D/s with music

Shankara20

Well, that is lovely
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Posts
58,464
.

index.jpg




DANCE - Power exchange with music......
 
I love dance.
There is something about the interaction of two people in motion to music that it near magic for me.
Couples dancing moving hand-in-hand,
touching,
moving together
one forward
the other backward - side to side - round and round.

*sigh*

each knowing how the other moves,
one leading

one following

*sigh*


and then there is TANGO


Tango, all the above - and more....

so much more....


tango-freiburg.jpg


so very very much more....
 
I wish I was that limber and well small enough to preform such moves. :eek:

But I love to dance. I have been belly dancing for 2 years now, nothing profesionally taught mind you, just what I've learned from videos and book and a few tips from some girls I know who do teach it and have danced for years. I love dressing in the light layers, chains and bells and coins about my body. Moving seductively to the music as my Master watches. I can not wait to preform this task infront of him when he can take me as he wishes. *purr* Until then....I practice. ;)
 
(Hey, baby, what do I have to do)
(To make a hit with you)

You gotta dance with me Henry (All right, baby)
Dance with me Henry (Don't mean maybe)
Rock with me Henry (Any old time)
Talk to me Henry (Don't change your mind)
Dance with me Henry (All right)
You better dance while the music goes on
Roll on, roll on, roll on

While the cats are ballin' (Roll on, roll on)
You better stop your stallin' (Roll on, roll on)
Its intermission in a minute (Roll on, roll on)
So you better get with it (Roll on, roll on)
Dance with me Henry (Roll on, roll on)
You better dance while the music goes on
Roll on, roll on, roll on

Oooo-ooo-ooo-wee
Henry, you aint movin' me
You better feel that boogie beat
And get the lead out of your feet

You gotta dance with me Henry
Dance with me Henry
Rock with me Henry
Talk to me Henry
Dance with me Henry
You better dance while the music goes on

Roll, roll, roll
Roll, roll, roll
Rock, rock, rock
Rock, rock, rock
Roll, roll, roll
Roll on, roll on, roll on

Rock with me Henry (All right, baby)
Dance with me Henry (Don't mean maybe)
Rock with me Henry (Any old time)
Dance to me Henry (Don't change your mind)
Jump with me Henry (All right)
You better dance, dance while the music goes on

ROCK!
 
the captians wench said:
I wish I was that limber and well small enough to preform such moves. :eek:

But I love to dance. I have been belly dancing for 2 years now, nothing profesionally taught mind you, just what I've learned from videos and book and a few tips from some girls I know who do teach it and have danced for years. I love dressing in the light layers, chains and bells and coins about my body. Moving seductively to the music as my Master watches. I can not wait to preform this task infront of him when he can take me as he wishes. *purr* Until then....I practice. ;)

movement to music IS great no matter how you do it...
 
Damn, Shank. This takes me back. Way, way back.

Fall of 1972. I'm in junior high school, and Helen Reddy's feminist anthem "I Am Woman" is at the top of the Billboard charts. Every girl in my class seems to hum it on a daily basis, with a sassy flip of the hair and a mocking laugh.

One day my parents announce that I need to take ballroom dancing lessons. Why? Their answer: "So you can learn how do it, of course." Great. :rolleyes:

First night of class. Boys in suits & ties on one side of the room, standing around in sullen groups of 2 or 3 and mumbling & cursing under our breath. Girls in fancy dresses on the other side of the room, all clustered together in a delighted, giggling mass.

The instructor tells us to line up in two rows facing each other, boys opposite girls, about 3 feet apart. So we do.

I end up facing Julie K., a pretty girl with soft brown eyes and a very cute smile. Unfortunately, like all the other girls, Julie is looking a bit too pleased with both herself and the situation.

I think to myself: Fuck. My feet hurt in these ridiculous shoes. But then I hear:

"This only works if the boy leads and the girl follows. Not sometimes. Not when you feel like it. Always. Every minute of the dance."

"Boys, you maintain control at all times by placing a firm hand on your partner's back and looking her directly in the eyes. Never look down at the floor or at the other couples in the room. Always maintain control of your partner with your hand and your gaze."

I grin and stare straight at Julie, who suddenly looks bewildered, lowering her eyes as her cheeks turn pink.

I have achieved my first Drop & Blush. Fanfuckingtastic.

The instructor explains the stance and the movement. The music starts, and Julie & I assume the position. And as I take my first step forward, and Julie steps back, the one thought in my mind is........

Helen Reddy, kiss my waltzing white ass. :cool:


Shankara20 said:
DANCE - Power exchange with music......
Exactly.
 
Last edited:
Ohh goodness Sir Shank you started this thread to get me off kilter, then again .....

I happen to know Miss Babiesmiles is an 'amateur' flamenco dancer ( 14years if I recall correctly ) ........her words not mine......smiles

We discussed awhile back flamenco as the imagery etc is not a stretch from tango. Hmmn the tango scene in Scent of A Woman ...........exhales

addtoSirShanksthread.jpg

and this :rose:

I pray that works pm me if it doesn't please :rose:
 
Last edited:
It takes two to Tango - both must be accomplished in the part they play.

For as long as the music plays the real world goes away, taking with it all its rules of behavior. PC-ness is placed on hold.

The music is at times violent & chaotic then tender & lyrical.

Tango is competition. In the bordellos of Argentina there were more customers than women. The woman would choose their next customer by dancing the Tango with those men blatantly looking for a sexual encounter. Everyone know this was about sex, the men showing strength and power and rhythm, the women making the choice about who would be allowed the honor of paying for her services.

(The man - strength, the woman - makes the choice - who is the Top?)

Sexual tension is clearly and openly used, exploited, built.

Both are fully vested players, both in their own power place, both bringing to the dance their talents.



When I watch Tango I see a male/female relationship that is my fantasy. The male: stoic, aloof, seemingly distant but not distracted, he is full in-the-moment, in control, sure in himself and clear of him intention. His dance is strong, he stands upright, his steps are small and few - he is centered. She is fluid and open and wide in her steps, using the stability he provides to fly and soar around the dance floor. She can open fully to all her beauty and her power. His stance determines how far she soars, they are connected yet not the same - they move together but not the same way. She does not move into his arms, he pullers her to him, their eyes meet - she follows his lead and yet never collapses uncontrollably at his feet.

And the music ends - and my fantasy fades.

Tango *sigh*


f25fbe76e528291178b471c172cdfc89270.jpg

.
 
This is the picture that hangs right above my computer desk. I adore it!

Bill Brauer, Scarlet Dancer

untitled.jpg
 
Sigh. I never learned to dance. :(

In the 6th grade, everyone had the chance to take cotillion classes... my parents thought it was a silly, outdated, southern tradition, that they'd not subject their daughter to.
 
Shankara20 said:
It takes two to Tango - both must be accomplished in the part they play.
f25fbe76e528291178b471c172cdfc89270.jpg

.

My favorite artist.... Jack Vettriano. I have several of his framed prints in my 'beach' room.

Below is titled Dance Me to the End of Love
6628.jpg


AA was kind enough to put one of his works in his Erotic Art with a Twist thread, awhile back for me.
 
CutieMouse said:
Sigh. I never learned to dance. :(

In the 6th grade, everyone had the chance to take cotillion classes... my parents thought it was a silly, outdated, southern tradition, that they'd not subject their daughter to.

So sorry to hear that. If you ever feel the desire to start - go for it.


(worried I am Cutie - no AV? you OK?)


tango-lesson_6.jpg




.
 
A Desert Rose said:
My favorite artist.... Jack Vettriano. I have several of his framed prints in my 'beach' room.

Below is titled Dance Me to the End of Love
6628.jpg


AA was kind enough to put one of his works in his Erotic Art with a Twist thread, awhile back for me.

Vettriano's stuff is wonderful. Thanks
 
@}-}rebecca---- said:
Ohh goodness Sir Shank you started this thread to get me off kilter, then again .....

I happen to know Miss Babiesmiles is an 'amateur' flamenco dancer ( 14years if I recall correctly ) ........her words not mine......smiles

We discussed awhile back flamenco as the imagery etc is not a stretch from tango.

You remember everything very well Rebecca. :rose:

Flamenco has nothing to do with Tango as the Argentine dance showed in the pictures above .

There is a kind of dance called "tango" in flamenco as well but it is completely different from the A Tango . Usually in flamenco although the sexual ( I would call it sensual more than sexual though ) current between dancers can be very intense they almost never dance joint .

I hope to find some suitable exemple to post soon, but unlike the Argentine Tango the sexual or sensual rapture must be felt more than seen .

It is less immediately visual than A. Tango when it comes to pictures.

btw Great thread Shank :)
 
Back
Top