Men's Erotica/Gentleman's Adventure

AJFaber

Virgin
Joined
Sep 15, 2012
Posts
7
Any suggestions on authors who write men's erotica/gentleman's adventure.

I'm looking for straight men's erotica, preferably written by a male from a male perspective. Something along the lines of men's adventure, or hard-boiled, or noir, with lots and lots and lots of sex.

The picking from ebook vendors is abysmal...
 
Last edited:
This site is full of it, as well as photos, drawings, chaos, trolls, and all kinds of other stuff.
 
Thanks Handley. You have anything more specific?

I've done a search for men's erotica and various other words, not much to go by. I've done searches on ebook sites, amazon etc. Can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I'd like to find some choices to model my writing after. Plus I'ds like to find some authors to read. I guess I thought: maybe someone is writing this stuff and I'm either looking in the wrong place or not on the right track. Maybe someone knows someone who knows someone who is writing this stuff and can send me in the right direction. I have literotica authors I like, but they are not commercial
 
What do you mean exactly, 'not commercial...?' Do you mean 'wouldn't be published by mainstream publishers/too pornographic...?' Like - 'hot but full of grammatical problems...'

Or - doesn't make any money...?

I think I kinda know what you might be asking because I also struggle to find any REALLY avant garde writers who are in touch with present real life idioms.

I make a heap of money ghostwriting for sometimes even really big productions (not recently though). And I make a real lot writing advertising for industrial companies and industry and trade groups.

I have been published a few times and every single time my titles were complete sellouts but I don't live anywhere near the big markets of the UK/USA so my publishers have all been fairly regionally tied.

Are you looking for the Raymond Chandler of the current moment - that wouldn't be me because I 1. sound more like Fleming when I speak and 2. I don't think I'm nearly as bitter or as cynical as Chandler.

The reviews I get would tend to indicate that I could be correct though, when I say such a thing as 'gee, I'm way the best writer in the world today as far as a la mode erotica - or indeed - any kind of slick fiction goes.'

So I would suggest you start at my 'Russian Night Witch' tale published here and maybe also the follow-up one and the one that picked up four/five stars a while back. I've only written 8 stories for this place so far and my ebook length thing on Smashwords is very expensive although there is a free segment. It is called 'A Digital Kumquat.' I called it that because it simply is a fact that my mother - who was a well-known among higher circles Dominatrix - wrote 'A Clockwork Orange,' when that low-class drunken slob Wilson aka Anthony Burgess stayed in my parents home for a short while.

And I can prove it because there would be exactly no one in the entire human race that can tell you what the title 'A Clockwork Orange' refers to - except someone who knows for real. And that would be me. Burgess could never say - because he didn't know. He was permanently drunk and didn't write the book. And if you really want to know, I will tell you because I don't give a hang who knows now because the days of the bigheaded big-noting self-important nobodies who grasped like grim death onto the centre stage and screwed the world while doing it, leaving us in the fiscal mess and the monetary heap we are now in - are over.
 
Last edited:
The reason you see labels like "Women, Gay, Lesbian," erotica, is because everything else is straight men's erotica. You are swimming in an ocean of the stuff.
 
Ok I'm sorry let me explain. As I've said I have authors on literotica I like and I always appreciate suggestions to check out other writers, so thank you very much. But that's not what I'm asking for. I'm looking for commercial authors, published ebooks.

When I say commercial I mean amazon, smash words, or another Ebook vender. Here's my problem when I look on amazon or smash words under the category men's erotica there are some choices of published authors. But by and large these authors often appear to be women posing as male writers. Also the story's are short, jerk scenes basically, with no reasonable story and certainly no action/adventure story or a compelling piece of pulp fiction. I've purchased some of these, even from elloras cave, and the pieces are written by women with a woman's point of view, albeit they try to address "men's fantasy s" or what they think men want. They get the ideas right, but the delivery is very.....womanly.

What I'm looking for is a good men's adventure story, with heap loads of sex. King solomons mines with humping. Mac Bolan with a hot sex scene every other chapter. Ed Lacey pulp with graphic sex, lots and lots of it. The Death Merchant with babes getting boned. Shoot outs, fists, dirty broads, and descriptive men's erotica. I want 50k-100k pulpy action ballin.
 
No. It would have to be rooted in today's world rather than the Baby Boomer's Sixties/Seventies.

Otherwise it is going to read as anachronistic rather than ultra-male erotic adventure.

I totally get your point at the same time though - there IS a need for the truly exciting and flat-to-the-floor engaging.

Personally I pull out my best S&M scenes or hot sex in the longer stories when people are exactly NOT expecting it, and my chapter endings do more than rise just or always on the sex note alone. I go along with Helmut Newton's idea of the juxtaposition of oppositional things - high status individuals getting it off with the poverty-strickened slut maid or similar - and I don't do pointless sex in stories: it kind of defeats the novelty-value of sex-in-words I think.

However, yes sex, should be plenty of it, yes it should be hard-edged and adventuring and never ever dull.

I dunno dude, my book is constructed around a cast I conceived of as being played in some future movie by the following actors:

Ed Norton - the main protagonist; John Malkovic a super wealthy Euro-French weapons dealer who has sex whenever he wants with whomever; Christopher Walken, a French government Minister who is checking into an offer of some amazing secret weapons technology being leaked out of the Hadron Project by a stunning-looking female who gets brain-trained by a Swiss psychologist played by the guy who played the Russian chess player in From Russia With Love
(shame he's dead now though...) And the women are Kate Hudson and Olivia Wilde and Katy Perry playing an advanced (for real) carnally-sophisticated alien, and one of them strips naked inside a monk's cell (who's videoing everything for wanking to later) before donning hi-tech matador gear and going out to shoot dead a rampaging bull with an H&K mp5.

Or do you have some other hackneyed Sixties story idea in mind?
 
And it is called "A Digital Kumquat" and it is on Smashwords and makes reasonable sales for the high price, I think. So I think I'm pretty commercial having never ever ever ever advertised it anywhere (first time I've ever even spoken about it was right here just now). I think people must just buy it off the cover and the blurb at Smashwords.
 
OK, now I've read the thread!
I wrote the above in haste because I saw you were online :) but of course in the time it took for me to post, you had gone again :(.
Kenny Wright is not action-packed, he writes more contemporary. However he is a man not a woman with a man's name and his stuff is pretty sexy and well-written so I recommend him if you're looking for someone to imitate. He has a website on which there are some free stories although the one I read (Halloween theme) was nowhere near the quality of some of his work you pay for.
I have that feeling too of looking around for a genre of writing and finding stuff which isn't quite what you want to read/write. You want sort of Buchan with bollocks and boobs? I'm not sure you or I will find our own particular writing out there but maybe it's good to have something unique to write and publish. In the meantime, I'm reading a lot of other stuff in which I find interesting inspiration. I find I learn a lot by reading things on this and other sites, some of which are very different to what I originally intended to write.
AussieScribbler is a very funny male writer whose work I enjoy. That's his Literotica site, he also published on Smashwords.
And I do have one action fantasy story on here and free on Smashwords which from your above account you might enjoy: As Pleases My General, although it's fantasy action rather than Indiana Jones with intimate john details.
Enjoy!
xxx:nana:xxx
 
This sounds like the type of book our own R.Richard advertises to be writing. I haven't read any of his books (available from Amazon), but you might want to look into them to see if they answer the call. I'm pretty sure he's a male writing straight male-perspective action/adventure.

Pity that it's straight action you're talking about, because this is much of what I write and publish under various pen names--but for the GM genre. As applied to that genre, though, I know exactly what you are talking about. Much of what I see in print was written by women authors, and they don't have the male perspective right at all, for the most part.
 
...I'd like to find some choices to model my writing after....

If getting inspiration for writing is your goal, read some Elmore Leonard or Raymond Chandler and imagine how they're write the sex scenes. Elmore Leonard gives me the impression that if he wrote a hot sex scene, it wouldn't last very long, but in the context of his crime novels, wouldn't that be appropriate? If a guy is that busy being chased by thugs, or saving an airplane from crashing, would he have time to make slow sweet love to the snarling tattooed bitch with the torpedo tits who might have a gun under her pillow?
 
I called it that because it simply is a fact that my mother - who was a well-known among higher circles Dominatrix - wrote 'A Clockwork Orange,' when that low-class drunken slob Wilson aka Anthony Burgess stayed in my parents home for a short while.

And I can prove it because there would be exactly no one in the entire human race that can tell you what the title 'A Clockwork Orange' refers to - except someone who knows for real. And that would be me. Burgess could never say - because he didn't know. He was permanently drunk and didn't write the book.
.

To describe something as "mad as a Clockwork Orange" was a common expression in the 1960s, certainly post Satre. Zen was another excuse for using it.

And it was before the film came out, as far as I recall (I was in Germany doing military service).
 
If getting inspiration for writing is your goal, read some Elmore Leonard or Raymond Chandler and imagine how they're write the sex scenes. Elmore Leonard gives me the impression that if he wrote a hot sex scene, it wouldn't last very long, but in the context of his crime novels, wouldn't that be appropriate? If a guy is that busy being chased by thugs, or saving an airplane from crashing, would he have time to make slow sweet love to the snarling tattooed bitch with the torpedo tits who might have a gun under her pillow?
I am quite often trying to write Damon Runyon sex scenes and they don't work because -- as I figure it out-- he is a guy that writes with a strong elliptical bend in his pen. A guy who is reading a sex scene is a guy expecting a point to the story and Runyon's action scenes are always making with the hankus pankus somewhere close to the climax.

But damn it's fun to try anyway. :cattail:
 
I am quite often trying to write Damon Runyon sex scenes...

Thanks for the tip. I logged into the Library website and found one Runyon story in a collection at the neighborhood branch, and a Raymond Chandler collection at another branch nearby. Now that the economy is practically at a standstill for me, I finally have time to read!
 
Writing 'Damon Runyon' sex scenes, I think, is the holy grail for intelligent erotica writers. Very very difficult, though hopefully, not impossible... Can you imagine it: writing something extraordinarily hot and in other circumstances gratuitously sexual but that critics can approve of because it 'teaches us something about ourselves/others/the world/whatever?'

The future awaits.
 
Handley - if it was a common expression, why is it not listed in any record of slang or common expressions before the date of the book's publication. Burgess himself prevaricated about the meaning and source of the title several times and Kingsley Amis - quite an authority on English literature and literary folklore - casts some doubt on Burgess's claims. Most authorities are on record as saying it was NOT a common expression, nor even a rare expression - in fact, not one at all. Even Wikipedia goes that far to indicate some doubt here. And the idea that it is to do with 'madness' doesn't fit into what happens within the story or the actual point of the narrative.

I am speaking from personal knowledge both of Burgess and the time in question and the publishing house and the people concerned. I repeat, NO authority says it was a common expression and I don't think it is fair of you to wipe these people aside gratutitously in gainsaying what I have suggested. There IS a story to be told about Burgess (that remains untold yet), and one day, I have no doubt I shall not be the only one telling it. Some parts of this story though, I do believe I am one of only two or three people who could possibly have detailed knowledge about.

But I shall give a clue - one of his books published in France and in French, carries Christine Keeler on the front cover in that iconic pic of her astride a chair. As you will be aware, Keeler was involved in a British Security incident. And you can adduce that it is by now getting close to the fifty year embargo on release of certain elements of that event.
 
Last edited:
Don't really want this thread to be hijacked by a side-issue/non-issue, because the main subject of the op is important and there does appear to be a lack of this kind of text available on the ebook lists and reviews (there)of.

I think the op should have a go at producing such a work and try it out here and see what people think.
 
as another example

As another example of what I' m looking for, I found Eric Lustbader as a kid. he wrote alot of mainstream action thriller fiction with a couple of good sex scenes per book.

what I' m envisioning is the same story story type, but instead of 1-3 ' sex scenes' per 200-300 page novel, you pull down 6-12. I' m also envisioning you market it with sexy covers like Good Girl Art instead of just taking a hot bodied model and putting her headless on the cover, homemade ebook fashion. the titles need to be better too. inuendo and double entendres with a mens fiction bent.....glen orbik cover style

you' ve heard of gentlemans entertainment, gentlemans clubs, gentlemans magazine....why not gentlemans adventure

think it would work?
 
you' ve heard of gentlemans entertainment, gentlemans clubs, gentlemans magazine....why not gentlemans adventure

think it would work?

Totally definitely! When are you going to start posting it up on the stories board?
:nana:
 
I'm also envisioning you market it with sexy covers like Good Girl Art instead of just taking a hot bodied model and putting her headless on the cover, home-made ebook fashion.

you' ve heard of gentlemans entertainment, gentlemans clubs, gentlemans magazine....why not gentlemans adventure

think it would work?

I'd like to read one !.
So I looked up Good Girl Art, 'cos I'd never heard of it.
Why oh why, were these thing not available in the UK ?
 
I'd like to read one !.
So I looked up Good Girl Art, 'cos I'd never heard of it.
Why oh why, were these thing not available in the UK ?
Yanno how, a while back, we were talking about pinup calendars and how they weren't as objectifying as that women was claiming they were?

Good Girl Art is as objectifying as she was claiming. :eek:

It's pretty funny. In current parlance, "Gentlemans' clubs" are stripper bars. "Gentleman's entertainment" is lapdances. "Gentleman's magazines" feature spread pussy. And "Gentleman's adventure" does too.

When I think of "gentleman's adventure" I think of ; this review of John Ringo's Paladin series.
"You've never actually raped a woman, have you?" Amy asked.

"Depends on the definition," Mike replied. "I don't think any of the hookers in the third world are actually volunteers. I keep that in mind when I fuck 'em. It helps."​



...I... I just... OH JOHN RINGO NO.

I am going to skip over a bunch of stuff, like the hostages setting up a webcam link and getting live coverage on FOX News, but let me just tell you that the cavalry comes and rescues the coeds and the injured Mike, but not before he kills the president of Syria and Osama bin Laden, both of whom happen to be at the facility, and cuts bin Laden's head off to put in a pail as a gift for the President. AND he convinces several of the coeds to become staunch Republicans.

AND THAT IS JUST PART ONE.
 
At the risk of plugging myself...

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't post links to my own stuff on Amazon here, but go to my author page and you'll find my book noted on the bio.

I'm a guy. Most of my erotica probably tends toward a male mindset than female. My novel has a clear one-guy-sleeps-with-many-women angle. That said, I respect women and I'm genuinely concerned about being at least a halfway decent feminist in what I write, so don't expect a lot of weeping willow helpless women in my stuff. I've got plenty of women readers; whether that's a result of my concern for gender equality or not, I don't know, but I'd like to think so.
 
Back
Top