CSI Leicester. Fuck Kennedy and a grassy knoll! this real history.

hobbit.

Gods rep on Earth.
Richard III's remains: Leicester car park dug up

OK so the cunt was of the house of York ~spits~ but he was a king, fuck with our kings and we will hunt you down! not just bomb some third world cuntry like Afghanistan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-19361350

A bid to find the remains of England's King Richard III is starting more than 500 years after his death on a Leicestershire battlefield.

A University of Leicester archaeological team is digging in the city's Grey Friars car park where they think he may have been buried.

King Richard III was killed at Bosworth in 1485 and his body taken to a Franciscan Friary in the city.

How do you know his knoll was grassy?

All English knolls were grassy in Richard III's time.

If they weren't grassy, they weren't knolls.

They might be copses, or hills, or rocky eminences or of some other description, but if they were a hump covered in grass, they were knolls...

Last edited:
I really do not understand why this is so important.
Artifacts, ok. Bones of a long-dead king, not so much.

I really do not understand why this is so important.
Artifacts, ok. Bones of a long-dead king, not so much.

Some Canadian guy claims to be related to the yorkist piece of royalty/shit*, if DNA evidence proves this to be correct he (the canadian) may have to go on a trip through a Paris tunnel... The Duke of Edinburgh has been released from hospital and is on stand by.

so it is vital.

*delete as applicable

Some Canadian guy claims to be related to the yorkist piece of royalty/shit*, if DNA evidence proves this to be correct he (the canadian) may have to go on a trip through a Paris tunnel... The Duke of Edinburgh has been released from hospital and is on stand by.

so it is vital.

*delete as applicable

Many people are related to royalty. The royal lines produced many sons and daughters who married and produced offspring.

According to Ancestry.Com I am descended from Henry III - if I believe that one of my maternal ancestors married a younger daughter of a disgraced Earl. It is possible.

There is an unusually named woman in my 18thC maternal ancestry, a Lettice Pryke. She had 12 children, all of whom survived to adulthood, married and had children. Someone else, also descended from Lettice, has searched Ancestry and found 2,500 or so living people who could claim descent from her.

So the younger daughter from the 14th Century could have tens of thousands of living descendants. But can they prove it?

If they can, her documented line goes back to most of European nobility and royalty, including, if you believe some chroniclers, the Norse God Woden.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has a well documented ancestral line but the earlier parts of it are probably based on legends rather than facts. IF you believe what was recorded in medieval times she too is descended from Woden, but also from one of Julius Caesar's children (who had innumerable illegitimate children as well) and through him the Goddess Venus (and/or Aphrodite).

When I was young, my aged Welsh neighbour's family recited his full ancestry on every birthday. His name was Thomas Thomas Thomas (known as Tommy Thrice) and his ancestry started something like this:

"Thomas the son of Thomas the postman, the son of Thomas the groom, the son of Thomas who married Gwyneth from Caer Gybi..." and so on to a man who descended from Mount Snowdon after the Welsh equivalent of Noah's Flood.

These days the majority of knolls would be lucky to have even a landing strip on them.

These days the majority of knolls would be lucky to have even a landing strip on them.

A knoll would have to be levelled to make a landing strip.

In Richard III's position in history (thanks to Shakespeare), buried under a car park seems about right.

A knoll would have to be levelled to make a landing strip.

In Richard III's position in history (thanks to Shakespeare), buried under a car park seems about right.

I was thinking more of this type of landing strip.;)

tumblr_m88vlwphUf1rajgduo1_500.jpg

Many people are related to royalty. The royal lines produced many sons and daughters who married and produced offspring.

According to Ancestry.Com I am descended from Henry III - if I believe that one of my maternal ancestors married a younger daughter of a disgraced Earl. It is possible.

There is an unusually named woman in my 18thC maternal ancestry, a Lettice Pryke. She had 12 children, all of whom survived to adulthood, married and had children. Someone else, also descended from Lettice, has searched Ancestry and found 2,500 or so living people who could claim descent from her.

So the younger daughter from the 14th Century could have tens of thousands of living descendants. But can they prove it?

If they can, her documented line goes back to most of European nobility and royalty, including, if you believe some chroniclers, the Norse God Woden.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has a well documented ancestral line but the earlier parts of it are probably based on legends rather than facts. IF you believe what was recorded in medieval times she too is descended from Woden, but also from one of Julius Caesar's children (who had innumerable illegitimate children as well) and through him the Goddess Venus (and/or Aphrodite).

When I was young, my aged Welsh neighbour's family recited his full ancestry on every birthday. His name was Thomas Thomas Thomas (known as Tommy Thrice) and his ancestry started something like this:

"Thomas the son of Thomas the postman, the son of Thomas the groom, the son of Thomas who married Gwyneth from Caer Gybi..." and so on to a man who descended from Mount Snowdon after the Welsh equivalent of Noah's Flood.

WTF are you rambling on about? you have a distant relative called lettuce prick? you have some thing going on with an ancient norse god? you once lived in a deprived area near to nogin the nog, son of nogin the nog ? Wales should have been drowned under a great flood?

An update.

Tug-of-war brews over ‘king in car park’

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4a7290da-6e2b-11e2-983d-00144feab49a.html#ixzz2JrmnGjZq

A dispute is looming over which city should become the burial place of King Richard III if bones found in Leicester last summer are confirmed to be those of the medieval monarch and last of the Yorkist kings.

After painstaking laboratory testing, the findings of the search for the “king in the car park” – the dig took place at a council-owned site reserved for the cars of city social workers – are to be revealed on Monday at a press conference in the Midlands city.

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4a7290da-6e2b-11e2-983d-00144feab49a.html#ixzz2JrmriTwC

Some have suggested the remains should be buried at Westminster Abbey in London, the resting place of 17 monarchs and the principal burial place for royals since medieval times.

The Richard III Foundation, based in Virginia in the US, has said he should be interred in York Minster, where the monarch had planned to be buried.

John Mann, Labour MP for Bassetlaw, which includes Worksop, caused laughter in the Commons in October when he suggested the remains should be buried in the Nottinghamshire town – half way between York and Leicester.

Chris Skidmore, a Conservative MP and historian, tabled an early day motion calling for a state funeral for the king if the remains were verified.

Meanwhile, Leicester city council has spent £850,000 to buy a former grammar school building beside the dig site to use as a Richard III visitor centre.

Sir Peter Soulsby, Leicester’s mayor, has declared: “Those bones leave Leicester over my dead body.”

Richard III was always known to have been buried in Leicester following his defeat and death at the Battle of Bosworth in 1485 – an event that ended the Wars of the Roses, with the Plantagenet dynasty replaced by the Tudors.

However, after the dissolution of the monasteries in the 1530s, there were reports that his remains were thrown into the nearby River Soar. Indeed, the GoLeicestershire website, which offers a Richard III heritage trail, was still sticking to this version of events at the weekend.

Archaeologists from the University of Leicester have taken a DNA sample from a Canadian furniture maker, who is a 17th-generation descendant of one of Richard’s sisters, in an attempt to prove that the 500-year-old skeleton is that of Richard III.

Richard Buckley, the university’s lead archaeologist, said in September the skeleton found was “a prime candidate for Richard III – the location, spinal abnormalities, and battle trauma all point to it being Richard”.

The skeleton shows signs of trauma to the skull, while a barbed iron arrowhead was found lodged between two vertebrae.

It also displays signs of severe scoliosis – a curvature of the spine – although not as pronounced as that depicted by Shakespeare’s portrayal of the king as a hunchback.

The battle’s victor, Henry VII, is said to have paraded Richard’s body through the Leicester streets to show people that his adversary was dead. As the defeated king, he was given a low-key burial in a Franciscan friary – the site of last summer’s dig.

The dispute over his final resting place was compared by one local to medieval cities fighting each other over saints’ relics in an attempt to attract pilgrim visitors – a source of revenue similar to today’s tourism.

from http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4a7290da-6e2b-11e2-983d-00144feab49a.html#axzz2JrlJM2Mb

Americans - do not fuck with our history!

Glad the yorkist twat is dead personally, but at least he was one of our yorkist twats.

Why are you down on Yorkists anyway? The present House of Windsor has no more or less connection to the Lancastrians than to the Yorkists.

Back