J.J. Abrams to direct new Star Wars movies.

Dude people remember entire conversations from that film. Just because it didn't produce any usable quotes isn't really fair in this particular case. How many times is someone going to walk up and ask you what are you without your suit of armor so you can reply: A genius, billionaire, playboy? Or "I'm bringing the party to you?" I guess it's not difficult to work "I'm always angry" in.

It's not just about the quotes though. People just simply don't remember movies that are all action. Let's face it, that movie had about 3% plot, and 97% explosions. It's just not memorable. There is always one 'explosions' movie every year that people all go to. In 2012 it was Avengers. If you look at what the highest grossing films were this year, the next 'explosion' film is Battleship at 47, only pulling in 65.4 million. all the other movies are things like Skyfall, The Hunger Games, Les Mis., and Lincoln. Although those varied throughout the charts, they were all above any crazy action movie. People remember quotes and scenes alike from inspirational movies as opposed to violent ones. It's just how it works.

I think a lot of people remember a lot of Avengers. It just failed to deliver a line that can be used. The Matrix for all the love it gets is practically a strung together fight sequence but people will remember several quotes from that flick for years simply because they are fairly easy to throw around.

I think a lot of people remember a lot of Avengers. It just failed to deliver a line that can be used. The Matrix for all the love it gets is practically a strung together fight sequence but people will remember several quotes from that flick for years simply because they are fairly easy to throw around.

But in Matrix, there is a plot. Something actually happens. If you watch the Avengers, you'll find that in order to have a real plot, you must go watch Iron Man, Iron Man II, The Hulk, Thor, and Captain America.

But in Matrix, there is a plot. Something actually happens. If you watch the Avengers, you'll find that in order to have a real plot, you must go watch Iron Man, Iron Man II, The Hulk, Thor, and Captain America.

But it's still a plot.

Great movie quotes are hard to come by.

The Avengers covers it's own plot rather well, the only reason you need to watch the former movies is to get the "Hi, my name is" parts that the Avengers skip right over because the entire point of the other films was to get those introductions out of the way. This is true of almost any team up story whether it's Batman and Superman, Freddy vs Jason or Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers is that if you're watching/reading/playing this you're probably already familiar with the franchises so lets just skip to the fun parts.

The Avengers covers it's own plot rather well, the only reason you need to watch the former movies is to get the "Hi, my name is" parts that the Avengers skip right over because the entire point of the other films was to get those introductions out of the way. This is true of almost any team up story whether it's Batman and Superman, Freddy vs Jason or Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers is that if you're watching/reading/playing this you're probably already familiar with the franchises so lets just skip to the fun parts.

But you see, it was just a continuation of the plots in the movie. The whole 'plot' that you speak of is just them trying desperately to get together. They could have covered the in-team turmoil in a half an hour, and then created a real plot based on some sort of underlying theme. Like the Matrix had its theme as, 'What are we worth as humans?' or 'Will all future technology be for our benefit?' The Avengers has no question that it answers. No one is wiser for the experience, except for possibly the Hulk.

Yes! I am overly psyched! Although I'm not sure how my Star Trek side of me is doing, as he is directing that as well. It's getting messy in there. Anyway, he did a great job with the first Star Trek, plus all his TV shows, so I am prepared to say that this movie will for sure best I, II, and III.
I'm disgusted Abrams did such a lousy job with Star Trek he ever made the Star Trek the Motio Picture look good by comparison.

Thank you for your opinion on old news. We care.

Well, it's news to me, actually. I know Lucas originally envisioned a nine-part series of three trilogies, including one set after the death of the Emperor and Darth Vader in ROTJ. Is that what Abrams will be doing?

Never mind all that, anyway, who cares. When are we going to get Buckaroo Banzai vs. The World Crime League!? :mad::(

the Matrix was drivel

I'm disgusted Abrams did such a lousy job with Star Trek he ever made the Star Trek the Motio Picture look good by comparison.

Really? I thought the new Star Trek was great! Great casting too! Why didn't you like it?

Back