Two Heart's One Heart Beat (Closed)

Mayu

Ghost Of Who I Was
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Posts
22,651
It had been going on five years since the death of Rose, she was her best friend along with her other best friend Otto Octavius. It had been a very hard time for Otto. She had almost finish college, and was going to check on her friend. A professor was talking to her about his work and wanted to see it. So she decided to go to him, besides only time they talked was on a phone. So she went in with a key he gave her. And then headed inside, she removed her jacket and bag and sighed a bit. Walking up to some stairs she stopped at the top and could almost still see where she died, in her head. But she heard someone and looked up.

Robin noticed some of Otto's work and looked it over, her eyes went wide seeing what he was doing. Heading to his work room she grabbed some goggles and went in. Looking at him with a machine to his back, she smiled some and watched quietly and slowly. But when they looked at one another she smiled. And she removed the goggles and put them on the table beside her. Robin walked up to him and smiled at Otto and was really happy for him.

"I'm proud of you Otto" She looked at him and she rested her head on his shoulder.
 
Last edited:
Otto held Robin in the hug as she rested her head on his shoulder. He tried to suppress the feelings he had for her, but Rose and he talked about it. If he or her had died they each promised the other they would find happiness in another partner. Problem was for otto, it was his work. Not a person.

He stepped back and unhooked the large machine from his back that held the 8 arms to it so he could manipulate precious objects in experiements. They really were a wonder.

He looked at Robin and asked her “Do you have plans for dinner? I hate eating alone.”
 
She looked at him, seeing him remove it. It looked like it hurt, she was about to ask him something. But then he asked about dinner and shook her head. "No I don't have any dinner plans" Robin said with a kind smile. "You have spent to much time alone, now that I'm graduating from college tomorrow id l like to ask to become your assistant"
 
"My assistant hmmm?" He raised a curious eyebrow which was mostly just to frustrate her when he knew she was more than overqualified.
"And what could YOU bring to my research that say any lab assistant couldn't?"
He smiled coyly as he said it.
 
She smiled at him and thought "besides my IQ? i know your research inside and out, I went to college with some science, medical, machine engineering. Worked with AI, have a photo graphic memory. And that's the boring stuff" She laughed.
 
He indulged her. "well an iq is necessary to compete with all these others who claim they are lab assistants. But those qualifications will put you in the top percentile. How about you join me for dinner and we discuss this further. Anything against chinese? There's a great place I know across town." He put his coat on and held the door open for her to exit as he watched her walk through it. She smelt nice he thought.
 
She smiled "Very true on that Otto" She chuckled and grabbed her jacket, as she exited the building she put her jacket on and looked at him. "Chinese sounds good, it's been a while since Ive had any" Robin said with a very innocent smile on her face, and she took his arm. "I was hoping you would come to my graduation tomorrow, it's at one in the afternoon" She said happily. "Since I did a little project that I am dedicating to you" She smiled.
 
As she asked him to come to her graduation a small sense of pride came over him at her graduating. He smiled softly and said"Of course I'll be there. You can count on it." He lead her to his car as they drove over to teh restaurant and got a table.
It was quiet as rush hour dinner time hadn't hit full swing yet.
They ordered and he smiled at her and said "I don't think you have to worry about getting competition for the lab assistant. I think it's as good as yours. " He winked at her.
"But i do want you to know feel free to explore any new avenues you choose while in my lab. My equiupement your equipment understand?"
 
She was glad that he was going to come, since no one else would be there. That and she was proud of Otto, wanting him to be in her life as much as possible. When they got to the restaurant, and she heard what he said to her she nodded. "I understand Otto, think it's nicer to work with someone your closer to any way. Since we have like ten or so years of knowing each other, I know we will work great together"
 
He nodded at the comment of working well together when you know someone already. "this is true and you don't get annoyed say if they have a wierd habit like eating ramyen noodles for lunch or snacks even when clearly they're unhealthy." He grinned at her knowing full well she loved those damn instant noodle packs but never understood why.
 
She laughed some "Hey no picking on me Otto Octavius" She smirked some, she always had a damn good sense of humor. When there meals came she sat back and began to enjoy it. "So I see your project is coming along nicely" She said with a kind look. "Is it hard to control those arms? Since I know you control it using your mind"
 
He proceeded to eat and explain to her the ideas behind the arms. How they connected right into his brain via his spinal cord but that a chip prevented them from interferring with higher functions. He really also couldn't help but enjoy the food a little as they ate. He really enjoyed comming here.
 
She listened and nodded "But what happens if there was a big shock to your system Otto? I mean is it possible for the chip to break and the AI to take over?" She asked curiously, she had always enjoyed sushi and everything to do with Pasta.
 
He paused and looked deeply into space considering what she said and almost not wanting to acknowledge it.
"IF it happened. And that's a BIG IF, if the chip were fried or broken somehow, then my mind would be overun yes it's true. But it all the simulations i've done on the chip it's proven 99% effective with all simulations. Even the most drastic environments i could think of, the chip came out ok. So you don't need to worry."
He unconsiously reached out and touched her hand when he said don't worry. He wasn't sure why, he guessed it was just they knew each other so long.
 
She smiled when he took her hand, it made her just want to reach over the table and kiss him. But of course she didn't have the guts to do that, and she didn't want to seem eager or childish. "There is always a 1 percent chance Otto, but I trust you. If you have confidence in the chip I do to" Robin said kindly. "I just don't want anything to happen to you Otto" She said softly.
 
"of course there is always a risk when you do science." Otto started philosophizing."I'm sure when they were working on the A-Bomb they made a few mistakes with the risks they took."
"So what kinds of things are you looking forward to after graduation and beyond being my lab assistant? What do you think your future has in store for you?" Otto beamed widely.
 
She looked at him unsure of what to say "Well besides working with you? Id have to say study more really. I love to learn new things, maybe try and invent something, don't ask me what right now" She chuckled some. "Otto there is something...." She couldn't look into his eyes she was beyond embarrassed. "We have known each other since I was little, we both have been through a lot. We both have suffered loss and have helped each other, but through all this time ive...fallen in love with you"
 
Otto's mouth dropped. He wasn't one for the romantic notions and didn't know what to say.
"Er....well...Robin, I mean I'm flattered too...I don't know what to say,"
He wasn't ready to acknowledge his feelings to her just yet. Although he looked past Robin's shoulder and he saw an image of Rose. Standing there almost giving him her blessing to tell Robin.
"Robin.....I ........"He looked into her eyes.
"Have deep feelings for you to...but how about let's talk about them outside the restaurant and get some air?"

Otto asked for the check as they left the restaurant and took Robin by the arm and they walked into the park.
"I do have feelings for you Robin. I have now for a while." Otto confessed.
 
She looked at him finally and nodded, once they got out for some air, she had him by the arm. Walking through the park and enjoyed the night, it was a beautiful night. But when he confessed that he had feelings for her she was beyond taken back, she didn't know what to say. "I didn't know if I should tell you, You have been through a lot and so busy. I was afraid you would see me as just a child, because of the age difference. But I care for you and love you very much, Ive never been good with expressing feelings"
 
"Age difference, haha, don't worry about it. You're a good friend and colleague. As long as you and I both know our feelings towards eacch other we don't need to worry about what others think." He looked into her eyes and gave her a deep kiss.
 
She smiled "Like I care what others think" She said simply, but when he leaned down and gave her a deep kiss. She thought she was going to actually melt, she didn't care if everyone watched them she was enjoying the kiss. She stroked his cheek lovingly.
 
As they kissed he felt her hand against his cheek and almost collapsed. He broke hte kiss and said "Let's head back to teh lab to do some "Physical" reasearch." He chuckled at the pun.
 
She was taken back by what he said, yet again, but smiled and laughed at what he said. "Someone is frisky and I had no idea" She said sweetly. Otto took her back to his car, and drove back to the lab. Once inside she removed her jacket and put it out of the way. She sat down on a couch that was in there and relaxed, sitting back.
 
Otto sat down on the couch with her and leaned in for another kiss. He touched her lips, they felt so moist and he had gone so long without a woman's touch it was like a drug. He wanted more. He caressed her head and ears gently as he kissed her.
 
Robin smiled at him, and when he kissed her it didn't take long for the kiss to grow deeper. She knew it had been at least five years since he has been with a woman, she on the other hand never. But she wasn't going to say anything, it was to embarrassing to admit. Keeping yourself for a man, some thought it was kind of silly, then again Otto was different. She moaned in the kiss.
 
Back
Top