PM asshattery

From a guy I didn't know from a bar of soap - I know this is a tame example, but yeuch:

Subject line: Want to...

Fantasist Asshat said:
live out some fantasies with me? :devil:

My reply: Sorry, just here to browse. :)

Manipulative Fantasist Asshat said:
Now thats a shame isn't it? ;)

At that point, I decided that it was just too creepy and blocked him.

I don't see how it's slanderous if we were to post the whole PM.

*sighs*

Because you still didn't get that people can write whatever they want. How do you want to know that the "whole PM" really existed?

imemkay said:
Hey Primalex,

I did blackmail my sister to let me take nude pictures of her. Want to trade?

imemkay

*sighs*

Because you still didn't get that people can write whatever they want. How do you want to know that the "whole PM" really existed?

Funny! But I wouldn't trade them, I'd sell them ..... I'm not stupid!

And if someone were going to sue for slander I think they'd need a hell of a lot more than just a screen cap from this thread. I'm sure there would be subpoenas flying all over the place. Don't you watch any courtroom dramas??? Do your parents not have a cable hookup in their basement for you?!

Funny! But I wouldn't trade them, I'd sell them ..... I'm not stupid!

And if someone were going to sue for slander I think they'd need a hell of a lot more than just a screen cap from this thread.

So you switched your attitude from "No problem as there is no slandering" to "Who cares if there is"?

Sad.

So you switched your attitude from "No problem as there is no slandering" to "Who cares if there is"?

Sad.

Hmmm .... I don't see where I've said either of the statements you've put in quotes... careful now, I don't want to have to call my attorney.....

Get over yourself. We are on lit having a laugh; not trying to cure cancer! If you can't play nice maybe you should go hang out on the general board!

I find the ones I get funny that either think I'm a chick, or a fem cd, I'm neither! They apparently don't read my profile! Not sub either!

I had one this week from someone whose first language was clearly not English. He was actually quite polite, and was rather endearing, but my first inclination for reply was, "English mother fucker! Do you speak it?" a'la Jules from Pulp Fiction.

For once I was nice and stifled that impulse but I was laughing my ass off as I did reply. If I had answered with my initial reaction, I probably would have ended up with my post on this here asshat thread!

Oh the delicious irony. . .

Hmmm .... I don't see where I've said either of the statements you've put in quotes... careful now, I don't want to have to call my attorney.....

Get over yourself. We are on lit having a laugh; not trying to cure cancer! If you can't play nice maybe you should go hang out on the general board!

The concern he was talking about was that folks could make up whatever they wanted, and post it as a PM from whoever they wanted. Nobody would be able to prove them wrong because nobody else can see the PM.

It's pretty easy to use the QUOTE tag and fill it with whatever you like. So such a thread would be rife for people just making up shit about other folks.

yeah...as much as i generally disagree with anything primalex has to say, he's right that posting the contents of PMs with attribution of username is intrinsically flawed and fucked up.

ed

Not sure if this fits in the asshat section but I've just mentioned that I hate a particular term for a part of the body in another thread & an asshat sent me a PM with that word as the title, asking if I want it licked? Wow way to turn a girl on mate!

Not sure if this fits in the asshat section but I've just mentioned that I hate a particular term for a part of the body in another thread & an asshat sent me a PM with that word as the title, asking if I want it licked? Wow way to turn a girl on mate!

Perfect placement for your post--clearly an asshat of the lowest caliber.

I probably would have answered with "maybe, but certainly never by you."

Subject: hi lovely stud

are you pretty kinky

My reply:

Like a baaaawwwsss.

What kind of PM is this?

Her classy reply:

I don't now... I am wasted

My annoyed reply:

Sloppy drunk girls are disgusting.

Her excuse:

I am bavarian...what can I say

My advice:

You have an alcohol problem?

Her analysis:

based on USA standars I do

The girl had a profile picture that was most likely her and she was rather attractive. But what a dullard.

When will you ladies learn I'm just not some piece of meat?

I just wasted over 15 minutes of my life that I will never get back. Un solicited pm wanting to discuss my underwear. Did I mention the unsolicited part? I tried my level best to get the topic changed but should've known that was futile since his screen name involved the word panties and a relative. (insert surprised look here) I finally begged off the conversation and got this priceless final reply (at least I hope it is the final one) LOL AMF. (caps not mine)

I just wasted over 15 minutes of my life that I will never get back. Un solicited pm wanting to discuss my underwear. Did I mention the unsolicited part? I tried my level best to get the topic changed but should've known that was futile since his screen name involved the word panties and a relative. (insert surprised look here) I finally begged off the conversation and got this priceless final reply (at least I hope it is the final one) LOL AMF. (caps not mine)

gotta love that.....lol

I could not really care a whole lot less for snarky or even pathetic pm's. I mean let's face it, it's not like someone that I know or whose opinion I value said it but for goodness sake who sends pm's out that starts off with things like that? I have a lot to learn.

i'd like to point out that just cuz someone PMed you, it doesn't entitle them to a response.

you can spend your bandwidth on whatever you like, but rewarding asshats with some part of it seems like a waste of your time.

ed

What does that even mean?

it must be me though if someone has taken the time to send me a pm its only polite to send an answer

I generally respond with a polite paragraph letting the PM'er know I don't do sexting and if they want to chat about normal everyday stuff and get to know me then we can chat further. I have had a few messenger's not get it and then I am not quite as nice. Just like real life if you ask me!

BB

If you pm me at least talk about my interests! Otherwise you go on the ignore list and what not.

Hi GrrlFriday,
I'm X, ##y/o WM, currently living in the Q area.
I saw that you were online and started reading some of your posts.
I would love the opportunity to chat more with you sometime.
Hopefully we will be able to soon.
X

I was a bit bemused by this, and stated outright that I didn't believe him, and gave him my best wishes. If someone's looking to chat with you as a person, they'll be like, I agree with you on X, or I think Y is really hot too.

The somewhat creepy reply was:

Thanks for your reply.
Actually I have read nearly everyone of your posts.
Best wishes to you as well.

I advised him that it was starting to sound a bit creepy, then threw him a bone - asking him if there was anything in particular in my posts that he liked... No reply. :)

Back