Does everyone on here really hate Nascar?

pink

No title
I know they mostly drive on ovals but it really can be very exciting racing.

I was going to make it a poll but screwed it up, sorry.

Oh yeah, btw, my ear is still healing nicely. The itching is a tiny bit better. i know you all were dying to know an update.

You have to be a special kind of Redneck to enjoy Nascar. Not the kind who enjoy wrestling. Nascar is to rednecks what cock fighting is to hispanics or dog fighting is to blacks. IF you've sank that low you should be rehabilitated.

You have to be a special kind of Redneck to enjoy Nascar. Not the kind who enjoy wrestling. Nascar is to rednecks what cock fighting is to hispanics or dog fighting is to blacks. IF you've sank that low you should be rehabilitated.

I LOVE Nascar and find it offensive that you compare watching it to blacks and dog fighting or cock fighting. That is awful.

Last edited:
I LOVE Nascar and find it offensive that you compare watching it to blacks and dog fighting or cock fighting. That is awful.

Your absolutely right. Three sports that are cruel to the participants, two that are fun to watch. One involves driving in circles for hours by stupid people. Zero that have a place in the world.

Awwwwhofriggencares.gif

C'mon.

You got too much good furniture in your mental house to be that guy, guy.

I probably should have added in Bull Fighting is to Spainards. Nascar is turrible. Simply turrible.

I don't hate it but I definitely don't understand the appeal of it.

I like NASCAR. I used to watch it a lot more, but the past few years it's fallen out of favor around the Savage Estate.

Even if I don't watch the race, I still check the standings and keep up with the #24 car.

Your absolutely right. Three sports that are cruel to the participants, two that are fun to watch. One involves driving in circles for hours by stupid people. Zero that have a place in the world.

Whatever, you're an idiot. I don't mind you hating Nascar but to bring dog fighting and cock fighting into this is just cruel.

Whatever, you're an idiot. I don't mind you hating Nascar but to bring dog fighting and cock fighting into this is just cruel.

I know it's a bit of a drive for the Average redneck but can't they take up Seal Clubbing? Even that's more honorable than their chosen sport. Or Shark Finnin?

I'll admit to watching Nascar racing, but only coz I used to live next door to Marcus Ambrose.
I will also freely admit that I just don't get the rules.
Free passes? Lead lap bonuses? And no idea whatsoever how the points work.

I never have or would watch it on TV, but I have friends who come to Vegas every year with their RV and park at the infield for our big event here. I went one year with them because I'm curious like that, and it was hella fun. Not so much the racing, although all that speed was oh so delicious, but it's the whole atmosphere. Everyone was super friendly all out just to have a good time talking to people, shopping, drinking, eating...that part I get. But on TV? You lose the best parts IMHO.

I'll admit to watching Nascar racing, but only coz I used to live next door to Marcus Ambrose.
I will also freely admit that I just don't get the rules.
Free passes? Lead lap bonuses? And no idea whatsoever how the points work.

I don't understand every little rule either but it doesn't keep me from enjoying the races.

When you lead a lap, you get a point. east as that. As to the point system, I don't want to tell you wrong but I think it depends on how many cars you pass each race. you get points for that.

I'd rather go to a race than watch it on TV. I hated it for years and then was given a ticket to the cup race, so I went. I remembered to take my shooting headphones so I didn't go deafer. I had a good time, talked to some decent folks, drank not a drop, and the race was interesting.

I will say that NASCAR has become irrelevant to what you drive on the roads. Forty years ago, if it won on Sunday, you could buy one just (almost) like it on Monday. The cars look too similar any more, and they little resemble anything in the dealer showrooms.

Now, drag racing on the other hand . . . . :D

I'd rather go to a race than watch it on TV. I hated it for years and then was given a ticket to the cup race, so I went. I remembered to take my shooting headphones so I didn't go deafer. I had a good time, talked to some decent folks, drank not a drop, and the race was interesting.

I will say that NASCAR has become irrelevant to what you drive on the roads. Forty years ago, if it won on Sunday, you could buy one just (almost) like it on Monday. The cars look too similar any more, and they little resemble anything in the dealer showrooms.

Now, drag racing on the other hand . . . . :D

Now see, drag racing does not thrill me at all.

I'm sort of indifferent to it, but there is a kinda cool aspect to the cars, I guess. But if it has to be about cars and racing, I would be more into watching a Fast And The Furious street racer kinda gig.

I also had a week-long date with someone I met in one of my 'net forums back in the day who worked with Nascar out on the West Coast and came here on a biz trip...we hooked up and she hipped me to a bit of it...so I got that kinda bias, won't front on it. :D

I'm sort of indifferent to it, but there is a kinda cool aspect to the cars, I guess. But if it has to be about cars and racing, I would be more into watching a Fast And The Furious street racer kinda gig.

I also had a week-long date with someone I met in one of my 'net forums back in the day who worked with Nascar out on the West Coast and came here on a biz trip...we hooked up and she hipped me to a bit of it...so I got that kinda bias, won't front on it. :D

I think you kinda have to love cars. *nodding*

Now see, drag racing does not thrill me at all.

But it's related, in a way, and the drags are over very quickly - which might mean that you're implying that I'm ADD/H. ;)

I'd like to go to an autocross and check that out. I understand a lot of street vehicles participate, and that they have oodles of classes for different cars, so that might be neat . . . and a compromise of sorts.

I've actually never watched. I went to some race in Pomona back in the day. Fuck it was hot there.

Back