Literotica Tags Portal - New Interface Live Now - What Do You Think?

Manu

Just A Test Title OK
Joined
Aug 24, 1999
Posts
1,328
After several months of BETA testing (thank you to everyone who participated), the next Literotica site interface/design is live on the Lit Tags Portal:

https://tags.literotica.com/

We need your feedback more than ever now!

Please let us know if you notice any bugs, browser issues, speed issues, readability issues, accessibility problems, interface confusion, missing features, etc.

We would love to hear your suggestions for improving the interface as well as any reports about problems/bugs.

Thank you again to everyone who has been helping with testing the new interface, we could not have gotten this far without you. :heart:
 
Good to know there is a single ready reference to the most common tags. This should help writers choose consistent tags.

It's important for tags to be seen on the first page of a story though, not the last.

No readability issues for me - I use a Kindle Fire. All good.
 
Is there a replacement for the recommended section which was at the top that used what you like to recommend new stories?
 
i just tried the new page. when i clicked on a tag it worked immediately. when i typed a tag into the search box, it took me back to the tag page instead.
 
I think it'd be great if you'd fix the Profile Page issue before moving on to new things.
 
i just tried the new page. when i clicked on a tag it worked immediately. when i typed a tag into the search box, it took me back to the tag page instead.

Thank you for the report.

Can you let me know what browser version and OS/device you are using? You can see the info here if you don't know:
https://supportdetails.com/

You can send it via PM if you'd rather not post it here.

Thank you again.
 
Support the tags on the first page of the story

Good to know there is a single ready reference to the most common tags. This should help writers choose consistent tags.

It's important for tags to be seen on the first page of a story though, not the last.

No readability issues for me - I use a Kindle Fire. All good.

With the authors able to choose their own multiple tags , the reader needs a clue as to where else the author chose. I have read as much as a third of the way into several stories lately only to find out they are gay male and I had no clue that I was wasting my as this is not my thing. I normally only read novels/novellas and/or incest/taboo and both have this problem.
 
I would to be able to filter the new stories by genre. I will never read incest, gay or 'audio' stories. Be nice to have them filtered out.
 
With the authors able to choose their own multiple tags , the reader needs a clue as to where else the author chose. I have read as much as a third of the way into several stories lately only to find out they are gay male and I had no clue that I was wasting my as this is not my thing. I normally only read novels/novellas and/or incest/taboo and both have this problem.

The tags need to be shown at the top of page one for them to be useful for readers like Trailrider, whose favourite kink doesn't include other kinks.

As a writer it is currently incredibly annoying that the tags we choose only show up at the bottom of the story's last page, which is the worst place for them to be - "The story you have just read contains the following sexual activity..." No shit, Sherlock!
 
I would to be able to filter the new stories by genre. I will never read incest, gay or 'audio' stories. Be nice to have them filtered out.

Those are higher level categories than the tags. Just don't go those category pages - oh wait, you must go straight to "New Stories" where they all get lumped together. The site already sorts by category, so you can already avoid what you don't want to see.
 
This Is Not Yet Finished

Your Tag Page is impressive but several things to me are missing:

1. You should be able to select multiple tags to search for a story
instead of just one.
2. You you should also include a "Stories By Category" box to decide
where you want to search specifically.
3. It should be placed under "Search The Site" list along with
Search Members, Search Stories and Members List.

Keep up the good work.
 
I like the new interface a lot. Personally I use the pages that show new stories. I don't care as much about tags, its more about age for me. If I did want to search I like that it goes across categories yet can be filtered by category.

It would be cool if you could filter out stories I have read but oh well.
 
A good srart

Good idea. What I would like to see added:
I would like to be able to refine a search by using multiple tags.

It would be nice to be able to apply multiple tags in a category search.

I know this last request is off point but I would like to see a list of all of the stories I’ve read.
 
As a writer it is currently incredibly annoying that the tags we choose only show up at the bottom of the story's last page, which is the worst place for them to be - "The story you have just read contains the following sexual activity..." No shit, Sherlock!

Thanks for the feedback.

I've posted a few times that the new Story Page interface has a "Story Info Box" at the top of the first page. That box shows everything about the story (description, tags, awards, author info, etc.) The tags will not be exposed by default because many readers want to avoid "spoilers", but if they click on a tab they can easily be seen at the top of the story.

We also have a triggers feature in the works where authors can optionally select certain keywords that some Lit readers would prefer not to be exposed to (for example, violence).

As always, we are looking for suggestions like yours to improve the new interface!
 
Good idea. What I would like to see added:
I would like to be able to refine a search by using multiple tags.

It would be nice to be able to apply multiple tags in a category search.

I know this last request is off point but I would like to see a list of all of the stories I’ve read.

Thank you for the feedback.

You can select an unlimited number of tags by using the "Related Tags" block.

We are currently discussing the functionality of the Search box in the Tags Portal. Currently, a search will show that search term as the only tag. The problem with allowing additional tags to be added via Search (instead of using Related Tags) is that it's highly likely a search would add a tag that results in zero stories being shown. If you browse the Related Tags feature list, you are always guaranteed to see at least one story. Also, by using Related Tags, you are shown how many stories are available for each additional tag.

Please let me know your thoughts on Search vs Related Tags for selecting additional tags.
 
It takes ages to goto a tag/story??!

Thank you for the comment. Do you mean that it's loading slowly or that the navigation is in some way complicated that makes it slow to get to a tag/story?

If it's working slowly on your device, can you let me know what browser/OS you are using and what the symptoms are?

Thank you again. :D
 
Tags

I would love to have better search options. I am looking for a story I read and can't remember the author or title, it was about a locum doctor in the UK, with a cheating wife and daughter. Bounces around and winds up with a Lady of the Realm. It was a fun story. I do reread some and only tend to save authors (I know, my bad) . Content aside from tags would be a TERRIFIC feature.

OH, I wish there were more Authors per page on my Favorites list. I tend to go to my public page if you will to find my favorites instead of thru My Account type section.

All in all I appreciate the site and visit often, too often!

Tom
 
I had the impression that it was 'broken' for obscure tags last week, but it looks like you've fixed that and now it looks good on my iPad.

I'd like to be able to specify favourite tags, to highlight new stories the same way as the favourite authors feature.

I'd also like to exclude categories at the profile level, some of my searches return high numbers of Gay Male hits, which isn't my thing - but choosing each of the other possible categories in turn is very clunky.
 
Too Many Tags Too Late

I agree that tags should be available at the first page. I haven't experienced the new Story Page interface so I can't comment on that. I don't think tags are really "Spoilers" but they do help avoid disappointment when reading a story and after getting a few pages into it finding out that there is subject matter that you don't care for.

I think that it is time to filter out some of the existing tags and have some restrictions on making new ones as some are just ridiculous. Who would ever search for: knew vince, mark chuckled, wanted good, walked back, vince walked, give car, mary asked, shook head, mary thought, mary quickly, pants slid, grabbed hand, slide robe and many others. Not only are they not anything that would ever be searched but most of the strange obscure ones are not even helpful to tell you the content of the story that you are reading.

This is the greatest story site on the planet and I am thankful that it is here and for all the hard work of everyone that contributes and those that keep it running.

A page of all ad banners might be good too. Often as I close a page I notice an ad that I would have liked to click on because something caught my interest at the last second. Then it might be a week or more before I see that ad banner again.
 
Negative tags

Similar to others requests I really want to be able to have negative tags. The categories help but it would be great to be able to say I want stories that gave this tag but not this tag. The categories can be too coarse grained. For example, I hit the tag for teen in incest but want to exclude father daughter.

As an added bonus if would be wonderful to be able to set default tag preferences in my profile.

Not really related to new interface, but it would also be great to be able to add/remove stories from my reading list in the story.
 
No more open search

I used to use the search to show all new hot rated stories in a few categories, now you cant search with a blank box this is no longer possible and using * as a wild card doesn't seem to work.
Is there any way to do this with the new search function?
The "new" page for stories is constantly spammed and has no way to group genres together at the minute and you cannot filter the new section anyway. While the visual overhaul is nice, it seems to come with reduced functionality.
 
I used to use the search to show all new hot rated stories in a few categories, now you cant search with a blank box this is no longer possible and using * as a wild card doesn't seem to work.
Is there any way to do this with the new search function?
The "new" page for stories is constantly spammed and has no way to group genres together at the minute and you cannot filter the new section anyway. While the visual overhaul is nice, it seems to come with reduced functionality.

I have not found this to be true. When I click on the Advanced Search function I can search for stories by date, tags/titles/words, categories,and red "H". You can leave the search text boxes empty.
 
Back
Top