To love a death angel (closed)

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Posts
36,437
DyingWastheeasypart.jpg


She had been a runaway... A stray... A mongrel in a city of on purebreds. Not someone anyone would miss. Maybe the old cop that whispered in her ear as he died by her.

She had made her way through the droves of people dragging themselves deep into hell. Finally it was her turn to stand before the tribunal of hell?

Hades... Anubis... The Christian Satan... And a few others scattered around. She smirked as they all rattled off her dark life and family history not that she cared about a word of it. Her soul did not crumble nor cower before them instead it seemed to mock their attempt to scare her. "Days" of torture from each of them only seemed to harden her soul even more till everything she touched froze even in the fires of hell.

Finally standing before all of them again Hades the only one willing to be face to face with her she snapped grabbing him by the throat her eyes burning with fire as sharp white and cold as the ice that threatened to consume him she finally spoke.

Is that all you pathetic pompous "Gods" got?

She woke up in the morgue with a pair if knives bound in blood red gold sheaths and a mark over her chest like a strange tat of a full moon cradled in a crescent moon. Luckily the body bag was open some so she could get out of it. Gaining her balance she heard a male voice yell...

Holy Shit what the hell..

She looked over seeing a cop standing by the body of the old cop she had tried to protect. She watched him step towards her then darkness... She woke again unsure where she was as she looked around.
 
Terry was the youngest cop in Homocide. Law Enforcement work came natural to him. From day one he was a superstar. He excelled as a patrol officer. Then did great things as a member of an undercover burglary team. In Narcotics he fit in well and had great success. That led to his transfer to Homocide. That transfer came through just a wekk ago.

He was sitting at home in his empty apartment; he did not need a lot of "stuff." His phone rang, and he was ordered to the morgue. One of their own had been murdered, and he was to get there and make sure the autopsy was done right away and that all evidence was preserved. He was also told that there was a woman who was involved in this and she was also dead. He was to wait for her autopsy too, and see what connections could be made.

When Terry arrived at the morgue, he checked in and was shown where the two bodies were. He walked over and stood next to the dead detectives body, still in a body bag. He looked over at the other body bag and saw a woman standing there. "What the..." he yelled, and then she disappeared. "What the fuck is going on?"

He walked over to the other bodybag and it was empty. "Shit." he yelled. Workers from the coroners office came runnign out. He asked them where the other body was. Everyone looked at each other. "Great. This is going to be a wonderful night. A dead body is missing and we have no idea how it got lost." He picked up the phone to call his captain.
 
This is not possible... That girl was more lead than body when she was brought in. The boss said they way the bodies were found she was trying to protect the guy.

~~~

She looked around only to find herself in some office there in the morgue with some young tech staring at her while he was on the phone rambling about this will make him a fortune.
 
Morgue workers were screaming. The detectives from the crime scene showed up with digital photos of the woman that was killed and sent to the morgue. Terry looked at the pictures. "Fuck," he thought to himself. "That was who I saw. Yes, the good looking blonde." He couldn't tell anyone that he saw her and she disappeared. They would think he was nuts.

"Where did she go after the crime scene? The body bag is here but there is no body. The morgue worker signed the receipt accepting it and verified there was a body. What the hell is going on?"
 
She looked at the kid and staggered past him to the door. Still not sure footed yet she fell into the door busting the glass top half and still trying to walk. An old man who had worked there in the morgue all his life looked to the cop with a knowing nod.

Find her and get her out of here. Once she is gone they will forget but she needs help... The death angel always needs a guardian.
 
Terry walked toward the sound of breaking glass. He wasn't sure eactly what to expect. When he got to the door of the office, he froze. He had no idea what to think. He took direction from the old guy and moved in toward the woman.

He was guided to a secluded exit and, with the woman with him, made his way out of the building. He placed her in his car, and drove off. He didn't know where he was going, and, before he knew it, he was helping her into his apartment and placing her in his bed.
 
She slept deep for hours as her body healed and shoved out the rest of the spent bullets from her body till she woke up screaming.

Detective... Carl!

She was sitting up.. Shaking still wielding that dark deathly glimmer to her as she looked around.
 
Terry watched as the woman slept. He didnt have a clue of what was going on, or what he was now involved in. He moved out to the kitchen and poured a glass of water. Leaning against the counter, he sipped at the water.

He heard a scream. Terry bolted to the room to see the woman sitting up in bed. She mentioned the detective. "What is going on? WHo are you? What happened to the detective? What the hell are you?"
 
He... They... Carl sorta looked after me... The bullets.. They didn't stop... I... I couldn't... I couldn't help him... Cold... He said something... Can't remember.

She was shaking scared staring at the spent bullets around her.
 
Terry grabbed a blanket and brought it to the bed. Then, he looked down and saw the bullets laying on top. He looked t the woman. Then at the bullets again. Then back to the woman. She had talked of protecting Carl. What did she mean. He was dead, and here she was and there were bullets all over Terry's bed. He wrapped her in the blanket. "Who are you? Better yet, what are you?"
 
She looked over at him.

My name... Isabella... But Carl... When we... When we died...

She paused...

Died... He said... Its time Essence.

She suddenly almost yelped in pain balling up holding her chest and leg.
 
"What are you talking about? What the fuck is going on?" Terry was a little freaked out by all of this. In fact, he was a lot freaked out. He had no idea what she was sayin, what she was, or what he should do.
 
The old maintenance man from the morgue knocked on the door.
 
Terry looked at the woman, and then at the door. He walked out of the bedroom and closed the door behind him. He went to the part net door and was shocked to see the old man there. "What are you doing here? How did you know where to find me?"
 
Don't worry about that... You now have Carl's job... You're the guardian for the death angel. Which means I have more work to do. Has the mark shown up yet on her? Or the weapons that chose her?
 
Take me to the girl we can answer everyone's questions all at once.

The old man sighed shaking his head at the headache it sounded like this was going to be.
 
Terry told the old guy to come inside. After closing the door, he pointed to the bedroom door and followed the old man into the bedroom.
 
She was still balled up shaking. He walked over and knelt down by her.

Its alright kid... Let the mark form... The mark and the weapon bonded to you will form just don't fight it. Carl can't be your guardian but I have a good feeling about this kid.
 
Terry watched this. He was certain that what he was seeing was part of a dream... a very bad dream. He said nothing. He waited for them to tell him what this was all about.
 
She slowly relaxed and looked at him.

You... You knew Carl... What happened... I... I should... Be dead.

She paused thinking about what he said about the mark and weapon and bit her lip revealing the mark on her chest and the daggers on her leg.
 
This night was getting weirder and weirder. "I knew Carl. I worked with him. How did you know him? What do you know about what happened to him?"
 
The old man nodded.

Yeah... I knew Carl... I also knew the Death angel before you and the one before him.

He motioned to the cop.

That symbol mean anything to you? Or the daggers on her thigh? Guardians always have a connection to the mark normally but sometimes there is a connection to the bonded weapon.

She bit her lip looking to the cop.

Carl kinda looked after me. Till they showed up... These weird guys and they said something.... I don't know what and Carl told them that was not how it worked and then... Bullets... And Carl after they vanished... He...

She shook her head trying to remember.
 
Last edited:
"I have no idea what the daggers could be about. Fuck, I have no idea what anything is about. What is the mark on her chest? I can't see it. ". He moved toward the bed trying to get a good view of it. His mind still reeling from the evening's events
 
The mark... A full moon resting cradled in a crescent moon. The old man stared at it.


I know the historical meaning... Old Kingdom Egypt. Lesser known God Khonsu the devourer of hearts. He helps the dead survive their passage through death.
 
Back
Top