Walking Dead(Closed)

Orgasmicallyfun

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 14, 2011
Posts
15,806
Everything changed in the blink of an eye. One day Matt was a normal college student at Georgia Tech and then the next day the whole nation was in panic after reports of a new virus came in by the hundreds. No one knows how it started. Everyone was leaving the college to head back home so Matt did the same. It would be a long trip to New Jersey in all this chaos but he figured he would make it. The things he saw changed him forever. The sick were attacking people, biting and scratching them. After witnessing a few attacks Matt realized that once bitten you were infected.

Two months later it seemed everyone was dead and he still didn't make his way back home. After having to abandon his car on the car packed freeway, Matt trained himself to kill these undead monsters. He carried a 9mm handgun he stole from a dead rotting corpse. After shooting his first couple zombies he found out that the most effective way of killing them were by shooting them in the head. He became quite the shot able to put zombies down in one shot, which helped save ammo that he scavenged off of dead bodies and gun stores.

He had adapted well to this horrible life. Developing a few rules for himself: Stay out of major cities, never travel at night unless necessary, and don't trust anyone. Other than his gun he had a back pack full of non-perishable food and some water. Ammo and a sleeping bag he kept strapped to the top of his back pack. The gun he kept in his holster and his knife on the other side of his belt. He usually camped out at night in any abandoned house he could find, which he was sure to check for zombies and was far away from any last zombie he saw.
 
Debbie had been on the outskirts of Atlanta when the announcement to evacuate came - hanging out at an outlet mall with her friends. Scared, they'd followed instructions and gotten caught up in the mad rush downtown... and that was when they came. She watched, trapped in the middle of the backseat of her best friend's mom's minivan as her friends were ripped from the car and torn to pieces along with everyone else that couldn't get away in time. Somehow, she managed to make it to the front seat and drove away with one of the monsters still hanging out the drivers side window as she peeled out the only way she could - East.

The van had a full tank of gas when she left town, but ran out before she could make it anywhere that seemed safe. On a wing and a prayer, she found a group of people her age - a church group that had also fled the city - and took refuge in a small town church who knows how far out. Time passed funny, but they gave her shotgun and taught her how to shoot it plucking off walkers from the church room on a daily rotation with the others as they seemed to wander closer every day.

Food had started running low and one by one people started leaving in search of food... help... a way out - some twisted form of salvation. She knew better, there was no God left in this world - only death and her. Day by day, their numbers thinned and she took even longer shifts in what they'd taken to calling the bell-tower: a lone young woman of nearly nineteen with nothing left but to think about everyone she had probably lost.

Her bitch of mom that called her fatty because she had some curves. Her daddy... he would be missed, even when he did cast a sideways glance her way after too many scotch and sodas. Her best friends, God... watching them be... be eaten. Even her sort-of boyfriend, Jake... the boy she lost her virginity to after homecoming her senior year - zombie food. All while she listened to a group of churchies sing songs about Jesus and tell stories about being left behind in the seven years leading up to the coming of Christ. They were convinced the rapture had already happened and zombies were the modern day plagues.

That's what the last three were doing down in the church when the biggest wave yet came from the woods - at least sixteen of them, hungry. Deb took the first several shots, soon joined by her sort-of friends... fellow survivors... but there were so few of them left and none of them a good shot. One by one, like her friends an age before, they were mauled - she didn't see it happen but she could hear their screams when the zombies breached the heavily damaged double doors. Determined to survive, she kicked away her ladder and picked them off one by one - not even noticing that she was screaming and sobbing each time she pulled the trigger on the 12 gauge and turned another head into a fine mist of gore.

She wasn't looking for anyone alive, only at the group of walkers that had congregated around the base of the church - staring up at her like a cat at a caged bird. "Fuck you! Fuck you!" She screamed at them, holding back another hitching sob as she reloaded. "You're fucking dead! Just be dead!"
 
It was a hot summer day and the sun was at the highest point in the sky. Matt was walking down a dirt road wiping the sweat from his forehead occasionally. He had his shirt off and in his back pack only wearing jeans and a tank top. Sweat running down all parts of his tone body, it had to be at least 100 degrees out. Taking a short break under the shade of a tree he took a few sips of his diminishing water supply.

Matt would kill for a shower and a shave. He couldn't remember the last real shower he took. Recently he would only get the chance when it was raining or he he came across a lake or river. He was growing a beard as well since he had not been able to shave. After several minutes of resting he continued.

After about another 45 minutes of walking he could make out a building in the distance. The closer he got the more it looked like a church. He paused and pulled out his gun when he heard the faint sound of screaming and gunfire. 'Could it be?' He thought to himself. Not having seen a living person in forever he hurried to the church. Approaching the front door he saw dead bodies, both zombies and humans. When he got closer the smell of rotting flesh filled his nostrils which he was used to by now. He remembered throwing up the first time he smelt this god awful smell.

Making his way through the front door he saw numerous zombies. Most of them in the corner looking up and the others eating the bodies of the survivors they ran down. He could now hear the unmistakable sound of a girl screaming and the click of her gun when she pumped the shotgun. Aiming his gun at the two zombies that were closest to him and making their way to him he dropped them and then started shooting at the rest of them.

After his clip was empty he killed them all but one. The zombie started charging him and he pulled the knife from his belt and threw it, the knife impaling the zombie in the head and dropping it. Looking around the room while he reloaded he checked for any movements and didn't see any. He paused at the base of the bell tower and didn't say anything at first just looked up. After several seconds went by of silence. "Are you alive up there?"
 
She hadn't seen him, hadn't even heard his shots above the din of her own shotgun - knowing she was the last one alive had given her tunnel vision. She fumbled a heavy shell, hands shaking as she pumped the round in the chamber and leveled it right at the stranger's head. "Why don't you stay dead?" She screamed, and then... his voice. He was speaking, alive...

"There's more of them!" She shouted back, ignoring the stupid question. "Run while you can."

She'd lost count, but had picked off at least a dozen of them in her blind rage - waiting for more to come out the door when they heard her screams and realized there was fresh meat well out of their grasp. "All dead here."
 
Matt froaze when the girl pointed the shotgun at him. Hearing how she was talking it sounded as if she gave up hope. "Did they bite you?" He pasued for a moment. "If not then not everyone here is dead. I killed all of them I think. If you weren't touched by them then you still have a chance to get out of here. Come on" He shouted up as he picked up the ladder she must have kicked down and put it back up so she could climb down.
 
Coming down slowly, the girl let his words curl around her frazzled mind. After several long minutes, she stood up from her hiding spot and came to the edge of the roof where he looked up toward her. At just over five feet tall and less curvy than she had been two months before, the petite blonde cut an odd figure with the large shotgun clutched tightly against the t-shirt knotted under her breasts high enough to show a dingy gray bra. "Not bit." She stared down at him - he was pretty gored up and it was hard to tell if any of the blood could be his. "Show me you aren't and I'll come down."

Hoping for the best, she picked up her pack; a couple days worth of food and water, emergency supplies required of anyone who took watch at the tower. Slipping an extra pair of shells in each pocket of her cutoffs, she packed away the remaining half box.
 
This girl was hard to convince, but it was smart on her part not to trust someone right away. "Okay you want me to show you?" He dropped his backpack and pulled off his tank top making a little spin so she could see front and back. "No bite marks, see." After giving her enough time to examine his bite mark free body he pulled his shirt back on and his back pack back on as well. "Now if your coming now is the time. If there were any more of them around they were bound to hear the gunshots and will show up at any minute."
 
Debbie watched him closely as he lifted his shirt, showing smears of gore but no injured flesh. Mostly satisfied, she dropped bag down to the ground and slung the shotgun over her shoulder by the strap and made her way down the ladder as she had every day for almost two months. Still regarding him with some degree of suspicion, she snatched her pack up as soon as she hit ground - picking her way around the second-chance corpses to the large double doors to see what was left of the church group. With some degree of bitterness, she muttered; "Looks like Jesus couldn't even save them."

The place was a mess, but the door to the pantry was still secured. "There aint much left in the way of supplies, but if we're leaving we should grab what we can." She unlocked the door and let herself in, shelves that had been mostly full of canned goods when they first came had been whittled down to some canned fruit and veggies and a stack of military MREs. "Name's Debbie..." She sighed, quickly loading her bag with canned goods and bottled water.
 
Matt didn't say anything as he followed the girl to the pantry. Seeing her bag almost full he started grabbing stuff and putting them into his bag. "I'm Matt. Sorry I couldn't get her in time to save anyone else." He said softly as he slung his filled bag over his shoulder. "Have any idea on which direction we should head? It's gonna be getting dark soon and I don't like to travel at night." The reason being is the zombies seemed to become more active at night, moving quicker and once they started chasing you it was hard to get away.
 
The girl topped off her back with the last couple boxes of twelve gauge ammunition, gesturing to her new friend that he should just grab anything he needed. The thought that anyone could have saved the people in the church was a pipe dream - they both knew if he'd shown up any sooner he'd have been dinner too.

"I don't know." She admitted quietly, settling the heavy bag across her broad shoulders - holding the shotgun tightly in her hands as they made their way through the bodies and back out of the stench of the church to the wide open small town. "Not much left here from what I heard, the guys that cleared out the store and the houses down the main drag said most everyone packed up and went to Atlanta but I barely got out of the city alive. Never been anywhere else."

She shrugged helplessly, "I was headed East on the highway when I ran out of gas."
 
Hearing Debbie's story it sounded like there was no safe place nearby to settle down. Once she mentioned her running out of gas he remembered a gas station he passed about 2 hours back. He cleared it out in search of food but didn't find much. What did stand out about it was a ladder leading up to the roof. Matt always stayed up on a roof when available as he noticed that the zombie's were unable to climb ladders.

"Hey there was this gas station a ways back that looked like a safe place to stop for the night. I know it's a step in the wrong direction but it's a safe move. What do you think?" He asked Deb to she what she thought about this plan. He wanted her to feel like she had a say in what happened so he could start earning her trust.
 
"Got nothing better to do." She sighed and shook her head, "Aint nothing but dead people back there, though - don't want to go too close to town."

She followed close to him, keeping her eyes open wide as she tried to think about what station he was talking about - she'd been frantic when she left town and hadn't exactly kept track. "If you think it's safe guess I could tag along for a bit."
 
They headed off towards the gas staion as the sun began to get lower in the sky. He hoped they were going to make it before it went dark. You didn't want to be stuck out in the woods in the dark that was for sure. After 25 minutes of walking in quite Matt finally broke the silence. "So Debbie heading anywhere inparticular? See I'm heading North mainly for my family" He paused knowing damn well his family probably never got out of town in time but it was hope that was keeping him going. "I also heard rumors at the last settlement I was at. They said there is a town in the mountains that was free of the infection. Sounds like a dim chance and I know that but it is worth a shot."
 
"Hmph, why not?" She scoffed, shaking her head as she turned a circle mid-step. "Spent the last two months hanging out on a church roof listening to dead people talk about the seven years of tribulation - may as well go play Pollyanna mountain girl." She walked backwards to look at him, shaking her head; "Wasn't going anywhere special... just... going, I guess. The radio was telling everyone to get to Atlanta and that it was safe there, but waiting in line to get into the city my friends and I got jumped by a group of them."

She swallowed hard, crossing her arms over her chest before turning back to the road - empty as far as she could see. "I just drove East as far as I could till the churchies picked me up and taught me how to knock 'em down." Her pace slowed and she was quiet a long moment, before adding; "Couple weeks ago the churchies started heading back toward the city but didn't come back."
 
Matt could tell it was hard for Debbie to tell her story to him. Hell it would be ahrd for anyone to tell their stories now a days. He laughed softly "Sorry, it's just the last people I'd expect to teach someone on how to shoot is a bunch of churchies. I learned to shoot on my own. It was eaither learn to shoot or become one of them. I've been on my own ever since me and my friend got over run on our way to Atlanta. Since then I decided to never go near any major or big cities, it's one of my rules" He wiped the sweat from his forehead after he finished talking.
 
She laughed, a nearly manic high-pitched giggle. "Yeah, well... they aint all 700 Club material - preacher was a hardcore redneck that figured we should all know how to hold our own and stay alive. "

Debbie's steps quickened, pushing to a beat all her own on the empty blacktop. First time in her life she'd ever walked on a highway. Suddenly, she stopped and stared at the tail end of a pileup not too far ahead. "Coming up on some stopped cars... think they got sense to hide in them cars?" She hadn't learned much about them at the church, mostly that they seemed to be driven only to kill and eat and didn't stop trying until you put a bullet in them. It was a happy accident none had tried to climb the ladder to get up to the tower as far as she was concerned. Maybe they would hide and set a trap.
 
Matt laughed along with Debbie as she told him about the redneck preacher. Then all the laughter was gone when she mentioned the pile up. "Well I have yet to see them set traps or hide. I always just seem them roaming around mindlessly. But it never hurts to be safe." Matt unholstered his gun and took the safety off as he took the lead in approaching the vehilces motioning for Debbie to stay behind him. They searched the cars and found nothing until they heard a rustling sound off the side of the road. It was a zombie with no lower half and it was still alive. Once it was aware that they were there it even started crawling towards them.

This was the first time Matt had seen something like this. He was about to shoot it with it's gun but with night approaching he figured it would be best to keep it quiet. He holstered his gun and pulled out his knife. "Don't wanna be attracting any attention with our gunshots. Go check that flipped car on the other side of the road while I take care of this one." Matt then knelt down neck to the zombie and quickly drove the knife through it's temple into the brain before it could touch him. Wiping the blood off the knife on the zombies shirt he stood up. "Find anything over there?"
 
Disgusted with the display, Debbie was glad to pick her way across the road. Most of the cars were empty, rifled through and no doubt looted. She raised her shotgun as she approached the rolled Civic, peering in the windows she saw it.

"Got one." She called back to him, forcing back her fear as the zombie strapped into the seat, pinned between the airbag and headrest, clawed at her futilely. It had been a woman once, blonde - maybe a college student or something. "It's trapped and pretty pissed off."

She didn't have a knife, couldn't bear the fact that she might have to get close enough to use it. She much preferred to be as far away as possible.
 
"Alright I'll take care of it" Matt said as he walked over towards Debbie placing a hand on her back. "You might wanna look away" He said as he grabbed his knife pulling it out once again. He thought of a way to get the knife into its head without getting touched by it. Waiting for Debbie to look away he climbed into the back of the car easily because the door was missing. And with two quick movements he jabbed the knife into the zombies neck and side of the head. Wiping the blood off on the back of the seat. He would never be able to kill a living person but these things weren't alive. His first few kills were hard to do but to ensure his survival he became quite efficent at killing zombies.
 
She turned away only a minute until she heard him climb into the back seat - and then partly out of morbid curiosity and partly out of trying to get used to the brutality, she turned and watched him stab the thing. "I'm not a little girl, you know." She replied coldly when he emerged from the sedan. If she'd learned anything about herself in the last two months it was that no matter how much time Mom and Daddy had spent drilling into her head she was their little princess - she had it in her to be a hell of a lot more.

"I'm a woman, asshole." She didn't feel horribly slighted, but the guy didn't seem much older than she was and being told to look away like she was some sort of kid just pissed her off in ways she couldn't even explain.

Frustrated with him, she paced toward the back of the car and kicked the closed trunk. "Pop the trunk, will ya? Might have something useful."
 
"Shit" Matt thought to himself when he realized he upset Debbie. He reached into the front of the car his leg brushing against the zombie's leg. Grabbing the handle he pulled it hearing the trunk pop open. Walking towards the trunk he reached his arm to scratch his back. "Look I didn't mean you couldn't handle it. I figured since you just went through all that shit bck at the church you wouldn't want to see anymore bloodsheed right now." He walked right up next to her as she opened the trunk of the car.
 
The girl popped the latch, letting it fall open and spill the limited contents out on the blacktop. "It's pretty much all that's left anymore, aint it?" She muttered quietly, crouching down to check through the debris. Spare tire, a suitcase with some mens clothes that wouldn't fit her. She pushed the case to her new friend and then dug into the emergency roadside kit to find a couple space blankets and some flares.

"I'm a big girl, you don't have to protect me." Debbie stood up, brushing bits of asphalt off her bare knees before unshouldering her back to find some place to tuck away the new gear.
 
Matt watched as Debbie searched through the contents of the trunk before sliding him the case over. Getting down on his knees to look through the clothes he found a couple shirts and a pair of pants that would fit him. Seeing Debbie struggling to find more space in her bag he dumped out the contents of the suitcase other than the clothes he was keeping. "Here put those in here. I'll carry the suitcase, you got no room in there" He hope this wouldn't offend her as well. "And I'm sorry I'll keep that in mind from now on."
 
She frowned slightly, eyeing him even as she tossed the stuff down into the case. "We should travel light." She reminded him, "Gotta be ready to run if the place is a bust."

She hoped it wouldn't be, but the further West they walked, the more it looked like a very real possibility. Since he seemed insistent on taking the gear, she went quietly about the business of starting to check the other stopped cars - most of them had been pretty well picked over but there could always be something useful... food, water, medicines, anything to help them make it through the immediate future would be good.

Deb hadn't meant to go off on him, but she guessed he probably understood being edgy - he wasn't exactly a spring flower himself. Things didn't feel real anymore, it was living in one of those video games her boyfriend liked to play only you only got one life and no place to save. "How much further you think?" She called over to him, gagging slightly when she opened one that'd had all the windows up and family inside that had taken the easy way out. Forcing back the urge to heave up that morning's canned peaches, she closed her eyes and slammed the door.
 
Matt kept his distance from Deb at the moment letting her cool down after her little outburst. He followed suit and started checking the cars stopped on the other side of the road. He didn't know how long he would be able to put up with this girl if she kept going off on him like that. Hopefully she would adjust to him soon.

He wasn't finding much in the cars he was searching. All he found was a swiss army knife, some rope, a lighter and a clean towel. Making sure he put the non essential stuff in the suitcase just incase he needed to drop it if they got overrun. "Not much longer now. We must be about ten minutes away" He said when he saw her gag and then turn away from the car. He walked over to her and glanced in the car to see and smell the horrific scene in the car.

Matt placed his free hand on Deb's back as he spoke softly. "Come on let's get going." He started walking and she followed as he kept his hand on her back for a few steps before putting it back down by his side. Staying by her side as they walked. After about ten minutes the gas station came into view. "There, I can see it"
 
Back
Top