Isle of Lesbos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safe_Bet

No she's not back I'm Amy
I'm starting this thread because I want a place where lesbians, Bi and TG women are free to say, think and be what what they are, without a lot of interaction or posts from men. No offense, guys but sometimes you just want to get away and talk with a sister who "gets it", ya know? (I can't keep you out, but I'd appreciate it if you'd respect the intent of this thread).

If possible I'd like to share this space with my sisters. Nothing heavy, nothing earth shattering, but just a place to hang, joke around and even cry a little if you want.

So, "Hi" I'm Safe_Bet and I'm a woman who now has a place to "be." Welcome. Pour yourself a drink, sit here on the sofa next to me and lets get to know one another.

P.S. Thanks you Abs and Vana for being yourselves and for letting me sorta copy your idea of a safe haven. :rose:

Last edited:
Okay, first blurt: (get used to it, I blurt a lot... )

Ever feel sad because of the isolation? Even here in LaLaLand (which is a pretty queer friendly city) I feel separate from people. At my home, which I share with my spouse Amy and our two kids, I feel normal. Sometimes though when I go out to the grocery store lets say, I can tell that EVERYBODY is on a slightly different wave length from me (and not just in the produce section either). I just don't think that they see or hear me clearly, ya know? Its like I'm just the tiniest little bit out of sync with the straight world. I feel... queer.

It gets even worse with the straight chicks I associate with that know I'm a lesbian. I'm WAY out of sync with them. Its like they are TRYING to stay out of sync with me (except for this one chick in the PTA with me... SHE keeps inviting me for coffee hoping I'll hit on her or something :rolleyes: ).

I've been actively and publicly queer for a little over ten years now. Even before I admitted my orientation to myself, I've felt this way. Amy doesn't dig this at all, BTW. She thinks everything is normal whereever she goes (freakin dyke).

Does this seem familiar to anybody else or am I a "queer" queer?

Ever feel sad because of the isolation? Even here in LaLaLand (which is a pretty queer friendly city) I feel separate from people. At my home, which I share with my spouse Amy and our two kids, I feel normal. Sometimes though when I go out to the grocery store lets say, I can tell that EVERYBODY is on a slightly different wave length from me (and not just in the produce section either). I just don't think that they see or hear me clearly, ya know? Its like I'm just the tiniest little bit out of sync with the straight world. I feel... queer.

It gets even worse with the straight chicks I associate with that know I'm a lesbian. I'm WAY out of sync with them. Its like they are TRYING to stay out of sync with me (except for this one chick in the PTA with me... SHE keeps inviting me for coffee hoping I'll hit on her or something :rolleyes: ).

I've been actively and publicly queer for a little over ten years now. Even before I admitted my orientation to myself, I've felt this way. Amy doesn't dig this at all, BTW. She thinks everything is normal whereever she goes (freakin dyke).

No Sue, you're not a "queer" queer...just a weirdo:D.

lol Sue, I feel disconnected from the world. When I was young I would spend inordinate amounts of time out in nature mainly because it soothed me. It is close friendships and connection that brings me out of my isolation. I generally do not find this with men, it is like they do not get it. I see myself as a lesbian mainly because of the one significant relationship I have had was with a woman. I find the friendships have more meaning too. Also I owe my lesbian friends my life, without their support I would not have made it.:heart:

Now about Misty's shorts....... I missed them somehow lol

You own those shorts and call ME a weirdo? Pu-lease! :D

*Bwahahahaaaaa!!!!* you're mean. Leave my sexy butt's shorts alone...*snerk*

~~

I think i do kinda feel that way too btw, Betski. Sometimes. This sounds totally stupid to say it, but i feel like the only gay in the village sometimes. I don't just happen to know anyone who is a lesbian. I know other lesbians purely from specific groups and gatherings of lesbian women. And it feels/ seems weird.

p.s. don't sit too close to betski, i'm sure she has wandering hands...i saw her trying to touch up the statue of Aphrodite in the corner ;-)

Hey cool...I hope this stays a place for women. We have some guys that really love to jump in on every thread; I hope we can have a space for ourselves. It would be a relief. :)

Hey cool...I hope this stays a place for women. We have some guys that really love to jump in on every thread; I hope we can have a space for ourselves. It would be a relief. :)

I hope that they are kind enough to respect our wishes for a haven. If not we can always resort to discussing our periods. :D

P.S. Still loving that tat.
;)

The Demon Boss Bitch From Hell (aka my own sweet Amy) had me filing all freaking day so I've been listening to music on my Ipod for the last 6 hours. The reason I mentioned that is that it is the first time I've used the damn thing for months without my OhMiBod hooked to it. :D

I LOVE my OhMiBod. Amy has a matching one and when we are in the "mood" we both put on the same songs and go at it on each other while listening to the music. Yeah, baby! Give me some of that bass line! W00t! Something like Damn, Wish I was Your Lover (just LOVE Sophie too) :devil:

So the question of the day is a.) Do you have a music driven vibrator like the OhMiBod and, if so, what are your favorite songs for it? and/or b.) What vibrator do you prefer more?

P.S. It felt freakin strange listening to music without getting "vibed". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I definitely know what you mean about feeling left of centre. I feel like I have never completely fit in anywhere. I have lots of friends, and places to go, but until I started spending more time in queer space, I didn't really feel "at home". So to speak.

But I do feel comfortable hanging out with lesbians and some gay guys, it's like no-one is threatened by the fact that I am an intelligent female.

My partner doesn't feel this schism. Then again, I always tease her that she is not gay, she just likes sleeping with women.

Shopping List

lettuce

tomatoes

iPod

iTunes (or Safe Bet's playlist)

sex toy shop

low fat mayonnaise

bagels

I definitely know what you mean about feeling left of centre. I feel like I have never completely fit in anywhere. I have lots of friends, and places to go, but until I started spending more time in queer space, I didn't really feel "at home". So to speak.

Guess it's kind of a "birds of a feather" kinda thing." The neat thing is that when it feels like "home" it feels WAY like home.

But I do feel comfortable hanging out with lesbians and some gay guys, it's like no-one is threatened by the fact that I am an intelligent female.

Our house (somehow, over the years) has become sort of a queer gathering place. Especially during the summer, we usually have an on-going" weekend long pool party going on. We don't live too far from the Marine Air Station (Mir Mar) and a lot of the dykes who are stationed there have been sort of "adopted". When they bring a new person with then you can literally watch them relax after a bit. You can see the stress leave them as they see that there actually are places (besides queer clubs where they get hit on all the time) where they can let their hair down and feel "safe" without having to worry about the fallacy of "don't tell or we'll fuck you over". We also have a fair representation from gay men, as well, but it is like 5 to 1 chick to guy, so they are pretty out numbered. If ANYONE gets assholish (or overtly sexual while the kids are still awake), they get taken aside and told that they can stop or leave. Makes for a safe, friendly, PRIVATE place to be with people who "get it". Makes it "home"

My partner doesn't feel this schism. Then again, I always tease her that she is not gay, she just likes sleeping with women.

MUAHAHAHA! Are we married to the same chick? Amy gets into that kind of mindset sumtimes and I have to show her the flannel to dress ratio of her closet and rub her ass to get her back on track (takes MAJOR threats to get her into a dress and you can freaking FORGET nylons or pantie hose and if I rub her cute little ass it usually results in me getting "Amy mauled" :D). When I even bother to mention being isolated, Amy she just looks at me with her "WTF are you talking about look". She just doesn't experience it isolation like I do. She has managed to build such a thick wall between what straight people define as "normal" that she rarely even acknowledges that they even exist. But by the same light, if any straight guy says shit to her about being queer she goes all radical on him. (yea, she has a few well deserved residual anger issues from her younger days...)

Last edited:
Shit. I have to go back to work for the evil, controlling, domineering (but sexy) Demon Boss Bitch From Hell. :(

It's even scarier than usual because she called me and asked me nicely if I would be kind enough to help her this afternoon. I just KNOW it's a trap. :eek:

If you don't hear from me for a couple of days it means she has chained me up in her torture chamber and is "using me" mercilessly. W00t! :D

I want a iphone associated vibe *pouts*

I called Misty 'Master' this morning and she said she liked it...:devil:

Enters and leaves a few cases of beer, ale, and lager and checks off a note on his pad.

Enjoy ladies I have no intention of crashing. Just like to see that your getting back to your ancient Sappho's roots. Oh and if you like historical fiction check out Jane E.M. Robinson's The Amazon Chronicles. I don't know he, but it is a good book about an all female ancient society.

*takes my hand cart and leaves.*

*Note to Jagged for when we get our next delivery*

Could i please have some non alcoholic pear flavoured Kopparberg, and some Peach flavoured Archers ;) thanks :kiss:

I did NOT sleep well.

And i am going out with my girlies and one male minyon tonight to have a good time. I am gonna pass out.

I did NOT sleep well.

And i am going out with my girlies and one male minyon tonight to have a good time. I am gonna pass out.

That's what you get for having Master Misty dreams. :D

When Master Amy shows up in my dreams, I kick her ass and make her do house work in a dress and heels, so she pretty much stays away! :cool:

DAMN! Amy looks SO freaking hot when she wears a business suit! Mmm Mmm Mmmm! :devil:

I feel most comfortable around my lesbian sisters or women in general. Most of my time is spent with Women any how. I have heard of trans-girls having problems with lesbians. This has not proved to be true in my case. I find that lesbians are some of the most beautiful people I have found.:heart::rose:

I feel most comfortable around my lesbian sisters or women in general. Most of my time is spent with Women any how. I have heard of trans-girls having problems with lesbians. This has not proved to be true in my case. I find that lesbians are some of the most beautiful people I have found.:heart::rose:

Hugs you. :kiss:

Mindless Blurt: I REALLY like good poetry. I REALLY, REALLY wish I could write it. My problem is that I write poetry like a writer and I write stories like a poet. The result is mush. I sometimes wonder if my writing and/or poetry would be better if I was straighter. I just SO don't get a lot of things.

For example I wrote a story for one of the contests and I tried REALLY hard to keep it straight sex. I had a friend of mine proof read it and she said that it was okay but told me that the only factual error was that you can't feel it when a guy cums in you. Who knew? Sure as hell not me! Ain't ever happened and ain't never gonna. (defnt'ly in EWWWW land). The farthest I ever went with a guy was on one of the very few dates I went on in high school this punkass shithead grabbed one of my tits. I punched his ass and made him let go. EVERYTHING else has been with Amy (yeah I know = pussy whipped to the max).

So to loop thing back around: Amy, you are the woman who took my virginity, you are and always will be my lover, your my friend, you are the Papi to our kids and are the chick who patiently listens to my sucky poetry (which is usually about you) and has to sit through me reading my stories to you... just want you to know that I love you with all my heart and soul. :heart:

Straightness has nothing to do with good writing. At least I don't think so it may since I think my stories are horrible, which is an opinion of one since most of them got that red H, or half I forget. :eek:

Don't hate me but I can tell you with out a single doubt it is very possible to feel a guy shooting in you. Course the whole feeling part is something of a misnomer, for the most part you feel warmer and wetter. I know makes no sense but well best way I can think of to describe it. That said though it is still possible to feel it, I do mean feel in the dictionary sense.

This isn't easy, it requires a guy big enough to get up to your cervix, doesn't have to ram it just be up there, and he has to be really excited, I mean more than the normal oh god yeah I'm cumming excited. I'm lucky enough to live with a guy who happens to meat the size requirement, ;) (pun intended) And I've felt him cumming a couple times. Kinda hard to describe, it's sorta like a big ostrich feather trailing along your body except in one spot.

I so think I totally did not describe that well. :eek:

I'm sure Amy loves your poetry, it always goes over better with the loved one it's about than you think. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back