Profile changes not showing up ANYWHERE!

HelpImLost

Literotica Guru
I'm well aware that the profile feature here on the forum is already broken and still needs fixing.

But now when I make changes on my profile that's on the other half of lit, like the one users see on the chat, it doesn't change at all! And I hit save atleast 3 times!

And it will update on profile saying , "last modified *date here*" but not actually show the changes. Please can this be fixed?? BOTH forum profiles and ESPECIALLY the editing feature on the new fancy edit version. Honestly what's the point of the fancy update when it doesn't work?

After you log into your account on the main part of Lit, scroll down to where it says “old control panel” and update it there. This happened to me too and it took me a while to figure out.

Profile changes

I've tried logging on and off and scrolling everywhere possible ,but am not seeing anywhere there is an "old profile section". What might I be doing wrong ?

Log in from Literotica.com, not forum.literotica.com. Scroll down to the very bottom of your log in page, and there are some links. Click the one that says “old control panel” and that will take you to the older version. I was able to update my profile info there and have it actually stick. This is just for the main part of the site, though, not the forum.

After you log into your account on the main part of Lit, scroll down to where it says “old control panel” and update it there. This happened to me too and it took me a while to figure out.
Thanks, it worked !

Profile changes

Thanks Afterdusk.....I did it by accident and found the old profile section and was abble to successfully change it. Thanks for the tip.

Profile changes

Well....maybe I better bite my tongue. It looked like it changed it, at the site,but just checked now and it didn't change afterall :( I'll try again later.

I just created a new account (I had one years ago) and I can't even MAKE a profile!! :(

Hopefully it's a temporary glitch...

I just created a new account (I had one years ago) and I can't even MAKE a profile!! :(

Hopefully it's a temporary glitch...
Everyone who makes an account is automatically given a profile. It's just blank until you fill it out.

You cannot fill out the forum profile. It's just not something that anyone can do anymore.

You can, however, fill out your literotica site profile, by going to this link: https://literotica.com/members/main.php

Only in the old control panel. I can't save under 'options' in the new CP. I get 'Can't save profile. Server error'. But the old CP does save the changes.

Everyone who makes an account is automatically given a profile. It's just blank until you fill it out.

You cannot fill out the forum profile. It's just not something that anyone can do anymore.

You can, however, fill out your literotica site profile, by going to this link: https://literotica.com/members/main.php

Only in the old control panel. I can't save under 'options' in the new CP. I get 'Can't save profile. Server error'. But the old CP does save the changes.

Sorry about that issue.

We rolled out an update to the Lit Control Panel today that fixes a number of bugs (and gets us one step closer to manual series management for authors).

Please check the profile editing issue now and let us know if you are still having any problems.

Thank you for all of the reports! :D

it does not work :(

I tried to change my profile data, but in CP, when i click on Edit profile, it never goes to the desired page :(

Sorry about that issue.

We rolled out an update to the Lit Control Panel today that fixes a number of bugs (and gets us one step closer to manual series management for authors).

Please check the profile editing issue now and let us know if you are still having any problems.

The link between the old profile to the new profile is broken.

The link between the old profile to the new profile is broken.

Can you confirm which link is broken?

I went to the New Lit Control panel and then clicked the footer link to the Old Lit Control Panel and it worked. I then clicked the link at the top of the Old Lit Control Panel and it went to the New Lit Control Panel.

Is there somewhere else that we have a link that is broken?

Thank you and sorry for the trouble.

From User CP I go to 'Edit Profile'. As it has done for months it doesn't go to Edit Profile but to Change Password.

Can you confirm which link is broken?

I went to the New Lit Control panel and then clicked the footer link to the Old Lit Control Panel and it worked. I then clicked the link at the top of the Old Lit Control Panel and it went to the New Lit Control Panel.

Is there somewhere else that we have a link that is broken?

Thank you and sorry for the trouble.
We can update a bio in the story-side author's profile (using the Old Control Panel) but the update doesn't go through to the profile that can be accessed from the forums.

We can't update a bio profile from the New Control Panel.

It's not the links that are the problem, it's the bio not updating on both sides of Lit, that's the issue.

Sorry about that issue.

Hi there. I appreciate you asking about this. Still having issues here. From "User CP" or from "Quick Links," if I click"Edit Profile," I am taken to the "Edit Email and Password" page. It's not the end of the world, this issue, but it would be a fun to have this piece of Lit restored.

Thanks for any fix you can provide.

How long does it take to get your avatar approved?

I logged in from the main site as suggested, uploaded and it was successful.

Thank you.
To have an avatar on the forums you actually need to have 100 posts. Then an option will pop up in your user guide on here . :)

Back