Team PM!

Mindfondler

Kinkster
New! [1st July 2015] I've added instructions here as a quick reference for anyone joining this thread:

What is Team PM?

Team PM is a self-declared community of Litsters who wish to indicate to others that they will always welcome the receipt of unsolicited Personal Messages that are friendly and respectful.

How do I join Team PM?

Probably the best way to demonstrate that you are part of Team PM is to include a link in your forum signature to say so and to provide an easy way for others to send you a PM.

How do I add a Team PM link to my signature?

Here are the suggested steps:

1. On the top bar of the Lit page, click on "Quick Links" and select "My Profile". In your web browser bar, you should see an address of the form "forum.literotica.com/member.php?u=XXXXXXX". Make a note of the XXXXXXX number -- this is your own user ID on Lit.

2. On the top bar of the Lit page, click on "User CP". In the Control Panel that appears on the left, select "Edit Signature". Copy and paste the following code (without any line breaks) into the "Edit Signature" text box in an appropriate position in your signature. Replace XXXXXXX below with your user ID that you noted down in step 1 above.
[URL="http://forum.literotica.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=XXXXXXX"][IMG]http://forum.literotica.com/imagize/statusicon/pm_new.gif[/IMG] Team PM[/URL]​
* Thanks to QSco and Kalamain for devising this template
3. Click on the "Preview Signature" button to inspect the changes to your signature. If necessary, make corrections. If all looks good, then click on the "Save Signature" button.

4. Click on "Edit Signature" again to open up the view of your signature, and click on the "Team PM" link that you have created. If all is well, then a "Send New Private Message" window should open with your username pre-filled as the recipient.

5. If you wish, you can also add an explanatory button to your signature by copying and pasting the following code*:
[SPOILER=About Team PM]Members of Team PM are people who are willing to receive respectful, unsolicited PMs from others and will try to always respond in a respectful manner. The goal is to promote interaction and create a friendly community.[/SPOILER]​
* Thanks to Inspirious for this suggestion in his posting here (click)

Hope this helps!

MF

Here is the original content of the first posting on this thread:

I'm creating this thread as a place to follow up a discussion that started in the "I wish to receive Pm's" (twist on the how many) thread. I'm hoping that we can take it forward from here.

I've abstracted below what I believe to be the relevant posts so far (sorry if I've missed any!). Kudos goes to the lovely _Lorelei_ for initiating the idea! :)

Lit wouldn't be the same without PMs... I like them and reply to 99% .. it's a good way to get to know people without having everyone else (and lurkers you don't even know) reading everything about you. I'm on Team PM.

Having had a lovely response to this request that I made, I completely agree with you.

I must admit that I've felt inhibited for some time about sending unsolicited PMs after reading numerous comments from Lit ladies about unwelcome advances that they regularly receive that way. However, I've recently sent out quite a few light-hearted PMs as an ice-breaker for further conversation, and I don't think any of them has been misconstrued -- indeed, I've been having some great banter in threads after making introductions that way.

Perhaps we could create a "Team PM" badge that Litsters can include in their signatures to indicate "Respectful PMs welcomed here". :)

I read these in signatures/profiles too and they baffle me ... if you don't like the PM then don't reply, delete, end of... no need to make such a fuss about it .. it's like negative exhibitionism !
At the moment I'm so grateful that a certain someone PMd me here and chased me so much :heart:
Team PM!!!

Edit: If someone doesn't want PMs or certain PMs then that's up to them, I didn't word myself very well, I'm not condemning that choice at all. Everyone's experience on Lit is different. But yeah, you CAN switch off PMs if you want to.

I use pm's as ice breakers as well, or to send compliments to litsters that I don't know. I'm on Team PM as well.

That Team PM badge idea is legitimately cool as fuck!

Agree, great idea

I second that. Or third.
Whatever.
Great idea.

Agreed! That is a really awesome idea. Team PM!!

I create signatures as a hobby, so I could maybe whip up a few templates if you guys would like to go through with the idea.

Sorry, I forgot about this ... if you make it I would put it in mine (just not too massive and flashy though!)

I'd do this too.

I'd suggest a strapline of "I welcome respectful PMs", although that could be part of the associated text rather than in the fixed part of the signature. Any other ideas?

My idea would be a shield-shape (like a badge) with the PM sign in it...

pm_new.gif

and saying Team PM?

I love this idea. Each member could have a badge number.

pm_new.gif

and saying Team PM?
I like that concept!

I wonder whether it's possible to surround the image with a hyperlink to one's own "Send me a private message" page, so that a reader can click directly on it. *makes a note to try this experiment*

I love this idea. Each member could have a badge number.
That's an interesting idea. Does that mean that we'd all have to sign up to a code of conduct, and we'd lose our badge number if we broke it?

I create signatures as a hobby, so I could maybe whip up a few templates if you guys would like to go through with the idea.

pm_new.gif

and saying Team PM?
I've just sent a PM to Kozuka to ask if he's able to do something along these lines. :)

I wonder whether it's possible to surround the image with a hyperlink to one's own "Send me a private message" page, so that a reader can click directly on it. *makes a note to try this experiment*
I think it works! :)

Try clicking on this link:
Each person can copy the underlying URL for their own account from the PM link on their own profile page ("Contact Info" section --> "Private Message: Send a private message to XXXX").

Let's pick up the discussion from there!

Last edited:
Hi, good idea as the thread was going a bit off topic and getting confusing. :)

Can I just add something about one of my posts you quoted up there ^^^ ?
If someone doesn't want PMs or certain PMs then that's up to them, I didn't word myself very well, I'm not condemning that choice at all. Everyone's experience on Lit is different. But yeah, you CAN switch off PMs if you want to.

Hi, good idea as the thread was going a bit off topic and getting confusing. :)
Thanks! Now we just need to get the discussion going again. Do I need to provide cookies? :D

Can I just add something about one of my posts you quoted up there ^^^ ?
If someone doesn't want PMs or certain PMs then that's up to them, I didn't word myself very well, I'm not condemning that choice at all. Everyone's experience on Lit is different. But yeah, you CAN switch off PMs if you want to.
I've added that as an Edit to your original posting quoted above. Hope that's okay now. :)

I pm'd you about this topic yesterday, I love the idea of it. Also whos not for being part of a team ;)

Thanks! Now we just need to get the discussion going again. Do I need to provide cookies? :D

I've added that as an Edit to your original posting quoted above. Hope that's okay now. :)

Yes please cookies, I like the Rainbow ones :)

You're just the ULTIMATE multi-quoter, aren't you? I'm seriously impressed here. (Why the white full stop though?)

Team PM!

Me too Honey .. Happy Hump Day :) :)
Fresh blood... excellent! :D

Yes please cookies, I like the Rainbow ones :)
I'd better get baking, then. :D

You're just the ULTIMATE multi-quoter, aren't you? I'm seriously impressed here.
It did require a bit of work from me, but I reassured myself with the thought that it was all in the interests of Team PM. :)

(Why the white full stop though?)
Well spotted! You're only the second Litster to ask me about that. :)
It's a personal aesthetic thing. I like to add an extra gap to separate the end of my posting text from my signature. I think it helps the reader to pause for breath after reaching the end of whatever I've just said.
Team PM! *gives special greeting* ;)
:-D

I'm on weekdays, during the day. Would love to be in the team. I love swapping pns, from PG to XXX or chatting on YIM.

I like it. Count me in. There are lots of times I prefer to get a PM for something a little more personal than just a "You look nice" message, and it's a much better way to make an actual connection and get to know someone.

Yay Team PM is back! I was thinking of this thread because I made a new friend today, new to Lit, and one of the first things he said about posting was that he is put off because he read posts and profiles of women complaining about PMs!

Women .. I saw this guy and he is HOT!

Why are people complaining? If you can't be yourself on Lit, where can you be yourself? Why join Lit and provoke that kind of reaction in men(/women) if it's going to offend you so much?

If you want attention - start your own (pic) thread... end of. Stop making people afraid to communicate with one another.

Team PM!

Yay Team PM is back! I was thinking of this thread because I made a new friend today, new to Lit, and one of the first things he said about posting was that he is put off because he read posts and profiles of women complaining about PMs!

Women .. I saw this guy and he is HOT!

Why are people complaining? If you can't be yourself on Lit, where can you be yourself? Why join Lit and provoke that kind of reaction in men(/women) if it's going to offend you so much?

If you want attention - start your own (pic) thread... end of. Stop making people afraid to communicate with one another.

Team PM!

Truth! Isn't that what we're doing here in the first place?

Truth! Isn't that what we're doing here in the first place?

I'd like to think so. Making sex a taboo subject on an (essentially) sexual forum seems a bit odd....
Or negative-attention-seeky.... :rolleyes:

I'd go for it...

Right. How else is a person able to start a private conversation on here w/o sending an "uninvited" PM? I send unsolicited PM's all the time... Although, I am a complete failure at promptly replying... (then I wait until it's too embarrassingly late and I think, "Forget it... shit, they won't even remember pm-ing...") :eek:
When my PM reply-groove is really on, I'll send a simple, "No, thank you" or a "Nice try", often I say, "Thanks, but no thanks"... to PMs of no interest. If the person is nice about it... whatever their request... I try to respond. (note: there is no "try" in life; I either do it, or I don't... you know?)
I'm an unreliable reply-er, I'm afraid. Don't take it personal... :cool: PS: My inbox is nearly full... Oh drudgery. ;)

I just saw Lorelei's taboo post. Totally! What is that? Oxymoron? Paradox? Ironic, for sure...;)

Hello all,

After reading the quotes and the quotes of the quotes I think this whole idea is really good almost fresh in its approach.

I am not one to send unsolicited PMs but every now and then I give it a whirl (nothing rude mind you, first impressions and all).

To be able to see someone is happy to receive PMs would certainly level the playing field and who does not like being part of a big team!

I always welcome pm's. Boys and girls make me smile. I would love to smile more... x

I absolutely love this idea guys... pms are always so exciting to receive! It would be great to know who is willing to read them and who isnt. I am up for it! However i havent seen the team pm signature yet..

love,

The doctor

All for the idea! Never hurts to get a PM, provided it doesn't start with "sorry"...lmao.

I don't really get why people say they don't want PMs in their signatures. Can't you just turn off PMs, and only accept those from your buddy list? And sometimes people are just so rude about it in their signatures. Sheesh.

Here's a question though - I really hate when people I don't know PM me and ask to chat. It just irritates me. Is it rude to say that in my profile? That I'm not up for chatting, so please don't ask? I'd be polite about it - honest!

I don't really get why people say they don't want PMs in their signatures. Can't you just turn off PMs, and only accept those from your buddy list? And sometimes people are just so rude about it in their signatures. Sheesh.

Here's a question though - I really hate when people I don't know PM me and ask to chat. It just irritates me. Is it rude to say that in my profile? That I'm not up for chatting, so please don't ask? I'd be polite about it - honest!

You know that people rarely seem to read the profiles anymore right? I've had the "married, not looking for anything" in my profile since I started and people still send me a message asking if I want to show them my cam or cyber with them. :rolleyes:

So how does one sign up or try out for team PM? I am all about giving and receiving PMs.

Back