Update on my dog

pink

No title
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Posts
58,083
Mocha had his surgery today, his cyst was removed. I did not have it biopsied, it was pretty pricey and honestly money was a factor. We are choosing to believe it was cancer.

He is home with us now and doing well. I put his cone back on him, he was messing with his stitches. He can eat a small amount after 7 PM.


This is his shaved neck.


20131223_154048_zps89474230.jpg
 
Last edited:
Can you bandage it over rather than putting the cone back on him? I know he's prone to scratch it, but now that the cyst is removed it's not really necessary, is it?
 
you should get him a rubber chicken w/ a cheap turkey call in it. dogs love that shit. well, mine does. also, those furry rags with squeakers. yay dogs.
 
That is good news, Pink, and for Christmas too! :rose:
But I don't know about doggies, so I will follow pointless and his suggestion with a rubber squeaky for Mocha :)
porqué no?
pPETS-5036660dt.jpg
 
Glad it's okay.

I've only had one pet where I would have paid for a life saving surgery, the rest, including the present one, can suck it if they get sick.
 
Aww the cone of shame! I recently had to tumors removed from my dog's mouth. I did have them biopsied (still paying that off) but the peace of mind was worth it.

Hope your baby heals quickly.
 
Hi Pink, I am glad your dog is home and surgery went well. Your vet should have a good idea by looking at it if it was a fatty deposit etc. Since you are choosing to think it is cancer there are a number of things you can do to help your dog. Diet is very important. Google cancer starving diets for dogs. You can come up with a feeding program for an affordable price that will cut out all the sugars and foods that feed the bad stuff. If you want to chat further about things shoot me a pm, I have some dog experience lol ...

BB
 
Good that you have your pup home for Xmas :rose:
Season's Best to you and all of yours...... :)
 
ahhhh pink, you poor dear...
you're not having a very good year here...

may your next be better.
 
Big hug to you and Mocha. I am glad J is home to tend to you. xo
 
Back
Top