Vasectomy

Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Posts
16
Hey everyone. I am thinking of getting a vasectomy and wanted to see if anyone here has had one, and if so, what are your thoughts on the whole experience. Any advice you may have feel free to dispense it here. I have talked to the wife about this and she is on board. I have four daughters so not worried about not being able to have kids anymore. Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks for taking the time to read this and answer. Look forward to the responses and information I get from here.
 
Last edited:
Hey, Commando. a re-post of what I put on the GB:

After three kids I had the snip. All went to plan nicely. Except that my woman found my bandaged package extremely arousing and we did the deed sooner than we should have! Nonetheless, total success in terms on sperm count to zero. More importantly for me, Absolutely no perceptible difference in my spunk quantity or the look or feel of it, or the joy of ejaculation. The freedom to pump it into my woman no end without risk of getting her preggers again was and is a huge delight,and the notion that I could 'stray' without banging up some gal is an attractive one, even though I don't!

Go for it mate. Simon
 
I had it done several years ago. I followed the instructions. I'm happy and so is my wife.

An in-law didn't follow the instructions about masturbating afterwards to clear the surviving sperm out of his plumbing, and his wife got pregnant again.

Someone on the GB once posted that they thought male ejaculate tastes better without sperm.

Good Luck!
 
Easy procedure

It's an easy procedure, less than 10 minuets at your urologist's office.
You'll be sore for about a day, so use frozen bag of peas to keep discomfort down.
My best advise is to keep your follow up visits to check your counts. Remember, things can reattach and make you fertile again. It's rare but it happens. Talk to your ologist about his/her methods to prevent this.
Good luck :)
 
vasectomy

Had mine done several years ago all went easy and find it so much more sensitive and enjoyable not using condms to prevent accidents.
 
Well Worth It

I had it done 20 or so years ago. One of the best things I ever did for our sex life. Things healed fast, no problems. Pain did not last long, in fact, the idea of it made me so horny I even masturbated the next morning.

I will offer that my doctor thought the clips were more reliable than sutures for keeping the tubes closed. And he was confident that a V did not increase the chances of prostate cancer.
 
I did it almost 40 years ago, and have never looked back. There were a few days of discomfort, but it was not significant. I've had zero problems or regrets.
 
A very easy operation, the only glitch for me was one side of my ball sac bled a bit, but otherwise I couldn't be happier. I don't know about masturbating after, I got my wife to assist with any unwanted tadpoles orally :):)
 
Vas

I had mine 30 years ago. A really good decision. I felt like I had been kicked in the balls the night of the surgery after the local wore off. I was much better the next day and every day since.

The reduction in volume of ejaculate was pretty surprising. It wasn't a problem but it was interesting.
 
Over 40 years ago for me. Absolutely no change in my erections or quality of ejaculations.

Just followed the instructions to ejaculate as often as possible. What a wonderful excuse to masturbate constantly. Then when the day came to give the sample my wife met me at work with the sample bottle.

Another excuse to masturbate. I took my time and fully enjoyed the sensations. When I handed her the bottle she remarked at how hot it was. We had great sex that night after she got off worki.

I never had to worry about a condom again during fuck sessions with others.

REAL FREEDOM.
 
I don't visit this forum often, but I saw a thread titled "Vasectomy" on the how to forum. my thought process was "Oh, god, someone wants to perform a do-it-yourself vasectomy."
 
Hey everyone. I am thinking of getting a vasectomy and wanted to see if anyone here has had one, and if so, what are your thoughts on the whole experience. Any advice you may have feel free to dispense it here. I have talked to the wife about this and she is on board. I have four daughters so not worried about not being able to have kids anymore. Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks for taking the time to read this and answer. Look forward to the responses and information I get from here.

In two words, "Do it." Prior to my vasectomy, the Dr. asked one important question, "If you were to suddenly lose your entire family, are you comfortable knowing you'll never be able to reproduce again?" That's an admittedly dark question, but it gets to core of your decision. While there may be hope of reversing a vasectomy, you should face the decision as an absolute. IF you do this, you'll never again reproduce.

As for the procedure itself and the recovery time, physically, it should be relatively uneventful. A local anesthetic, a couple of stitches, followed by a couple days of feeling a bit tender down there. After a day or two, you'll barely notice.

The mental aspect fucked with me for before I did it and afterwards. Nothing changes. You'll still shoot the same size loads as before. The cream of a creamy orgasm isn't produced by your balls. There won't be a consistency difference. Nor a taste difference. Your balls won't fill with jizz and explode. Your body will just absorb the extra sperm without concern for why it didn't exit your body.

If you're done having kids, you're done. Be done. It's a tiny procedure for you vs sterilazation for a woman. To give you three words: Go for it!
 
Had mine about 25 years ago. Procedure was simple, but being sent to a post op room to sit with a bunch of other patients afterwards was not appreciated.

I don't see how some here can say the quantity or quality of ejaculate does not change... mine went from pearly white to a sort of dull yellowish, and the quantity definitely did diminish some. However the pleasure of the orgasm does not change, still great.
 
Best thing ever happened to our sex life after having two kids.

No change except my extraordinarily fertile(then not so much now at 51) didn't have to worry about getting pregnant or birth control anymore.
 
Semen, the typically milky white fluid produced by a man's orgasm, is created by the prostate and not in the balls. Your balls create sperm. That's why there's shouldn't be a change in your cumshot's appearance or flavor. While you're shooting blanks, there's no reason for a change in volume, consistency, color or force. No one will know you're shooting blanks without noticing your tiny scars (very tiny) or putting your cumshot beneath a microscope.
 
Had mine done about 11 years ago. Mine was a little bit of story. Had it done in May, no issues except one small area would not heal. It kept scabbing over(sorry if I'm being gross)

One day a few weeks later I try to pull it off and something tugs...a stitch pops through:eek: I had to go back and they had to redo one side. Fortunately it 'took' so there was no mishap with pregnancy, but still sucked to essentially have one side done twice.

Worst part was listening to the wife who kept saying "This is why you don't go to work two hours after you have it done!":rolleyes:

In general though, I've seen no decline in force or amount and the thrill of never having to worry about birth control adds a little something to it.
 
Semen, the typically milky white fluid produced by a man's orgasm, is created by the prostate and not in the balls. Your balls create sperm. That's why there's shouldn't be a change in your cumshot's appearance or flavor. While you're shooting blanks, there's no reason for a change in volume, consistency, color or force. No one will know you're shooting blanks without noticing your tiny scars (very tiny) or putting your cumshot beneath a microscope.

Whatever. Mine definitely changed color and volume.
 
Do not drywall a garage ceiling the next morning! It cause swelling and bruising for a week. The procedure itself was painless other then a slight tugging sensation. Although every on duty nurse in the small town hospital seemed to need supplies from that room.
The worry free sex afterwards was definitely worth the short term discomfort, even including the swelling and bruising.
 
Last edited:
Never regreted it at all..

It may have even saved me from a paternity suit back before DNA testing.
 
Not a big deal at all. The most dangerous part is when you shave yourself. Be very careful shaving those balls. ; ) I wish I had a helper when I did mine.
 
A cautery technique was used for my vasectomy. The incision to locate the vas deferens is very tiny and no scalpel or stitches were needed. The vasectomy procedure took about 10-15 minutes to perform. There was slight swelling but nothing to worry about.

Having a vasectomy had no effect on my hormones, orgasm or ejaculation, so there is no reason why a vasectomy should have a negative impact on your sex life. In fact, we enjoyed sex more afterwards as we can be completely spontaneous without worrying about an unintended pregnancy.

The fluid you ejaculate will look exactly the same; the only difference will be there are no sperm in it.
 
Last edited:
Follow the recovery instructions. My husband didn't (I can't remember what now, but I think he got bored with icing it) and everything swelled up horribly. But it was fine eventually - just took a little long than it should have. I MUCH prefer sex without
a condom, but after well over a decade of being on the pill, I wasn't keen to go back to that after we spawned. I now have a BF, and have to go back to using condoms with him, which neither of us are loving ... he's actually thinking of getting the snip too, although obviously I'm keeping myself out of that particular decision-making process.
 
Last edited:
The recovery involves taking it easy for 2-3 days. None of my friends that went through this mentioned that it is a great idea to schedule it around events you might enjoy from the couch . . . sports tournaments, Cyber Monday week, NCAA March Madness . . . whatever your poison might be. Also be sure to have some frozen peas in the deep freeze. They work wonders at adaptong to good shapes and soothing down there if you have too much day one soarness.
 
Back
Top