It Begins Again (Closed)

Legolas

"Do not fear for me fair Eden. As long as there is breath in my body I will continue to fight for you and along side you." Legolas exclaimed with another kiss to her forehead.

"When the time comes we will deal with Morwinyon Mine but for now, if you are feeling up to it, we need to speak to Lord Edoras about the army in Isenguard. Only the riders of Rohan may stand a chance against such a terrible force." He reminded her.

Legolas reluctantly detangled himself from her grasp and stepped outside to speak to one of the staff. He requested they ask for an audience with their lord in which they replied.

"My Lord is already expecting you, you may see him in the Town Hall when you are ready."

Legolas returned to Eden.

"When you are ready, we have been granted audience with the Lord of this town. Do not dwell too deeply on the dark visions of your dream Eden we shall take this one step at a time." Legolas comforted her with a gentle touch to her wounded shoulder.
 
Eden saw how relaxed Legolas looked and she still worried about what this could mean, she worried about everyone now. If she ended up being the daughter of the most hated man during the Fellowship she did not know what to think any more. It seemed so easy for Legolas to be so calm about it, but she knew better. She knew he worried but would not dwell on anything, this kingdom was different. She had never lived among humans it was always around the elves she lived around since she was about three.

"Le Hannon Legolas" Eden said thanking him in elvish she felt his hand on her wounded shoulder, placing her hand over his. She knew rather she was and forced herself to get up on her feet as she cracked her neck a little bit. "I guess what Elves say is true, that you have a soul mate. Though I maybe short lived I don't plan on leaving you, just know Legolas I am loyal to you and your people. No one could ever get me to switch sides no matter how strong and dark this idiots powers are"

She said softly and stroked his cheek looking into his eyes "Ni Meleth Le Legolas" She kissed him softly on the lips since they had that moment of silence. She knew now they would need to speak "Come I know better then to keep royalty waiting" She said simply. As she walked beside Legolas she had a feeling the question would be how she lived in Rivendell being human, she tried to think of answers to what may or may not have been asked. After a few moments she noticed the man and sighed silently.
 
Legolas

Lord Orach sat in his council room with his adviser. They seemed to be in deep conversation, discussing the documentation around them. The lord looked up at their arrival.

"Ah, Legolas of Mirkwood and Eden of Rivendell it is good to see the both of you up and well."'he greeted them.

"Thank you Lord Orach, Eden and I are very grateful for your assistance. Without your help we would surely perished at the hand of our or hush pursuers." Legolas replied respectively.

"That is what I wanted to talk. Seeing so many orcs together in such an organized group has me greatly concerned. Where did they come from." Lord Orach inquired.

"They hail from Isenguard, though we cannot be entirely certain who is in command, a large army has been amassed along with corrupted ents in their ranks."

"An army! surely not! We must speak with King Eomir at once, if what you say is true then our forces must be mobilised." He exclaimed.

"Right you are my lord." Legolas returned.

"Is there anything else I need to know?" Lord Orach asked. Legolas looked at Eden to see if there was anything else she wanted to add.
 
Last edited:
Eden was quite while Legolas spoke, she had no idea what to tell this man and what not to. But knew that she could not lie to the man, if he was going to help them. Then he deserved to know what he was getting into. She noticed Legolas looking at her, and she looked down for a moment. Thinking about the vision she had and kept getting. Each vision brought her closer to getting a name from the man. She slowly opened up her eyes and thought for a moment, making sure to word this right.

"This battle is going to be a rather difficult one, I know all wars are but this. There is a man behind this, they call this man Morwinyon Mine. Which in our language means Dark One, he is powerful and I know for a fact his father was Saruman. He did not start as powerful as his father, but every day I sense his powers getting stronger. This figure in black I think he can feel my power as well, part of the reason I wanted to stop this. To protect those still living here in Middle Earth.

Every day my visions get more and more clear, though I wish I could give you something solid. I fear that he may have something to do with me, my parents died when I was three. I was raised in Rivendell, I swore to protect those that I can. No matter what power this man has, we have to stand together or we all will die. There is only so much two people can do, but an army can help us a great deal." She said softly and did not know what was to happen, but right now she had to really worry.
 
Legolas

Lord Orach looked at Legolas and Eden with great concern, sitting back in his chair he sighed loudly.

"I shall take this knowledge to our King at once, we will need to marshall the full might of the Rohirrim to face against such an army. Are you going to join us in the battle master Elf? Lady Eden?" Lord Orach requested

Legolas looked at Eden briefly before answering.

"I'm afraid our quest takes us beyond these lands and into the depths of Mordor." Legolas replied grimly.

"Noone has set foot in those lands for years now. I heard that the very land had collapsed in on itself." Lord Orach commented.

"Nevertheless we must venture into the dark lands to seek out the evil lord of this new army." Legolas replied.

"I understand. Stay as long as you need to before your journey, by the sounds of it you will need all the rest you can get." Lord Orach suggested.

"Thank you milord, we are honored by your hospitality." Legolas responded and dismissed himself from the council room.
 
Eden knew that she wanted to stay and fight, the look she gave Legolas proved that. But she knew they could not stay, they had something else to do. Hearing what was said she just nodded to him, unfortunately no one would really know what they were getting into. Every day this man grew stronger, she could feel his power. Life could be so simple, and some life could be so damn complicated it damn near killed her. She said nothing for the longest time, while they took there leave from the room.

Walking beside Legolas she did not know what was to come of this, right now things just seemed to stop. Right now it was hard to breath and it was something that she could not help but really feel content about. She did not know what was to happen, she didn't know if they would come out of this alive. But knew rather they live or die they would do this together, fear of death didn't scare her. But what scared her was to never see Legolas again, it was something that almost made it hard to breath.

"They don't know what they really will be getting into, if this person wins then our world will fall apart. There is only so much that can be done, the battle between good and evil is older then anyone alive on Middle Earth. I just fear we wont be able to stop this, the thought of losing you scares me. My own death doesn't worry me, but I don't know. I feel like I am beating my head against a wall. It's something I don't like to feel, course I have never liked to feel vulnerable either" She said.
 
Legolas

After they stepped out of the council chambers Legolas scanned the horizon to the east. From here he could see the peaks of Mount Doom situated in the heart of Mordor. Though he had not ventured as deep as Frodo once had, the stories of his halfing friend's adventure were enough to give him a clear picture.

"There is nothing more we can do here Eden. The soldiers of this army should be equipped enough to at least halt the forces of evil coming our way. Our best contribution will be to find Saruman's son and put an end to his evil." Legolas commented grimly. He began to head to the stables and motioned Eden to follow

"Let us refresh our supplies and rest for the night. It may be some time before we see civilisation again." He suggested.
 
Eden walked beside him and heard what he suggested and nodded to him. She had been lost to everything, and the more she thought of this guy the more pissed she became. Was easy to tell when she was angry, her eyes changed from being blue to grey. Things going in and out of her head all the time, she grew worried that she may end up regretting certain things. Regretting to let Legolas go with her. If she lost him, she truly would throw herself into something that would kill her no matter how quick or slow.

But right now as she got what was needed, making sure that her arrows were plentiful and was thinking of the past. Things she hadn't thought about since she was a little girl, she was on the balcony in there room as her hands were on the rail. Looking down as she closed her eyes, wishing she understood why he loved her so damn much. When it came to age he was old enough to be a great, great grand something or other. Grew interesting how an elf could love a human, and the other way around.
 
Legolas

Legolas finished packing his own supplies for the upcoming trip. Lord Orach gave them two of his finest stallions to aid them in their journey. Legolas rechecked all of the required tools for their quest; fresh food and water, newly repaired armor, full quiver of arrows and other general survival gear.

Unfortunately due to the nature and unknown length of their task, they wouldn't be able to take a lot of other useful equipment. Luckily Legolas was used to surviving on the bare essentials and Eden was a quick learner.

"We should retire to bed now Eden, Lord Orach has offered us two comfortable guest rooms in his own house. Perhaps we should head there now." Legolas suggested.
 
Eden felt rather lost in her thoughts lately, she had been thinking a lot about life and she had been prepared for the journey and by the time. Her eyes looking around the area and heard what Legolas said. She just nodded like she was half paying attention, but her heart was telling her something was very wrong. And it was easy to tell she was worried because it showed on her face, rubbing the back of her neck as she sighed sadly. Eden didn't think they were safe there and didn't know if she would sleep.

"I don't think we are safe here Legolas, I think there is a spy lurking around" Usually when she suggested things, most of the time they were true. And if there was a spy she would find and kill him or her. But for now with no proof there was a spy she could not act on what she wanted to. And that worried her a little. Her eyes scanning the area as she sighed softly. Right now things were going to be much different, and she was worried about all sorts of things. But she walked to the room thinking.
 
Legolas

Mysterious as her past and abilities were, they had never led them astray. Despite the illogical nature of her claim Legolas could not deny her intuition. The events of the past few days had made him question everything but her.

"As you wish fair Eden. If we leave tonight we can camp out in the bush land to the south east. If there is a spy among us then they may follow, in which case we can easily spot them out in the wild" Legolas suggested. Lord Orach might take insult but if Legolas explained it politely he would surely understand.
 
Eden sighed a bit and knew that they needed at least one good night of sleep, placing her hands on her hips as she looked back at Legolas and smiled at him a little. "Well since I am not sure the next time we will be able to be comfortable while we sleep. Let's stay for the night, don't want to insult Lord Orach" She walked up to Legolas and smiled placing her hand on his shoulder, she would sleep though it would be difficult. But she would not be selfish either, perhaps she was wrong that has happened in the past.

"We have each other to look out for the other, even if something did happen" She said softly.
 
Legolas

Legolas was pleased that Eden changed her mind. It wasn't that he minded sleeping in the wild, it was the fact that Eden hadn't fully recovered from her wounds. The extra night sleep would be good for her especially since the next part of their journey would be far more tiresome than before.

They made their way to Lord Orach's home and were greeted by his wife. She showed them around the house and then to the guest rooms. Lord Orach returned from his meeting with King Eomir and informed them that the entire might of Rohan would assemble to face against the new evil brewing in Isengard.

"Eomir is a good King. Please give him my apologies that I could not see him, we cannot spend anymore time off track from our intended mission." Legolas told Orach.

"Of course, Eomir will understand. The next few days will be very busy for the King, mustering the army will take most of his time anyway." Lord Orach responded.

They enjoyed a quiet dinner with Lord Orach and his family. His sons asked him all kinds of inquisitive questions about the elves which Legolas answered as he would any child. With mystery and story. At the commencement of the evening, Lord Orach dismissed himself from the table along with his family.

"Rest well Legolas and Eden. Though our foe may seem fearsome and mighty, I believe your own demon will be much worse." Orach said with concern.

"Do not fear my Lord. We shall not rest until this evil is stopped." Legolas replied vehemently.

With everyone turning in for the night there was nothing left for he and Eden to do. When they reached the guest room, Legolas placed his weapons conveniently in the corner of the room next to a chair.

"I know you are still concerned about a spy in the township. I shall remain awake while we rest, you will need it more than I." He suggested.
 
Eden enjoyed talking to his children it was rather nice and hearing what Legolas said about elves and they even asked her what it was like to be human but live with elves. Eden told her how she met Legolas and how he taught her to be a hunter. Told them what it was like and how honored she was to be able to even speak Elvish. The night was really nice and in that moment she was allowed to do what she could do. But as she spoke with the children something dawned on her as they left.

When they were in the guest room she heard what he said and she just nodded to him, smiling weakly as she was thinking of all sorts of things to do. Right now everything just seemed rather different, perhaps even a bit more complicated as well. Her heart beating quickly as she thought about the love making they did. She wished there was enough peace to do that again, but would not bring it up since there was no good time for it. Sitting on the bed she rubbed the back of her room and sighed.

"Legolas" She said softly and looked up and over at him and was wondering if this was a good thing to bring up now. "I know we will bring peace to Middle Earth, but would you ever want children? You know in the future once peace has come to us again? Perhaps its stupid to bring out now with how difficult and complicated things are. But talking to those children made me remember what I have always wanted, besides being with you that is" Eden said with a rather soft smile.

Slowly standing up she stood by the window and felt the breeze, looking down a little bit she sighed closing her eyes. "And I know you need less sleep then I do Legolas, but you need to sleep. You maybe an Elf but like me you need to keep yourself okay, my arm is fine and I will do what i have to if it comes to a fight" She said looking back up at him and smiled a little bit at the man she loved. Eden had no idea how he saw certain things, since she did not know every little thing about him, she just knew she loved him.
 
Legolas

Legolas thought deeply about her question. Never in all his years traveling, fighting and adventuring had he ever thought about settling down to raise a family. In truth, he never consider himself to be family material. His experience in the world saving Middle Earth from dark evil's had never taught him anything about domestic life.

Due to elven physiology, children were very rare. Despite what Arwen had told him, he wasn't sure of the likelihood of a human and elf having offspring. Still though, seeing Lord Orach's family unit so happy and unified did give him a small sense of longing.

"I've never thought much about children Eden. My life has never afforded me the time or luxury of such a thing. Perhaps though when his whole ordeal is over we can discuss this again. He replied. Legolas placed a comforting hand on Eden shoulders and then gently escorted her to the bed.

"For now I want you to rest, I know you are strong but so is our enemy. Get as much sleep as you can." He ordered.
 
She watched him ponder her question and she could tell he was really thinking about it. She smiled a little bit and ever since she saw the lords children she wanted them. She had always had a dream about having children with him, she even spoke to Arwen about it and she just smiled. She knew the rarity of it. She knew the likely hood he could have children with her was very slim. But she still had the spirit to keep at it. She had her hand on his and she felt amazed to have him there, right then and there everything seemed nice.

"I would like that, I know its rare for an elf and a human to have a child. Despite Arwen and Aragorn having one, but I am not exactly your typical human either. I will take you up on that promise, to talk about it once this is over" She kissed his hand and nodded to what he said, she stood up and sighed a bit. She placed her hand on his shoulder and smiled looking into his eyes, her free hand stroking his cheek. Love for him and trust and truth seen in her eyes, for she had never lied to him.

"Just please Legolas I know Elves need less sleep, but if you love me you will get some sleep to. I am a light sleeper so if someone tries sneaking in I will know it" She smiled and went to her bed, knowing not to piss an elf off so she laid down under the covers. Not really tired in that moment, but there was nothing she could do about it. And right then everything just seemed simple as she closed her eyes and allowed sleep to take her. But if someone tried something, she would hear it very easily.
 
Legolas

Legolas recognised a fight he couldn't win. Eden wouldn't sleep unless he promised to do the same.

"Okay. But I'll take first watch." He agreed.

The first part of the evening seemed to drag by endlessly. Legolas could hear the sounds of evening fauna outside the window. He went over in his mind again at the possibility of a prolonged future with Eden. In truth he even though he greatly desired Edens continued company the thought of seeing her die before him troubled his heart. Before he could delve deeper into his inner feelings a creek from outside the room perked his senses.

It could be one of Lord Orach's family members but with the possible threat of a spy among them he wanted to be sure. Legolas gracefully edged himself of the chair and quietly eased the door open. He crept down the hallway without making a sound to explore the hallway for any possible intruders.

As he turned the corner he spied a cloaked figure brandishing a small dagger slowly opening one of the rooms; it was most likely the Lord's room but it mattered not. Whoever this person was they were certainly not a friend of the family. Legolas wasted no time and rushed the intruder head on. With his quickened pace his footsteps became louder, by the time his opponent became aware of his presence it was too late. Legolas crash tackled them into the ground and tried to pry the knife from their hands.

The dark cloaked intruder was surprisingly strong for someone of such a small stature. In the struggle the hood around their head fell off and Legolas was shocked by what he saw. An elven female with glowing crimson eyes. She took full advantage of his hesitation and planted a well placed knee in his stomach. Legolas was stunned long enough for the elven woman to push him off her and dash for the window at the end of the hall. She smashed through the window and ran into the night.

After he recoved Legolas rushed through the broken window and looked for any tracks to follow. Like any elf; she left none. At this time of the night it would be nigh impossible to track her. The crash and struggle had awoken the Lord and his wife they hurried toward him and asked what happened. When he told them, Lord Orach quickly called upon the guard to search the town boundaries. Legolas knew it was standard procedure but he knew they would not be able to find her.

With a resounding sign Legolas returned to the room to check on Eden.
 
Eden was having a dream or more like a vision and she winched a little bit as she saw the woman, covered up she could tell by how she carried herself that she was an elf. Her eyes looked around and would not allow things to go on. Everything seemed so different, everything was just perfect in the dream. The silence was the way she could see certain things, her heart pounding as everything just seemed so different. She tossed in the bed as she saw the face for just a moment.

An assassin who was working for the son of the great wizard? course how great were you if you died? She gripped the covers as she tossed a little bit, but right as he got into the room she sat up gasping for air. Panting as her eyes looked up at Legolas, she was covered in sweat and actually having trouble breathing. She got up and went onto the balcony as the cool night air stroked her face. Closing her eyes she closed her eyes, and knew she had been here to try and kill the king.

"Her name is Irissë or in your peoples dialect its Aredhel, she is one of your people from your home. She became corrupted slowly, she knows not what she does. She is begging her body to stop but it wont, it can't. Her orders to kill the humans in power, but she failed thanks to you. They will need to keep him and his family safe, but she will go for Aragorn and Arwen" She said sadly turning half way and looking at her beloved. And there is only one way to stop her if we can find her"

Sighing a bit she rubbed her head and had a feeling this would happened, but was praying to god it would not happen. She was just to damn tired of this kind of shit. Everything seemed different and in that moment she closed her eyes. "From eyes above and below, give me the eyes of an eagle to find the one I seek" She opened up her eyes and could see above the kingdom. "We must find her" She said looking at her love but as she did her eyes were much different, more bright and pure. More elvish.
 
Legolas

Legolas noticed there was something different about Eden as she explained the history of the assassin. The adrenaline surging through his body was making it difficult to pinpoint the exact change. It was something he would have to think upon later.

"A corrupted elf, that is unheard of. It seems the limit of his power is well beyond even his own father." Legolas exclaimed loudly.

"You are right, my love. We must find her and put a stop to her actions. The road to Mordor passes close to Aragorn's Kingdom. We should visit Minas Tirith on the way." He suggested.
 
Eden listened to what he said and could not help but smile, turning her head to look at him she nodded. It was breath taking to see so many things happen to everyone, inside everything just seemed different. But when he called her love it made her smile even more, but she made sure not to make a big ass deal about it. As it was right now in that moment she just wanted to enjoy his company. But knew they had to deal with the threat, looking at Legolas she placed her hand on his cheek.

"I am just glad your here with me, I don't think I could do this alone. But if I suspect what I think my relationship is to the new threat. I maybe the key to destroying him, I feel his power and something tells me he feels mine. But I will not rest until he is dead, so many people have died already. But I can track her now, where every she goes I will see it now, through the eyes of nature" she said and sat back down on her bed, rubbing her neck and sighed a little.

"What should we do now?"
 
Legolas

Legolas rubbed his eyes, they felt heavy with weariness and after the recent burst of adrenaline he felt genuinely tired now.

"It is still too late in the evening to try and pursue her. Even with your ability to track her, traveling at night is not without its risks from other dangers. Perhaps we should retire to bed again, this time however I believe I will join you. Lord Orach's guards will be on high alert now, especially around his house. It should be safe enough to sleep now." He suggested and unequipped his weapons in preparation for bed.
 
She heard what her love said she nodded a bit, showing she did care about how he felt. Placing her hand on his shoulder. "I just hope its enough" She said with a kind smile on her face, all in all everything was just beyond different to her. So while he unequipped himself, she got into bed though she did not think she would be able to sleep. Laying back she closed her eyes and began to wonder who the hell she was. She did not want him hurt because of her. Her mind was running around like it always did.
 
Legolas

Legolas slept rather well despite the fact he'd only recently averted an assassination attempt. Perhaps the strain of recent events had left him so drained that sleep was the only thing his body was capable of.

Eden was still sleeping when he awoke. Not wanting to disturb her, he careful edged his way out of bed and reequipped his belongings. Legolas made his way outside to find a different set of guards outside the Lord's house. He asked them if anything else occurred during the night, they told him that nothing else dared even approach the town since he'd scared out the last attacker.

Legolas left a message with them to inform Eden that he was going to the stables to prepare the horses.
 
Much was unknown to Eden but when she woke up she found the letter, she did not know how long it had been sitting there. But she quickly got ready and with her stuff and hand was walking quickly to the stables. Her black hair up in a pony tail and she could tell peace came to everyone for now and knew the assassin hadn't tried anything. If she had she would have known it and would have woken up. That was how she worked. And right now it was just something that was on her mind.

But coming to the stables she smiled seeing her beloved elf and she could not help but wonder what was on his mind. Right now she was enjoying every little thing, her heart beating quickly. But then when they had eye contact she smiled a bit "Quel amrun Legolas" (Good Morning) She spoke to him. She kissed him softly and looked up into his eyes. "Seems the assassin didn't try anything again which is good. Just hope the guards an do something but I don't know if it is an elf they will have trouble subduing her"
 
Legolas

Legolas had almost finalised everything they needed for the trip. Luckily Lhewas used to traveling on quests that had no determined timeline, his time in the Fellowship had taught them many things. As an elf it was difficult to admit when a short lived race had something to offer, but from the humans, dwarf and joyful hobbits every point of knowledge and skill he learned would never be forgotten.

It was with this knowledge that he arranged their belongings into the saddlebags of their two faithful horses. Though Lord Orach had offered a couple from his own stables Legolas respectfully declined, the horses of Rohan were of an impeccable breed but during lull after the War of the Ring Legolas had become quite attached to his steed.

It was probably in the Lord's best interest that they kept all of their own anyway. While Legolas was packing hordes of Rohirim arrived in packs slowly building the army that would face against the orcs and corrupted treants of Isengard. They were just as steadfast and determined as he remembered them from the first time he fought alongside the Horse Kingdom of man.

By the time Eden arrived a sizable host had already filled the stables and was spilling out onto the streets. Legolas returned her greeting and kiss when she arrived.

"Quel amrun Eden. I've told Lord Orach that we will make it a part of our mission to pursue Irissë. He will need every single man to fight against the enemy. I have resupplied our packs and horses for the journey, be sure to double check everything. When you are ready we shall depart." Legolas informed her.
 
Back
Top