The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 02: A Comma (is a Restful Pause)

Status
Not open for further replies.
or a tent or the back seat or . . .

Lol. Just caught up on what was being said behind my back and I'm giggling in bed. Back seat? Funnily enough one of my in progress stories is set in the land of Oz, the heroine is a cute American Chinese girl on vacation whose first time is consummated with this handsome Aussie surfer guy in the back of a Holden pickup to the music of icehouse..... it's going to be dedicated to guess who? One can but dream.....

Good morning - and thanks for the coffee.
The bloody machine is progressing - [oh - so - slowly-] but a load of parts
have not yet arrived. I have no access to my usual e-mail [yet] and I'm getting madder by the day.
[patience, Dragon, down, boy!]
This ole' laptop is taking a beating. . . .

Meanwhile, more coffee is in order.

It's not daylight yet but I'm awake so I guess the day has begun.....

Fresh coffee and honey's buns for the morning crew.

Plot bunny of the morning: "Laptops in Bondage"

Yeah, I need more coffee to pull that one off.

It's not daylight yet but I'm awake so I guess the day has begun.....

Fresh coffee and honey's buns for the morning crew.

Plot bunny of the morning: "Laptops in Bondage"

Yeah, I need more coffee to pull that one off.

Maybe the superior party gets to see what the laptop PC recommends by way of restraints ?
Not my scene, you understand. . .

An emergency adaptation to my new machine has meant I have access to a DVD player, so I can load some of my strange software.
And, of course, some of it needs a restart; it's at this point that I need the coffee (and bugger bedtime) because Windoze has decided I need no fewer than 68 'updates' before I switch off.
:mad::mad:

Good evening! :rose:

Good evening, Lynn. It's a very quiet night tonight. Coffee or tea? Got the new mug all ready.....

il_340x270.1391703149_ayep.jpg

Last edited:
That's an interesting statement for this site.

'You're out of water? Okay, give me the DP.'

LOL. Never occurred to me. I like the way you think, Mr.!

Altho I think I'll stick with the coffee for now. Don't want to be the butt of any more jokes.

Did someone say butt? :D

Greetings Earthlings. Today is Friday, which seems to mean something to workaday peoples.

Don't look at the clock. I did that a few moments ago and confused myself even more than normal. It is, what it is. Okay, fresh coffee for the morning crowd. I may or may not go back to bed.

I'm contemplating whether to molest the housemate or not. It is the oldest heads or tail question ever asked. :D

LOL. Never occurred to me. I like the way you think, Mr.!

Altho I think I'll stick with the coffee for now. Don't want to be the butt of any more jokes.

There's a top-up of coffee for you, Chloe.
I'll pass on the subject of your Butt.

I now have the machine working [sort-of]. But at least the I'net works.
I'm beginning to get seriously depressed with Win 7.

Coffee, please !

There's a top-up of coffee for you, Chloe.
I'll pass on the subject of your Butt.

I now have the machine working [sort-of]. But at least the I'net works.
I'm beginning to get seriously depressed with Win 7.

Coffee, please !

If 7 is giving you so much trouble, 8 and or 10 will put you in a rubber room.

Ah yes, Chloe and her butt, uh, buts. :cool: (No, I'm not looking at her butt. My eyes are just light sensitive this early in the morning.)

If 7 is giving you so much trouble, 8 and or 10 will put you in a rubber room.

Ah yes, Chloe and her butt, uh, buts. :cool: (No, I'm not looking at her butt. My eyes are just light sensitive this early in the morning.)

But me no butts! Your housemate's is probably doing the "where's Tex" wiggle right now. And that question only ever has one answer. "Go for it". You do that, I'll make the coffee.

Back from hospital. That was yesterday, actually. The procedure is called cardioversion, to reset a fibrillating heart back to sinus (normal) rhythm. It is not a pleasant experience overall, and I'm told many must return for repeat zaps. But it works! Sort of. Still other issues there, but I'm Much Better Now.

I fear that much of the E3, D4 stuff went over my head. I feel a Wiki lesson coming on.
<snip>
Beware the mutant 'Uke. . . indeed :)
Okay, basics. Western scale runs Do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-ti-do where 'do' is an octave higher than 'Do'. Also called C-D-E-F-G-A-B-c where 'c' is an octave higher than 'C'. "Middle C (the fourth C key from left on a standard 88-key piano keyboard) is designated C4..." sez Wikipedia. So for "the E3, D4 stuff", a standard guitar's low string E3 is in the octave just below Middle C, and its top string E5 is over an octave higher than C4.

Mutant 'ukes: 1-, 2-, 3-, 5-, 6-, 8-, 10-, and 12-string versions, besides the standard 4 strings. I have several 4s, an 8 (aka taropatch), and one each 6, 10, and 12 stringers. Electric 'ukes, including the one using a .50 caliber shell as the bridge; be sure to remove slug and powder before applying electricity. Bass electric 'ukes. Tahitian 'ukes, solid-body acoustic 8-string weirdos. Banjo-'ukes (I have one). Multi-neck 'ukes (I may build some). Cigar-box and tin-can 'ukes (ditto). I still need a charango -- armadillo-shell body optional.

"Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred"
"So we tanned 'is 'ide when 'e died, Clyde, and that's it, 'angin' on the shed!"

Broke my heart when I learned of the creep's child abuse.

Did someone say butt? :D
[/me looks around] Wutt? Wutt? [/me looks back] Oh, right.

Greetings Earthlings. Today is Friday, which seems to mean something to workaday peoples.
Weekday vs weekend work drones see it differently. I see it as a chance to run around my meadow in the rain. Hmmm, there's fresh bear poop under the fig tree. Better be vigilant.

But me no butts! Your housemate's is probably doing the "where's Tex" wiggle right now. And that question only ever has one answer. "Go for it". You do that, I'll make the coffee.

With the Housemate it is usually more of a "Where's Tex" growl. Or a whimpering moan if the Houseguest is here. In either case, mission accomplished and a nap got thrown in for extra measure.

Thanks for making the coffee.

Welcome back Hypoxia, it's good to see you got the rhythm under control. I get all those notes confused with bra sizes, which screws up my fingering. I played a mean trumpet back in the day. Three fingers and a lot of tongue always worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back