this (the discussion board) part of the site though. I'd strongly suggest taking advantage of the editor program especially, as I've yet to meet an author (myself included, and I AM an editor!) who can't use another pair of eyes to catch errors and provide invaluable feedback that will really improve the reception their stories get from readers. :)

Thanks for using the FAQ!

Im confused on the category section on the submit form. Im not sure where to list my story under, for example like the title(monster dick). :confused:

Hope I did not overlook it. All the shots show for me as (fgrtwehe.jpg) is there a setting I can change so they will show as thumbnails so I can see them before opening them all the way up?

azbbear said:
Hope I did not overlook it. All the shots show for me as (fgrtwehe.jpg) is there a setting I can change so they will show as thumbnails so I can see them before opening them all the way up?
Azbear, there's no setting to make attachments thumbnails, although if you use firefox, you can get an extension/add-on called CoolIris that gives a preview of the page or image when you mouse-over links.

You lost me on the fgrtwehe.jpg thing, though.

SweetErika said:
Azbear, there's no setting to make attachments thumbnails, although if you use firefox, you can get an extension/add-on called CoolIris that gives a preview of the page or image when you mouse-over links.

You lost me on the fgrtwehe.jpg thing, though.

Sory about that :eek: just ment what ever the photo was named. Thanks for the help thow.

i have my 100 posts but it still won't let me put on my avatar.. i've logged in and out several times. Am i missing something?

nh23 said:
i have my 100 posts but it still won't let me put on my avatar.. i've logged in and out several times. Am i missing something?
Yeah, it's only been a few minutes, and you may have to log out, clear your cookies (for Lit), close your browser, THEN log back in.

If the option still doesn't work, wait several hours, then try again. Sometimes it takes the system a bit to realize you have the option.

Patience, Grasshopper. ;)

:rose: ty..now i have the option. Just waiting for someone to resize a pic for me in the thread for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back