BDSMFriendbook

MsQuote

Polite Depraved Dame
Just curious as to anyone is familiar with BDSMFriendbook? It looks a LOT like Facebook, but it doesn't seem to be too populated. I couldn't find any members in my area. It looks interesting.

I use fetlife as well, but it seems to be less than ideal for meeting people that you don't already know. Collarme was pretty good for a while, but that slowed down a lot a few years ago. I used alt.com for a while as well. Can anyone recommend a good dating site for the alt community?

I really love okcupid for the vanilla crowd, but would be great to have something similar for just us kinksters.

See I've had almost 3/4 of the people I've met on okcupid turn out to be kinky. It's just not the first thing you learn about someone

Thanks for the heads up on this MsQuote.

Had not come across friendbook before.

Just joined, there are exactly two of us in the UK over the age of 40!

Hopefully that number will increase. :cattail:

Thanks for the heads up on this MsQuote.

Had not come across friendbook before.

Just joined, there are exactly two of us in the UK over the age of 40!

Hopefully that number will increase. :cattail:

It looks pretty new. I'm the only one in Michigan in the US, but it looks like a great site. I hope it takes off, but I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook comes after them. There are too many similarities.

It looks pretty new. I'm the only one in Michigan in the US, but it looks like a great site. I hope it takes off, but I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook comes after them. There are too many similarities.

Yes, lots of similarities and facebook can afford to chase them!

Be great if it takes off though

It looks pretty cool - I just signed up a few days ago. It is brand new, I found this on the info page: "... BDSMfriendBOOK WAS LAUNCHED IN OCTOBER 2012."

I guess as soon as more people sign up and start interacting it will get more lively - at least I hope so as I think it's a fun initiative :)

Smiles

I am in, will see how far this goes, and your right it looks like it could be an offshoot of facebook. maybe they did it themselves because of the amount of pages created on facebook for bdsm lite stuff that people are constantly reporting.

Seeing as it gives you the option of timeline on your profile, I am guessing that it is a subsiduary of FB :)

Feel free to friend me "elliebabe"

Just a thought...

Last edited:
I should have said, I am Silaster on there; I have found on other sites using this name gives me a wealth of weird attention :)

I should have said, I am Silaster on there; I have found on other sites using this name gives me a wealth of weird attention :)

I thought that was you. I accepted your friend request. Thanks! :)

I am in, will see how far this goes, and your right it looks like it could be an offshoot of facebook. maybe they did it themselves because of the amount of pages created on facebook for bdsm lite stuff that people are constantly reporting.

Seeing as it gives you the option of timeline on your profile, I am guessing that it is a subsiduary of FB :)

Feel free to friend me "elliebabe"

Just a thought...

I just sent you a friend request ... from the chilly and windy Midwest of the U.S.!

I use fetlife as well, but it seems to be less than ideal for meeting people that you don't already know. Collarme was pretty good for a while, but that slowed down a lot a few years ago. I used alt.com for a while as well. Can anyone recommend a good dating site for the alt community?

I really love okcupid for the vanilla crowd, but would be great to have something similar for just us kinksters.

I hop on FetLife rarely. I see it as a place to network and find out about events in the area but not a good place to find a partner. Then again, I'm not seriously looking. At least the wannabes get exposed and run out of there pretty quickly.

Thanks

Thanks for the friend requests MsQuote and shy_slave much appreciated and returned.

there doesn't seem to be much happening there yet but as wil anything new only time will tell :)

If any of you are writers, I just started a page, Erotica Writers, on BDSMfriendBook. You can find me there as MsQuote.

I´ve been on the site since a few days after it started, and I´m growing quite fond of it - it´s like facebook, but without the boring stuff :-D

Feel free to add me, I don´t bite...much!

Just posted in there, and it suddenly threw me out saying access denied.

Weird.

Does my computer hate my picture so much :confused:

It´s done that to me too the last few days. Yesterday I saw a post from the admin saying that they are updating the servers to improve speed, according to the message they should be up and running again by the end of today :rolleyes:

Last edited:
How do you search members on fetlife? I have an old fuck buddy that I want to reconnect with.. I have lost all their details but know that they had a profile on fetlife with multiple photos that I would easily be able to identify them with. Is there a member search option? It's more difficult to navigate than literotica I find.

Generally there´s not much point to any new bdsm site, but joining a new site just to "wait and see" if it takes off is, in my humble opinion, pointless.

It's starting to get some traction. I like that profiles can be "verified" (hopefully this will shake out the wannabe Doms and spammers).

I know a few people who use FetLife, mostly local people, but I'm not really active on it anyway.

There are over 3000 folk in my city alone (around 1m population) on fetlife. It'll take any new site quite a time to compete!

Back