Disneyland attendance keeps going up despite price hikes

So you agree no subsidized internet or cable TV for lower income?

What about requiring TV networks to carry a certain amount of children's programming?

I think you should boycott Disney.
 
I think you should boycott Disney.

No, I think I should help start a societal discussion about the plight of lower income families not being able to afford Disneyland tickets.

Perhaps I will call some radio phone in programs and also start some blogs about the issue.

Maybe Disneyland will start offering more subsidized tickets for the poor due to the bad publicity. :cool:
 
renard is liberal socialist scum


what kind of communist propaganda is he spewing now... subsidizing poor people? that's socialism .. and as everyone knows socialism is the cause of all bad things, including cancer
 
Easy. I live hundreds of miles inland and have no particular intrest in theme parks or whaatever. Do you think they put up ads in Canada?

First, yes I think they put up ads in Canada. Universal Studios and Disney World advertise in China and that's a lot farther away. Second Sea World is in a lot of fucking movies and Shamu is a household name. It's like not knowing about the Statue of Liberty.

So you agree no subsidized internet or cable TV for lower income?

What about requiring TV networks to carry a certain amount of children's programming?

I'm down for subsidized internet and if that is the cheapest/easiest way to get them internet might as well toss the cable in along the way.
 
What about requiring TV networks to carry a certain amount of children's programming?
Or you could have networks that carry only children's programs. I think there is enough material around to manage that.

Maybe Disneyland will start offering more subsidized tickets for the poor due to the bad publicity. :cool:
That would help some but not most. Either higher poor income or lower prices would work better. Though if the park does well at higher prices it is not likely that much will change seeing that the objective of the operation is to make money.
I'm more worried about food, education, and healthcare.
True, but the underlying problems are the same no matter where you look.
 
Last edited:
The LWCJ on here thinks the gub'ment should subsidize people's internet and cable TV, so why not?

I concur with the subsidizing. Access to information is critical to success these days. The HAVES cannot control both ends of the information cycle (as the Producer of the information and the main Consumer).

Internet fees are outrageous. The prices are RIGGED but you'll never hear an FCC official say that.
 
They got noting better to do !!!


bilde


Hey does Welfare and Un-Employment Pay for the Happiest Place on Earth?
 
The poor I know use their tax refunds to go to Disney; thats the refund they get tho they pay no income tax, cuz of all the child deductions and other credits.

Disney is a proud member of the welfare-industrial complex.
 
The poor I know use their tax refunds to go to Disney; thats the refund they get tho they pay no income tax, cuz of all the child deductions and other credits.

Disney is a proud member of the welfare-industrial complex.

They do pay taxes.
 
The poor I know use their tax refunds to go to Disney; thats the refund they get tho they pay no income tax, cuz of all the child deductions and other credits...

Disney is a proud member of the welfare-industrial complex.

Well, I thought about that, but I didn't want to get into that level of complexity in this discussion.

You're right, though, it does seem like some lower income people seem to have no trouble paying high prices for entertainment, dining out, "cool" clothes, etc. I've wondered how they have money for all that stuff.
 
Back
Top